main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars OPEN Elite League Limmie

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Trieste, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    IC: Vienna Harlow
    302 ELL Draft hall

“So are you excited for Tiarest?!” Corrine asked, her tone indicating she certainly was enthusiastic about her best friend’s upcoming freshman year.

“Yeah,” Vienna admitted. “I’m really looking forward to getting away. I feel like I’ll be able to really start my life.” Tiarest was located in Salis D’aar, nearly on the other side of the planet from Gesco City. It wasn’t that she didn’t like her parents or felt they were trying to control her life. She just wanted to do something completely different, something that was hers. Going to UBGC as her mom had (and as her mom had pushed) wasn’t going to give her that.

If she’d just wanted to get away, she could have gone to UBSD. Triestes had been going there for generations. From Lennon Trieste now down to Niall and Shenandoah, five straight generations had attended the flagship campus of the University of Bakura system. (Maybe more—she couldn’t exactly remember.) There wasn’t just a Trieste Hall at UBSD—there was a statue of Vienna’s great-grandfather Fionn there.

By choosing Tiarest she was subtly thumbing her nose at the whole Noble House. Not only was it Bakura’s oldest university, generally considered the most prestigious, definitely one of the most expensive (Vienna’s didn’t have to consider that as university tuition and expenses were picked up by the Noble House trust), but it was also UBSD’s main rival on and off the athletic fields. She would only be the second descendant of Fionn Triste to attend it for undergraduate studies, joining her Aunt Regan. Trixie was an associate member of the Trieste Tiarest alumni club, having attended for law school.

Though Vienna could have sent the same message by going to other universities on Bakura like the College of Deredith & Millicent or UBTV that had little in the way of Noble House links, Tiarest was the best university she’d gotten into. She cared enough about her education that quality mattered.

“I’m so jealous. You actually got to choose where you go,” Corrine said.

Corrine had been forced to campaign hard to attend university. Most Hapans felt that private tutors were enough for a future monarch. The only reason her Hapan father had received a university education—meeting Sierra in the process—was because he was so deep in the line of succession no one thought he would become a Prince Consort. They were happy to send him off to the Brentaal College of Commerce, expecting little from his future.

A chume’da was a different matter. Though Sierra decided in her daughter’s favor, it was unthinkable at court that the heir to the throne would receive a non-Hapan education. Similarly, nothing but the best would do for a future Queen Mother. That meant there was only one option for Corrine: the Royal College of Hapes.

“You could do worse than RCH. They have a good limmie program,” Vienna said, looking for the silver lining. “Dragonstorm came out of there.”

“Maybe if I didn’t live at home I’d actually get to enjoy being a university student and go to games. You’re going to have to tell me everything about Tiarest so I can live vicariously through you.”

Before Vienna could respond, Shay Dionne announced the Miners’ first pick, four spots later than everyone had anticipated.

“With the sixth overall selection of the 302 Elite League Limmie Draft, the Bakura Miners select the player we wanted all along, Jerrin Davies, Full Forward, VCU.”

Vienna couldn’t help seeing how the family reacted to that.
    “Was he that bad?” Corrine asked. “McConnor?”

“He was a great regular season player, but Aloric has a point. He’ll try for a starting position, but with such a small league his options could be limited,” Vienna supposed. “A lot of teams look to the draft, not free agents, these days when they need new players.”

“So Dionne’s gamble worked out. She got the player she wanted and got an extra draft pick in the process,” Corrine observed.

“It’s probably too early to say. It depends on if she gets the rest of her draft targets with her remaining picks—but she’s got two of the next four. You’ve got to like her chances,” Vienna said.

They settled in for the Starkillers’ pick, Vienna reflected that she’d just rattled off draft strategy like an HSN analyst. She nearly rolled her eyes. This was what happened when you grew up in an owner’s box. She would have been just as happy if she didn’t know anything about limmie.

She wondered if there was a Vigo family member watching the Draft right now, feeling the same way.

TAG: @Runjedirun

Vehn likes this.
  2. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    IC Louise Till

Damn It! First the Mercs win the cup and now they take a much need mid fielder. Does my brother even know what he’s doing?

Are you watching the draft? Morris messages me. I can’t believe the Starkillers didn’t take a defensive player after that atrocious finals.

What is that supposed to mean? Not like our offense played much better. Obviously, they are looking to replace the retired forward Lofykam. I message back.

I sure hope they pick a defender in the second round. So, where do you like to watch games?

My family has season tickets. So for home games the stadium. I message back. Yes, I’m letting on that I’m rich. May as well be honest about something.

No ****! Where are your seats?

Upper Deck. Now that’s a big lie, upper deck would lead him to believe I’m not that rich. Owners Box is in the mid-way point between the lower and upper decks. So, it could be a bigger lie, I guess.

Thankfully, the remaining midfielder stays on the board and my brother is able to pick Khannkooottor. I’m relieved. I even think it’s a good pick. I don’t think Morris will feel the same.

Tag: @Trieste

Vehn and Trieste like this.
  3. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    302 ELL Draft hall

Corrine suddenly chuckled. Vienna raised an eyebrow of inquiry. The chume’da presented her datapad.
    Vienna couldn’t help but smile as Corrine put the datapad away.

“Soooooo, you excited for all those coeds?” Corrine asked. “Going to sneak into the boys’ dorm after curfew?”

The Bakuran took a deep breath. “OK, don’t be mad.”

“What did you do,” Corrine asked seriously.

“So it’s nothing I did,” Vienna started, “it’s more like what’s going to happen.”

“V…”

“So there is no boys’ dorm at Tiarest for me to go to.”

“No,” Corrine said.

“They only have coed dorms,” Vienna admitted.

“Please don’t say it.”

“And coed floors.”

“ARGH!” Corrine moaned.

“With coed bathrooms,” Vienna finished.

“This is so not fair! You’re going to have such a good time!” Corrine objected. “So. Un. Fair! You have to date all of them for me. Do you understand? You need to have at least two guys going at any time.”

Vienna just smiled. Corrine’s dating life was fraught with political peril given her position as heir to the Consortium. Her dating choices could set off a civil war if she wasn’t careful. It made her overly invested in Vienna’s romantic exploits, even though there had never been any to speak of. Corrine had even tried to set her up with Hapan nobles at her investure as chume’da.

Before Corrine could plan any more of Vienna’s life, Shay Dionne was up with the next pick for the Miners.

“With the eighth selection of the 302 ELL Draft, the Bakura Miners select Sorgen de'la Penna, Corner/Full Back, Chandrila A&M University.”

Vienna knew what was coming now.
    “This is going to go on for a while,” Vienna informed Corrine. Aunt Nessa really loved her A&M Rovers.

TAG: @Vehn

jcgoble3, Runjedirun and Vehn like this.
  4. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    IC: IS-86
    Smuggler War Room

If IS-86 could complain it would. It was still cleaning the Smugglers front office and tuned into the ELL Draft when it discovered that someone, or something, had absolutely wrecked the refresher. This someone had used up all the toilet paper and clogged said refresher after eating a bunch of cheesy nachos. The greasy kind. The kind that left stains. The kind that if it had olfactory senses would lead to massive amounts of vomit spewing from every orifice.

IS-86 rapidly cleaned out the refresher and then stopped all of a sudden as the Smugglers made their final pick of the draft.

"Raven Helmdark, Half Back, Level 1313 Technical School."

Tag: @Trieste

Trieste, jcgoble3 and Runjedirun like this.
  5. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    302 ELL Draft hall

“So…how are…things?” Vienna asked tentatively. She raised her eyebrows and tilted her head to try to convey she was asking about Corrine’s life as chume’da.

“Good. I mean, there was a…workplace issue I had to get in front of,” Corrine admitted.

“Was it bad?” Vienna wasn’t sure she wanted to know the answer given how things could go down in the Consortium. She tried to keep an eye on the news to see if anything big was going down on Hapes, but Corrine had told her that not everything made it outside the court. It was one of the advantages of a centralized government with thousands of years of minding its own business.

At least Corrine looked well and healthy. That was probably a good sign.

“I got in front of it before it became a thing,” Corrine said. “Mom was out of town on business so you know what happens when the boss is gone. Everyone thinks they can do whatever they want.”

Vienna didn’t know how to ask her best friend in public if things had been dangerous. If someone had gotten hurt. If Corrine’s life had been threatened. She might not have even known how to ask it if they’d been alone, where no one could hear them. How did you talk to your best friend about the fact that other people probably wanted her dead and had the means to act on it?

The Hapan princess must have read something like that on Vienna’s face, for she reached out and put her hand on the Bakuran’s wrist. “Everything’s fine. If it had been a big deal, I wouldn’t be here right now. That’s how you know it’s OK.”

Vienna nodded. “I hate your job sometimes.” She knew the chume’doro could hear her. It was probably dumb to say it out loud. “I wish you could just go to college and not have to…work.”

“Can’t escape the family business. Dad and Iv…Ivan were around to help. Plus Kamilla and her friends. It’s not like I’m alone.”

“I just worry about you.” The Smugglers were picking right now, but Vienna barely noticed.

“I know.” Corrine squeezed Vienna’s wrist.

The moment was interrupted by a sudden noise from the draft floor. Even from a distance the pair could hear Shay Dionne shout, “Seriously Addison? Were you even looking at the board?” The general manger got up and headed for the stage.

“What’s happening?” Corrine asked with genuine confusion.

“If I had to guess? I think Shay wanted to take Helmdark and she’s mad that the Smugglers took her,” Vienna said.

“Then why didn’t she pick her with that last pick?”

“Because she was probably betting that if the Smugglers needed a half back, they’d take the higher ranked Coryn and she could get de’la Penna, who the Smugglers might have wanted instead.”

“But why would she want the lower-ranked player?” Corrine asked. “Don’t you always want the best?” So very Hapan a sentiment.

“Sometimes the best players aren’t the ones who are best for your team, or you think you see something in a lower-ranked player that scouts don’t see. Helmdark was on a team no one had heard of that went all the way to the GCAA championship game. She could be a one-season wonder or it could be indicative of immense potential. The Smugglers are going to find out.”

“This isn’t that different from life at home…” Corrine mused.

“With the tenth selection in the 302 ELL Draft, the Bakura Miners select the best half back in the draft as ranked by HSN, who will play with reigning Salbukk winner Rose-Lynn Hypertravels and the top-ranked defender of the 301 Draft Danys Dragonstorm to create the best half back line in the ELL…Jammin Coryn, Half Back, Enarch Tech,” Dionne announced.

“She’s not trying to make any kind of point there, is she?” Corrine said wryly.

Vienna laughed. “I think she really wants us to believe this was the plan all along.” She figured the family thread was probably blowing up right now over the drama, but she didn’t particularly care. “How’d you like your first draft?”

“I can see the appeal. I wonder if the Premier League has a draft…” Corrine tapped her chin thoughtfully with one finger.

“Invite me if they do.”

“For sure. Come on. I made us a reservation for brunch,” Corrine said, standing.

“Let’s go eat everything and get fat,” Vienna said as she joined her best friend.

“I’m 9/16th Hapan. It’s genetically impossible for me to get fat,” Corrine said. Vienna was pretty sure what wasn’t true.

“Does that apply if you’re 1/16th Hapan?” Their great-great grandmother, Maeve Connacht, had been born in the Consortium. Her blood ran through the Noble House.

“It means you’re going to get 800% fatter than me.”

“800% of zero is still zero.”

“Don’t try to use your fancy limmie statistics on me,” Corrine chided as they walked arm in arm into the concourse.

“The only statistic I’m worried about is the number of waffles eaten,” Vienna said.

“Waffles? Lame. An inferior food to pancakes,” Corrine replied.

The argument, as all the best ones do, continued on and off for the rest of the day. Vienna wouldn’t have traded it for anything.

jcgoble3 and Vehn like this.
  6. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009

"Hi I'm Ken Kitterich with your five by five sports update brought to you by Merr-Sonn, Fill you enemies with primal fear, fill their lungs with fire, Merr-Sonn."

"College Bolo-Ball around the corner and that means it's time for the all too early pre season HSN top 25..."

"I hate these."

"...last year's champs the Chandrila A&M University Rovers..."

"I still think of them as rebels."

"... start the season at the top while local team KMI comes in at number two."

"Warriors look strong."

"Meanwhile Justin will be pleased to see his StarBucks come in at number nine while UBSD out of the BAK10 rounds out the top ten."

"Justin, shab, @Trieste will be thrilled!"

"Looks to be a strong season for them with three of the top 25 out of Bakura."

"While last year's tournament darlings Level 1313 Technical School comes in at number 13."

"Seems appropriate."

"..and Royal College of Hapes starts the season in that coveted 16th spot which will be needed to make the post season bracket."

"Way to early to be thinking about that."

"I'm Ken Kitterich and this has been your five by five sports update. I'll be back with you next hour at five after the hour but until then more of the Rancor Pitt, right here on the Fandalorian!"

TAG: no one/everyone

HSN Pre-Season Top 25

1. Chandrila A&M University
    2. Keldabe Military Institute (Mandalore)
    3. Citadel University of Anaxes
    4. Coruscant Polytechnic Institute
    5. Imperial College of Bastion
    6. Brask Yashuvhi University, Csilla
    7. University of Zeltros
    8. University of Tatooine
    9. The Ord Sabaok University
    10. University of Bakura, Salis D'aar
    11. University of Kuat
    12. Enarch Technical University
    13. Level 1313 Technical School
    14. University of Mon Calamari
    15. Duro State University
    16. Royal College of Hapes
    17. University of Denon, Eastlake
    18. Tiarest University
    19. Consortium Technical School
    20. University of Zeltros, Paradise
    21. Ralltiir University
    22. Ackbar Air Fleet College, Dac
    23. Bakura Fleet Academy
    24. University of Agamar
    25. Albanin-Baxel Defense Academy, Clantaano III

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
  7. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    BBC Sports headlines
    • BBC Sports releases its preseason Bak10 limmie rankings
    1. University of Bakura, Salis D'aar
    2. Tiarest University
    3. Bakura Fleet Academy
    4. University of Bakura, Gesco City
    5. Atalanta University
    6. College of Deredith & Millicent
    7. University of Bakura, Cape Suzette
    8. Prytis College of Natural Sciences
    9. University of Bakura, Telaan Valley
    10. University of Evenvale
    • BBC Sports analyst Horst Penn: “UBSD looks in good shape to build on its GCAA playoff berth last year. Meanwhile, Atalanta, who finished the season with the highest ranking of any Bak10 team in the playoff era, looks like they’re sliding backwards.”
    • “Honestly, I’m surprised that Tiarest is ranked number 2. They’ve just been coasting since their GCAA championship a decade ago. And I say that knowing that my mother in-law is going to hit me on the back of the head when I see her next week.”
    TAG: @Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik and Vehn like this.
  8. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    IC Louise Till

This last pick could be literally anyone. Could even be that Morris guy. I put him on ignore. Should have done that the moment he told me my conceded cousin was his favorite Starkiller.

I crunch on my veggies and put my feet on the caf table as my brother takes the stage.

“With the 11th pick in the 302 Elite Limmie League Draft the Ralltiir Starkillers take Annalie Coolager.”

I almost fall off the couch with surprise, NOT. Tale as old as time, Starkiller’s owner picks Anchorhead alumni.

Tag: @Bardan_Jusik

Trieste and Vehn like this.
  9. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    IC: Mando'ade Mercs

"With the final selection of the 302 ELL first year player draft, the Mando'ade Mercs select Paol Gynd, forward from Chandrilla A&M University..."

10. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    BBC Sports headlines
    • Bakura Miners confirm that they will not sign David McConnor (Full Forward, Human [Bakuran]) to a new contract.
      • The third-year player has been criticized for not bringing his regular season production to the postseason.
      • BBC Sports analyst Horst Penn: "McConnor's a really skilled player. But it's true, the last two years he just hasn't produced in the playoffs. Incidentally, both games were against the Starkillers. I guess he must be allergic to nachos or something. This is Horst Penn reporting...still from inside a broom closet at the Draft."
    • Shay Dionne confirms that rookie Jerrin Davies will start for the Miners in 302.
    • Cloud City Sky Captains announce they have signed Wingo Tella (Nautolan, Male, Corner Back) to a two-year contract.
      • Cloud City received negotiating rights to the corner back through the Bakura Miners.
    • Cloud City also resigns Eyef’rank’lygivup to hold down the opposite corner back slot.
      • “Frank” agrees to a three-year contract with the SkimmerAde affiliate.
    TAG: None

Bardan_Jusik and Vehn like this.
  11. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Mando'ade Mercs News and Notes

• Mando'ade Mercs announce the signing of forward Toemash Hurtle to a six year contract extension.
    • Mando'ade Mercs announce the signing of defensive back Slid Kik to a two year contract extension.
    • Mando'ade Mercs recall midfielder Circei Lancaster from the Concordia Crusaders and assign her as the Mercs backup midfielder
    • Mando'ade Mercs recall forward Kuiick from the Concordia Crusaders and assign him as a Mercs backup forward
    • Mando'ade Mercs announce that first round pick midfielder Alisha Scython will start the season with the Concordia Crusaders
    • Mando'ade Mercs announce that third round pick forward Paol Gynd will start the season on with the Concordia Crusaders
    • Mando'ade Mercs announce that midfielder James Lancaster will be changing positions to forward this season and is slated as the starting center half forward
    • Mando'ade Mercs announce that recently resigned Slid Kik will be changing positions from cornerback to center halfback this season

Trieste likes this.
  12. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    BBC Sports headlines
    • Bakura Miners call up Gerald Riviera and Rorie McLita from Cloud City.
      • Both will start for the Miners in 302 at Full Back and Left Corner Forward, respectively.
      • Both were members of the 300 GCAA championship UBCSD Blue Birds under 301 Galactic Cup champion Alana Kirt.
      • BBC Sports analyst Horst Penn: “There are a lot of fans who have been waiting for this day. These two were critical pieces of the greatest Bak10 team of the last half century.”
        • “Not everyone is super happy with this. Cloud City was bad last year. Like really bad. Like I-forgot-to-close-the-hatch-to-the-trash-compactor-chute bad. And I would know, because I forgot to do that last night. Witcher and Heat Wave did not show to their best ability. It’s a big question mark if they’re truly ready for ELL play.”
    • Grady Owens becomes a free agent (Human, Male, Corner Forward)
    • With the callups, Miners have now set their opening day roster.
    • Penn: “I’m still stuck in this broom closet. Can somebody let me out?”
    TAG: None

Bardan_Jusik and jcgoble3 like this.
  13. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    OOC: As mentioned in OOB, I will be out for all next week, so here are your college rankings a day early (and as also mentioned, we have lined up a special guest announcer for the rankings next week)

"Hi I'm Ken Kitterich with your five by five sports update brought to you by Merr-Sonn, Fill you enemies with primal fear, fill their lungs with fire, Merr-Sonn."

"Just one week in and already a bit of movement to be seen in the HSN Top 25 though the top five there should be secure."

"I don't know KMI looked shaky against Sundari..."

"Tatooine didn't look great in their win either."

"Though number ten UBSD should drop out of the top ten with their loss to UBCS."

"Oh no, not doing that again!"

"While further down the rankings Albanin-Baxel Defense Academy, Clantaano III's..."

"Say that three times fast."

"I have a hard enough time saying it once."

"...big win might see them jump into the top 20."

"I'm Ken Kitterich and this has been your five by five sports update. I'll be back with you next hour at five after the hour but until then more of the Rancor Pitt, right here on the Fandalorian!"

HSN Top 25 after Week One (LW)

1. Chandrila A&M University (1)
    2. Keldabe Military Institute (2)
    3. Citadel University of Anaxes (3)
    4. Coruscant Polytechnic Institute (4)
    5. Imperial College of Bastion (5)
    6. University of Zeltros (7)
    7. University of Tatooine (8)
    8. The Ord Sabaok University (9)
    9. Enarch Technical University (12)
    10. Brask Yashuvhi University, Csilla (6)
    11. University of Kuat (11)
    12. University of Bakura, Salis D'aar (10)
    13. University of Mon Calamari (14)
    14. Level 1313 Technical School (13)
    15. Royal College of Hapes (16)
    16. University of Denon, Eastlake (17)
    17. Duro State University (15)
    18. Ralltiir University (21)
    19. Consortium Technical School (19)
    20. Tiarest University (18)
    21. Albanin-Baxel Defense Academy, Clantaano III (25)
    22. University of Agamar (24)
    23. Ackbar Air Fleet College, Dac (22)
    24. University of Zeltros, Paradise (20)
    25. Bakura Fleet Academy (23)

Dropped out: None

Trieste likes this.
  14. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    BBC Sports headlines
    • Bakura Miners sign Astra Sixtrees (Kurtzen, Female, Corner Forward, Atalanta University) to an entry-level contract and assign her to Cloud City.
      • BBC Sports analyst Horst Penn: "It really looks like Shay Dionne is trying to shore up the Sky Captains. Miner-drafted talent forms their entire corner back line and now she's replaced McLita with another Bak10 champion."
      • "The question is whether Sixtrees is going to get an opportunity to break onto the Miners roster. She's in a quiet race with Mahgan Morzza, who was drafted last year by the Starkillers, to be the first Kurtzen in a century to play in the ELL. A lot of Bakurans are waiting for this day, regardless of what team it comes for."
      • "However, the real question is whether I'm going to get out of this closet."

jcgoble3, Bardan_Jusik and Runjedirun like this.
  15. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    IC Louise Till

If we are just meeting for Ice Cream, I don’t need to dress up, right? I sure hope not. Originally this guy, Erwin, sounds nerdy, but maybe nerdy is safe. Anyhow, he wanted to go for caf to break the ice the first time we meet. I don’t like caf. I know everyone else in my family does, but I despise the taste. My trainer would blow a gasket if she knew I was going out for ice cream, but she doesn’t have to know. No one knows I’m going out on this date. I haven’t told anyone.

So, if I don’t have to get dressed up, why do I care what I wear? This is so awkward. All the feelings are emerging at once and collecting in the pit of my stomach. I finally just decide on some shorts, plain t-shirt and sandals. One thing my mom and I do together is pedicures and I love the toe nail color I got the other day. The sandals are flat, so I am sure I’m not an inch taller than my natural 6’6”. I pull up the address on my data pad, snap in my ear buds so I can hear the walking directions and leave the house. I think my mom is going to be visiting my sister all day, but just in case I text her that I’m running some errands.

It’s a little over a mile to get out of my neighborhood to the outskirts of the city where I can catch a train. Most people in my neighborhood including several of my family members would never ride the train, but I don’t have a speeder’s license. I don’t see the need for one. If the weather is bad, I can just use a ride share service, but mostly I like to walk. I wear a cap, so no one can really see my face, besides a little bright red lipstick makes me a totally different girl than the way beings see me on the Limmie pitch.

I get to this Foofoo frozen yogurt place. Right away, I’m kinda upset. I thought Erwin said Ice Cream. I’ve never been to one of these places. That’s because I hate stuff that’s supposed to be dessert, but instead it’s health food. If I’m going to cheat on my trainer and my profession I want to do it right. I notice there’s a guy inside with his hands in his pockets. Probably Erwin, he’s got glasses and he’s dressed nice. I forget the venue and go in to introduce myself. As I open the door I remove my cap. He looks up and sees me, he realizes who I am. I can see him divert his eyes.

“Hi,” I say. “Are you here to meet Lizzie?”

His eyes pop open. “Um, yea, do you know her?” He stumbles.

Erwin is about 2 inches shorter than me, not bad. “Actually I am her, I say. Couldn’t use my real name, hopefully you understand.”

“You’re Louise Till.”

“Yeah, so what flavor ice cream do you want?” I ask trying to get beyond this awkward obvious lie of who I am.

“I usually mix all the flavors.” Erwin leads me over to some containers the size of buckets. He chooses the middle sized one. I take the small one, but it’s bigger than any of the largest bowls in my house.

I watch as Erwin fills his huge bowl with different frozen yogurts. I fill my own bowl only about 1/4th of the way with a flavor called “birthday cake”. I follow Erwin to a bar filled with toppings. Erwin doesn’t stop with the big bowl of frozen yogurt. He adds probably two pounds of toppings, including cookie crumbles, sprinkles, chocolate chips, syrups and even candy. I’m beginning to figure out why so many people walking around Cambrielle are so obese. How is it legal to allow people to eat so much?

I put some sprinkles on my own yogurt and call it a day.

Once we get a seat Erwin says, “I don’t like sandals. You should wear shoes. Feet give me the Heebie-jeebies.”

“It’s hot,” I explain. “Besides my feet are in cleats most days. Sandals allow them to breath.”

“You should wear shoes,” he says again.

I don’t understand how my feet are bothering Erwin, he’s already at least eight bites into his colossal frozen yogurt sundae.

My yogurt is kinda watery, not the greatest. I eat it anyway. I watch as a family walks in the door. “Ugh, kids.” Erwin moans.

I don’t bother to ask what is wrong with kids. I want to start some conversation, but I don’t know what to say. “Quite the heat wave we’ve been having,” I try.

“I just stay inside, mostly,” Erwin shrugs.

“I thought you said you liked to work out,” I inquire.

“Gym membership. You wouldn’t understand. You never had to work hard in your life.”

Erwin is lucky I don’t dump the rest of my watery frozen yogurt on his head. “This date is over.” I say as I stand up and walk out of the store. I leave the yogurt. It was awful, but not as awful as Erwin.

Tag: none

16. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Sinee Traivut
    Salis D'aar

It was a slow morning for Sinee Traivut; she'd worked another late shift at Pack and Rook. She came home smelling of beer and whiskey. Not that it put off her boyfriend, Dyoh. Evidenced by the fact he was still next to her in the morning. His warmth was comforting next to her, her head resting on his chest moving with his breaths. Her fingers ran over his skin tracing the tattoos that cover his chest. Symbols and creatures inked onto his red chest. Each one was a story or so he told her. Her fingers circled around the crossed pickaxes just under his collarbone.

He wore his loyalties on his sleeves, or in this case his skin. It was a colorful tapestry that ran across his chest, down his arms, and covered his stomach, and she loved it.

Her eyes closed ready to drift off to sleep again when she heard the front door open.

"Sinee!" An older voice called out, sending a jolt through the pantoran. Her eyes widened snapping up and looking to Dyoh next to her.

"Get up." she said pushing him towards the edge of the bed.

"What?" the sleepy twi'lek replied.

"My mom's here…"

"Sinee!" The older woman called out, muttering something.

"Come on…" Sinee said continuing to push Dyoh off the bed.

"Where should I…"

"Closet…" the young woman continued to push the tall athletic man to a hiding place.

"You know you could tell her…"

"No, are you insane? She'd lose her mind if she saw you…" She opened the door to her closet pushing Dyoh into it.

"How long are you going to keep me a secret? It's been six months."

"I will just not yet…"

"Sinee? Are you here?" The voice was close.

"I'm here mom...um, just getting dressed…" She looked back Dyoh handing her a shirt from the closet.

'Tell her.' Dyoh mouthed to her.

Finding a pair of pants on the floor she hastily threw them on looking up to Dyoh with an apologetic look. Saying nothing she stepped out of the room.

"Hey mom, what's up?"

Mom, looked to Sinee, her natural purple hair cut into a bob cut, with a few winkles around her eyes, though she still looked dignified.

"I thought we could go to lunch…" Mom said looking around, her shoes were by the door, and a few clothes were scattered around the space. Sinee carefully moved to the threadbare couch knocking a Miner's shirt from the back of it. It was Dyoh's not hers.

"Um...ahh…" Sinee wavered a little, lunch with Mom ment free food a hard thing for a bartender to pass up. But, there was some unfinished business with a certain man in the closet.

"There's a lovely bistro downtown I thought we could go to."

"Ah...yeah...um…"

"Are you alright Sinee, you seem a little distracted."

"Oh I just woke up."

"Sleeping in till almost noon?"

"I work late."

"You should really find another job, one that pays better."

"I get by."

"But, you could be…" Her mother shook her head. "We can talk about this later."

A long sigh left Sinee thankful to have escaped another discussion about her life choices.

"Where's that green dress, you always looked good in that green dress."

"I put it away, I don't have a chance to wear it often."

"Well, maybe you can wear it to lunch…" Mom was making her way towards the bedroom and what she had hidden in there.

"Uh, I don't know mom, a lunch with you I don't know if it's really Green Dress level."

"But, you look so pretty in the green dress." Every step mom took Sinee felt her heart skip a beat.

"Um, mom, can we just go?" Mom just looked over her shoulder with a narrowed eyed gaze.

"You can't go out looking like that."

"I'll get changed then…" Sinee snapped moving to put her body between her mother and the bedroom door. "I'll change…"

"Into the green dress?"

"Sure... just can you wait…"

With a nod of her head, Mom stepped away looking around the small space. Sinee let out a breath and opened the door. In the closet she found Dyoh in nothing but what he came into the world holding up the green dress.

"Here…"

"Thanks."

"Tell her." He said, crossing his tattooed arms in front of his inked chest. "I can't keep hiding in closets."

"I will...eventually…" Dyoh let out a long breath. "I promise." With a roll of his yellow eyes he nodded his head. Sinee hung her head before looking back up. "Love you." she gave him a kiss on the cheek, "And if you could wait like 10 mins before leaving that'd be great."

"I will."

"You're the best…" She quickly got out of her shirt and pants, slightly teasing Dyoh as she got into the dress. "See you soon?" She asked now all dressed up.

"Yeah…"

"Sinee are you talking to someone in there?"

"Just myself." She gave a final smile to the man in her closet. 'Ten minutes.' she mouthed before stepping out of her bedroom with a smile. "Alright let's go."

"Wonderful, and you do look amazing in that dress." Her mother took her arm and lead her out the door. As they left Sinee looked over her shoulder to a jar on a shelf

EOD the label across it, and it was half filled with credits. It was her goal, her dream, a ticket to Carratos, and a seat at Arcadia, all stuffed into a jar on her shelf. She wasn't there yet but by the end of this season she should have it.

And with a few more free lunches from her mom...it could go a long way...

TAG: @Trieste

New CS approved by @Trieste

Name: Sinee Traivut
    Species: Pantoran
    Home World: Bakura
    Relation to Team: Super Fan
    Appearance: A little on the thin side with what most would call a pretty face, a little on the tall side giving her a gangly appearance.

Bio: Sinee is a Pirates fan through and through, she watches every game, owns a Cavanugh and Copin jersey, with a Taal shirt for good measure. These shirts get worn often and when it is game time she has a red line of paint under her right eye. She compares the stats of the teams to see how they stack up against her team.

As much of a fan as a fan could be.

The only problem, she lives on Bakura. While the Taal, and Hypertravel's relationship had shown cross team cooperation, that didn't change the rivalry between the two teams. It didn't get rid of the side-long glances she got when she walked down the street in her Copin jersey, or the embarrassed look of her boyfriend Dyoh when she cheers a Pirates goal. Though she never let that get to her. Even when it's pointed out that she's never been to Carratos, her family is not even from there, she doesn't care, the Pirates are her team. Ever since her father sat her down to watch a game, Pirates vs Miners. It was her first game, and she fell in love with the team in black and white.

Ever since then she's wanted to watch a game live, live from a seat in Arcadia Colosseum. Being out on Bakura that ticket just to get to the planet was going to cost. Cost her more than what she made at the bar she worked at in Salis'Dar. Though tips did help, and she's been socking some away for a while now, and this was her year, the final game of the season, the EOD game on Carratos. She's still a little bit off from having enough but, she's sure that by the end of the season she'll have enough.

But, there is more to life than Limmie...

I_am_Kooky, Vehn and Trieste like this.
  17. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Vehn likes this.
  18. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Sub GM Post

Bonus Potential for: Cloud City (33) Druckenwell (28), Atzerri (28), Concordia (33) and Tatooine (28)

Week 1
    Cloud City Sky Captains @ Druckenwell Marksmen (0-4)
    Atzerri Bandits @ Kamino Waves (5-2)
    Concordia Crusaders @ Tatooine Sandskimmers (0-19)

Tags: @Trieste @Vehn @galactic-vagabond422 @Bardan_Jusik

Trieste and Vehn like this.
  19. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Salis D’aar, Bakura

(I hate that such a good song is used by such a terrible institution.)​

“Hey Vienna.”

The freshman looked up from her microscope monitor. Her new life as a Tiarest undergrad had several parts. There had been moving into her shared room in the dorms, eating dining hall food, figuring out where her classes were on the pristine campus, and realizing in tandem with her peers that they finally got to make most of their own decisions.

One such decision had been to apply for on-campus jobs. Vienna intended to pursue a biology degree and had put in for lab jobs. They were mostly grunt work that even the grad students didn’t want to do, but it gave her a taste of life as a bench scientist. While she was still figuring out the work, Tiarest was a leading research university. That gave her an opportunity to work on something that could expand knowledge of life in the galaxy or improve someone’s life.

Even though Vienna had been interrupted from her work (she’d have to start counting cells over again now), she didn’t mind. Alix was one of the other undergrads working in the lab. She was a year ahead of Vienna and seemed pretty cool.

What Vienna loved was the way she said, “Hey Vienna.” It was completely normal—and that was what she loved about. Back in Gesco City, “Vienna Harlow” was the kid of important parents, a member of the Noble House of Trieste. At Tiarest, Vienna Harlow was the freshman who counted cells nobody else wanted to count.

She loved it. For the first time in her life, she felt normal.

“Yeah?”

“Are you going to the game tomorrow?” Alix asked, leaning against the lab counter.

“I hadn’t been planning on it,” Vienna admitted.

Alix rolled her eyes. “Typical freshman. You think being ranked #18 happens every day instead of this being the first time in a decade Tiarest has been good at limmie. Seriously, don’t hide out in the library. There’ll be plenty of time to study when we inevitably tumble out of the rankings. You could come with me and my friends.”

“OK, where should I meet you?” Vienna agreed.

Her labmate blinked. “Oh. Somehow I thought I was going to have to work you a lot harder than that to get you to agree.”

“Why’s that?”

“You’ve been so diligent about doing all the work that I got this impression you could care less about sports,” Alix admitted.

Vienna thought back to all the Miner games she’d been dragged to over the course of her life. Her mother insisted the family go to nearly every home game. Lately she’d had to go to podraces too since her dad’s company sponsored a team to market BRC Lightspeed and the starships they manufactured.

“What’s university for if not for making friends at limmie games?” Vienna said, sidestepping Alix’s implicit question.

Alix smiled. “You’re going to have a lot of fun here with that attitude. Cool, we can meet in front of Theta House. It’s near the stadium, can’t miss it. And if you like the gang you’d be welcome to watch the Miners with us the next day.”

“I try to limit myself to just one limmie game a week,” Vienna politely declined.

“You say that because you haven’t been to limmie brunch yet.”

“What’s that?”

“Eat breakfast food, get drunk, and watch limmie,” Alix explained.

“Can I just do the first two?” Vienna asked.

“That’s what most of us do. The limmie part is just for the ones who want to watch the Miners in the other room. Otherwise they wouldn’t show.”

“Sold.” Vienna smiled.

The next day, Vienna wore a burgundy t-shirt and cheered with Alix and her friends as Tiarest did their best on the field. Unlike when she watched a Miners game with her family, the outcome of the game seemed less important than just being there. So it was the following day when she attended limmie brunch and was only dimly aware of the periodic outbursts from the other room where beings were watching the Miners.

Vienna barely noted hearing about the “epic” win the Miners had pulled out against the Smugglers as she tried to figure out how to use a waffle iron.

Being a normal being was working out great.

TAG: @Vehn

Vehn likes this.
  20. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Guest scores post

“This is the BBC. Which stands for the Boring Broadcasting Corporation.”

“That’s not what it stands for, Trixie.”

“What does it stand for, Horst?”

“The Bodacious Bubblegum Company.”

“Cool. This is the Bodacious Bubblegum Company.”

“You’re nailing this, babe.”

“I know. I’m Trixie Penn and this is your GCAA limmie update, based on completely made up, arbitrary rankings from the Core.”

“I’m pretty sure there’s, like, science and math involved.”

“No, it’s all just an opinion trying to normalize unequal conferences and project some level of rationality onto a chaotic system, ultimately failing to do so.”

“Did you just do lawyering, honeybunch?”

“Yes.”

“I love it when you lawyer.”

“I know you do.”

“Do some more.”

“I have to do your job right now.”

“Would it help if I did my job?”

“Yes, but we know that’s not going to happen.”

“I do my job all the time.”

“…”

“Most of the time.”

“…”

“Some of the time.”

“You got locked in a broom closet on the wrong planet from where you were supposed to be.”

“I like to think of it that I got locked in a broom closet in a place I needed to be eventually.”

“Wait, did we know that happened?”

“The post that explains that hasn’t happened yet, Quill, but it happened in game time.”

“Thanks. By the way, who are you?”

“Liz.”

“Are you new here?”

“I go where I’m needed, especially when @Bardan_Jusik is away.”

“The UB Salis D’aar Obnoxious Bears lost again and were dropped to #17.”

“Your Aunt Kerry isn’t going to be happy about that.”

“The Tiarest University Burgundy also tumbled to #24.”

“Your mom isn’t going to be happy about that.”

“And the Bakura Fleet Academy Hot Shots or Something Like That fell out of the top 25 entirely.”

“Your Aunt Fiona isn’t going to be happy about that. Hey, honey?”

“Yeah, Jeremy Bearimy?”

“You have really unhappy women in your mom’s generation.”

“They should have gone to schools better at limmie if they wanted to be happy in life.”

“Good point.”

“And in other news, 58 teams won and 58 teams lost by an aggregate score of 1,643-1,356. Those teams are not ranked or formerly ranked Bakuran teams, so no one listening to this broadcast cares about them.”

“That’s true.”

“This is Trixie Penn, mic dropping like Alana Kirt in a karaoke contest.”

“Can I have some pancakes now?”

“Can’t you make your own pancakes?”

“Yes, but I broke the coffee maker yesterday when I made some.”

“How…nevermind. I don’t want to know.”

HSN Top 25 after Week Two (LW)
    2. Citadel University of Anaxes (2)
    3. Keldabe Military Institute (3)
    5. University of Tatooine (7)
    6. Imperial College of Bastion (5)
    7. Enarch Technical University (9)
    8. Brask Yashuvhi University, Csilla (10)
    9. University of Zeltros (6)
    10. University of Kuat (11)
    11. The Ord Sabaok University (8)
    12. Royal College of Hapes (15)
    13. University of Mon Calamari (13)
    14. University of Denon, Eastlake (16)
    15. Ralltiir University (18)
    16. Level 1313 Technical School (14)
    17. Consortium Technical School (19)
    18. Albanin-Baxel Defense Academy, Clantaano III (21)
    19. University of Bakura, Salis D'aar (12)
    20. University of Agamar (22)
    21. Ackbar Air Fleet College, Dac (23)
    22. University of Zeltros, Paradise (24)
    23. Duro State University (17)
    24. Tiarest University (20)
    25. University of Shili (NR)
    Dropped out: Bakura Fleet Academy

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik who will probably never trust me with this again :D

Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
    Vehn, Bardan_Jusik and jcgoble3 like this.
  21. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Sinee Traivut
    Salis D'aar

It was certainly 'lovely' the bistro Sinee's mother dragged her to. Outdoor dining, crisp clean white tablecloths, waitstaff in waistcoats and stiff shirts. It was everything her mother liked, clean bright, sophisticated. They were brought to a table by a well dressed host, well Sin guessed it would be more apt to call him a Maitre De, or something fancy like that. A basket of fresh bread and butter was left on the table, Sinee couldn't help the roll of her eyes. Where she worked mixed nuts were the only thing left on the table.

The Pack and Rook wasn't a dive by any stretch, her and the other staff kept it clean but, a pub was a pub, and too low class for her mother. Sure the table clothes were a little dulled, and some of them had stains that wouldn't come out but, at least they looked like someone ate there, enjoyed a game there.

Here everything was so sterile and uptight. She saw the business beings in the corner chatting over their cocktails and sandwiches, the well dressed ladies in the middle laughing around glasses of wine. There was no character, it just felt like one of those scenes from a holo the ones where everything was bright and cheery and nothing ever changed. It just made her feel uncomfortable.

"Do you ladies know what you would like to order?" A tall thin Zabrak in the black and white uniform asked.

"Yes I would like an Imperial Salad."

"And you ms." He said turning his attention to the younger pantoran.

"Ah…" Sinee looked through the menu again still trying to get over some of the prices. They weren't outrageous but, still more than she would want to spend. Then again this was on her mother's dime. "Um, just a roast nerf sandwich."

"Would you like it toasted?"

"Uh...no?"

"Very well."

As the waiter walked away Sinee's mother's lips were pursed.

"What?" Sinee asked knowing that look.

"Oh, nothing,"

"You have that look, what did I do wrong this time."

"Nothing dear…" A heavy silence fell across the table. "It's just that…"

"Here we go…"

"Well, roast nerf is just so greasy and I don't want it to ruin your good dress."

"Mom I'm not some messy kid anymore."

"Your apartment says otherwise."

"Oh come on, I work nights and I'm on my feet a lot so when I get home, I just want to put my feet up."

"Well, if you had a different job."

"I like my job, I get to be around people, interact with them, and serve drinks it's fun."

"But, it's just so, low paying you could be doing so much better."

"Because being the treasurer for the neighborhood council is so prestigious."

"I volunteered for that job. And at least it gives me time to pick up around the house. Your father works…"

"And he's gone half the time on trade runs to the Core. I know he loves traveling but, I like it here, I don't want to leave it." Not completely honest she did want to leave, but picking up everything and moving to Carratos was out of the question.

"Have you thought about being a teacher, or a secretary like Tabitha? You know your friend from High School."

"Yeah, the one that spilled her drink all over my datapad and ruined my homework."

"That was an accident."

"She looked me in the eyes while she did it."

"There are just other things you could be doing."

"And I like doing what I am doing, sure it doesn't pay well now, but once I get some experience I'll get promoted up to manager."

"Darling are you really sure you can manage a bar…"

"What just because I can't manage my house…"

"I'm just saying, if you're really cut out for that. Have you thought of going back to school?"

"I'm not going back. I know what I need to...not that I could afford it anyway." Sinee looked to the side, crossing her arms.

"It doesn't have to be a full degree, a certificate, or a two year course…"

"That's still too much. I get by, I have regulars, and I get tipped well."

"I only want what's best for you."

"I know," Sinee let out a long sigh, "I know mom, I'm fine really…"

They were quiet again their food arriving soon after.

"Are you seeing anyone?" Mom asked, not a hint of incrimination in her voice.

"Why do you ask?" Sinee shot back already on the defensive.

"I just, you know, I want to know about you. It feels like we never talk."

"N...no...I'm not seeing anyone…"

"Well, It's just that I saw that Tabitha…"

"Mom,"

"She's getting married to a lovely boy, a lawyer at the firm she works for."

"I'm not Tabitha mom, I have a soul."

"Come now, you weren't an angel in high school either."

"I didn't ruin someone's semester grade for no reason."

"But you did insult a teacher to her face."

"She was being a jerk someone had to call her out on it."

"Just saying you should be careful throwing stones."

"I'd throw stones at Tabitha…"

"Sinee,"

Sin took a bite of her sandwich being careful not to get the grease on her dress. Though it was tempting to give her an out of this interminable conversation.

"Do you remember Ms. Tyvan, she's in my book club."

"I don't keep up with your friends mom."

"Well, her son is…"

"Mom stop…"

"He's an accountant at a Starship company…"

"Really riveting mom."

"He's single and I think you two would."

"No you are not setting me up on a date with one of your friend's kids."

"I just think it would be good for you to get out a little more. You know meet people."

"You mean people that aren't bar patrons."

"I didn't say that…"

"It was in your tone."

"I'm sorry for caring about you and wanting you to be happy."

"I know you do mom, just can you let me be me ok?"

"You know you'll always be my little girl. I just…"

"I know...I know mom...But I'm grown up now."

"24 is not grown up."

"I'm out on my own, I have a job, I drink, I have a life. I'm as grown up as I can be."

"You still have a long way to go."

"But, I can't do that if you keep trying to push me down the path you want. I'm sorry I'm not a clone of you."

"I never wanted you to be a clone of me. I just want you to make the best choice for you, and your future."

Sinee took another bite, filling her mouth with food before she continued speaking and said something she'd regret. At least the food was good, and free.

"You do look lovely in that dress." Her mother added picking at her salad. "You think you could wear it next week?"

"What's happening next week?"

"Well, I thought that we could make this a weekly thing, you and me having lunch."

Sin left out a huff looking away. She questioned if the free food was worth the all expenses paid guilt trip she would be sent on.

"I'm sorry...I didn't mean to make you upset." Her mother said reaching out a hand. "I just I let my want to take care of you take over. I love you."

"I love you too mom." She took her mother's hand. "We can do this again next week." It was free food, and she did love her mom, and maybe she got the guilt trip out of her.

"Great," the rest of the lunch passed by quietly if a little tense. Though the argument had been had. Now they could just enjoy their meal.

Next Week

It was a rough week, after the lunch with her mom, the Pirates had to go and lose their first game of the season, they even had Iris Copin back and they still lost. It was heartbreaking to watch but, she had to take solace in the fact it was just the first game of the season. And now she had to have another lunch with her mother. Hopefully they would just eat in silence and nothing would happen.

That was when she got a message.

Running late dear, I've already made reservations at the bistro just give them my name. Love you see you soon.

Sinee furrowed her brow. It wasn't like her mother to be late for anything. She could remember being hustled out the door half an hour before events so they could be there early. Though either way she was sure her mom would be there by the time Sin got there.

Once again she put on the green dress and headed out.

The place was much the same, the same waiters, same business beings in the corner, same laughter from the well dressed ladies. The host brought her to the same table but, there was no one else there. The young woman furrowed her brow. She was sure her mother would be here.

It was a few moments of waiting before a person stepped to the table.

"Excuse me?"

Her head snapped up to see a human man in a good but not expensive suit, handsome clean cut features and styled hair.

"No...she didn't…" Sin said shaking her head in disbelief.

TAG: No one

I_am_Kooky, Vehn and Trieste like this.
  22. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Vehn likes this.
  23. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Salis D’aar, Bakura

It had required considerably more persuasion by Alix to convince Vienna to join the limmie brunch gang for a night at one of the clubs in the Bakuran capital.

“Clubbing just doesn’t sound fun. Pounding music, sweaty bodies, everyone pressed together, overpriced drinks?” Vienna grimaced to punctuate her point.

“Odyssey is different,” Alix said. “It’s a dance club.”

“Not hearing a difference,” Vienna said, turning back to her microscope.

“Clubbing is about getting trashed. Going to a dance club is about dancing.” Alix leaned next to Vienna at the bench. “What happened to trying new things at university?”

“I don’t know how to dance, that’s what happened.” Vienna didn’t look away from her work.

“You’ll be fine. I can tell from the way you walk. You’ll probably only need to watch once and have it down,” Alix said.

Vienna turned away from the microscope. “What do you mean ‘watch once’?” she asked warily.

Dancing, as Vienna had experienced it, was moving your body in whatever method and direction fit the music in your mind. That’s what she’d experienced at the few dances she’d attended (most notably the one following Corrine’s investiture as chume’da that the young woman of the hour had declared to be “royal prom”).

It turned out that Alix enjoyed a dance subculture that was less about gyrating however seemed right and more about the group flow. It was sort of line dancing, except it kind of wasn’t. A few people would start something and others would float in, some would float out. New groups would form and then they would merge and then they would separate. Vienna couldn’t quite explain what was going on, but it made sense. There was harmony and yet individuality.

When Vienna was finally pulled onto the floor by Alix and her friends, it didn’t take too many wrong steps before she fell into the flow. The straight legs of her linen slacks swooshed as she moved up and back as the sleeves of her shirt fluttered in a breeze of her own making. Her long straight hair flew in and out of her eyes. This wasn’t the urgent, collegiate neediness she’d imagined when she thought of Tiarest students at a club; this was beautiful interconnectedness.

“Told you you’d be a natural,” Alix said with a smile as she and Vienna stepped to the right in sync with each other, punctuating it with a clap.

Vienna just smiled in response. She didn’t want to admit Alix was right, even though she was happy she was.

Vienna didn’t know what time it was when they left to head back to campus, laughing over a fun night it had been.

The use of the past tense began the moment the first flash went off.

Instinctually, Vienna turned her head away from the camera, floating in the air above the sidewalk above Odyssey’s entrance. It was minded by a tabloid reporter. “Have fun tonight ladies?”

“You know it!” one of the women in the group said, mugging for the camera. “Front page tomorrow?”

“Maybe maybe,” the reporter said. “Anyone I ought to chat with in there?”

“What, not interested in us?” someone else replied. Vienna tried to move unobtrusively behind the group as the droid took more holos. Thankfully their speeder was waiting for them. She headed for their transport, eager to get on their way soon.

“Of course I am!” the reporter protested. “Always a good night when I see you.”

“Yeah yeah,” Alix said pleasantly before sliding into the speeder next to Vienna. Soon enough they were all inside and on their way.

“What was that?” Vienna asked.

“There’s always some reporter from the gossip pages hanging around the popular clubs, trying to catch someone famous coming out to sell some generic story about You won’t believe who was partying last night,” Alix said. She shrugged. “If they’re going to accost us like that, we might as well have some fun with it.”

The last thing Vienna needed was some decicred reporter realizing who she was. It could cause her new friends to look at her differently. Like she was a Trieste. “Fun” was definitely not how she’d classify the experience.

“I just want royalties if someone’s going to take my holo,” Vienna said, playing it off for laughs.

“Are you sure you’re a bio major and not pre-law?” one of the women asked.

“I’ve got a couple attorneys in my extended family. Must have rubbed off,” Vienna shrugged with a smile.

“Looked more like you had some dance majors in your family with the way you moved out there!” someone else said gleefully.

Vienna decided not to mention she was also related to the next best thing: professional athletes.

The next morning, Vienna breezed through some of the worst offenders when it came to gossip news on Bakura. Thankfully, most of them were preoccupied with the Miners’ abysmal defense (which hadn’t been so lucky to be bailed out by the offense this week). Her picture wasn’t anywhere to be found.

She breathed a sigh of relief. Even so, Vienna knew she’d have to be more careful next time.

TAG: @The Jedi in the Pumas

jcgoble3 and Vehn like this.
  24. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

IC: The Rancor Pitt

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! From downtown Keldabe, on a sunny and warm Victory afternooooon. Welcome on into the Rancor Pitt, here on your wave home of the reigning Galactic Cup Champion Mando'ade Mercs. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz over on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh baby do we have a lot to talk about today."

"That's two!"

"Two it is, two weeks into the season and two wins for the Mercs as once again their new look offense took over the game and carried the Mercs to another victory, this one 28 to 12, over the Starkillers..."

"Just a week after putting up 38 on them."

"Yeah Starkillers have to be about as sick of the Mercs as I am of the Gangbusters, we've faced them three times in a row now dating back to last season's Galactic Cup Finals."

"Hey last season started with us playing the Gangbusters twice in a row which rounded out a stretch of playin g them five times in a row including the end of the previous and playoffs, now the Mercs start this year once again playing a team multiple times in a row."

"Schedule makers seem to have a thing for doing that to the Mercs."

"Well Mercs will have a reprieve from the Starkillers for awhile now as they take on the Pirates next week..."

"Who I still hate."

"...before taking on the Miners in back to back weeks."

"Schedule makers just can't help themselves."

"I'd say it's laziness, but have you ever tried to put together a schedule?"

"Well...no."

"It's harder than it looks, and now with just six teams in the league, all playing each other twice a season and you're bound to have some home and home series during the course of the regular season."

"Can't really fault schedule makers for playoff games played during such a stretch either, that's just blind luck."

"Especially when the scores are generated at random."

"Still, I am sure the Starkillers are glad t be done with the Mercs for awhile."

"Bring on the Pirates."

Trieste likes this.
  25. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    OOC: Still a couple more tournaments here for us to deal with, so more early college limmie scores for you all!

"Nearly half way through the college bolo ball regular season and still not a lot of movement apparent there at the top of the rankings as you have to go all the way down to number 11 Ord Sabaok..."

"The...I know they lost but it's still The Ord Sabaok University."

"...to find the top team that lost this week."

"That was a bad one, puts them on the bubble."

"Plenty of time to make up for it."

"While Level 1313 Tech's loss should put them on the outside looking in now."

"Not sure they have it this season."

"Albanin-Baxel Defense Academy, Clantaano III is the team to watch."

"And in SEC play Concord War College's big win might see the Dawn Treaders break into the top 25 for the first time this season."

"Coach Er'May has those kids motivated."

HSN Top 25 after Week Three (LW)

2. Citadel University of Anaxes (2)
    3. Keldabe Military Institute (3)
    5. University of Tatooine (5)
    6. Imperial College of Bastion (6)
    7. Enarch Technical University (7)
    8. Brask Yashuvhi University, Csilla (8)
    9. University of Zeltros (9)
    10. University of Kuat (10)
    11. Royal College of Hapes (12)
    12. Ralltiir University (15)
    13. University of Mon Calamari (13)
    14. University of Denon, Eastlake (14)
    15. The Ord Sabaok University (11)
    16. Consortium Technical School (17)
    17. Albanin-Baxel Defense Academy, Clantaano III (18)
    18. University of Zeltros, Paradise (22)
    19. Level 1313 Technical School (16)
    20. Ackbar Air Fleet College, Dac (21)
    21. University of Agamar (20)
    22. Concord War College (NR)
    23. University of Bakura, Salis D'aar (19)
    24. Duro State University (23)
    25. Bilbringi University (NR)

Dropped out: Tiarest University, University of Shili

Trieste likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.