main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Victoria. BC 'ello

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Lukaynin, Jun 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lukaynin

Lukaynin Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2005
    Hey, I'm new here, if you didn't guess that already :p . I'm just a local SW's fan, interested in meet other fans. I'm 16, female, and of course I live in Vic.
    As interesting as I may seem...I've got a few questions for you knowledgeable ones.
    So, how does the whole ranking thing work? And how often do you guys meet up?

I think that's it, for now anyway.

-Luka

2. Dango

Dango Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    Ranking? I dont go to meetings, I'm 17. But welcome to the boards.

3. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    Welcome to the boards Lukaynin!!!

Just FYI, don't get discouraged/scared by us Edmontonians's apparent lack of kindness... we are currently in the process of "assimilating" this board, and making it our "new" board, but that doesn't mean that the Victory Basers aren't allowed to post... ;)

It's all in good fun, and we don't mean anything negative by it... we are just giving our friends from Victoria a hard time... ;)

4. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    "all in good fun"?! You promised me there'd be blood-shed, Indy! You lied to me! Arrrrrgggghhhhh! :mad: :p

5. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Guys, back off the Noob, this is an inappropriate place for it. :)

Hiya Lukaynin. I'm Derisa, the current comms officer for the group. Ranks... we don't really have 'em. If you do a job for the club, you eventually get called that or titled that if it's an important enough job.

We are a very loosely affiliated group, and will be having a meeting very soon to discuss a variety of things. This meeting will be in a public location, or a restaurant that tolerates our loud group (fans can be enthusiastic!) when only a couple of people buy a meal. :)

Keep checking is board for more info, or if you feel comfortanble doing so, you can PM me your email address and I'll add you to our mailing list, where I try to give folks plenty of notice of upcoming meetings or events.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask them here, and we'll do our best to answer them, and if you need any guidance of how to navigate these forums, I'm on every day pretty much and can help. :) I've been around a while. :)

Take care, and hope to meet ya soon!

*Derisa*

6. Lukaynin

Lukaynin Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2005
    Hehe, thanks for the "welcomes" :p . I'm interested in coming to the June meeting, but just out out of curiousity, what are the meetings like? What do you do/talk about...and such?

7. Alakin_Marshwalker

Alakin_Marshwalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    Pretty relaxed and casual. We usually have to strong arm certain people into staying on topic so pretty easy going.

8. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    Make sure you ask Derisa and Rani to sing you a song... they have beautiful voices! :)

9. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    We talk about all kinds of things. The movies, the books, the games, the fun, what we wanna do this summer, the big camping trip that's being planned, upcoming cons or memories from previous cons... everything under the sun. :)

I do hope you can make it: it's always cool to meet fellow fans. :)

*Derisa*

10. Lukaynin

Lukaynin Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2005
    Sounds like fun :) . I'll do my best to come to the June meeting.

11. haruwindsong

haruwindsong Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    June meeting? Did I miss something?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.