main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Embers of a Dying Age: The Sabe Mabriee Saga (sequel to Oath)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Amidolee, Jun 29, 2000.

1. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    I haven't seen that movie in such a long time.... I should rent it again sometime soon.

Hey, a couple of questions: This holds in the assumption that all of the USJS and 'Loving You From Afar' took place, right? Yeesh, I'd hate to think what's going to happen when/if Obi-Wan comes home.....

2. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    This takes off the spin from "Afar". And all of the USJS before the, er, conflict.

I've got plans for them. I COULD have done Obi-torture were they both gain up on him, tie him to a pole, strip him down, and tickle him with feathers! That, my friends, is true torture. ;p

3. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Jedi Master Mara Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    NNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Now I have "The Song (Post) That Never Ends" *and* the dink-dink song in my head!

Spaceballs? Never seen it. What *is* it? :confused: (no smilies!) Love the quotes, though!

--------------------------------------------------

I can't breathe in this thing!

--------------------------------------------------

Lovely post, m'dear...but I kept expecting a cat-fight between Sabe and Cali-Ana! =)

4. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    YOU HAVEN'T SEEN SPACEBALLS????? :eek: :eek:
    That's so sad . . .

Spaceballs is a spin-off from Star Wars with mention of star trek that Mel Brooks created. It's even BETTER than SW *ducks flying tomatoes. Except for the fight scenes, NOTHING can beat Duel of Fates (prove us wrong GL and give Obi a kick-a$$ duel in the next 2)

Darth Vader=Dark Helment (overly huge helment, Rick Moranis wears thick rimm glasses)

Yoda=Yogurt (Mel Brooks, merchandising troll with the Schwartz)

Palpy=Pres. Sckrew (also Mel, typical president)

Luke/Han Solo=Lonestar

Chewbacca=Barf (John Candy, a Mog, half man, half dog)

And a fodder load of others!!! It's one of the greatest spoofs ever made!!!

5. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    (Wasn't the President's name Skroog? Actually though, Sckrew's pretty accurate...)
    Princess Vespa= Princess Leia
    Pizza the Hut= Jabba the Hutt
    Jawas= Dinks
    Dot Matrix= Threepio/Artoo
    And a couple of smaller officers called Colonel Sanderz and Major @$$hole. ;-)

I only managed to catch about two thirds of the movie-- it was on cable and Star Trek II (gah, yes I'm a Trek fan! sue me! :)) was on another channel. I loved it-- but IMO, it's not anywhere near better than SW. I loved the duel though, where the Schwartz sabers got all squiggledy and twisted together. ;) My sis and I were singing along with the ending song, snickering and LOAO. :) 'We're the Spaceballs...'

----------
    Spaceball troop guy: What are you trying to do?
    Lone Starr: A Vulcan nerve pinch.
    Troop: Oh, you don't do it *there*, that's too high! You do it at the joint of the neck and shoulder!
    Lone Starr: Thanks. *hacks guy's shoulder and the guy goes down cold*
    ----------

Okay, I'm through now. A fine mess I got started here, eh? Good story post, Ami. :) Personally, I'm rather curious as to how Obi would react to such a situation as has been set up with Cali and Sabé... ;)

6. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    DH: Who's in command? ( or something like that)
    MAJORA-HOlE: Major A$$-Hole, sir!
    DH: What?
    MA: (something about first-class double major a$$hole.
    DH: How many other a$$holes are aboard this ship.
    (A bunch of guys stand up and salute) YO!
    DH: I knew it! I"m surrounded by a$$holes! (helment goes down) Fire, a$$holes!!

--------

That scene always has me rolling. Obi, if he knew that Cali had dropped by to have tea with the wifey--he'd probably beg the Council for another mission. Ot begin his sabatical to Tatooine a little early. But neither women know of their connection yet.

Do you want more posts, or wonder until tomorrow???

7. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Should I have Snotty beam you down, Sir?

Oh, I don't know about that beaming stuff. Is it safe?

Oh, yes, Sir. Snotty beamed be twice last night. It was WONDERFUL.

Oh, all right. What the hell, it worked on Star Trek!

-----
    Hehe, my mom's a trekkie, so I was a fan before i found star wars!

Watchin' in right now!!! Hehehe . . .

8. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Blast, I'm watching Spaceballs and can't stop with the funny quotes:

Vespa: I am Princess Vespa! Daughter of Roland, King of the Dru-ids!
    LS: Ahh, that's all we need! A Druish princess!
    Barf: Funny, she doesn't look Druish!

9. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000

Cali-Ana followed Sabe down the incredible marble hallway from the Reception Room. She had met Queen Amidala of the Naboo, who seemed distracted but clear of what she didn?t want to happen if Naboo became a setting for a drama. Cali-Ana understood and agreed. The Queen was young, probably almost ten years younger than herself, but very poised and concerned. Cali also picked up a sense that the woman wished to be free of proper etiquette and actually acted through many hour of her service.

Now, Sabe Mabriee was a curious matter. She was Force-sensitive and had some control over her powers. She definitely wasn?t nearly as powerful as Cali was, but her calm with it was quite incredible. Her movements were smooth and graceful, but spoke of a hidden strength. She saw many things when she appeared to be dozing or bored, and her sense of people was most intriguing. She was proud of her status, and Cali suspected there was more to it than just being a beckon-call for the Queen.

A cloaked figure came hurrying down the hall, clearly trying to pace herself. Her thoughts ran off her easily and Cali brought the Force in so she wouldn?t read. The woman wore a crimson robe and hood like Sabe, but her manner was somewhat less controlled.

?Hi, Kyly,? Sabe greeted, smiling at the handmaiden. ?Where?s the wampa attack??

The handmaiden blushed beneath her hood. ?Oh?no attack. I was looking for you.? She turned to Cali-Ana. ?You must be the actress from Alderaan.?

?Cali-Ana Angli,? the woman said, sticking out her hand.

The handmaiden?s mouth dropped open. ?I knew I recognized you! Your screen name is Ana Ilgna, is it not??

?Correct.?

Kyly grinned and shook her hand. ?Omigosh!?

Cali tried not to groan. Just what she needed: a fan to follow her during her stay.

?I?m sorry about that,? Kyly blushed. ?It just took me by surprise. Welcome to Theed.? Then she hurried on by, muttering something about sky walkers and weddings.

Sabe laughed and shook her head. ?I?m sorry about that, Cali-Ana. Kyly is our youngest handmaiden, and she can be excitable.?

?Is she getting married?? Cali asked.

The handmaiden smiled again. ?Oh, no, not her. I think her last beau got tired of keeping up with her chatter. No, the Queen is to wed.?

?Oh,? Cali said. She followed Sabe through the palace and down a gracious staircase. They came to a less decorative wing. ?Where are we going??

Sabe paused and smiled. ?I am curious, Cali-Ana. Did you ever learn swordplay??

Cali almost laughed. Lightsabers were close to swords. ?It?s been awhile.?

?This is our combat room. While Naboo are peaceful, we are still taught the finer arts of self-defense. I have become rather fond of the sword.?

?Is this a challenge??

The younger woman smiled. ?Are you accepting??

?I?m game,? Cali said.

Sabe accessed the wide door and stepped in. She crossed the vast chamber to the row of lockers on the end. She pulled out two combat suits and tossed one towards Cali. ?Change into this. It?s new and clean.? Then she shed her robe, revealing her own suit underneath. While Cali changed, she headed to the weapons rack, withdrawing two swords of an ancient make.

Cali accepted hers and tried the hilt out in her hand. ?I?m used to two hands.?

?Like a lightsaber?? Sabe asked, the curious tone back in her voice.

?Yeah, a lightsaber,? Cali said. ?Those things can sting, even at the low setting.?

The handmaiden frowned at her. ?You?ve fought with one??

Strangely, Cali didn?t feel the need to cover up her blunder. ?Yes. Several times.? Sabe waited for an explanation. ?When I was almost sixteen, there was this exchange student sort of thing at the Jedi Temple. Crazy Master Yoda?s idea. Yoda?s??

?I know who Yoda is,? Sabe said, an almost-smirk on her lips.

Cali frowned, then went on. Had Sabe been at the exchange? It would make sense, except that she would have figured it out awhile ago. ?Advanced Padawans were sent out to Coruscant public scho

10. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Grrr . . . this must be Darth Server's apprentice we're dealing with here!!! :mad frownie:

Stupid thing wouldn't let me post earlier. Let's see if it will now . . .

11. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Nov 8, 1999
    Ha HA!

I knew it! I just *knew* that Sabe and Cali were going to have a cat fight! =)

Whoever said Sabe would kick her rear end was right too... (was that you, A21? You found the same thread as me yet again?)

I love the Spaceballs quotes! Now I *really* need to see the movie!

12. jeditictac

jeditictac Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 1999
    ohhhh wonderous new posts! can't wait for more. you have me so hooked on this story!

13. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    You HAVE to see Spaceballs! SW fans can appreciate it on a whole other level. It's simply THE greatest spoof. Well, if you don't take into account Scary Movie . . . I have to see that!

Now, Lonestar, you realized have learned that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

Thank you for pushing the Self-Destruct button. This ship will self-destruct in precisely three minutes.

This ship will self-destruct in exactly ten seconds. This is your last chance to push the cancellation button.

10, 9, 8, 6--
    Hey! What happened to 7?
    Just kidding!
    7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
    Have a nice day!

14. JediFinrod

JediFinrod Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 4, 2000
    "evil will always triumph, because good is dumb."

My favorite line! My favorite line!!!

Actually though, I think Young Frankenstein is funnier.

"Rrrrrrrolllllllllll, rrrrrroollllllllllll, rrrrrrrooooollll in zee hay!!!"

15. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    Sheesh, I come here, thinking that maybe Amidolee posted more, but no (*belabored sigh*) it's just comments.... oh well, I'll survive. I suppose.

16. light_sabe_r

light_sabe_r Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    I know how you feel Musical.

More soon?

Please?

17. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    I love all these quotes! And thanks so much for posting the 'good is dumb' quote; like Finrod that's probably my favorite quote in the whole movie! :-D I actually think I may have found my perfect signature. But I have to admit I agree, I much prefer finding new story posts instead. :)

I did say that, JMMJ, and I firmly stand by my position. Sabe kicks @ss. :) (We always seem to be stumbling into each other somehow...)

18. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Okay, LONG post today!!! :)

Chapter Four

The scarlet walls seemed to glow a faint purple hue in the waning light. The extrinsic statues cast frightening shadows over the plush carpet. Chancellor Palpatine studied the exotic art, relishing in the twisted agony on the face of the black stone. His plan was falling into place. The long years of waiting and bidding his time would finally be ending. His blood boiled with renewed energy at the prospect of the power that would be settling inside him.

The Outbound Flight: a perfect way to dispose of six Jedi Masters. The bounty hunters would cause a distraction for the Jedi to deal with while the real threat came through. Palpatine smiled. What they revered would destroy them.

@ @ @
    @ @ @

Cali-Ana awoke to luxury. She was used to staying in fine hotels, but Theed Palace was not some random boarding house. The guest suite she was staying in was tastefully decorated without being redundant. The dark wood paneling was sculpted and hand crafted. It had a homey feel to it, while still keeping its elegance. She decided that she liked it very much.

Getting out if the wide and feather-soft bed, Cali found her travel case and quickly dressed. She wore a blue wrap dress. It was one of her favorites, one of the few dresses she actually wore. Then she braided her hair back in a simple fashion, unlike the complicated and flattering styles she used when on Alderaan or attending opening night of one of her plays.

A platter of fruit had been delivered earlier and kept fresh. Cali chose a red, rich-looking fruit and bit into it. It was crisp and fresh. She was finishing the fruit up when she heard the door chime. She crossed the suite to answer it. The door hissed open and Sabe stood in the entryway.

?Hello, Sabe,? Cali greeted cheerfully. ?Come on in.?

Sabe followed her in. The handmaiden was gowned in a light, green robe. Her hood was down, revealing a simple brown braid that wound around her head before falling behind her neck. The dress was a very pretty green, starting dark at the hood and fading to almost white at the hem. A jade green sash fastened around her slim waist.

?Green looks good on you,? Cali commented. ?I love that dress.?

Sabe smiled modestly. ?Blue looks good on you.? The handmaiden glanced around, hands clasped behind her back. She raised an eyebrow at Cali-Ana. ?You ready to see the sights? Late this afternoon you?re going to meet some Gungans.?

?I?m ready,? Cali said cheerfully. She grabbed the small purse satchel the could be tucked within the folds of her skirt.

Sabe led her out of the palace. Cali caught sight of the Queen and a dark skinned man before they exited through a side garden. Sabe chatted easily, explaining in some detail about certain statues or plants. Cali listened and asked questions here and there. The handmaiden began walking away from the palace and into the wide anteway before the palace. The colorful architecture and people amazed the actress. The Naboo were walking on the streets, very few in speeders. All of the citizens were in elegant clothing and robes.

A little blonde boy in maroon trousers came racing by. Cali stared, as if seeing a ghost. Sabe didn?t notice and simply laughed as his pursuer caught the boy: a redhead girl in braids and a pink dress. ?Aren?t children the most remarkable creatures?? Sabe asked.

?Yes,? Cali said, her tone strained.
    Sabe felt the woman?s shields go up and it piqued her curiosity. There was something more to this Cali-Ana Angli than a successful actress. The handmaiden looked back at the playing children, feeling her own heart ache dully. She would never get the chance to see her own causing mischief. And what mischief would a Jedi?s child cause? Sabe thought, smiling a bit. More than I could imagine. Sabe brightened a bit. ?Today is a market day for the farmers and merchants. I?m going to introduce to one of the most colorful men I have ever met.?

Sabe stepped off the main way and came to s

19. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Just bumping it up because a lot of the readers don't come till later. I guess I shouldn't post so early. Sigh.

20. JediFinrod

Mar 4, 2000
    Arrrggghhh!!! How dare you leave off there! Oh, the stress! And let me guess, you're probably not in one of your posting moods??? That would be just my luck!

21. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Okay, okay, Finrod, relax!!

Chapter Five

Sabe nearly choked. Obi-Wan had a son?! And not hers! He had never told her! The world seemed to spin and she gripped the stone wall, digging her nails into the rock. No, no, this wasn?t right. This woman was mistaken, was crazy! Obi-Wan had never her told her, so the woman was lying! Yes, that was the explanation. Cali-Ana was just trying to get him in trouble! She was jealous! Yes, that was it!?

?Sabe? Sabe, are you all right?? Cali asked, touching the younger woman?s shoulder.

The handmaiden snapped her head. ?You?re lying!? she cried.

The actress shook her head, stunned. ?I would never lie about Obi-Wan or Ben. What?s the matter??

Sabe felt her entire body trembling. She gripped her stomach and leaned against the stone wall. ?I don?t believe this. He never told me about you or Ben,? she whispered. ?Never. Gods.? Closing her eyes, she tried to will her shock away. ?Cali-Ana. My child. Is Obi-Wan?s. We are married.?

She opened her eyes to see Cali-Ana?s shocked face, the blue eyes disbelieving. ?Oh, gods, I didn?t know . . .? Then her eyes cleared with satisfaction and resolve. ?I am glad. I worried he wouldn?t move on.?

Sabe stared at her. ?Move on from what? What happened between you? I can?t believe he never told me! Sith, I could strangle him!? Her anger was beginning to boil. She clenched her fists to her sides and gritted her teeth.

?We should sit down,? Cali said, taking her elbow and gently leading the younger woman to the bench. Sabe looked at her numbly. Cali bit her lip and ran her tongue along her teeth. Then she smiled slightly. ?This is a day for surprises, isn?t it?? When Sabe didn?t respond, she moved on. ?This happened like eighteen years ago, okay? When I was at the Temple for that exchange thing, I was an angry little brat. My first day in the Temple I went around in a real suggestive outfit and an attitude that could make this stone crumble.

?I was stomping through one of those maze halls and not looking where I was going.? Cali smiled slightly. ?I smacked straight into him. He was sturdy little guy. Hurt quite bit. Well, I wouldn?t say it was love at first sight. I chewed him out and insulted the Jedi Order. But he helped me find my Master anyway. Probably thought I was the strangest thing on Coruscant at the time.

?Anyway, I was angry at him for some time, I?m not sure why. He was always nice and had this sweet sense of dry humor about him.?

Sabe smiled slightly at that.

?After a mishap with the Force, I decided to trash my attitude and enjoy myself. Obi-Wan and I became friends, everyone else hinting that we were more. We did become more than friends.? Cali paused, her eyes distant and looking off at the past. Sabe felt her stomach tightening again. ?I went through a rough time with the death of a friend. Obi-Wan was always there to support me. I loved him. Although it was against the Temple codes, we did express our love to each other. A week later I ran away because I was pregnant.?

Sabe watched as Cali-Ana?s eyes misted. ?I didn?t tell him why I ran away. Ruj, my Master, found me. He didn?t tell anyone where I was, but he would check up on me. I was a waitress for awhile. Then I got an offer on Alderaan. Became and actress and eventually wrote a screenplay.

?When Ben was five, Obi-Wan showed up on Alderaan. I guess he and Qui-Gon were taking a sabbatical. He found me. I told him about Ben. I swear, that man was so wonderful with him. Ben was crazy about him. Then Ben got sick again. He died and Obi-Wan kept me from going insane. But I pushed him away, Sabe. I told him that I couldn?t see him again and that I couldn?t love him anymore.?

Cali-Ana was crying now, her cheeks glistening from tears. Sabe found her own eyes misting as the pain rolled off the other. She reached out and wrapped the weeping woman in a hug. To lose a son. Sabe could not imagine how she would feel if h

22. JediFinrod

Mar 4, 2000
    "Sabe wondered how she would react when she saw him again."

Ya know, I was wondering the same thing. Maybe a cat-dog fight is what we should be worrying about! ;)

Thanks, Amidolee! I'm okay now! That was really good timing. Right before I have to leave for piano lessons!

23. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Nov 8, 1999
    :stands there with her mouth hanging open:

Sheezie! I knew I should've kept up with the USJS! Now if I try to read 'em, I'll have to wade through about 14 threads...

That was so cool, Amidolee!

:begs for the next post:

24. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    MORE MORE MORE MORE!

25. Mr. P

Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 1, 2000
    I couldn't keep up with the USJS, either. It was good up to the point when I lost it...they started jumping threads, and I couldn't tell which one was the REAL USJS.

--MR. P