main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Embers of a Dying Age: The Sabe Mabriee Saga (sequel to Oath)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Amidolee, Jun 29, 2000.

1. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Jedi Master Mara Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    :imagine a big, big, smilie:

Sache is so funny! Hehe!

Okay, what I *tried* to post yesterday...

--------------------------------------------------

I have a bad feeling about this...

--------------------------------------------------

This mission is BAD news. You'd better not let either of them die, Amidolee! :mad:

My guess: I think Anakin's going to betray Obi-Wan, and Obi's going to get hurt badly in the process. =( Just an idea...

2. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    I might post again today, but I'm going to be working on my new fanfic website. If you want your story archived, you may e-mail me at amidolee@juno.com or visit my site at www.angelfire.com/ia2/amidoleefanfic. It's really new and there's not much yet.

@ @ @
    @ @ @

?Sabe! Get up!?

The handmaiden opened her eyes, blinking as someone nudged her. She sat up, surprised to find herself in her bed, dressed in her night robe. Amidala stopped nudging her, her white painted face beaming, her usually articulate lips smudged and pink. Sabe sat up, frowning at the Queen. ?What??

Amidala pressed her lips together in a futile attempt to hold in her excitement. ?You?ll never what believe just happened!?

?What? The Jedi finally decided they didn?t need to whisk Obi-Wan away and I get to retire early??

The Queen laughed, eyes sparkling. ?No, no, silly! Although . . . nah, forget it.? Amidala bit her lip, flashing her white teeth. ?I?m getting married!?

Sabe rolled her eyes. ?Yes, I know. You?re engaged. Congratulations.?

Amidala shook her head. ?No. Seriously. Like soon. A month maybe.?

?A month?? Sabe looked at the younger woman closely. ?Anakin?s a Knight> Obi-Wan didn?t say anything about that.?

The Queen sobered slightly. ?No, Ani?s not a Knight yet. But we want to be married soon, and he thinks that they Jedi are going to hold him back some.? She brightened again. ?In a month, Sabe, I will no longer be simply Amidala of the Naboo. I?ll me Amidala Skywalker of the Naboo! Wife of Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker!?

Sabe raised an eyebrow at the giddy Queen. ?Yes, and right now you are Amidala with the Smeared Lipstick and Wrinkled Gown.?

?And you are Sabe Kenobi Still In Bed,? Amidala replied, grabbing her arm and hauling Sabe up and out of the bed. ?You?re shirking, missy.?

?It?s my day off,? Sabe protested. ?You know how I get when Obi-Wan returns. Especially after a fight.?

?Oh, that?s right,? Amidala cried. ?I forgot to ask about that whole child thing! Was that actress just crazy or what happened??

Sabe tried not to flinch at the other?s exclamation. ?Oh . . . it?s nothing that concerns me or anyone else. Obi-Wan and I are better off than before,? she smiled, thinking back to the night before when they had made up.

Amidala laughed at her, raising an eyebrow at the large bed. ?I won?t press. Anyway, I think you better get up and moving. Palpatine will be arriving in a few days and we need to make all the arrangements.?

?He?s coming?? Sabe frowned. She began rummaging through her wardrobe for her blue handmaiden cloak. ?Why??

?To pay his compliments,? Amidala shrugged. ?And I suppose he wants to ensure that cylinders are indeed intact.?

Sabe scowled as she dressed. ?This whole cloning thing makes me uneasy. I don?t like it. They should be destroyed. You didn?t tell him about the moves, did you??

?No,? Amidala said. ?And I still won?t. I don?t care if he?s the chancellor or not, those cylinders were put on Naboo for utmost secrecy, and by the gods it will remain that way.?

3. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    see??? (won't frop the issue)

You're stories been out what, a few weeks? Mine (Mimicking a Princess) has been out for about 3 months and a week, and it finaly got it's 101th post!!!!!

[face_sigh]

How I envy you sometimes

p.s. POST!

(A21, I liked your old signature better)

4. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    Really, Miana? Sorry; I just *really* love Melrose Naboo; and having the same siggy for more than a week just seemed like a long time. :D

5. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Yeah, oh well... oh..

POST!

6. light_sabe_r

light_sabe_r Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    More soon?

7. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Nov 8, 1999
    Up for the return of Amidolee!

(Is she back today? Smeggers, I can't keep track of these people!)

Just rabidly hoping for more~I'm beginning to suffer from O/S deprivation.

8. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    It's nice to come home to new posts in the stories I read. Have a great time, Amidolee, and post soon when you return!

9. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    "Give us more! Give us More! Does Obi get in a fight?"

"Give us more! Give us more! Does he punch out some lights?"

POST!

10. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Wow, mesa happy someone bumped this up!!!! :) ::huge smiley chain::

Sabe stood silently to the right of Queen Amidala as the Republic shuttle descended. She glanced over to her left, where the two Jedi waited with the Queen?s entourage. Chancellor Palpatine had arrived. It had been a busy and confusing week for Sabe. She and Obi-Wan had only moments alone, both focused on separate tasks. With the wedding due in a few weeks, the handmaidens were harassed by arrangements and all of the horror that came along with weddings. Obi-Wan and Anakin had been gone most of the week, taking an extensive training session in the hills. The Jedi Knight had come back relieved that Anakin seemed to be returning to himself.

The shuttle?s ramp descended and the Senate Guards filed out. Palpatine then descended, not pausing to enjoy the beautiful scenery. He approached Amidala, flanked by his guards. Amidala waited for him, not coming forward, but simply waiting for him to make the effort to meet her. Sabe suppressed a smirk.

?Your Majesty,? Palpatine said, bowing his head shallowly. ?What an honor it is to be in your presence again.?

?And yours, Chancellor,? Amidala replied in her deep, authoritative voice. ?Naboo welcomes your return, however brief.?

Palpatine smiled, a thin smile. ?Is it true of your engagement to Skywalker??

?If that is what you have been told, then yes.?

The Chancellor smiled, then moved on down the line to the Jedi. They both bowed at the waist, Anakin a step behind Obi-Wan?s right shoulder. Sabe watched them closely. Quiet words were exchanged between the Knight and Chancellor, references to past predicaments retaining to the Republic. Then Palpatine smiled at Anakin. ?A powerful asset to the Jedi Order,? he nodded to Skywalker, eyes gleaming. ?And now a powerful asset to Naboo. Tell me, young Skywalker, are you to be knighted soon??

Obi-Wan and Anakin exchanged a quick glance, then the Padawan nodded, ?Yes, Chancellor. When I am ready.?

Palpatine smiled again.

@ @ @
    @ @ @

Anakin Skywalker did his best to suppress his fidgeting, but he couldn?t help himself. Obi-Wan was meditating in one of the gardens and Amidala had been kidnapped by her handmaidens. The large library was empty, except for the newly arrived Chancellor. Anakin felt as if he was being watched very closely, but Palpatine had his back to him. The Padawan felt the Force burning inside him. Had felt it all day. The burning increased to a scorching flame as he watched the Chancellor. More than anything he wanted to release it. When he had been younger, such bouts of power used to frighten him, but no longer.

Closing his eyes, Anakin concentrated on letting the heat flow out of him. The ripples were jagged and electric as he sought to soothe them.

?Your powers should not be suppressed.?

The Padawan?s eyes flew open. Palpatine had not turned his back, but as Anakin watched, the older man faced him, than thin smile crossing his lips. He could only stare for a long moment, then he gathered his words. ?The Jedi Masters say??

?That your powers will overwhelm you??

?Well, yes . . .?

Palpatine stepped forward, smiling. ?And what else do the Jedi tell you, boy? Are they allowing you to use your powers??

?Some,? Anakin hedged, frowning at him. ?I need to learn control.? Why was the Chancellor asking him about his Force training?

?How can you learn control if you are not using your powers to their extent?? Palpatine suddenly admonished, his eyes going dark. ?Tell me, Skywalker, do you feel that you are ready to be a Knight? That you are powerful enough in the Force??

?Yes,? Anakin said, a little uncertainly. Then he nodded. ?Yes.?

?Then why are you not??

?The Council does not believe so.?

?The Jedi Council,? Palpatine said slowly, nodding. He began to pace slowly in front of Anakin, seeming thoughtful. He stopped in front of the large window, hands clasped behind his back. ?The Jedi Council is not what it once was,? he said m

11. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Grr . . . I'm having toubles with part of my website. Sigh. Shoot, I gotta go eat and I have to work on more posts . . .

12. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Oh!!! POST POST POST!

13. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Chapter Seven

?Gosh, I?m glad we didn?t have a wedding,? Sabe muttered as she looked over the list of arrangements she needed to make. Most of the stuff was already handled and regulated. Palace weddings were always a hassle, but there were certain traditions that were taken into hand. Sabe was just left with what directly involved Amidala and Anakin.

She was working late again, but she was ready to head back to her chambers. Obi-Wan had just left, offering what help he could and informing her of the Jedi regulations as well. It was a headache, it really was. Two complete different cultures clashing together. Now, Sabe was ready to can in the whole thing and resign from any duty. But she could handle it?only if she got a relaxing back-rub within the next few minutes.

She closed down her computer and datapad and left her office. The palace halls were lit and guards were positioned at their stations. She yawned as she walked. Maybe she should take the short-cut back to her chambers. The massage was sounding better and better. Sabe entered the service corridor, not bothering to flip on the illumination banks. She knew her way and didn?t want to bother with shutting them down when she passed through.

There was a warning flicker, then something grabbed her. She screamed, but a hand clamped over her mouth, one arm snaking around her chest.

?Relax, Sabe, it?s me.?

The hand released from her mouth and she stepped away. ?Anakin?? she peered into the darkness, letting her eyes adjust. The taller figure shifted.

?Yes. Sorry to scare you.?

?What on all of Naboo are you doing in here?? Sabe exclaimed.

?Waiting for you,? Anakin said, his voice smooth in the dark.

?Me?? Sabe was more confused now than ever.

?I need to ask you something,? Anakin said, his tone suddenly urgent. She felt him take her hand in his and squeeze in reassurance.

?What?? she demanded warily.

The Padawan didn?t answer for a moment, then he stepped closer to her. ?I need to know the location of the Spaarti cylinders.?

?I cannot tell you that,? Sabe said, shaking her head. ?I?ve been sworn to secrecy. Besides, they might have been moved without my being aware.?

Anakin sighed. ?Sabe, you know you can trust me,? he said quietly, coaxingly.

?Why do you need to know?? Sabe asked.

?I?ve been given a mission,? Anakin said, the determination echoing in the dark corridor. ?By the chancellor himself.?

?I can?t, Anakin.? Sabe was ready to turn away, but Anakin kept hold of her, suddenly very close in the dark. His fingertips suddenly touched her face, cold and sending shivers through her. ?Anakin??

?We?re friends, Sabe,? the other said gently. ?And you understand what duty means, what honor means.?

?Yes,? she said, flinching as he continued to caress her cheek. Maybe she was overreacting, but she didn?t like Anakin?s sudden fondling. ?I still can?t tell you, Anakin.?

?The Jedi have secretly destroyed all of the cylinders,? Anakin said, smiling in the dark. ?The ones on Naboo are the only ones left. You must tell me, or they will fall into the wrong hands.? His fingers brushed her forehead.

Sabe felt suddenly dizzy and weak, as if someone had invaded her mind and seized hold. She felt herself begin to weaken, to slip down to the ground, but Anakin helped her up.

?The Spaarti cylinders,? Anakin said, his tone suddenly demanding and stern. ?Where are they??

Her head rolled and her eyes shut. ?I . . . can?t . . .?

?You must serve the Jedi,? Anakin?s voice floated to her. Another barrier was ripped from her. Sabe had no control. She found herself whispering, ?The volcano. In the cave by the volcano.? The image flashed through her mind, then ripped away.

?I am forever grateful,? Anakin whispered, kissing her forehead. ?But you will not remember.?

No! Everything inside her screamed, but her mind was silenced and she collapsed to the floor, moaning softly. Anakin smiled into the darkness, then scooped her into his arms

14. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    What? No replies to THAT post?????

@ @ @
    @ @ @

Palpatine left two days later. The mood among the handmaidens lifted and they focused on the task of the wedding. Although Royal weddings were usually big affairs, Amidala?s would be fairly small and private due to the fact Anakin was a Jedi Padawan. It relieved some of Sabe?s burdens. Amidala was practically bubbling. It wasn?t and oddity to see the Queen of Naboo smiling during political functions.

Sabe was happy for her friend, but for some un-pointed reason, she was never comfortable around Anakin anymore. It was as if some internal alarm was set off when he was near. She couldn?t explain it, and couldn?t find the cause for her sudden distrust. She hadn?t spoken to Obi-Wan about it, afraid he would be insulted. So, the handmaiden would grin and bear it when Amidala went on one of hr praise rants.

?Three more days,? Amidala sighed dramatically. The queen was lounging on the divan in her chambers.

?Yes, you?ve said that three times already,? Rabe pointed out with a smile. She was busy working on the veil.

?Well, I?m saying it again,? Amidala responded cheerfully. ?It would be a disappointment if I?or any of you?forgot, now wouldn?t it??

?It would be very sad,? Sache agreed, coming into the chamber. ?Because all of our planning would be for nothing.?

Sabe was busy putting the finishing touches on the gown. The Royal Seamstress had delivered the gown that afternoon, but Amidala had decided some changes were needed. The decoy had been eager to set to work on the beautiful gown of gold and white. Out of Naboo custom, the bride and groom were to be separated for two weeks before the wedding. Obi-Wan and Anakin had returned to the Temple for intensive training, then would return the night before and remain in the city of Theed until the ceremony. Amidala had spent the past week and a half-worrying that Anakin would somehow be caught up in his training and forget that they were getting married. All of the handmaidens had assured her it just wasn?t possible.

?He may even come back a Knight,? Yane pointed out.

Amidala smiled dreamily. ?Wouldn?t that be wonderful? He?s been so eager to return to Coruscant and complete his training.?

Sabe did voice her opinion. Obi-Wan had said before he had departed that the Council had decided Anakin needed more training before he was ready for the responsibility of a Knight. It struck her as ironic in a way. The Council had been outright defiant as to not train the boy, and then once they agreed, they were eager and expecting much from him. Now that his powers were growing, they were pulling in the reins. Anakin had responded like a wild bantha receiving his first rider. Not too well.

?Three more days,? Amidala sighed.

15. JediFinrod

JediFinrod Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 4, 2000
    So, Ani is already taking a sinister turn, and he and Ami are not even married yet. :( I don't think the happy part of their marriage will last long in this story!

I love the way you're building up the suspence, Amidolee! More soon!

16. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Nov 8, 1999
    Yes, I did read that last post. Yes, it was incredible, and very disturbing. Yes, I neglected to post. Why? I was too busy finally reading your USJS posts from the first thread. Quite addicting...sorry though!

Keep posting more! I'm getting to be a-feared of this new Ani, though...::shudder::

17. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Tomorrow's post will be long and good, I promise you! ;-)

18. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Guess what? When these 2 stories are done (this one will take a lon while, I assure you) I'm going to do an alternative to Portrait. Awhile back someone started this great thread called "Duty: what if Amidala's decoy was captured by Darth Maul?" It died, even though it was great!! :_( So, I might do something like that.

What y'all think?

19. QueenSkywalker

QueenSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2000
    I think that's a great idea :)
    bye the way, where did u get you're signature? It sounds like what happened to my brother...

20. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    the suspence is killing me!

MORE!

21. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    It is a quote from Douglas Adams "The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul"

?I was beginning to believe that Jedi never wore anything but brown,? Sabe commented with a smile. Her eyes traveled over the dark blue robe and white tunics of the Jedi ceremonial robes.

Obi-Wan made a face as he adjusted the sash around his waist. ?Personally, I?d trade this in for my old robes.?

?Don?t you dare,? Sabe admonished, shaking a finger at him. ?You?re too handsome in blue for that.?

The Jedi Knight scowled at her, then bent his head for a quick kiss. ?I missed you. I was ready to march back here and demand that the Naboo change their wedding customs.?

?Good luck,? Sabe said. She glanced at her chrono. ?I have to go, love. Time to prepare the bride for her four hour blessing.?
    Obi-Wan grimaced and then kissed her cheek. ?Get out of here then, so she can be blessed. I have to get Anakin ready for his meditation anyway.?

The both left their chamber, splitting off and heading to separate wings. Sabe entered the Queen?s preparation chamber. The only illumination came from fifty whit candles. The four other handmaidens were each whispering their blessing to the Queen, whom was draped in veils of gold and white lace. Her gown flowed around her, pooling around her feet. Her dark hair was wound through a silver headpiece with golden beads. Silver studs pierced her ears and her face was painted white, her eyes shadowed by gold paint, her lips painted silver. Her head was bowed and she rested on her knees. In moments, the priests would arrive, each blessing her. Then there would be prayers and vows.

Sabe was dressed in a flowing cloak of white and silver like the other handmaidens. Their faces would be painted of a shiny white, their lips silver like the Queen?s. Then they would be sprinkled with Blessing Water. After that, they would kneel before the Queen, and she would kneel before them. Each handmaiden would kiss the Queen?s hand, and she would kiss their cheeks. Another prayer and chant, then the Queen would emerge, pure and true. They would follow out and a similar ceremony would take place with the groom present. The Unity Blessing and Prayer would commence, then Amidala and Anakin would be pronounced United in Love. Then the celebration would follow. All Naboo were invited to bless the Queen and many smaller celebrations would take place around Theed and other cities, but the Palace would hold a ball.

Sabe tried not to fidget as the priests entered and went through their duration of blessings. Her long, brown hair had been braided and draped over one shoulder. A jeweled string wound through the braid, along with the other handmaidens. For once, they wore no hoods, but their faces were hidden behind the make-up. Their gowns were low cut, leaving their necks exposed and bare. A simple jewel was pinned to each of their gowns? bodice. Sabe?s was a jade pearl, the other handmaidens wore pearls of red, blue, white, and topaz.

Finally, after her feet were aching, the priests signaled for the handmaidens? blessings. Sabe knelt before Amidala and kissed her hand. The Queen returned the kiss on her decoy?s cheek.
    Then Sabe moved to her position at Amidala?s veil. When all was finished, the chamber?s doors were opened and Amidala emerged from the darkness. Sabe kept her eyes on the floor to the veil, keeping pace with the other handmaidens. She was aware of the few others present. Anakin and Amidala, the priests, handmaidens, Shmi, and Amidala?s parents.

The chanting and prayers began. Incense filled the vast chamber and smarted Sabe?s nose. Her and Obi-Wan?s ?uniting? ceremony had been much less lavish and ceremonial. The handmaiden kept her eyes lowered, as instructed. It seemed ages before the Unity Blessing was chanted. She lifted her head and watched as Anakin lifted the veil and kissed each cheek. Amidala was all smiles and light as they left the Unity chamber and out into the awaiting chamber.

?All Hail Queen Amida

22. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    hmm, I wonder if anyone saw the update???

23. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    Anakin turning dark *before* the wedding? Huh. Somehow that doesn't seem right, but oh well...

In other words yes, someone saw the update. You definitely have a knack for describing things; I especially liked the descriptions of the wedding scene, it was nice imagery.

24. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    I think Ani's fall begins during Rogue Planet. He used the dark side to kill the Blood Carver. It freaked him out. It's gradual and sort of sifts around for awhile before he goes for the plunge.

25. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Amidolee, great post, but...

How can I put this nicely..

I haven't read Rouge Planet yet, so don't ruin it for me, PLEASE?

(was that nicely?)

Man, i would die if I was a handmaiden. Can't talk, wear a dress everyday, lots of makeup, no sun tan, have to wear a dress everyday.... yuck.