main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Embers of a Dying Age: The Sabe Mabriee Saga (sequel to Oath)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Amidolee, Jun 29, 2000.

1. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    Oops, sorry, Miana!!! Don't worry, I didn't spoil everything!!

Chapter Eight

Sabe and Obi-Wan returned to the festivities, but both with sobered hearts. Anakin and Amidala were blossoming under all of the attention and the dancing had already begun. The handmaidens were shadows around the newly weds, and Sabe did not fear for their safety. It was the ones that were unprotected she feared for. The ones know one believed needed protection.

?It?s all right,? Obi-Wan soothed quietly, picking up her uneasiness. ?What have I to fear with you at my side??

Sabe gave him a weak smile. ?I guess we are at a party.?

The Jedi Knight smiled and then led her out onto the dance floor. Anakin and Amidala soon joined them, the Queen winking at her chief handmaiden. Sabe smiled then looked back at Obi-Wan. ?She?s radiant, isn?t she??

Obi-Wan glanced over at Amidala and nodded. ?Yes.? Then he frowned. ?Does it strike you as a little odd about Anakin??

Sabe frowned, her eyes glancing over the Jedi?s shoulder to the Padawan. On a closer inspection, she realized what Obi-Wan meant. While Anakin appeared completely happy, there was something brooding in his eyes. Amidala did not appear to notice as they danced across the floor. ?You?re right. His mind?s elsewhere.? Turning back to Obi-Wan, she smiled slyly. ?Perhaps looking forward to the honeymoon??

He rolled his eyes and smirked, shaking his head. Then he kissed her on her forehead. ?Thank you, love. I might have worried about him all night and not enjoy myself.?

2. Senator Lorena

Senator Lorena Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2000
    Uppers for a wonderful story!

3. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Um, I'm going to be gone from tomorrow morning to Sunday night--reenactment. I don't know if I'll get to be one tonight becuz were going to pick up JA #9 and then we have to do some major renovation of our computer. It got hit by a virus and now were missing some window drivers.

@ @ @
    @ @ @

The celebration continued late into the night, but Amidala and Anakin departed early on. No one but Panaka and the handmaidens knew of their destination. Sabe would have come along as protection, but Amidala had refused, giving her chief handmaiden a leave and time to spend with her own love. Sabe and Obi-Wan retired not long after the royal couple.

?I don?t know whether to be happy or not,? Sabe sighed as they entered the chambers.

Obi-Wan immediately shed his robe and gave it an unceremonious toss over a chair. ?You did not want Amidala to marry Anakin?? he asked curiously.

?No,? Sabe said. ?I mean?no that that is not what I mean. I meant trying to decide whether to be happy, because it?s suppose to be a joyous day; or sobered by the news of the Jedi.?

Obi-Wan?s face grew very serious as he wrapped his arms around her. ?Do not worry, love,? he said gently, kissing her forehead. ?The Force will guide us. We are not in grave danger yet.?

?You shouldn?t have to be in any danger,? Sabe replied softly, burying her head in his shoulder. She breathed deeply, taking in his scent. After a moment she lifted her head, pressing her cheek against his. It was always heaven being in his arms. Once he left Naboo, it would probably be for months, maybe even a year. At least until Anakin was knighted.

?Sabe, love, when have I not been in danger?? Obi-Wan nuzzled her neck, wanting to forget about the dark thoughts that had been haunting his mind as of late.

The handmaiden sighed. ?I hate it when you say that, Obi-Wan.? The Jedi Knight paused in his exploration of her neck and looked up at her, blue eyes intent. ?It doesn?t help my anxiety.?

?Will this?? Obi-Wan smiled, his impish smile, then kissed her tenderly.

?Mmm,? Sabe murmured. ?Quite a remedy.?

The kissed again, long and slow. They had just begun the process of removing their heavier articles of clothing when the door buzzed. Sabe growled and sighed. Obi-Wan rolled his eyes and she fastened her dress back up.

?Sabe, Kenobi,? Panaka greeted when she answered the door. ?I have very grave news.?

Sabe frowned and gestured for him to enter. ?What is it? Is Amidala all right??

Panaka nodded to Obi-Wan, then turned back to Sabe. ?The Spaarti cylinders. Did you remove them from the cave??

?No,? Sabe said, feeling her stomach lurch. ?Why??

?They are missing.?

Sabe gasped and felt Obi-Wan steady her. ?Are you certain? Did Amidala move them??

Panaka shook his head. ?She hadn?t the chance. Sabe, is there anyway that anyone could have known? Kenobi?did you inform Skywalker??

Obi-Wan shook his head. ?No. Anakin was not informed.?

Sabe felt sick. Someone had stolen the Spaarti cylinders, someone could reproduce another clone army. Something buzzed inside her head. Thinking back to the past few weeks, Sabe tried to remember every detail, every word she had said. There was one such day she could not remember anything about. Try as she might, she couldn?t think of a single detail. She began to feel sicker.

?I must get back to my duties,? Panaka said. ?If you can think of anything, please contact me.?

?We will,? Obi-Wan said.

Sabe heard the door shut. She suddenly felt dizzy and she swayed on her feet. Pieces of the night she had stayed in her office late began to come back to her. Concentrating on what little bits she could retrieve, Sabe began to realize what had happened to her. Someone had swiped her memory. Only Force-sensitive beings could do such tricks. The only two in the palace were Obi-Wan and Anakin. Anakin . . . The Force whispered to her and then everything began to fall into place.

Sabe gasped and nearly crumbled. Obi-Wan caught her. ?S

4. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Jedi Master Mara Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    :mouth hanging open in amazement:

OMG, OMG, OMG! Force, that was incredible! :eek:

You're going to leave us with that cliffhanger for TWO DAYS?!

All I can say is that you will have the Mob after you if you do this again. =)

I'm still really enjoying USJS, Amidolee!

5. JediofJade

JediofJade Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 1999
    To page one with you. Yep, keep it going, keep it going. yeah, yeah.

6. JediFinrod

JediFinrod Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 4, 2000
    Awesome posts, Amidolee! That cliffhanger is going to make for a loooooonnnngggggg two days! ;)

7. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Nov 8, 1999
    No kidding it's a long two days. I keep checking this thread neurotically even though I *know* she's not here. Sad, isn't it?

:sighs and goes back to hitting the "refresh" button:

8. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Nov 8, 1999
    Is she back yet?

::JMMJ starts whining like a little kid stuck in the car too long::

Up goes this thread. Post tonight??? :eek:

9. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    aaaaAAAAAAUUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHH!! You can't stop there!

10. light_sabe_r

light_sabe_r Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN!!!!

My stupid ISP goes offline for a week and look what I miss!!!!!

Come on MORE!!!!!

This is too creepy.

11. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Force, I miss my computer!!! ;-)
    Thanks for keeping the thread unburied. Now I have to go fishing for my other one . . .

@ @ @

Sabe had begged, she had pleaded, she had even used her weak Force powers to pin him against the wall for a brief moment, but Obi-Wan had refused to let her come. The tenacious woman had thought of sneaking after him, of cloaking herself against him, but the look in Obi-Wan?s eyes had been what kept her from arguing further. Obi-Wan was Anakin?s Master, this was something between them. Sabe?s only other weak argument was that she should come to protect Amidala. Again, Obi-Wan had refused, saying Amidala would not be hurt, they?re would be no fighting. He would bring Anakin back, and the Council would be notified.

It had been a day and Sabe was in a frightful state. All four handmaidens were tending to her, trying to comfort and console her, but their efforts were worthless. Whenever she stretched out with the Force, she could not get a sense of Obi-Wan. The distance was too great, even for their bond.

Sache had an arm around Sabe as the decoy sat listlessly on the couch. ?Obi-Wan will bring him back and Amidala will be fine. It?s probably a misunderstanding, that?s all.?

Sabe looked at her friend, noting the other woman?s flat tone. No one knew what to think now. Had Anakin been sincere to destroy the cylinders? Or was there something else behind his severe infliction on Sabe? Even Eirtae, whom had stayed a few days for the wedding, was extremely concerned and baffled. While Sabe did appreciate support, it just wasn?t enough.

12. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    oops, that was really short, wasn't it?

Immense pleasure filled him; icy and burning hot all at once. It coursed through his blackened blood, the air crackled around him. Yes, it was almost complete, with the assistance of dear Kenobi?the final piece. Palpatine smiled and kept his eyes closed a moment more, then withdrew his mind from the dark recesses of the Force and cast about his chambers.

Young Skywalker had done well, had played right into his hands. The betrayal and anger Palpatine had planted in him had grown into a beautiful black bloom. It was only a short matter of time . . . a very short matter. The chancellor folded his white fingers together, cracking his knuckles and enjoying the sound that echoed throughout the chamber. He wondered absently if the sound of bones cracking echoed across Naboo.

No, not yet, but soon. Very soon.

Next one will be longer. And good.

13. Latara

Latara Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2000
    AHHH!!!

Tension building, must read more.....

14. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Nov 8, 1999
    Thanks for posting, Amidolee! Awesome posts, but rather spooky... ::shiver::

Next post? I want to see it!

=) =) =)

15. Healer Apprentice Lina

Healer Apprentice Lina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    This story is amazing, Amidolee!
    YOU'RE amazing! WOW!
    How do you write so well for so many threads???

16. QueenSkywalker

QueenSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2000
    Geez, evil Palpy!!!!
    What a way to ruin a wedding night!
    must have more!

17. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    I think some of you are exaggerrating about my writing talents, but I'll let it fill my ego a little anyway ;-)

The night had grown long and cold. Sabe wrapped herself in a blue silken robe and curled up on the window bench in her chambers. The moon was bright and full, sending eerie light over the hills and gardens of Theed. Her gut twisted viciously and she pressed her forehead against the cool glass. No word. Absolutely no word from Amidala or Obi-Wan. What could be happening out there?

She was lost in her musings and did not catch the movement in the private entrance of the palace. It was several minutes later before the door hissed open and a whirlwind invaded the silence.

?How could you?? Amidala bellowed, storming into the chamber.

Sabe jumped and felt her relieved reaction turn to confusion. ?Your Highness! You?re safe!?

?Of course I?m safe!? Amidala shouted. ?I was with Anakin! How DARE you do this to me? To us?? The Queen stalked up to Sabe and shot daggers at the older woman. ?How could you make up such lies? Are you jealous? Do you not want me to be happy? What is it, Sabe? Why??

The handmaiden was frightened, but also furious. She wanted to scream at Amidala, slap her, and maybe even scream some more, but she couldn?t do that. She had to know what had happened. ?What. Happened. Out. There??

?I?ll tell you what happened,? Amidala hissed, dark eyes flashing. ?I was perfectly happy with Anakin. Then Kenobi comes storming in and launches in to this tale of how Anakin hurt you and stole the cylinders. Anakin denied it because he would never do anything like that.?

Amidala suddenly reached out and slapped Sabe.

Tears streamed down her cheeks and she pressed her face into the stunned handmaiden?s. ?Because of you Anakin will not become a Knight. Your Kenobi has chased my husband into the mountains and I hope he dies there by my husband?s own hands!?

18. Senator Lorena

Senator Lorena Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2000
    Wow! I guess Amidala would be in denial.

19. JediFinrod

JediFinrod Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 4, 2000
    Whoa, what a scene. I never expected a cat fight between Ami and Sabe!

20. Latara

Latara Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2000
    Don't let her treat you like that Sabe, stand up for your man!

Great post, and the only thing that could make it better would be another one. soon. :)

21. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    uh oh.

(What more can someone say???)

22. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    Uh, to quote our poor Master right now,

23. light_sabe_r

light_sabe_r Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Oh no!!!!

Sabe! Get your sword fighting @ss out there now and push Ani over before he does that to Obi!!!!!!

Beter yet, drag Ami out there with you so she can see what the hell is going on!

BTW. Excellent writing!

24. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Hey Sabe_r, it's nice to meet another late night poster....

let's see, we need Judge Mills Lane now.

"Okay you two, I want a good clean fight. No lightsabers, no Force chokes, none of that cr*p. Just bare hands. Let's get it on!"

25. QueenSkywalker

QueenSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2000
    Put 'em in the cage!
    Sabe could kick Ami's butt, and I think she should!