main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Emerging from Shadows (Replies and Interlude 7/26)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Cushing's Admirer, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    In one of my fics I had that the Jedi Council many years ago defiled(sp?) the Prophecy of the Chosen One out of fear. They first restricted it, then forbade it to be discussed in-depth before they figuratively cut it to pieces. Once they were done they used the excuse that some Jedi had issues with letting their attachments get in the way to ban attachments.

I do remember hearing somewhere that the Jedi through their narrow view point unknowingly contributed to the Imbalance in the Force. But I don't remember where I read/heard it.

They are going to want a standing army of some kind. The Republic didn't have one and it led to all kinds of trouble.

2. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Thanks, Kahara. :) Yeah, I didn't even realise about the Jedi AUness till you pointed it out but it feels right so I'm going with it. :D

Some of the OCs will appear again soon.

Good. Cushy does so much better writing from heart than head and I firmly believe that's conveyed through my words. Glad you feel for Piett. :) I'm glad. :)

Indeed to the first part of your second statement. The Jedi will be humbled.

I can see why you'd think so, Misty, but no, they don't.

Note: Cushy doesn't condone any sort of cloning on moral and religious grounds. Certainly not of Humans. My decisions regarding clone troopers is not personal towards individual clones it is pertaining to the concept itself.

Interlude: Progressing Forward

Private Report for Governor Tarkin from Imperial Intelligence

The Empire now has a treaty with Ryloth. Reparations are being carried out regarding exploitation, damage, and bloodshed due to the Battle of Ryloth.

The terror organisations Nova Front and the Peace Brigade have been effectively disbanded. Associated armaments, bases, weapons, vessels, ordnance, and munitions either have been duly disposed of, raw materials reclaimed, or refitted and refurbished to suitable uses.

The eradication of biological warfare agents has begun. Security, scientific, and medical teams are working in efficient rotating shifts on 20,000 of the most populous planets within Imperial Territories to foster this goal. They are remodelling any secret testing labs or storage warehouses they locate into supply depots, recreation centres, or agricultural training sites.

The seizure and cleansing of the clones proceeds well. Twenty billion more units eliminated. Armour and weapons stripped for raw materials.

2 million new refuelling depots have opened within the Empire.

Sienar Systems has agreed to return to Imperial contracts only.
    All classes of gunship, blastboat, and dropship have ceased production and all operations. Raw materials salvaged are being employed as bartering tools in negotiations in various sectors including: Churba, Sern, Corellian, Elrood, Antemeridian, and Tion Hegemony.

Extremists from the Bothan Spynet continue to hinder our efforts causing pointless harassment. Included are the latest causality reports, sir.

Private Report for Grey Stag from Tiger King

Several CIS technologies have ceased production and operations including all types of starbombers. The resources salvaged are being put towards the well being of CIS survivors and the Aspirants of Fashioner of Stars movement being fostered so aptly by that Kaladroni, Fireheart.

Baktoid Combat Automata has been shutdown. It astounds me how much we sapients waste in needless destructive efforts, my friend.

My people are currently in negotiations with the Trade Federation and the Techno Union. Certain elements are vehemently opposing the reforms laid out in the Vital Documents.

Keep heart, our efforts shan't be in vain.

Journal of Obi-Wan Kenobi

All I thought I understood of existence and the galaxy has been turned upon it's ear. Defections and questioning spreads like unquenchable flames among Jedi ranks. Many younglings whisper that the Force is 'much bigger' than it was previously.
    I believe they mean by this that quadrillions of sapients that weren't detectable to their senses suddenly are now. I notice it too.

The training salles are devoid of life and activity. The armouries nearly bare. An uneasy current of disquiet pervades the temple. The Council Masters are losing sway more by the hour. Ki-Adi-Mundi has already resigned all standing in relation to the Order.

I am awed that though the numbers of beings associated with the Jedi decreases in substantial droves due to flocking to Kaladron, each one that departs leaves behind or melts down their lightsabre. Their signatures aglow with hope and love.
    Though it is indeed difficult and unnerving to contemplate, it is as though a great liberation is sweeping the galaxy. A fresh start of sorts.

I have always striven to maintain peace and repair fissures. I have endured many sleepless nights and even fasted. I do feel joining the unusual ones is my course. I feel the Force singing as it hasn't since I took my Initiation Rite at three. Exhilarating indeed.

I will resign and then depart for Kaladron at 02:00 tomorrow. I will be settling at one of the five newly opened sanctuaries found there.

As much as I can, I will aid Toru and Thimen in fostering unity. I am so excited yet grave that I, myself, am approaching this as a time of clarification and refreshment.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Letter from Lady Hannah Tarkin, Crystal Cascades, Endor to her Husband

You are in my thoughts every day, my Noble Stag. The Peace Pact was signed and ratified a fortnight ago.

I have delayed in telling you what I now disclose, not out of any ill intent, Dear One, but because I desired to spare you any more distress amid your very delicate and vital work of ordering and reforming the Empire.

Mezeri, persists in simply howling and whimpering, her nose pointed toward the heavens. I believe she is crying for you, Luv. Unlike the rest of the Pack whom we rescued from that horrid crash, she hasn't done a whit of preparation for her coming metamorphosis. She hasn't eaten in twelve days and only takes water when I am not present. I-I-I fear she may die if you do not return.

We understand if you cannot, but, it sunders my heart to consider we may lose an adopted child alongside our beloved Rookery.

Whatever comes, I shall be at your side forever, Wilhuff.

All my love,

Rose

Communiqué from Governor Wilhuff Tarkin, Seswenna Sector to Admiral Firmus Piett, Imperial Navy

Steady on, Loyal Comrade. I empathise acutely with your frustrations. The Mon Calamari makes such bold demands because he is seeking to bait the Empire into petty contentions in hopes someone 'slips up'. He merely wants to discredit us publicly, you see?

While it would be jolly good of the Rebels to be fair, that time is not yet. They have cause to be bitter and mistrusting. They can't afford believing our overtures as legitimate, yet.

Doing as Ackbar says may cause some to reconsider their opposition to us.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rebel Base, Corellia

'I'll die before I cede anything to those Imperial monsters!' Mon Mothma exclaims hotly while staring daggers at her conversation mate.

'Yeah? What good would it do? Why are you insisting on continuing the cycle of futility? Tarkin has actually done what Gial demanded and paid dearly in stolen resources and Imperial civilian and military blood! Even so, he is consolatory.

'Even I can see he's wearying of this nonsense. Frankly, so am I! What you and your ilk fail to recognise is he is heartbroken, not angry.

'Looking at our own records, anyone with integrity can see the amount of blood shed by Rebel fanatics far exceeds that of a few frightened and green Imperial troopers. Yet, Tarkin has restrained his people and they obey.

'Killing innocents is beneath you, Mon. Think, will you?' Garm Bel Iblis urges.

'No!' The Chandrilan woman cries shrilly before withdrawing a thermal detonator from her robe, turning tail, and pressing the device to her chest. Moments later, it explodes killing Mothma instantly along with five thousand Rebel personnel and officers. It likewise compromises the entire base's structural integrity to the point it is useless to stay.

'Sod it all! Survivors to the ships! Follow your hearts and may the Force be with you. Those that want to join the Aspirants' movement on me!' Bel Iblis summons over the blaring of klaxons.

Chaos breaks out as beings, foodstuffs, and supplies are hastily and clumsily gathered as people spill into dozens of frantic lines.

Death Star

Commander Gilad Pellaeon enters Tarkin's office to see that the man is ashen and staring glassily at a datapadd that is askew upon his desk, likely dropped by a tremulous hand.

Coming alongside his chair, he asks softly: 'I say, Old Man, what's happened?'

'The Pack, Dear Boy. Hannah informs me we may lose one of our Pack.'

Gilad's expression instantly softens compassionately. 'You have worked yourself to the bone. The Vital Documents are under final review before you inform the greater populace of the Empire of the reforging of concepts and ideals.

'You have been away from your home and loved ones too long. There is a time to be a Galactic Leader but there is likewise one to be a husband and Papa regardless what some clueless spinsters or callow youths say.

'The withdrawal from Dac is proceeding well and Mon Calamari and Quarrens begin to swarm to us. I will serve faithfully whomever you appoint as Interim Leader and so will the others. A brief recharge is warranted. It's Mezeri, isn't it? That Codru-Ji lass was always the most like you.'

Tarkin nods dispiritedly, his eyes a dull disquieted grey-blue.

'Go on home for a week. I'll see that the Galaxy doesn't combust in your absence.'

Gilad smiles faintly as he sees Wilhuff's features enliven at his words. Soon, his hand which is resting upon his superior's knee is affectionately patted before being grasped warmly within a double-handed clasp of deep gratitude. The unshielded eyes conveying a wealth of emotion Tarkin is too drained to trouble verbalising.

Endor

Disembarking from his personal vessel, a modified pastel grey and silver Delta-7B Aethersprite-class light interceptor, Wilhuff sprints along the footpath that leads to the cottage. Insects chirp and avians screech from the surrounding woodland but he pays them no heed.

Entering the main parlour, Wilhuff instantly invites an embrace which Hannah joyously fulfils. Sighing in blissful relief, the couple simply cradles one another close for long delightful minutes.

Moving his hands to Hannah's shoulders, Wilhuff squeezes them soothingly as he kisses her brow.

Trailing his hands affectionately down her arms, Wilhuff then entwines a hand with Hannah's as he whispers: 'Let's see the Pack, Darling.'

Walking into the spacious and fragrant back garden, Wilhuff calls gently: 'Mezeri, Shi'pon, Gerdalak, Vorlass, Kydroni, Shelby, Papa and Mama are here now. Come to us, Luvs. Fine meat awaits. You must be ravenous.'

At the summons, a half-dozen six-limbed wyrwulves lope directly for the Tarkins. Two snarling in open accusation, three whimpering submissively, and the final member of the Pack jumps up on his hind paws and proceeds to give Papa eager kisses with his moist tongue, his nose sniffing the long-absent Human rejoicing that the baseline scents are correct: Papa has returned!

A high peal of laughter grips Wilhuff as he hugs Shelby's shaggy canine form enthusiastically. 'Yes, yes, it's Papa, you silly pup!'

Before long, five of the wyrwulves are satisfied that all is again right in their world with the reappearance of Papa. Shi'pon and Vorlass each take one of the Tarkins gently by a sleeve and direct them deep within the forested edge of the property. Wilhuff's eyes gleam with delight as he beholds two gorgeous blue cocoons nearly crafted to completion.

'Oh, Papa is so proud of you, my darlings!' He praises unabashedly, a wide innocent grin crossing his expressive features.
    Hearing their siblings being praised, the other three pups that have already welcomed Papa woof for his attention. Wide erect ears twitching as amber eyes regard the pair of Caretakers expectantly.

Soon, Shelby, Gerdalak, and Kydroni have shown off their cocoons as well resulting in much petting, kisses, and loving sounds.

Twilight is deepening into night and unlike her siblings, Mezeri remains despondent and has rebuffed all of Wilhuff's attempts to rouse her appetite. Even succulent nerf calf prepared with her favourite seasoning has thus far failed.

Spirits dampened by his adopted daughter's odd behaviour, Wilhuff returns to his plush reading chair positioned directly before a large transparisteel window, absently absorbed in a light rain shower that is starting. The patter upon the panes minutely easing his gloomy mood.

Kissing her husband's temple, Hannah departs to the kitchen to prepare them some relaxing jeru tea and warm flaky honey biscuits.

Returning to the parlour, Hannah bears two piping hot plates of food, two mugs of tea, a deep saucer of water, and a fresh heap of nerf calf chunks.

Wilhuff's stomach growls at the sweet scents of Hannah's cooking, for he loves her culinary inventiveness and skill; but his mind rejects partaking a single bite until the stalemate with Mezeri is over.

At her husband's tender coaxing, Hannah eats her own meal.

Hannah is asleep on the main ebony leather couch within the parlour, her head supported upon her man's lap, his fingers absently stroking her in an automatic gesture of comfort as Wilhuff attempts and fails to catch up on reports on his datapadd by torch-light.

Sensing that her Caretakers are sincerely troubled and concerned, Mezeri quietly pads into the parlour and starts tackling the pile of nerf calf set out. Vigorous chewing and lapping of water alerts Wilhuff to new activity.

Silently urging Hannah to rouse, he indicates their girl's presence and veracious appetite.

Two more heaping plates of nerf later, Mezeri tucks her feathered tail between her legs and lowers her head in contrition as she whines in apology.

Scratching an ear fondly, Wilhuff murmurs: 'I am so relieved, my girl. You had us so worried. Come, let’s go to bed and rest as long as we may. Then, we shall begin your cocoon, hmmm?'

Wilhuff purrs in contentment as he nestles close to his beloved, delighted to feel Hannah's gentle arms holding him near within their own soft cot following such an extended period of separation. He sighs as sleep grips him as he feels Mezeri's paws and muzzle rest gently across his feet.

Ewok Poet and sarlaccsaurs-rex like this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Fantastic homecoming! @};- Gilad is a true friend and trusted ally. :) Mothma was being rather fanatical :eek: Enjoyed the missive from Kenobi. He is always thoughtful and always open to new opportunities. :)

Cushing's Admirer likes this.
  4. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Wonderful homecoming!

I remember hearing that Mon Mothma was in the Senate before Padme spoke to the Senate as Queen so her having a few screws loose makes sense.

5. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Splendid, Cushy. I am fan fiction skittish these days because of I am not a fan of Slash / Mary Sue styled works, but stumbling across this story it's exactly the kind of fan fiction I enjoy. A lovely what if, well conceived and in character series it is.

So Obi-Wan is going to jump ship eh? Very interesting.

I enjoy how you've eliminated the Emperor, made Whilhuff a major player and continue to show the splintering of the Jedi Order (some things never change.)

Well done... will have to subscribe to this thread so I can post on a more timely basis.

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Well, looky, Cushy is getting the lurkers to come out! That is a great and wonderful thing! :cool: :D @};-

7. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Thank you, Ny. :) Cushy likes family bits. He is. :D I'm glad Obi's note struck a chord with you. Mothma never struck Cushy right. :(

Thanks, Misty. Glad it made sense.
    :eek: A lurker! Hello. So glad to see you reading, Lok. Your comments mean ever so much. I totally empathise on the fanfic reading fronts. I have basically given up reading because there is simply so much repetition and harping on stuff I dislike.
    Why, thank you. Glad you're interested in what's happening. :D I think faith has a place in Star Wars and I'm enjoying tweaking the Force to align better with my personal beliefs. Highly honoured by your reading.

Thanks, Ny! :D

Interlude: Breakthroughs

Endor

On the final day of leave Wilhuff and Hannah witness all six pups enter their cocoons to begin undergoing chrysalis.

Death Star

Astonishment imprints itself on Tarkin's features when he beholds an internal report that declares that the Battle Planetoid itself is still full of wrongfully detained individuals. Swiftly noting which individuals are legitimate prisoners due to illegal activities, he sends the file to a faithful Sub-Lieutenant, he's growing fond of.

Smiling beneath her helmet as new orders are transmitted over her display screen, Keen Mynock cocks her rifle as she informs, '
    Creatures Unit, with me. We're freeing innocents.'

Ensign Guarlara cocks his head as he asks through his transmitter, 'Are you sure, ma'am? Sounds like a good way to get pushed out an airlock to me.'

Rolling her eyes, Mynock feeds the orders to the new arrival. Seeing that Admiral Yularen, Governor Tarkin, and Commander Pellaeon have endorsed the orders, Guarlara snaps to attention before taking point as
    Creatures Unit hotfoots it to the detention level.

Fanning out, Agile Wolf, Keen Mynock, Guarlara, Swift Dewback, Nexu Cub, Filly, and Rancor Hatchling consult their individual lists before calling out names. Shouting erupts as true criminals jostle and shove the released individuals as they attempt to flee. Their blasters set on heavy stun, the Stormtrooper unit makes short work of quelling the would-be rabble-rousers.

They recommence coaxing the innocents to step form their cells and accompany them to the docking bay level, asking for vessel and origin confirmations so they can check suitability of the needed vessels before each member of
    Creatures Unit leads thousands of liberated beings to freedom. A sinewy cyan-pelted Nelvaanian with livid scars down his back and beneath his left eye is carrying a grey and black Squib fuzzling as he stays on Mynock's heels.

Over the next three hours, dozens of small transports, freighters, and personal starfighters launch from the Death Star for diverse destinations. Thus, leaving all but one wing of the detention level devoid of occupancy.
    Report from Admiral Wullf Yularen, Imperial Navy to Nuzzler of the 17th Imperial Sooty Cheetahs

Commodore:

Though
    Redeemer,Negotiator, and Spirit of the Wolf have successfully decimated slaver strongholds, pirate bases, Ubiqtorate bases, cloning facilities, and broken up three key smuggling rings, we have sustained significant damage and lost half of our escort compliments. I'm bringing them in for a refit at Carida.

I know well that you retired your wings following the devastating losses at the Battle of Cato Neimoidia, but I ask you to reconsider. Though over all we are doing well, the resistance we are meeting is causing the whipper-snappers to waver.

We have known war and devastation so long, they shy at having their hands restrained when they witness innocents and comrades dying.

We lost seventeen thousand good people and the
    Incomparable during the recent Kamino Skirmishes and they have closed all channels with us.

Agent Shadowkit successfully tracked Duro mercenary Cad Bane to Ord Mantel and following a heated fire fight was able to eliminate him. He is cataloguing the contents of his base.

Remember the Outer Rim Sieges. Remember Gideon. Raith Sienar. Senator Borsk Fey'lya. Padawan Ahsoka Tano. Jedi General Even Piell. Finis Valorum. Motti and Tagge. Jedi Knight Aayla Secura. The fiery and ridiculous Daala. A scant few that have fallen in our struggles.

Forgive me for reopening wounds, Nuzzler, but we are vulnerable now. So close to profound forward momentum, yet, so easily it may be stolen away from us. Consider what your dreams were for Rookery and have been for sweet Leilani. Your people need you, sir.

Following in-depth internal searching and discussions with his wife and trusted advisers, Wilhuff dutifully dons his purple, silver, and silver-white Commodore's dress uniform to lead his old regiment the
    17th Imperial Sooty Cheetahs on several protective campaigns and rescue operations.

Executing a barrel roll soon after launching from the Death Star's hangar bay, getting a feel for his trusty ship again in active mode, Wilhuff then straightens his trajectory. Opening ship-to-ship communications, he instructs: 'Felines, Raptors, Seabirds, Swallowtails, Window Guardians, form up on me.

'We're going to strike a swift and decisive blow to these daft ones that resist civility. Disable or cripple adversarial craft only. If deliberate bloodshed is dealt, it will accord strict punishment. I mean it, Cublings. Do not test me, unless you wish to fare Old Nuzzler's fangs.

'Our mission is to defend the Rebel convoy attempting to defect to the Aspirant Base on Yavin 13. Understood? If you or your wing mates are fired upon do not take vengeful action. Account will be made in Fashioner of Star's time. We must trust Him.'

Seventy-two comm chirps indicate comprehension.

'Very well. Prepare to jump to hyperspace. Let's get those good people to their new home, shall we?'

Emerging from hyperspace near Yavin 13, Tarkin's squadrons are confronted by barrages of green laser fire, strategically placed sky mines, and heavy ion canon fire.

'Scatter! Raptors and Swallowtails keep the Corellian Corvettes busy. Seabirds, Felines, let's cover those shuttles. Window Guardians disable any opposing stragglers.'

Swarms of bristling X-Wings, Y-Wings, and A-Wings seek to intimidate, harass, or outright destroy the convey of three ambassadorial shuttles bearing Sullustan markings.

Feline 2 swoops directly behind a pair of Y-Wings and peppers their shields with laser fire, executing a tight and fast evasive pattern to narrowly escape being scorched in return.

Wilhuff tracks a flashy X-Wing pilot and swiftly gaining on him, he unleashes a focused burst of laser fire upon the vulnerable central joint of it's S-Foils, effectively rendering the pilot immobile but alive.

Executing an upside down pass, Tarkin disables two Y-Wings and an A-Wing before veering to port and executing a horizontal 'roller ball' pass, crippling three more fighters. Barely righting his light interceptor before ramming an X-Wing, he sighs in relief at the narrow escape.

The flares of weakening shields and impact detonations surround him and Wilhuff senses much fear, confusion, and dread.

A proximity alarm blares as a weapons lock is indicated upon Tarkin's interceptor. Moments later, he is thrown roughly against his crash webbing as his ship reverberates dangerously with forceful impacts.

Eyes widening in horror, he witnesses as Feline 7 trips a sky mine and Widow Guardian 9's right wing is sheered clean off by a torpedo hit. Both fighters disintegrate into fiery particles.

Programming his interceptor to locate and track the mobile mines, Tarkin calls: 'Feline 5, let's take out these blasted mines.'

'Rodger that, Nuzzler. On your wing.'

Together the TIE Bomber and the light interceptor eliminate the remaining mines in four thorough sweeps.

'Seabird Leader to all ships. Mission complete. Shuttles safely arrived at the Aspirant Base.'

'Well done, Cublings. Prepare to return home for repairs.'

'Aye, Sir.' The surviving pilots chorus.

After much stonewalling, posturing, threats, and reluctant admissions the Glorious Gravel Kit of Alderaan convenes a meeting of many Rebel leaders and advisers. The Princess is still wary but she is just beginning to see a faint glimmer of hope that this Coalition talk may be legitimate, grudgingly.

At the invitation of Tarkin, she has sent Commanders Skywalker, Antilles, and Darklighter to tour an Imperial field medical camp. In exchange, he has entrusted her with Sub-Lieutenant Keen Mynock, Commander Jerjerrod, and Ensign Kor'bok that they might behold a vital truth that is too oft lost in war: that all sides suffer and are capable of compassion and courage.

Both envoy teams tour the other faction's infirmaries and accompany them on ground missions for a moon. The futility of conflict and the universal commonalties of sapient life are reaffirmed in the delegates. Most have a least one individual they make acquaintance with during the exchange that they hope to get to know better in the future.

Following this relatively calm and illuminating experience, the leaderships of both factions discuss the results then compile reports for the other faction to study. This leads to more productive and willing talks.
    HoloNet News Bulletin

Governor Wilhuff Tarkin fidgets and rakes his fingers through his silvering locks as he anxiously awaits the time for his Announcement. This day will see the birth of several pivotal turning points in the direction of the Galaxy. Happily, Hannah and his Pack are on hand and graciously shoring up his nerves.
    Time to bite the bullet as they say, he thinks semi-wryly as the moment arrives and the searing news glowpanels hit him dead in the eyes making him squint and shy momentarily.

'Imperial citizens, a most auspicious occasion has been gifted to us. Doubtlessly, you are aware of the whispers of change cropping up throughout the Empire. These are long overdue and I regret that what I am about to inform you of has taken so very long. Nonetheless,

it is my pleasure to abolish the Sector Governance Decree, the Hammertong Project, and the Commission for the Preservation of the New Order. The Sand Cobra's reign of terror met its demise when he perished by Great One Above's decree.

'The time for dread and oppression is passed, Brave Beings. Countless dauntless individuals from thousands of systems have laboured tirelessly with me in fashioning new Vital Documents, which I unveil for all within our Territories to see now. They include the Decree of Foundations: a detailed file that outlines every tier of structure within our newly declared Imperial Galactic Coalition; a Document of Rights and Responsibilities of Citizens of the Imperial Galactic Coalition that covers rights, liberties, laws, and obligations. Next, is the List of all current services or goods available to you ordered by topical index.

'Now for the most important things I desire to address this evening: The Imperial Conscript Act and the Enslavement Act are hereby rescinded. All wrongfully held prisoners are already in the process of being freed. All Imperial citizens that wish to depart service may do so without fear of reprisal or being labelled traitor. However, I appeal to you, stalwart backbone of the Coalition, consider assisting me and your other leaders in furthering the budding peace process with the Rebels.

'Thank you for your attention. Good evening, loyal citizens.'

Ewok Poet likes this.
  8. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Saw something from Star Wars Rebels featuring a model of Tarkin and my first though was 'he doesn't look natural because his forehead is too broad' so I stated that in my opinion his forehead was too broad.

Hopefully though everyone can work together for the betterment of all.

9. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Chapter IV: Cessation

Four Months Later—Palace of Emerald Grasslands, Alderaan

The fifteen thousand legitimate prisoners of the Coalition that have been housed upon the Battle Planetoid are now safely moved to detention facilities on Kelbador.

Eight thousand transports, freighters, medical ships, and supply vessels are temporarily being hosted by the Viceroy of Alderaan in the final stage of the promised abandonment of the Death Star. These vessels house the individuals formerly assigned to the abominable contraption.
    Three million tonnes of raw materials have been redeemed from this ghastly technological nightmare. The priciest ten tonnes is given to Bail Organa as a gift of gratitude for the mercies extended to them by the Alderaanian People.

HoloNet Bulletin

Tarkin's clipped tenor tones summon gravely: 'Attention! Imperial citizens, merchants, honoured dignitaries, and guests: Let it be known, as of 21:00 Imperial Standard Time the most grievous affair labelled the Galactic Civil War has ended.
    'Look to your screens, holo transceivers, and out your windows, Good Beings. Witness that the pastel yellow planetary flag of my ancestral home Eriadu flies beside its resplendent crimson and white Alderaanian sister. Flanking her other side is the new Imperial Galactic Coalition flag bearing the marvellous burgundy Starbird flying over striking black Gears. The striking aquamarine tiger of Serenno vigilantly guards us all. Wisdom and love shall guide us to the delight of Fashioner of Stars and His Son, Lord of Might!'
    'This is not a disingenuous hoax. Fashioner of Stars created the Force as an aid to us. It limps along seeking mending and affection. Do you feel it? Let us help one another and shrew forth compassion that contentions and tumults halt!'
    Drained of words, Wilhuff goes silent. From his place at his side, Toru Fireheart gently grasps the shaking hands, soothing them to steadiness as he radiates satisfaction and pleasure to the younger man through the Force.
    With grave dignity, Wilhuff hooks Hannah's arm and advances with measured pace before Leia. Disengaging from each other, the Tarkins gracefully kneel at the young Princess' feet then bow deeply at the waist long moments before Hannah rouses to present the Princess of Alderaan with a single vivid feather of a rainbowtail, Eriadu's most rare and beautiful bird.
    Once the feather lies across her palms, Leia smiles down at the couple before kissing it. Pinning the rainbowtail feather in her hair, the Princess acknowledges: 'As our brother Eriadu honours us with a gesture of great price, so Alderaan does in return.'
    Nodding, Leia indicates for a young bronze-toned male Alderaanian to come forth. Obeying, he extends out to the couple a large intricately craved chalice brimming with water from the freshwater Glass Sea.
    Bowing gallantly, Wilhuff defers his right of place to his wife and Hannah flashes a smile at Bail Organa and his persevering daughter before lightly brushing her husband's prominent cheek bone affectionately with delicate fingertips.
    Hannah's string of zaladarki pearls glistens in the light of Alderaan's sun as she sips from the ceremonial cup. Desiring that all witness that the Tarkins strive to be just, she summons: 'Drink, most noble stag from the scared pool of Alderaan. Only together shall the Rose's innocence combined with thy naturalness lead our Peoples forward into the radiant dawn Fashioner of Stars has blest us with.'
    Deeply moved, Wilhuff nevertheless regards the Organas questioningly.
    Dressed in his rich grey Alderaanian finery including a full-length cape lined with crushed black velvet, Bail executes a sweeping hand gesture causing his cape to rustle as he declares: 'It is well.'
    'Most gracious, Viceroy. Princess.' Closing his eyes, Wilhuff offers a prayer of rejoicing and pleading before following his wife's example and sipping from the chalice.

End Part I

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Fantastic action packed interlude and delightful chapter 4. Wilhuff is eloquent and marvy in a starfighter. ;)

11. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Nice imagery.

Would have reviewed sooner but it's easier to read this using Tapatalk at times.

Now it's time for me to consider closing my eyes and sleeping.

12. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Thanks, Ny. [:D] Yes, he is. [face_love]

Thank you. :)

Interlude: Shifting Winds

The Alliance to Restore the Republic, Remnant of the Confederation of Independent Systems, Aspirants of Fashioner of Stars—Fireheart and Kolor'tharas' organisation, and the Galactic Empire have coalesced into the Imperial Galactic Coalition. The Imperial Ruling Council is terminated. In it's stead, Princess Leia Organa of Alderaan, Count Dooku of Serenno, Mentor Toru Fireheart of Kaladron, and Wilhuff Tarkin of Eriadu are the duly elected head representatives of this expansive new governmental body. The bulk of Coalition citizens bear no resentment that their Principal Leaders are all Human or Near-Human.

Directly beneath them is the Advisory Council consisting of one Advisor from twenty of the most vital and prosperous non-Human species within the Coalition. In order to be eligible for consideration for this appointment the Bothans have agreed to abolish the practice of Ar’krai. The Ryn have willingly stopped all sabotage, espionage, and subversive information gathering practices. The Yuuzhan Vong are in the process of conforming to the religious and moralistic tenants of the Aspirants of Fashioner of Stars. The Mon Calamari and Quarren have agreed to not seek revenge on one time Imperial oppressors. In due course, all these species gain place on the Advisory Council.

The Galactic Senate has been fully re-instated and 1 billion individual inhabited systems and organisations are represented with new ones petitioning to join the Coalition and gain Senate representation regularly. Each Coalition member is semi-autonomous. In order to gain entry into the Coalition a system or organisation's populace has to agree by a 4/5ths majority vote to conform to Coalition Morality Standards. If a petitioning body fails this, they are refused admittance and classified as Off Limits to contact with Coalition members. Kamino, Mandalore, Mustafar, the Trade Federation, and the Techno Union are a few examples. Systems so designated may reapply for inclusion every three years if they have gained the needed requirements to do so.

Admiral Yularen’s trio of
    Venator-class Star Destroyers have been successfully modified. Each one into a different class of Star Protectorate prototype—this being a proposed ship line for the Imperial Galactic Coalition. Spirit of the Wolf is now a Nurturer-class envoy vessel, Redeemer is now a Benign-class transport, and Negotiator is now a Resolution-class preventive vessel. Wullf is a senior member of the Imperial Diplomatic Corps and he and his personnel divide their time between mediating terms of inclusion into the Coalition and putting out brush fires caused and fanned by extremist elements within the Core.

The Ambush of Bilbringi decimates the battle group consisting of Star Destroyers:
    Invincible, Indomitable, Peremptory, Predominant, Spirit of the Republic, Virulence, Widowmaker, Peerless, and Impenitent. The superior numbers of a combined fleet of frigates, starfighters, and assault craft attached to crime lords displeased that their businesses are now threatened, proving insurmountable.

This grave loss coupled with the abysmal miscalculation that resulted in the Verpine Annihilation and the recent rash of trade school and training academy bombings and riots, causes Leia to convene an emergency session of the Principal Leaders and Advisory Council.

Dark eyes flashing with intensity, Leia addresses the gathered: 'The Force is with us, Comrades. Yet, we must shore up our protective measures. Our mass purging of technology is leaving us vulnerable.

'I propose a substantial increase of scout and security patrols on all training and educational facilities. I likewise press for the production of the proposed 20 classes of Star Protectorate vessels to be advanced. Our youths and other citizens deserve safety. That's what this whole long difficult path is about, agreed?'

She touches gazes with the twenty-three other beings encircling the conference table with her.

'Agreed.' The masculine voices concur.

Toru comments: 'This is the greatest test of resolve we have faced since the fledging Coalition's tenuous founding. This slew of senseless deaths is indeed grievous, but, we must remain steady in our convictions. We mustn't cater to our base violent tendencies. We have crafted a worthy foundation through mutual labour and growth. Don't permit a moment's rage to demolish it.

'To assist in stemming the riots and terror attacks, I will pledge twenty Aspirant interceptor squadrons. However, their main goal shall ever be winning compliance through non-violent means. Their armaments will be non-lethal. I have innocent blood I have been cleansed of, I don't intend to invalidate Great One Above's mercy.'

Again hearing Fireheart's frank honesty regarding past follies, Wilhuff feels his heart urge him anew to leave public leadership and seek religious purification.

Patting the older man's shoulder, he reiterates: 'Fireheart's words are wise and call to remembrance that none here are innocent of blood. Yet, we, with Fashioner of Stars' blessing, are choosing to forsake that destructive path. Discernment and wisdom, my siblings. That's what we need as we go forward.'

The Military Branch of the Coalition undergoes extensive revision, reduction, and restructuring. Because the Coalition's purpose is protection, not warfare, it is re-branded the Securities Division.

Soro Suub Corporation, Kuat Drive Yards, Corellian Engineering Corporation, Rendili StarDrive, Sluis Van Shipyards, and all Coalition engineering and space or vessel manufacturers have erected many millions of reclamation, raw material stripping, and mineral mining plants throughout Coalition Territories. This vastly improves the efficiency of deconstructing and refining the uses of the myriad materials found within the continuous flood of seized starfighters, picket ships, tanks, corvettes, and frigates that join their already abandoned and slagged warrior kin.

In compliance with the Coalition's mandate that genetically altered or engineered crops and foodstuffs be halted and destroyed, Core Crops Corporation, Galactic Moon Processing, and all Coalition food processing conglomerates and agricultural businesses have recalled all synthetic or genetically-altered products.
    The food processing and restaurant corporations lead the charge to accelerate the ecological surveys and restoration projects which include the planting of vast fields, orchards, and fruit groves. They craft numerous harvesting plants and storage warehouses. Two billion more purification plants are opened. Reforestation of large swathes of land occurs.

The Department of Energies increases efficiency and availability of geothermal energy as a power source.

All livestock operations convert to natural raising conditions.

1/5 of all taverns in Coalition Space have closed. The establishments in this avenue of the food industry now strictly enforce a consumption limit fostering the growth of sobriety and the decrease of nuisance, petty damage, and misconduct.

Clothiers and textile makers likewise recall all partially or wholly synthetic products.

All forms of espionage, gambling, bounty hunting, and information brokering is outlawed.

The Chiss Expansionary Fleet has located and dismantled Centrepoint Station. Claiming all salvageable materials. The Kolor'tharas' and Pupil Drask travel home to Csilla in the Unknown Regions desirous of aiding their people in ending the blood feud that has developed with the insectoid Killik. Which has ravaged the order of Chiss society at a critical point of reform idealism due to entire House Phalanxes becoming Joiners against their volitions.

Thimen is relieved that his years with Mentor Toru have assisted him in reigning in a highly passionate and responsive nature because everywhere he dares appear publicly with his 'barbarous contaminations' within the Chiss Ascendency, he is rawly reminded of his kind's xenophobic tendencies.

In the ensuing six moons, the Aspirants' envoy team is augmented by an Imperial Diplomatic Team in helping guide the Chiss through needed societal, sociological, and moralistic shifts including the recognition of life-bonding via marriage and the structure of the familial unit with equal recognition of merit or heart adoptives.

It takes another two years of labour-intensive negotiating for the Chiss-Killik Treaty to be hammered out and accepted. A hard-won aspect of this is the Chiss reluctantly ceding to terminate all parasite bomb production and dispersal. During this long mission on Csilla, Vomkor gives birth to triplets. Shiveki is ecstatic in the arrival of his younger brothers and like his sire is very protective and devoted to them.

Within the same span, tens of thousands of the galaxy’s top kingpins including those attached to Black Sun, the Hutt Syndicates, and the Smugglers' Alliance are arrested and detained at Carida. Members of the Imperial Diplomatic Corps strive to reason with them regarding going legitimate working for the Coalition. Individuals that agree must comply with a long list of restrictions on future activity and conduct. One of the only individuals cooperating with them is Talon Karrade.

Those that rebuff conforming—which is the majority—are either held at Carida or the most notorious individuals with particularly ruthless and bloody histories are executed. Their resources and goods catalogued and dealt with accordingly.

All remaining clones, cloning facilities, technologies, records, cylinders, labs, and warehouses are located, cleansed, and destroyed. Palpatine's Secret Files are wiped from all records and systems.

Coalition Pharmaceuticals, a newly created corporation that is tasked with and responsible for public health and medicinal treatment dispensation is overseeing the termination of all biological experimental weapons testbeds, jammer viruses, and technologies not linked to vessels or droids deemed unsuitable for Coalition use. These include: synthetic drugs, stimulants, toxins, contaminants, negative-stimulation transmitters, radiation bombs, Trihexalophine1138, choke-collars, and vertigon gas.

The Research and Development Branch of the Coalition ensures that all remaining droid manufacturing and merchandising ceases. All associated knowledge, files, and other records are permanently purged. All remaining droid and robotics-related businesses are closed.

Businesses like Arakyd Industries, Rim Securities, Tendrando Arms, Starfront Health Corporation, and Reiber Manufacturing are only required to close their droid and toxin divisions. Other electronic goods like datapadds and navigational systems are still permitted.

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Fantastic, and widescale reforms, restructuring, and restoration. =D= =D= I especially applaud the Yuuzhan Vong and the Chiss cooperative measures. And I really like the tone of the changes: protective and preventive. @};- Dismantling cloning facilities and war armaments - great first steps. Having applicant systems need to agree with a 4/5 majority to be admitted, a wise and sensible provision of membership. [face_thinking]

14. Malcolm Reynolds

Malcolm Reynolds Jedi Master star 5

Sep 2, 2013
    another beautiful chapter=D=

15. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Lots of changes for the galaxy.

16. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I am all caught up now. And can only say wow. How nice to have so many bits of EU and film lore weaved together in a way that feels very much like the universe.

Okay, I will say as an extremely rusty SW fan fiction writer / reader, I presume AU means Alternate Universe?

=D= Lovely work Cushy, would love to see more interaction between Tarkin and Dooku.

Ewok Poet and Cushing's Admirer like this.
  17. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Note: Shadows is currently on hiatus. Cushy is all sorts of mixed up and needs to sort stuff out. Thank you for the support. [:D]

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Cushing's Admirer - you know you can always share whatever you need to. We'll be ready for your great stuff whenever. [face_batting] [:D]

19. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Thanks, Ny. [:D]@};-

Note: Cushy has done a lot of thinking the last few days. I have managed to sort several story-related issues out and other things are in the process of mending. The next Interlude and several later sections are partially written. My posting will go through erratic spurts and dips due to stress level and because my muse jumps around a lot among plot points.

Kahara and Nyota's Heart like this.
  20. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    But I like gambling Cushy :p Agreed as a whole though, games of chance are as addictive and financialy dangerous as almost any substance use. I absolutely love the reformation process and Yularen's cameo. :)

21. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Thanks, Rex. :)

I like Wullf too. I like writing male elders. :p :D

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  22. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Interlude: Momentum

The reforms are picking up speed as more Coalition members buckle down and actively contribute to the goings-on. The Galactic Senate has instated a new allowance: two hundred and fifty inhabited systems may now be within a single Sector. This has provided challenging work for star mappers, merchants, suppliers, and spacers.

A combined force of
    Mankvim-814s, Spearheads, Coralskippers, and Aethersprites are augmented by the Star Protectorates Maturation and Committed Loyalist in an effort to break the blockade of Corellia. The intense engagement lasts three days but the Coalition succeeds in freeing the Corellians, Drall, and Selonians from possible invasion and oppression. With the troublesome ones bested, the Corellian Trade Spine and Corellian Run are restored as avenues of commence and exchange of commodities.

The Noghri have returned to their home world of Honoghr. As part of the reparations to this species in recognition of unfair enslavement and oppression, the Principal Leaders of the Coalition have agreed to let the planet be and only return it's presence upon star maps when the Noghri determine it permissible.

Thisspiasians, Iskalonians, Ithorians, the Gran, Nelvaanians, and the Chiss Ascendancy are among those amid foundational shifts in perception and practice as new members of the Coalition. Being very nature-conscious the lupine Nelvaanians and the semi-shark-like Ithorians form cooperative units attached to Research and Development and Coalition Pharmaceuticals specialising in creating medicinal bandages, ointments, oils, salves, lotions, and capsules. These teams strip all synthetics from bacta production. These natural and biodegradable concoctions treat a wide range of conditions and aliments from mild skin irritations to critical wounds and fractured or broken bones.

Hyperspace lanes and trade routes are no longer allowed to be used as battle corridors and any that defy this are arrested.

All remaining types of Self Propelled Heavy Artillery Turbolasers, Self-Propelled Medium Artillery Turbolasers, assault craft, grenades and associated launchers, radiation and biological warfare agents, and destroyers have joined their ilk in becoming slag and being stripped of metals, minerals, and all elements that can be put to other uses.

All cloaking and stealth technologies are stripped, destroyed, and outlawed. All talismans and idols are utterly destroyed and alchemy is outlawed. All forms of torture are outlawed. Privateering is outlawed. All nightclubs are closed and further ones are outlawed.

Surveillance and information-gathering practices have been vastly modified and the populace of the Coalition has fool-proof checks in place so their leaders can't abuse these capacities without being held accountable.

Notorious prisons including the Citadel, Prism, Pinnacle Keep, and the world of Kessel have their occupants moved to freshly built detention and holding facilities throughout Coalition Space. These relics of bygone brutality are demolished.

Now that the purging of many aspects of society are well underway, the Coalition turns it's endeavours to production, creation, and growth. Hundreds of extragalactic astronomic observation posts are constructed and deployed within Wild Space and the fringes of the Unknown Regions.

Thousands of universities, libraries, and places of learned study are built. Sapients of all types and ages delight in coming together to impart or gain productive knowledge.

Hundreds of systems build new orbital shipyards and repair yards. Hundreds of thousands more have surface salvage yards and new refinement and processing centres. Civilian infrastructure is being greatly stabilised and increased. Communications towers are being constructed with great efficiency and skill.

Linguistics is an ever-increasingly popular course of study among the young and the inquisitive as are branches of natural science like ecology, oceanography, botany, biology, and zoology. Evolution is NOT taught within Coalition borders.

Manufacturing of natural goods and related industries are flourishing.

All production, selling, and ownership of the nineteen variants of TIE vessel has ceased. Twenty-six classes of Star Destroyers have been permanently halted and stripped of vital materials.

The
    Venator-class has been heavily modified into the 1,100 metre Innocuous-class exploratory vessel, a class of Star Protectorate.

These are the others:
    Unifier—12.5 metres—five-winged interceptor; Pacifier—125 preventive vessel; Inquisitive—27 metres—scout; Mollifer—200-metres preventive vessel; Shelterer—575 metres—defensive vessel; Primer—70 metres scout; Vitality—1,250 metres medical ship; Entreaty—300 metres envoy vessel; Conveyance—25 metres shuttle; Validity—100 metres submersible scientific research transport; Staunch—700 metres defensive vessel; Wheatear—475 metres exploratory vessel; Arachnid—77 metres exploratory vessel; Resolution—2,000 metres preventive vessel; Benign—1,425 metres transport; Replenisher—1,000 metres supply vessel; Agility—17 metres interceptor; Energetic—3,100 metres transport; Nurturer—2,750 metres envoy vessel.

Some vessels and vehicles including the E-Wing, X-Wing, AT-ST, AT-TE,
    Sentinel-class landing craft, Lambda-class shuttle, Aethersprite-class interceptor, N-1, Snowspeeder, and the Howelrunner increase production. The Headhunter is renamed the Communicator. All recalled models and newly produced ones are modified so their armour plating or hulls are strengthened. Likewise, shield generators and deflector shield strength is improved.

Certain aspects like concussion missile launchers and ion cannons are completely removed form the designs. The
    Aethersprite is modified so it is hyperdrive equipped. X-Wings no longer rely upon astromechs and are equipped with hyperdrives.

The
    Dependable-class is a Coalition medium escort vessel. The Seizure-class is a new Inderdictor Cruiser employed to capture opposing crafts and beings of interest without bloodshed.

Since being recognised formally by the Galactic Senate, the religious organisation: Aspirants of the Fashioner of Stars has grown substantially. Fireheart and Kolor'tharas have set the example that they do not shun anyone in regards to ancestry or original belief system if the individual proves willing to strive to learn and adapt to the established conduct standards. Senior leaders and teachers entitled Mentors are entrusted with guiding the new seekers. When an individual is called, Mentors joyously baptise them. Among their number are descendants of the Massassi, Legions of Lettow, Stargazers, Star Lancers, and Taung Shadow Warriors as well as beings from the Stygian Caldera and Dromund Kaas.

An Aspirant settlement is called a sanctuary. They are set up for the most part like rural villages. They often have large parks and natural areas. Aspirants don't shun technology on the whole but they aren't keen on weapons and they enjoy physically-intensive activities.

In an effort to assist and augment the purification, redemption, and restoration projects of the Coalition, Aspirant sanctuaries are springing up and being settled in diverse locales. Such as
    Sanctuary of Meditation on Korriban, Sanctuary of Coordination on Kothlis, Sanctuary of Seekers on Zoist, and Sanctuary of Productivity on Adumar. Sanctuary of Resilience on Kaladron remains Fireheart's home base.

Excavations on Korriban and Zoist have unearthed hundreds of ancient Deathstalker vessels and Cloud Chaser vehicles. These are shipped to Kaladron's Malachite Processing Station to be dismantled and stripped of materials. The cache of Forcesabres located is slagged with all aspects disposed of.

An Aspirant scout vessel makes the highly unexpected discovery of an aeons-old hypergate. Following hot dispute among the Senate and Advisory Council it is determined that it is to be dismantled and melted down so no one will be tempted to harness it's corruptive power.

Thimen's personal workroom—Csilla

Setting before a personal communications console, Thimen hails the
    Sanctuary of Resilience.

Toru's whiskered visage coalesces before him: 'Cha'labar, it is good to see you. How may I be of service?'

Inclining his head respectfully, Thimen answers: 'Likewise, Mentor. My current mission has been concluded. As ridiculous as it may seem, I want to come home.'

Solid chocolate eyes study gleaming ruby ones. Expression very fond and tone mildly taken aback, Toru murmurs: 'You don't need my permission, Cubling. However, I shall welcome you and your clan's return.

'Much has changed since you departed back to the glaciers of Csilla.'

Chirping lyrically in a manner Thimen has never heard before, Toru beckons for someone to join him. Hesitantly, a handsome Nomilar dog a shade shorter than the Kaladroni and stockier of build glides into the view of the transmission field as he embraces Toru. His flowing mane is lustrous black, his long fur a striking combination of slate grey-blue and his points being soot grey. His spinal bone plates are ivory-shaded matching his fangs and retractable claws. The tail is long and feathered. Thimen notes that a silver stud gleams from one broad roundly erect ear as the dog nuzzles Toru's neck.

It mirrors the sapphire stud within his Mentor's own ear. Thimen is pleased as he observes the pair silently.
    It is well. You have had little companionship since you lost your first family in the face of Reptillious' flames.

The Chiss is aware that Kaladroni and Nomilar often forge pair-bonds. However, he had thought his Mentor would walk a solitary path due to his widowerhood. He is gladdened to see otherwise.

'He is your zay'cha?' Thimen inquires.

Straightening, the Nomilar dog attired in brocade black tunics and leggings with ice-white trim at the collar and cuffs comes to stand directly beside Fireheart. 'I am now a son of House Fireheart. My name is Gleeful One but I shall always cherish Wise One's name for me...' Trailing off, the dog colours and grows contrite as though concerned he has said too much.

Smiling at the dog, Toru kneads the taut shoulders as he encourages: 'Go on, tell your brother before you burst at the seams.'

Large leaf-shaded eyes sparkle as Gleeful One exclaims happily: 'I am his Beloved Pup as you are his Treasured One. We are siblings!'

'I greet you in peace, Brother.' Thimen responds before grinning.

'To formally answer you, Cha'labar, yes, Gleeful One is my zay'cha. We found each other eighteen moons past. It is good to no longer be alone. At last, I feel complete again. You lads have my heart always.'

Hearing five sets of footfalls approach, Thimen purrs faintly in greeting. He fairly melts upon feeling Vomkor gently massage his shoulders as the curious younglings cluster around the terminal. Thimen suppresses a sigh at seeing his grand introduction go up in smoke but satisfaction fills him when the oldest of the triplets declares: 'Grandfather Toru has a zay'cha! He will be happy now!'

The pair of men on the other end chuckle. 'Who is that lovely knowledgable scamp?' Toru asks.

Moments later, Thimen is cradling his second son on his lap.

The male cubling is striking to look at. His form is generally a miniature replica of his father but he posses solid ebony eyes, pristine white very close to the skin fur that reminds Toru of velvet, and his hair is lustrous blue-black.

'I say, Thimen, your People have it right when they say white hair is an indication of siring exceptional offspring. You are nearly fully ice-haired now and your son is gorgeous. What's your name, Darling?'

The white cubling remains quiet uncertain how to respond.

'Because he was granted dark solid eyes similar to you, Vomkor and I determined that we'd like you to name him, Mentor.'

Touched, Toru leans in close to the transmitter: 'Is that all right with you, Precious?'

The white cubling considers gravely several moments then nods enthusiastically while bouncing on his father's knee.

The elder and cubling converse mentally for minutes. Reaching agreement, Toru winks at the lad.

'I dub thee: Harmony Kolor'tharas.'

Hours pass as the old friends catch up.

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful developments. :) Rain Prancer. How gorgeous! Love the warm caring tone between Toru and Thimen.

24. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    Wonderful Entry as always Cushy! :D

25. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Thank you for reading! [:D]

Interlude: Memories

The spacious ball room is tastefully schemed in cobalt, midnight, and pewter. The white marble dance floor possesses an ornate luminescent royal blue spiral mosaic pattern. Cobalt ceiling fans circulate the air as various beings in formal attire stand in clustered groups conversing as they sip from delicately carved glasses or engage in animated discourse around polished tables of rosewood.
    The admirals look stately in their dress whites. All the ladies present are in silk, velvet, or felt full-length evening gowns with white or grey elbow-length gloves. The pilots are fine-looking in their formal purples. The remaining senior officers are garbed in ebony uniforms. Junior officers and stormtroopers are wearing various shades of blue.

The alabaster-pelted Kushiban, Ikrit, prances and weaves around his Zabrak friend with equal finesse as the Humanoids, such as the agile and elegant Tarkins, execute a spirited and flawless tango to the rhythmic beat of the full orchestra. Guiding Hannah through the passionate steps and spins, Wilhuff grins as his lady moves in perfect compliment with him. Music mellowing to a close, Hannah is pressed lightly to his chest and she kisses him deeply as she strokes his hip.

'That was fabulous, my Rose. Dancing with you is positively invigorating. Truly, I cannot think of a better way to conclude my career. You have stood at my side through more than anyone should've ever been subjected to. Particularly, an innocent soul such as you. I shall always be grateful, My Lady.'

Wilhuff bows formally to Hannah before raising her gloved hand within his own to brush it with his lips gallantly.

Moved profoundly by her husband's manner, Hannah cups his aquiline features within a gloved hand, stroking Wilhuff's unique profile contours before curtsying formally. 'The honour has been mine, Dignified Sir.'

As Wilhuff escorts her back to their candle adorned table, Hannah notes several women raking her husband's form enviously. However, she simply purrs proudly secure in the fact that Wilhuff will never stray.

Hannah smiles in satisfaction as she sees Wilhuff fill his plate with several strawberries, ruby-peel apple slices, a slice of cornbread, and a large vegetarian salad topped with croutons. In spite of the importance of the occasion, her man's appetite isn't dampened by nerves. Following a few hearty bites of salad, Tarkin dabs his mouth with a linen napkin.

He is about to praise the delicious meal when his eyes grow large as saucers and he grows sickly pale as a strangled gurgle emerges from his throat. Then, before he can gain his feet and flee, Wilhuff retches violently repeatedly, his lean sinewy form quivering mightily for minutes even once everything that can be expelled from his system has been.

His brow and hairline is damp with perspiration, he moans piteously as he sags to the floor in a nearly boneless heap of exhaustion. His blue eyes dart glassily this way and that, as though terrified some horrific predator will spring upon him at any moment.

A spike of abject terror sizzling through the Force, Hannah, Demothi, and Toru all see a healthy green-grey scaled reptiloid Trandoshan snap the neck of his crustacean meal, causing a spray of black blood to splatter his tan and white flightsuit as he devours the fresh meat at the same time that Tarkin becomes violently ill and lost in a stupor of shock.

Both men nod to their companions by way of excusing themselves from the startled discourses once again stirring within the great hall.

With gracefully fluid movements both caped men stride over to their distraught comrade. Hannah is upon the floor tenderly cradling her husband to her but Wilhuff's wiry body continually twitches and his terrified mumbling is soft and incomprehensible.

Kneeling, Toru regards Hannah gravely. Rich baritone possessing his rumbling undercurrent, the Kaladroni inquires: 'Do you trust that Great One Above can cleanse your husband of all taint? That He can banish all dread and that we two,' Toru nods at Demothi, 'may help guide his path of mending?'
    While Fireheart speaks with Lady Tarkin, Dooku cautiously gathers the shuddering mess that is Wilhuff Tarkin against his long torso. Well aware how tactility anchors the other, Demothi nearly growls in frustration that he can't soothe his friend by stroking his hair or massaging his shoulders. However, Dooku brightens when Wilhuff nuzzles his chest and sighs his name as the intense emotional storm ebbs.

Purring soothingly, Demothi murmurs: 'I am here, my friend. I shan't depart your side until you tell me too.'

With Wilhuff's permission, Dooku levitates the lighter man via the Force then carefully causes him to settle within his arms. Wilhuff holds onto his dear friend securely but without desperation as Dooku departs the Ball Room in search of Tern Infirmary.

Offering a bracing hand to Lady Tarkin, Toru escorts her to the infirmary knowing better than to attempt separating the raven and ash-haired beauty from her bondmate at such a critical time.

The following fortnight is the most intense period of Wilhuff Tarkin's life. The fact that the three men completely miss their decommissioning ceremony is inconsequential in comparison to what they witness in it's place: the brilliant and intensive dawning of Wilhuff's Conversion Path.

He explains that it is due to the brutal and inhumane 'survival training' he was forced to endure on Eriadu as a young lad that he has consciously become a vegetarian, promising that another creature's lifeblood shan't ever touch his lips.

Though Toru and Demothi both show him that eating some flesh is permissible, the older men relent at Wilhuff's horror and distress. 'It is wrong for you at this time. Thus, maintain eating the produce and plants.' Toru soothes gently, patting a narrow shoulder as Wilhuff wilts in profound relief against Demothi's chest.

Resting a sandstone-shaded hand upon Tarkin's head, Fireheart asks a prayer of protection and peace. Just as the Kaladroni is preparing to leave, Wilhuff rouses. A fervent light burns within his deep-set eyes. 'Until the last few days, I did not understand that the Force and belief in Fashioner of Stars and Lord of Might, coincide.

'I realise now my place was never in the military or in the political sphere. My heart urges me to forsake this drab path and begin afresh. Seeking clarity, growth, and to mend others with Great One's guidance.

'My personal vessel, which the fine people of the Coalition have granted me, shall become a medical sanctuary of the highest order.'

Gazing earnestly at those with him, Wilhuff asks: '
    Mildness' modifications are nearly completed. Will you fellows honour me yet again in accompanying me on this quest for healing?'

Both men nod assent.

Tension fleeing as his mind finally relaxes, Wilhuff sags against Demothi as relieved tears course down his stark cheeks. Minutes later, Hannah and Toru are dozing on either side of the cot as Demothi cradles his sensitive one close as serene dreams take flight for them all.