main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Memorable Melodies Roulette - Number 14 - You're my Inspiration.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Adalia-Durron , Sep 20, 2020.

1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    You’re the Inspiration

Chicago

You know our love was meant to be
    The kind of love to last forever
    And I want you here with me
    From tonight until the end of time
    You should know
    Everywhere I go
    Always on my mind
    In my heart
    In my soul
    Baby

You're the meaning in my life
    You're the inspiration
    You bring feeling to my life
    You're the inspiration
    Want to have you near me
    I want to have you hear me saying
    "No one needs you more than I need you"

And I know (And I know)
    Yes I know that it's plain to see
    So in love when we're together
    Now I know (Now I know)
    That I need you here with me
    From tonight until the end of time
    You should know (Yes, you need to know )
    Everywhere I go
    You're always on my mind
    You're in my heart
    In my soul

You're the inspiration
    You're the inspiration
    Want to have you near me
    (No one needs you more than I)
    Want to have you near me
    (No one needs you more)
    You're the inspiration
    You're the inspiration

When you love somebody
    'Til the end of time
    When you love somebody
    Always on my mind / No one needs you more than I
    When you love somebody
    'Til the end of time
    When you love somebody
    Always on my mind / No on needs you more than I

Once again my fav pairing and its self indulgent, I am very aware of it, but I have 30 years of these two mentally written!

“I need an explanation Colonel, your work is shoddy, your concentration span is nano seconds these days and you look like you’re not sleeping, eating or doing any of the basic things needed to stay alive.” Adam snapped, his hands on his hips as he faced his counterpart on the Oracle base. “I can run this place, you know that, but this is meant to be a joint effort and I’ve given you leeway, but this is ridiculous. You want me to take Command? You know I’ll do it.”

The woman seated at her desk, her head on it with hands clasped over it did not answer. She simply gave her head a shake. Adam sighed deeply as he removed his hands and used them to close her office door a little. “Ok Addie, I got the official part out the way, talk to me before someone out there reports you again and you lose everything. You ran off the flightdeck to throw up, have you seen a medtech? Are you ill? What is going on?” He moved forward slightly. “Talk to me.” He pleaded.

Her mind was a mess, her body exhausted, her soul being torn apart. “What do you want me to say?” She lifted her head. “What do you want to hear?” She asked in a desperate voice. “I’m not ill, lovesick maybe.” She waved her hand dismissively.

Adam sighed as he knew her situation. “Does he know how you feel? Have you told him? Is that what this is all about?” he asked gently.

A quick shake of her head as she stood and spun to face the transparisteel view port where in the distance she could see the Vergasso Asteroid System. “No. I couldn’t, I can’t. I want to, but I can’t and I’m not even sure why.” She confessed. “I guess rejection is a real threat, and I can’t face that.”

Pursing his lips Adam knew he either got her to open up or whoever out there who had been reporting her mistakes was going to take it over his head and out of his control. Some of the reports were to warn him, but he knew there were malicious ones too. She needed to purge her internal turmoil, free herself from the torment that was torturing her soul. “Do you realise I have 11 reports on my desk and some are from members of your own team Addie, you need to tell me what’s going on, you need to tell him how you feel.” He said firmly.

Adalia spun to look at her best friend, the only man she’d ever trusted till a few months ago. Adam knew her like a brother would know his sister, he was just that to her. They were a team, a formidable team at that but right now she was the weak link. “To what end?” She demanded. “He’s there, I’m here, and aside from a few ……..” she didn’t even know what to call whatever it was they were doing was, “rendezvous, there’s nothing. He’s not said it, I’ve not said it….” She turned back to the viewport. “This is my problem.”

Adam frowned. “Problem? I don’t think falling in love is a problem Addie, that’s a bit of an exaggeration. Inconvenience maybe. I’m willing to bet if you took the chance, you’d find its not one sided.” His tone softened.

“How do you know how I feel? How he feels?” She asked quietly.

“I don’t, but you can tell me what is going on with you.” Adam heard the faintest of sounds and glanced behind him, his eyes widening slightly. Putting his finger to his lips he invited the guest in encouraging silence.

“Tell you what Adam?” She continued to stare out into the vast void between the station and the asteroid field. “That I’m desperately in love? He inspires me? He feeds my soul? He gives my life meaning, more meaning than I thought possible? Why can’t I tell him any of this?” She wrapped her arms over her body essentially embracing herself as she controlled her emotions. That had become a struggle of late, and it was harder to read others when she was so focused on her own control. “I don’t want to be out here anymore, I want……..no….I need him, but I know I can’t have what I want or need, not this time.” She looked down to her floor. “I can’t even tell him any of that, I am so scared of his reaction, no, I’m terrified. But that’s not the worst of it.” She looked back the distance rolling field. “I have to break it off now before it destroys me, he can’t know. I have to go home and hide. That’s what I’ve been wrestling with, my 20-year career is over, that’s why I’m off my game, that’s what’s going on.” She paused and swallowed hard to fight but the threatening tears. “I can’t stay here anymore…….” Her voice almost a whisper now, “I’m pregnant.” She confessed. Behind her she heard the soft click of a door closing and she frowned. Did he just walk out as she was telling him her deepest secret and baring her soul to him? She turned in disbelief at her best friends’ actions.

“Pregnant?” He croaked out. Adam had abandoned him to her rantings and till the last confession he was on board with it all. Now all Kyp felt was shock. He blinked in disbelief. “I….we…I thought….we..” Nothing coherent was coming out.

Adalia gasped, sucking in a massive gulp of air as she stared in disbelief. Her lips trembled as she slowly let the breath out. “We did, I did…..it’s an accident……” she could see the shock on her face. He didn’t want this; it was clear and she’d known that which was why she planned to go away and do this alone. “What happened to Adam?” She was panicked now and looking for a subject change.

“I hardly think that’s the biggest thing going on right now.” Having gained control of his surprise, the idea of being a father had already begun to settle on his shoulders, and it was more comfortable than he’d expected.

Adalia clenched her fists. “I’m sorry. This wasn’t…..I mean you weren’t supposed……” She shook her head, “I’m sorry.” She felt sick, how long had he been there, how much had he heard? This was it; it was over but not the way she’d wanted it to be. It was going to hurt and break her but at least she had a reason to hang on, her hand slipped to her flat stomach. “You owe me nothing, I won’t ask for anything. I swear no one will ever know.” She felt weak and hoped he’d agree to her terms and just go, holding onto control was hard.

Kyp regarded her as she spoke, through the Force he felt her pain and didn’t understand it but her words quickly clarified that for him. She thought he didn’t want this, or her. He looked down and gave his head a shake. “Wow, I feel so under estimated.”

“Under….. huh? What?”

Moving forward he rounded her desk to join her, watching as she moved backward slightly. “I heard everything you said just now.”

Adalia felt the colour drain from her face. It’d never occurred to her he’d heard it all. “All….of…it?” she breathed painfully.

“All of it.” He reached forward and took her fisted hands in his, gently uncurling her fingers and lacing his with them. “And never have I ever felt so important.”

She stared but said nothing, she had no words. Her lips quivered with unspoken words.

“You need to know something. I came here to tell you that I couldn’t do this anymore, I can’t be this far from you anymore. I came to ask to help me find us a solution to this.” He watched as she went to speak, but he stopped her. “No, listen to me. I can’t work full time from here, but I can holo into meetings when necessary, I can operate from this base 50 or maybe 60% of the time. I came here to find out if that is what you want as well, to tell you….I love you …and to see if we can make a… us work.”

Adalia couldn’t fight her tears as they fell uncontrollably, surging forward she released his hands and wrapped her arms around his neck. She had no words, she just wanted to hold him as close as she could. He’d heard all her ramblings and knew her truths, knew her heart and still wanted it all.

“I’ll take this as a yes.”

She nodded, unable to form the words at first. Finally, she formed a single word. “Transfer.”

“You want one?”

Again, she nodded again. “To Coruscant, a desk job….for now.”

He buried his face into her neck, breathing in her scent deeply. “It’s a good start.”

For the record, in the time line. She miscarries in a week or so.. :(

Anedon likes this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh this was wonderful made more poignant by the eventual miscarriage, but a sweet reveal on each side, and Adam being the true friend that he is throughout. :)

3. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
  4. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    So this is the point where Adalia left to find a desk job. Sweet chapter of their relationship, tough made sad by the knowledge of what will happen in only a few days.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.