main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Emperor Palpatine's Inevitable Resurrection.

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by LastJediKnight, Dec 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Well this was his facebook last December.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

imperial scum likes this.
  2. Lord Exor

Lord Exor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2019
    It must feel nice knowing that your work was so influential on the future of Star Wars. Too bad about those paychecks though...

Didn't he also predict that Rey would be related to Palpatine without being privy to any spoilers? He was the closest of all the former EU authors to guessing the plot of TROS.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
  3. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Yes in a Syfy magazine interview.

4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I wonder if he wants to return to wrtie for Star Wars and if Lucasfilm wants him back. i mean his legends comic has now become the canon story after ROTJ.

5. Lord Exor

Sep 1, 2019
    I have a feeling that moving forward, we're going to receive increasingly direct adaptations of EU material.

imperial scum likes this.
  6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I don't know about direct but loose adaptions, I believe Filoni and Faveru has hinted at even KK with her new interview.

7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I wonder if Palpatine will have role to play in both animations and live actions tv shows that takes place post - ROTJ and pre - TFA.

8. QUIGONMIKE

QUIGONMIKE Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 5, 2009
    Good post. IMO, the saga does feel like it"ends" after ROTJ. Funny I just watched that last night and sure enough it feels over at that final scene. Arcs are complete. Luke at least has some satisfaction & resolves some family things, Han & Leia hookup, the bad guys went poof. I agree that in some ways things would be better off if the ST never existed. It doesn't really do much to advance any of our beloved characters. If anything it just kills them off and introduces us to a set of somewhat underwhelming and not very developed new characters. Meh.

I would have liked the ST to take place way far into the future with few or NO ties to any people or events from the prequels or the originals. That would have worked better for me. Just leave our established people out of it. And NO Palpatine regurgitation.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
    christophero30 likes this.
  9. Lord Exor

Sep 1, 2019
    Then why make it part of the same saga? That sounds like a new saga to me.

10. QUIGONMIKE

QUIGONMIKE Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 5, 2009
    Yeah, you’re right. That would have worked better in the long run I think. No need for the tie ins and killing off the existing characters. Just let them RIP per se. I think Disney was afraid of having no hookups to the PT/OT would have caused a drop in ticket sales or interest. Dunno if I agree with that though.

Its easy to say now but in hindsight if I would have known how the ST was going to turn out back then I would have much preferred a totally new trilogy far removed from anything currently deemed as canon. Like new everything with hardly a remark about anything from the original films.

Lord Exor likes this.
  11. Jedi_Fenrir767

Jedi_Fenrir767 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 16, 2013
    There should have been some stuff in the crawl we could have had some holos or say a history of the galaxy moving us forward using the OT characters. The moment they tossed Lucas’s stuff they should have just left the Skywalker Saga alone.

QUIGONMIKE likes this.
  12. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    If he was just sitting around for 30 years he definitely would've made another backup plan. Like wtf is stopping his spirit from going to another clone body?

13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    It has to be a force sensetive and one strong enough in the force. And he only manage to clone himself once and all others were failed clones but served a purpose like Palpatine jr and Snoke.

14. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Why have you resurrected a five year old thread when we have an active one about the very same subject?

Pro Scoundrel and Riv_Shiel like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.