main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Empire at War :Forces Of Corruption, I need help!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by QuiWanKenJin, Mar 10, 2017.

1. QuiWanKenJin

QuiWanKenJin Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2005
    Can someone help me out? I find the corruption options in this game very confusing. Does it matter what planet you set up a black market on? Like for example, will a black market on Kamino have better technology than say, a black market on Tatooine? If anyone knows, I would appreciate it. [face_dunno]

2. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    The main thing is to set up a Black Market on both an Alliance and Imperial world, in order to be able to acquire everything, beyond that, it doesn't really matter that much what you chose.

3. QuiWanKenJin

Oct 14, 2005
    Ah, I see. But what about pirate or Hutt controlled worlds? They don't have unique black markets?

4. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    No, only the Rebellion and Empire matter as far as a Black Market is concerned. There are also Piracy and Slaving options on some worlds that give access to an Alliance or Imperial unit or the suicide Ewok units from Endor, but they aren't critical to success.

5. QuiWanKenJin

Oct 14, 2005
    Ok, thank you. I had one other question, I assume the best strategy is to soften a planet up with corruption and then conquer them, but if you conquer a planet that you had corrupted, do you lose the benefit you are getting from its corruption?

6. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    No, that is exactly what you are supposed to do, corrupt a planet to gain a benefit, and to also see what is there, then conquer it. If you conquer a planet before corrupting it, it ends up with Racketeering or something like that, so all is not lost if you don't corrupt a planet first, but it is obviously preferable.

Many people consider the Zann Consortium to be Petroglyph's dream team, due to the corruption system and overpowered units like the Canderous-class assault repulsortank and the Keldabe-class battleship. I like the fact Mandalorian vehicles and ships were even used, though wish FoC wasn't completely centered on the Zann Consortium at the expense of some focus on the Galactic Civil War, which is why I ended up porting the vanilla EaW Galactic Conquest maps to FoC.

7. Darth__Lobot

Darth__Lobot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 29, 2015
    Download Thrawn's Revenge - install it... and never play vanilla Forces of Corruption again. It's like 1000x better

vncredleader likes this.
  8. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Isn't that also the name for a Sins of a Solar Empire mod?

9. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    Yes, by the same mod team.