main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Empire Day 17 - Star Wars unofficial UK Convention - Sunday 10/09/06

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by timbolton, Jul 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Konikus

Darth_Konikus Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Me and Koren wont be going :( as the clutch has gone on my motor and I cant afford to fix it yet.

2. Kassy

Kassy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 20, 2005
    Shame to hear that Matt & Loren might not make it, I was looking forward to seing them, can't we have a whip round to help them with donation for their clutch, as it won't be the same without them.

3. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    i'm driving up there,from essex via the m25...

4. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    There's no plan as such. Things are really up in the air for various different reasons, but I will be there at some point that's for sure!

5. Kiz-Joa_Janall

Kiz-Joa_Janall Jedi Youngling star 2

May 14, 2005
    Aaw Kassy :) , you are sweet.

6. Leia-Organa

Leia-Organa Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2005
    Hey guys!

I'm torn between empire day and the fetish festival this sunday. i guess i could try and do both.
    Is anyone meeting up to go to the empire day? i don't have any friends going up there, and its a big bad world and i don't want to be going alone. is anyone else catching the train up from central london?

Leia

7. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    fetish.
    festival?

8. Kiz-Joa_Janall

Kiz-Joa_Janall Jedi Youngling star 2

May 14, 2005
    What fetish festival? Do you mean love street?

9. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    she lives on love street,lingers long on love street...
    she has a house and garden,i'd like to see what happens...
    ah,makes you want to hop in the bath with your leathers and a bottle of jack daniels.

10. Leia-Organa

Jun 16, 2005
    that strangely sounds like a good idea at the moment, definetely in the right frame of mind for that!
    dont know much about the fetish festival yet. going with a friend. I can try get the details from her if you really want to know all about it

11. Kassy

Apr 20, 2005
    Leia.

I am coming up on the train via central London

12. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    I'm tempted to come by train rather then drive up as it'll probably be cheaper.
    It took me ages to find out what train company now operates the Cheshunt line, which is One and it doesn't look like there are any enginerring works which is a bonus.

From Liverpool Street station trains leave at xx28, xx43 and xx58 past the hour and take 30 mins.
    I'm not bothered by the early bird entry so wont get a train until about 11:28.

I might change my mind and go by car instead, but I hope this info helps :)

13. Leia-Organa

Jun 16, 2005
    heya

Thanks guys. i dont suppose we could organise to meet up at liverpool street station at a specific time then?

Leia

14. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    nah, that would be too easy :p

lol, sure we can. I think that is the best option. If we say meet for around 11:15am outside that famous Scottish Restaurant (Macdonalds). It should be easy to spot and there are some stairs next to it that lead out onto the main station area. Hopefully Steve will be okay with that too.

15. Leia-Organa

Jun 16, 2005
    good idea. i really am struggling with this whole not having a car thing. My car is still sitting in my parents garage back in Australia gathering dust :( How i miss the cool sea breeze throught my hair as i drove that red sports car thru the streets with the windows down and the stereo cranking. now i am reduced to the peak hour tube and its warm/stale air, and total lack of personal space :(

Anyways, enough about cattle herding. I'm looking forward to Sunday. not sure how long i will be there for though as fetish festival is on too. I will meet you at Mackers at 11am liverpool station on Sunday then. Keep your ears on cause i may end up lost and have to phone you. I have no idea where the mackers is, so hopefully i will spot it.

16. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    follow your nose.
    ahhh,i love the smell of macdonalds in the morning...
    it smells like victory.

17. Kassy

Apr 20, 2005
    No worries Leia, I shall look at the train schedule and any dreaded engineering works for Sunday (remember that I am coming 100 miles further than you guys just to get to Liverpools Street! but no worries. I will be there

18. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Well, I'm not working on Sunday, so I am able to attend.

19. Voren

Voren Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2002
    Hi

I should be sticking my head in the door at some point.

Hope to see you there!

Paul

20. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Will you be meeting us at around 11 Richie and Steve @ Liverpool st.??
    And if you're making your way to Liverpool st. via th tube, I believe when you exit the tube station, to your left you should see some stairs and at the top of them will be Maccy D's. Basically it's opposite platforms 1-5, sort of, but easy to spot ;)

See you there Paul, and everyone else :D

21. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    That seems fine.

22. Kassy

Apr 20, 2005
    Hey Matt, can we make it a meeting at Liverpool Street for 11.15am as that works out much better for me on my train timetable and saves me getting up about an hour and a half earlier also?!!!

23. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Sure, that's was the plan but it's safer to say 11 because then people wont be as late, lol. As it's the 11:28 train we'll be getting it wont be a problem.

24. major_phennir

major_phennir Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2006
    I might be on the same train as you guys although probably won't join it from Liverpool Street as its quicker for me to get the Victoria Line from Euston to Tottenham Hale or Seven Sisters and join the train there. If I can make it to Liverpool Street for the time stated, will see you there! :)

Btw, perhaps we could arrange a time to meet once we're all actually at the con in Cheshunt?

25. Kassy

Apr 20, 2005
    OK, any last minute ideas or developments b4 we meet at 11am tomorrow ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.