main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Empire Day 17 - Star Wars unofficial UK Convention - Sunday 10/09/06

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by timbolton, Jul 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fleeboy

Fleeboy Jedi Youngling star 2

May 6, 2001
    Free exclusive Hasbro Vader fig with every SW purchase over £10? Damn! And I just bought the Lego Star Wars game the other day and didn't get squat with it! The game is loads of fun though!

Great pics by the way!

2. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    it's not that crappy red darth vader,is it?
    i'm off to woolworths...

3. Fleeboy

Fleeboy Jedi Youngling star 2

May 6, 2001
    No, it's the VOTC vader... very sweet indeed...

here's a pic: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=256

4. CambridgeDan

CambridgeDan Jedi Youngling

Sep 16, 2006
    Good photos, do you have any others? in particular of Mike Savva as he was the only Jedi at the show and my crap camera blurred up most of my photos that day :( Thanks

5. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Not sure who Mike Savva is but as our photos show there were actually two Jedi present from Rebel Legion, lol.

6. CambridgeDan

Sep 16, 2006
    Mike Savva was one of the guests!!! LOL

He was the Naboo guard at the top of Episode 2 but was also a Jedi in Episode 3.

Did you guys go there blindfolded? haha

7. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Welcome to the boards CambridgeDan :)
    I don't think people can ever know everyone (guests) at an event tbh, I couldn't tell you that either.

8. CambridgeDan

Sep 16, 2006
    I only asked a question if there were other photos to share. Usually theres a list of the guests on the website or on all promotional materials so I disagree with you, visitors are in fact very aware of what guests are there, in fact I can confirm that.

Since you were not aware of who was there then I wonder why anyone would go! Unless its to get; a) photos with the dudes in fancy dress, b) show everyone your own fancy dress or c) just to see a certain guest(s). I would bet that all 3 of these actually occured! Im not going to bother asking what the point of going was then! Forget I mentioned anything.

9. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    hi cambridgedan.
    i chatted with the two guys who played naboo guards,having got one of thems auto'.
    i have to admit that i really wasn't bothered about who either of them played,i just loved one of the photos they had and so got it signed...
    they were very pleasant and friendly and chatty.

10. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    I went to Empire Day mainly to speak to Jason Joiner RE: Celebration Europe. He wants to know what the FanForce would like to see and what we can do to help.

I'm not an autograph collector and Empire Day is very geared up for the real SW autograph hunters so I didn't take much notice of the guests I'm afraid. I did have a great time with my fellow fanforcers though and got to see my Uncle, and I am a toy collector and got to see some nice stuff from the dealer section too :D

We didn't get any photos with Mike Savva I'm afarid. Not sure why we seemed to single out the Jabba puppeter, just kinda happened as he was a very nice guy. Showmasters might post some official pics soon, I saw Andrea (SM organiser) with her camera and she does post them on the SM board. Hope that helps :)

11. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    which one was mike savva?
    ;)

12. CambridgeDan

Sep 16, 2006
    You mean what does he look like or what did he do in the movie? The Empire Day website explains all that stuff LOL

If you sat in on the Prequel Q&A, he answered the question about stealing props from the sets! You missed the Q&A too? sigh LOL

13. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    I have sent you a PM Dan. My reasoning is partly what Lord Tice posted. I am not an autograph collector, so I scan the people attending but don't memorize the list of attendees. Hence my explanation above. Also, as a fan group ourselves, we attend conventions to show our commitment to fandom, advertise what we do, and support what these companies put on for us. But that does not mean knowing every guest, hence why I posted that I am sure not all our members know who you are asking photos for. I apologize if that is offensive, but it's simply an explanation and my reasoning why members here couldn't help you with your photo search. Thanks :D

14. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    hahaha,yeah... i missed most of the q&a sessions.
    i'm a bad fanboy!
    i deserve a smacked bottom.

15. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
  16. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Don't look at me, not into that sort of stuff Jamie, but I am sure we can find someone for you :p

17. Kiz-Joa_Janall

Kiz-Joa_Janall Jedi Youngling star 2

May 14, 2005
    Go on then, if I have to. [face_sick] LOL

18. Kassy

Kassy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 20, 2005
    Jamie -

To quote BLACKADDER II :-

A red hot poker up the jacksy [face_devil]

YOUR BOTTOM WILL WISH IT HAD NEVER BEEN BORN!!!

Blackadder II - The Baby eating Bishop of Bath & Wells

19. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    as played by ronald 'toht from raiders of the lost ark and the smarmy imperial general from star wars' lacey.
    top bloke!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.