main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Empire Day XVI: 26th Feb 2006

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by Lord-Tice, Dec 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    lol, let me think........ ;)
    Seriously, you didn't have to get me a pressie though, thanks very much :D [:D]
    I guess it may have to wait until the next meet in March though :(

2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Still debating whether its convinient to go since its my birthday

I'll probably just want to sleep in

3. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    i'll be going along,sucker for punishment that i am!
    i have to say,the guest list is incredibly interesting,provided the guests can remember anything from an event that took a feww days over twenty/thirty years ago...
    we'll see... in a few hours from now!
    hey,amberstarbright... how the heck can you still be skint???
    it's been a couple of years since i last posted on here and you're still in the same boat you were back then.
    what's going on,girly?
    but good to see you're still around.
    where's everybody else gone?

4. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Have fun Jamie, if that's possible :p
    My Uncle will be there though, I'm sure I'll get an ear-full on how bad it was next week ;)

Degree's last for at least 3 years Jamie (plus all the other courses you have to do before hand), so we have to lead the life of poor students for many years. It is Jeannette's final year though, unless that Master's degree looks tempting?? ;)

5. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    What Matt said :p

Plus this year is the worst, they give you less money because it is your final year. However, you need to pay out the most as you need to print off HUGE amount of paper for your major project then get it put in a professional book bind. The university also doesn't have a lot of equipment, we are three weeks in and supposed to be filming however currently there is only a couple of camcorders for the whole year there are supposed to be more but they are sorting the system out so I have had to go buy one, then there are the mini dv tapes I need for filming. Oh and then there is the end of year graduate show in May where I am probably going to have to print off photography I have done if they allow me to display it. [face_hypnotized]

It all adds up.

Plus there is stuff going on at home which I am having to spend a lot of money on but rather not post about that here.

Edit: Matt, currently no :p
    At the moment I just want to get some money, will think about doing a masters later. Maybe something part time I don't know. Just want a job first.

6. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I need a job also, so I can replenish all the money that I'll lose learning to drive

7. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    I've been trying to get a temporary job but not been going to well, I've ended up with just starting to selling things on ebay to get money.

Although knowing my luck I'll get offered a job just as I move to Canada :rolleyes:

8. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    How do you afford to go to Canada?

9. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    I don't, Mike pays for it. Otherwise we would never see each other as my loan just about covers my bills.

10. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Ah, a good solution you have

11. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    lol the other one is selling things, which I have been doing recently :p

12. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    ah,that explains it...
    just out of interest,amberstarbright,what career do you intend to pursue once you're 'fully qualified up'?
    and to the fella who said about spending money on driving lessons...
    it's well worth it.
    i passed my driving test first time a couple of months ago and it was £300 more or less,well spent!

with regards to empire day just gone... it was a much better experience than the last one,
    mainly due to the excellent guest list... even as a non-rabid autograph collector(there did seem to be too many of them in attendance)i still had a great time... got some great autographs myself despite having spent the last couple of months moaning about the cost of them...
    and finally got my complete set of original star wars trading cards... all the colours of the rainbow!
    now that's £100 i won't ever see again!

13. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Congrats Jamie on finally getting those cards....you've been going on about them for years :p ;)
    And well done on passing the driving test....have you got that XR3 yet?? ;)

I have to send me Uncle an e-mail to see how the dealers did at Empire Day, although I suspect it was a poor show for them. I did hear that the Showmasters team had a lot of enquiries from autograph collectors because of the unique guest list, and I guess is paid off in the end.

Not sure if there is another Empire Day in the pipeline, but I'll keep you informed.

14. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    cheers mate.
    i 'hope' to have something resembling the beginnings of an original star wars graphic novel done by the time the next empire day comes around,and consequently i 'hope' to set up stall to get rid of the damn thing.
    but more on that later...

15. go-away

go-away Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2003
    Oooh, your own graphic novel :p

If they do another Empire Day, I'll definitely pop down. There's just not so much going on up here :(

16. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    I'm also intrigued by your plans Jamie.... [face_thinking] ;)

Hopefully the next Empire Day will be a further imrpovement still, although the London Film Comic Con seems to shaping up quite nicely, especially for Star Wars fans!!

17. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    actually,lordtice,i have you to thank for all this... having seen your art recently and the success you've been having has given me the 'impetus' the get off my fat ass and do more work.
    in fact,last night i drew a fantastic v for vendetta pic... i'll send you a copy.

18. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Well, you're in luck Jamie! The next one is planned for September 10th, so you have time on your side ;)
    The venue is yet to be confirmed though, so maybe (and hopefully) they are trying to get somewhere better then Cheshunt.

And I'm glad I could inspire you Jamie. It's nice to have a varitey of artwork out there during shows and I'd like to see your V for Vendetta rendition :D
    Betting get cracking on the SW comic though ;)

19. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    September 10, you say? I believe that's when I'm in London and one of the days I have put aside for a meet.....

20. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Good thinking Nat. Sept 10th is a Sunday and could be very ideal for a meet, although that also depends where the venue is but it's definitely worth a strong consideration :D

21. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    Hmm, that means I'll have to go to York on the 9th. I didn't want to stay the weekend there anyway. I don't mind travelling, but if I'm buggered, then I'll want the quickest way to my hotel!

22. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    seems like a long way off...
    speaking of which,who can tell me what the joke working title of episode two(or was it episode three) was... i'm sure it was either jar jars BIG adventure or jar jars GREAT adventure.
    ta!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.