main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Empire of the Hand (Post NJO: Jaina Solo, Jag) Completed 9/26/05!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by YodaKenobi, Mar 4, 2005.

1. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    Great cover art! =D=

Though it is a little weird to see Kiera Knightly associated with Star Wars, even though she was Sabé.

2. Yodas-evil-twin

Yodas-evil-twin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 3, 2005
    It just doesn't look like Jaina.

3. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Maggy: you are very welcome, Yobi
    my pleasure to work on it

Thanks again :)

P.S. now I need to read the fic

Nah, you've done enough :p

oldj: Really nice coverart! I like it!

I'm glad :D

evil-twin: Thats what you get when typing after watching Platoon, Predator, Black Hawk Down, and Saving Private Ryan in one sitting.

[face_laugh]

Did she have to use Kiara Knightley's face?

No, she didn't, I told her to. If that looks bad, that was my fault. :p

Other than that, looks good.

:)

Chimpo: Keira as Jaina? Oh God Sorry but she is way overrated.

I thought it was a good choice :p

Other things in the cover are cool

:D

Pel: Don't mean to be nitpicky, but should Parck be a former Imperial Admiral?

Parck was the Captain of a single Star Destroyer. As far as I know, he never became an Admiral. Let me know if I've missed something. Thanks :)

Waiting....
    Waiting...

What are you waiting for?

TSF: Nice work on the cover art!

Tahi: Yoda - I'm taking your advice and finishing TLF first before catching up with this story. That way I'm less likely to get muddled with continuity - which is not difficult when you're ditzy like me. I already get fanfic and the NJO completely mixed up. LOL

Me too sometimes :p This fic can probably be skipped all together, it's really just a teaser for things to come :)

Whitey: Great cover art!

:)

Though it is a little weird to see Kiera Knightly associated with Star Wars, even though she was Sabé.

Yeah. She looks enough like Padmé it seemed conceivable that she could be her granddaughter :p

evil-twin: It just doesn't look like Jaina.

Okay.

The plan is to post the new fic tomorrow, but we'll see how it goes. The fic will be titled The Age of Heroes and the series is Legacy of the Sith.

Thanks everyone [:D]

4. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    As a matter of fact, Parck was an admiral in VotF. He was wearing a fleet admiral's uniform, and everyone addressed him as such. How did you miss that?! [face_beatup] :p

5. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Pel: As a matter of fact, Parck was an admiral in VotF. He was wearing a fleet admiral's uniform, and everyone addressed him as such. How did you miss that?!

That's an Admiral in Thrawn's rogue group, not the Empire of Palpatine :p

Okay, today's the day! New fic is right here: The Age of Heroes :D

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
  6. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    Finally I'm getting back to this story. Had too much to do.
    But I'm sure I'll finish it up quickly then move on to your new fic ;)

UP!

7. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Yay! Thanks :D No rush :)

8. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    Here is some coverart provided very generously by Maggy:

[face_blush]

[face_dancing] I got mentioned [face_dancing]

:cool:

:p

Oh, once again you are very welcome :D

*strabs in for the next 280 and something pages*

Dramatis Personae

that?s not many to start with
    I?m disappointed :p

Chapter 1: Hitchhiker

She clutched the hilt of the glowing weapon in battered hands, held low and staggering on battle-weary legs. Before her was her enemy, ready to attack, his lightsaber blindingly intense, obscuring his face. She didn't know who it was but she knew that she loved him... and yet they were enemies in this place she could not make out. It was too fuzzy around the boarders, an illusion she could only see peripherally despite her best efforts? but it was windy. Somewhere out in the open. Somewhere at a high altitude.

[face_thinking] Someone with a lightsaber? That can?t be Jag ... Kyp? Zekk?

The blaring siren of the Millennium Falcon's reversion alarm brought Jaina Solo out of her sleep and jolted her upright with panic. As she looked around the familiar cockpit with wide eyes, the Jedi Knight began to get her bearings and settled back into the pilot's seat.

so much to ?I will never let you pilot the Falcon :p

"Because we don't want to make the same mistake our predecessor made," Jaina explained. "If we run into the dovin basal mines as well, we won't be much of a rescue force."

there are still such things lurking around in space?

Threepio had been part of a package deal, incase Jaina needed help overcoming any language barriers with the natives on Ansion and Han had seemed all too happy to be rid of the fussy protocol droid.

is he still remembering Han that he saved his life? [face_whistling]

The message she'd received a few hours before was very different. Jaina, I need your help, he'd said. Please, you must come...

"Help me, Jaina Solo, you are my only hope" [face_whistling]

After receiving the message, she'd almost been happy to have to go rescue the imperiled Jedi. That was an emergency, an excuse to put off having to decide what to do with Jag Fel's message. If it had come when she was simply flying supplies, Jaina would have been forced into making an uncomfortable choice. This minor inconvenience had given her a chance to digest the request from the Chiss-raised pilot.

[face_thinking] Eventually she should have done what her brother Jacen does at such moments ? mediate about the matter? :p

cool trick she used :D

"Welcome, Wrev Caster," Threepio greeted, his stiff body tilting slightly to raise one hand, to which the Jedi Knight nodded in response.

:D my fave OC

A strong Jedi, but not extraordinarily so, as the Skywalker bloodline or Kyp Durron, Wrev's best abilities hinged on the silver cylinder that hung from the left of his belt.

I thought now will come ?was getting into troubles and wait till someone saves his butt? ;)

Wrev just grinned. "Apparently so does diplomacy."

[face_laugh]

"You can say that again," Jaina murmured as she watched Wrev's shadow disappear.

"My, He's certainly a peculiar human being."

Jaina looked at the droid with tired eyes. "This is going to be a long trip."

ROFL!! Count on Mr. Threep to make a joke :p

Chapter 2: Ghosts of the Lysekramani

He didn't take the hint.

After a few seconds, he broke the silence. "So, are you going to show it to me, or what?"

huh? o_O that can be misunderstood :p

"Not long after the Vong War... when I was on vacation actually," Jaina replied, accepting the lightsaber but not attaching it to her belt.

must have been a very interesting vacation :p

"About three hours," Jaina said. "You're welcome to go wait in the hold with Threepio if you want. I'm sure he'd be willing to play a game of holochess or dejarik with you

9. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    Chapter 6: Into the Unknown

"Picking up some unstable storm fronts all over," Wrev grimaced.

Csilla?

"I'm aware of that, of course. But it still has one working drive, more than enough to make it to the planet."

and who is going to fly it?

:eek:

no you can?t [face_mischief] he will not like it :p

They both turned to the back of the cockpit, where the stiff-jointed protocol droid was seated innocently, eyes glowing yellow in the dark compartment when it suddenly dawned on him. "No, you don't want me to do it. I'm not as coordinated as my sleek body makes me appear!"

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

"I can't help but think that this is somehow your fault," Threepio said to the dead R2 unit behind his cockpit, before he hit the release for the escape pod.

"Colonel Solo? What are you?" The Chiss voice was cut off as the protocol droid was ejected from the X-Wing, the transparisteel canopy remained around him as did most of his cockpit as he went hurtling down towards the rocky surface of the mysterious world.

and how will they be able to find and recover this silly droid?

"It's the Wojdrùvo-Eije Na," Wrev whispered, his warm breath escaping the shroud that covered him.

interested in art? o_O

"So we have an art lover," Jaina mused, her eyes finding Wrev's again.

Thrawn [face_thinking]

There was, of course, only one Chiss well known throughout the galaxy, and he was also renowned as a collector and scholar of art in all mediums. Neither one of them spoke the name.

hah! :p
    He is known too well

"Don't be stupid," Jaina said impassively. "They know we're here."

:p what else
    Time for Jag to appear and save them ;) [face_whistling]

Chapter 7: Château Mitth'raw'nuruodo

"Is that anyway to treat guests?" Jaina asked, keeping her humming lightsaber held in a mid-guard, the blade crossing her body diagonally from left to right and her back pressed firmly against Wrev's.

he must like that, huh?

Jag smiled slightly. "We picked up the Falcon on our sensors, but just barely. It's difficult to get readings in this climate. It's a shame the house guards and the CEDF didn't expect you." Jag continued, casting a glare at a few choice individuals in the room, clearly hiding his fury at them.

yeah what a shame, train them harder .. or Jaina is just too good for them :p

Wrev regarded the alien, and Jaina caught a hint of mischief from him. "That is only his cover. In reality the droid inside that pod is the deadliest assassin droid to roam the galaxy."

ROFL

As soon as the door was closed behind them, Jaina turned to Jag and couldn't help but wrap her arms around him and kiss him. She had been unsure what her reaction to seeing him would be after so long, but as soon as she'd seen him rushing into the firefight, she realized just how much she'd missed him. Jag seemed taken by surprise, but soon was returning the kiss with as much fervor as Jaina, before they parted and he put her at arm?s length.

:eek: awww ? [face_love]

"I had no idea," Jag said, troubled, but Jaina got a hint that he was hiding something? perhaps many things.

o_O not he too

Chapter 8: Nighttime

Parck smirked again. "There are many that feel his return is only a matter of time, even if it will be a decade late? I am one of them."

o_O huh?

"Well, Commander Fel, for one," Parck said playfully, clearly biding his time before dropping the hammer. "Your relationship was strong enough for him to go before the Four Families on Csilla and demand that we go to Coruscant to help the GFFA in your final battle with the Yuuzhan Vong invaders. Why wouldn't you join us now when Jag and the Chiss are in need?"

that sounds like those formal marriages to keep peace between countries

"Don't count on it. But hey, if it's just a Jedi your after, perhaps Wrev would be willing."

[face_laugh]

"It's very rude to barge

10. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    Chapter 13: Dinner

Wrev was not invited. Threepio was tolerated.

he was not o_O

Trying not to let the fear of the chaos that confrontation was sure to cause deter her, Jaina continued after the departing Soontir Fel.

that?s going to be interesting

"Is it common practice for Chiss hosts to follow their guests around?" He asked finally, looking over his shoulder, one eyebrow quirked.

hah! Go boy, tell her off :p

Fel now appeared irritated. "Clearly my son has a mouth the size of a death star."

and I thought he is soo tight lipped :p

"It was my pleasure," Fel added, before the doors slid away into four sections and he disappeared behind them when they closed again.

hah, I?m pretty sure, and C3PO is a dishwasher 8-}

Standing over her bed, inside the azure shroud that surrounded it, were four Imperial Stormtroopers, their white armor bathed in the moonlight and flashes of lightning from the windows on the right wall. The helmets, the black eyes, had never appeared more menacing to Jaina.

o_O what the heck... ????

Chapter 14: How to Disappear Completely

Wrev Caster woke with a start when he felt a shot of pain and panic through the Force. He was sprawled across the foot of the bed, having dozed off without meaning to while talking with C-3PO, who was still seated in a blue-cushioned chair next to him, looking very concerned.

ROFL!!

but Wrev knows how to escape huh?

In fact, things were crawling all over her skin. Hundreds of bugs filled the enclosed space, covering Jaina. Strange insects of all sorts? big black beetles with pincers and winged insects the color of dried blood; Spiders of all shapes and sizes, some large ones with strange speckled patterns, and long slithering insects with thousands of legs.

*feels remembered on Indiana Jones II* :p

The feel of so many legs creeping, slithering, crawling all over her was too much, and Jaina began to convulse shortly before she blacked out again.

waaaaaa!!
    now I?m sure I have bad dreams [face_frustrated]
    *feels already thousands of legs crawl over her*

"Relax, she'll be fine. They can go into these healing trances. Stencil didn't want a repeat of last time."

:eek: Alema?

"We'll be asking the questions," the trooper said. "And will start with your friend who still has the potential to ruin this whole thing? where is Wrev Caster?"

the big question of the day :p

"Stencil."

Mr. Mystery himself

Chapter 15: Empire of the Hand

"Why, is that Colonel Kyrn?" Threepio asked in surprise, peering over Wrev's shoulder. "Ask her to let us in; she's sure to take pity on us."

interesting that he is approaching Kyrn

"I don't know what you're talking about," Kyrn bristled, an obvious deception for the Jedi Knight to pick up in the Force.

Hah, as would he buy that

"Voss Parck... I should have known," she snarled, little more than the outburst of the frustrated rather than a statement of condemnation. "Another parasite from the Empire still feeding off a dead host."

o_O that?s also the twist between father and son [face_thinking]

Jaina couldn't believe it. The whole thing had been a set up to get rid of them. Oaxley had voluntarily had himself cut with a lightsaber, knowing they would be blamed for it. She hung her head, looking at her distorted reflection in the clean metal table.

Oaxley needs a therapist for his little problems ... letting himself stabbed on free will and with his permission ... his mum hadn?t loved him enough huh?

"I do hope I haven't let you down," the droid apologized in return. "I'm not very good at hiding."

he is a destraction :p

"Aren't you a little tall for a stormtrooper?" She observed, noticing a two-inch height difference between the two troopers.

*ROFL* PERFECT *ROFL*

Chapte

11. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    Chapter 20: Into the Abostarr

But the Falcon was old. And rickety. And about as fussy as the protocol droid strapped into one of the cockpit's rear seats praying to The Maker.

somehow it?s weird ... he is calling for Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker to help [face_thinking]

=D= awesome battle scene, space and ground

Chapter 21: General Rénin

Kicking the dead wolvkil off of her as quickly as possible to avoid being shot in the crossfire, Jaina saw that Alema had similarly made quick work of the creature that attacked the Twi'lek, while Wrev had somehow used the Force to influence the two remaining beasts to attack their Vagaari handlers.

useful thinking :D

the Vagaari commander is a human? :eek:

General Rénin did not allow Goresh to rise from his position of subservience. The man who had enslaved the commander and all the Vagaari years ago when they were weak from battling the Chiss wasted no time on pleasantries.

and who is he?

"Then it is time, Goresh. The moment of your people's revenge is at hand. Break off from the battle and take the remainder of your fleet and travel to the Chiss planet. I will send two additional Vagaari flotillas there under your command."

darn!! That?s not good [face_worried]

Wrev couldn't breath, he couldn't scream, he couldn't think. The Jedi Knight felt so much pressure in his body build that he thought his head might explode as black spots formed in his vision. He could feel Jaina's arms around him reeling him in, and all he could do was try and hold onto Alema as the vacuum attempted to suck them into an oblivion.

the boy is just nuts 8-}

"It was all a trick, Jaina! They attacked the Abostarr so when reinforcements came, they could find out where we were hiding! The Vagaari are headed to Voltijan!"

now they need to be quick

Chapter 22: Mission Briefing

"But we know the Vagaari are now headed to Voltijan," Wrev said over Jaina's shoulder. "How do you plan to stop them?"

question of the day

Jag nodded and his lips tightened further in a grim expression, hoping his father would give them more answers than he'd been able to.

is Soontir able to save the day?

Jag shifted uncomfortably as the room of Chiss looked on her in apparent astonishment at her disregard for protocol.

they are not thinking practical :p

To Jaina's surprise, when she was finished with her tirade, Soontir Fel smiled? broadly.

"I am looking very much forward to having you under my Command, Colonel Solo."

:p am I right that he aimed just on this reaction

Chapter 23: The Eve of Battle

Though Voss Parck was surprised, he knew he shouldn't have been. The aliens had always been cunning...

his action had been rush and unconsidered

The two beings stared silently at each other as Parck breathed heavily from the effort of the exchange, his pale lips curling in a snarl.

now a decision has to be made

"But we can handle it without your involvement," Jag repeated pleadingly.

can they now? o_O

"Who are you, C-3PO?" Jaina asked, before leaning up on her toes to kiss Jag's cheek. "Never tell me the odds."

ouch ... but she is right

"We're offering you a chance to get out," Jaina answered. "A chance to fight the Vagaari instead of remaining her and licking your wounds."

"The Chiss will never allow it," Ghost replied.

even when the Jedi aren?t under the command of the Chiss they are still in Chiss space and on a Chiss ship

"If you can get us down there to help," Hunter said, "then I don't even know why we're still standing here discussing this."

wanna see how they will be able to talk the Chiss into accepting

Chapter 24: Vagaari's Revenge

Wrev and Alema were back in the forward hold. Something felt wrong to her about that... Something was missing and she couldn't quite put her finger on it, or why she was

12. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    Chapter 28: Rescue

As Jaina looked at him, hands and face smeared with blood, she almost broke down completely. She was surprised when her fingers touched beside his throat and found a faint pulse, but it only made her heart sink further. Jag must have been in agony and they were far away from anywhere he might be able to get medical attention. His signs of life only drew out his suffering and the feeling of helplessness within her.

he still has a pulse?
    they have to get him out of here, get a medic ... search a saferoom, a bunker something to hide out

"Jaina, what are you doing?" Wrev asked from behind her. "You're no healer."

love can work wonders

The instruments that the medics had brought to monitor Jag's vital signs were flat lining as Parck and the others watched the Solo girl attempt to use the Force to help the man, and the medics applying their healing salves. Her forehead began to glisten with sweat from the exertion and her teeth clenched tight? there was no change in Jag's condition.

:( :_|

"Save it and listen to me," Fel cut him off. "Our reinforcements from Csilla have arrived."

at least something

Parck didn't want to voice his true objection? that in the process of defending the sublevels, the Jedi would actually discover what they were really protecting... they would never be allowed to leave.

he shall not be that nuts

Chapter 29: The Final Battle

"Split into three groups," Goresh ordered the warriors around him, his twin mouths making singing tones. "Search quickly but carefully? blast any door that does not open immediately and retrieve any data found? it could lead us to the location of the Chiss homeworld.

he believes that?

"I..." Jaina didn't quite know how to answer his question, but her agitation with the older Jedi Knight was growing to new levels. "This really isn't the time to discuss this sort of thing."

o_O what could be a better one?

Jaina and Wrev turned, lightsabers in hand and made their way back towards the hanger, leaving behind the glowing consoles, the glistening durasteel in the dim light, the stacks of data cards, and a revolving panel on the back wall similar to the one Jag had showed them in the hanger.

where is it leading to?

"It's not over yet," Kyrn interrupted as she arrived. ?We still have Vagaari in the underlevels, and your Jedi friends are down there battling them alone.?

"You're right," Alema replied, turning to the blue-skinned Chiss woman. "We must hurry."

they better do

"Humans," a Vagaari at the center of the pack said in accented basic, two mouths echoing each other as he moved to the front. He was dressed apart from the others, heavy fur-lined coat and a pelt for a cloak covered his armor, and though Wrev wasn't very familiar with the aliens, the thick creases in his golden skin and heavy scarring on his face made him appear older than the others. He seemed fixated on the lightsaber hilts clutched in their hands, but quickly moved his cold violet eyes back to their faces. "I didn't expect to find anyone but Chiss here."

tja ? in battle better all expect

?Oh yes, many times, Solo. And if it's new to you, I'm sure you'll be seeing more in the future."

*click* this Lord ... that?s the hidden force ... his kind

Wrev sensed that something was bothering Goresh about the lightsabers beyond the fear of seeing them and making the connection between them and the wounds on the eight dead Vagaari on the hanger floor. Something about the weapons confused Goresh and Wrev hadn't a clue what it was.

[face_thinking] This Lord, a sith he is?

"Exactly? we have to stop them. Goresh knows something about this ship," Jaina replied, pointing to the alien scoutship. "Perhaps more than the Chiss do. We have to stop him and find out what he knows? as well as find out exactly what the Vagaari are up to."

oh ... so they better hurry then

=D= awesome

13. jasa

jasa Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2005
    :eek: How did I loose this fic?

[face_praying] Forgive me? I did a marathon read last night and this morning to make up for it and it was awesome! Now on to the next fic of yours!