main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Empire vs. Rebellion (ver 2.1) Back where it belongs!!!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Grand Moff Jerjerrod, Nov 25, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand Moff Jerjerrod

Grand Moff Jerjerrod Jedi Master star 3

Jul 14, 1999
    Yes, it's true. E vs. R has returned from the dead and then the void otherwise known as SW Miscellaneous. Bring this thread back to it's former glory of 500 + posts. I need a good debate, and this thread provided it before. I'm going to forget the number currently in the Misc. one, and start over once again. Let's make this one as good as before.

To start the voting... EMPIRE!!!!!

GMJ

2. Thejedikiller

Thejedikiller Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 26, 1999
    The Rebellion all the way. The Empire was oppressive and were stringant alien haters. That is why they failed.

3. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    i wasn't around during the last one, so I need one thing cleared up.

Are we talking about the Emperor-ruled Empire or the Thrawn ruled Empire?

If it's the Emperor-ruled, then I'd have to say Rebellion because the Emperor was just one bad dude.

But... If we're talking the Thrawn-ruled Empire, then definately Empire because Thrawn wanted real order to be resored to the galaxy. He didn't care about the force, he just wanted everybody to obey the laws and not to go against the rest of the systems.

Let the flaming begin

4. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    We're talking about the Empire in general here, I guess.

I'll always be in support of the Empire, of course... and I'm still too lazy to discuss why!

5. annikinstarkiller

annikinstarkiller Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jul 16, 1999
    If it weren't for the predjudiced policies of the empire, I would back them all the way.
    They have the power and the plan.

By making the choices they did however, they started a popular uprising against them. No government in history is capable of standing against the very population that it requires to survive.

Overall, I reluctantly vote for the Rebellion.

6. Armage Bedar

Armage Bedar Jedi Youngling

Aug 20, 1999
    The following quote should explain my mindset...

"Evil always triumphs over good because good is dumb." - Dark Helmet, Spaceballs

Heh...

7. howlrunner22

howlrunner22 Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 24, 1998
    I would just like to clear some stuff on Imperial Policy for our rebel lovers here.

In the defence of the Empire, Imperial Federal Prosecutor Howlrunner22 takes the stand:

Exsqueeze me. I would like to point out a fact unknown to many of you, and yet such a prime example of the Empire's openess. The fact that thi remains oblivious to so many of you is testament to the corrupting nature of rebel propaganda and cover-up attempts in the wake of their devastating insurgency of the rightful, lawful and legal government justly brought into power through legal and public channels.

The Empire allowed many if not all governments a simple choice, a choice which was at the very heart of Imperial Foreign Policy. Join us or face Imperial sanctions. This is very much the way Grand Admiral Thrawn sees it and implements his tactics in first contact situations in much the same way. However, the interpretation of the word 'sanctions' is left very much to the commanding officer's discretion.

Due to the ambigious term, the afore mentioned 'sanctions', many planetary governments saw this as a threat. In fits of desperation (I say desperation for they fight with a savage nature at odds they know they simply cannot overcome. So, I ask you, is this noble bravery or somply primal desperation?), they rebelled against the Empire. It is in this unfortunate circumstances that the Empire is forced to retaliate with its military muscle.

However, this is not the only approach the Empire offers the planets in question. Clear examples like the Sullustans and the Hereglics are clear and shining examples of Imperial tolerance and prosperity and peace through Imperial and planetary governmental cooperation. The Empire offered them a place in a greater galactic community and they excepted it willingly. Thus, their infrastructure and idustries remained intact and grew under Imperial aid. Their economies blossomed, transforming into galaxy-wide economic powers, all under the watchful eyes of the Imperial Home Fleet which guards and offers security against pirates and rebel raiders. The Empire also then aids the planets in foreign policy and lends economic support to the respective governments. This is a mutual beneficiary, a symbiont circle of commerce and development. A peace shattered by the disruptive rebel insurgency attempting to sweep the galaxy of peace, justice and prosperity for all.

And I once again stipulate, Thrawn would have made a terrible leader. There was a reason why His Imperial Majesty appointed the Grand Vizier and other Imperial Advisors to help Him in various bureaucratic procedures and matters of state. Thrawn was a fantastic tactician, indispensible in everyway, but more able diplomats within the Empire's Navy, Army, Intelligence and His Majesty's Advisors would have been much more able to secure the reins of power that is the EMPIRE.

Oh yes, I vote Empire.

This leaves it at:

Empire 5
    Rebel Scum 3

Please do this so we can see the final result clearly. Just add one to the two different groups, depending on which one you voted for.

8. Jedi_Wheatie

Jedi_Wheatie Jedi Youngling

Oct 20, 1999
    First off: I love seeing a good struggle between both the Empire and the New Republic/Rebellion. I enjoy watching the war go both ways at times and the twists of fate that ensue throughout the EU and the EP's I,IV-VI.

But if I had to vote for just one it would be the EMPIRE because they always have better characters and their ships are just plain sick. There is just something about such a dark and gloomy group of people. And there's something about that blindingly white stormtrooper armor.

6 EMPIRE
    3 REBELS

9. Jedi_Wheatie

Oct 20, 1999
    The EMPIRE has just such such soldiers and such a fierce control on so many things like systems, trade routes and just inflict so much fear into the heart of everyone!!! I vote for the EMPIRE.
    I think that makes it:
    EMPIRE 6
    REBELS 3

10. Jedi_Wheatie

Oct 20, 1999
    The EMPIRE has just such such soldiers and such a fierce control on so many things like systems, trade routes and just inflict so much fear into the heart of everyone!!! I vote for the EMPIRE.
    I think that makes it:
    EMPIRE 6
    REBELS 3

11. Jedi_Wheatie

Oct 20, 1999
    I think that makes it:
    EMPIRE 6
    REBELS 3

12. howlrunner22

Oct 24, 1998
    Sorry. That is:

EMPIRE 7

Puny little rebels 3

13. Jedi_Wheatie

Oct 20, 1999
    Hey guys
    First off I'm sorry I posted four things just now. They wouldn't show up when I went to the topic. SORRY. Ummmm..... GO EMPIRE!!!!

14. jedigirl

jedigirl Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 1999
    I have returned my beloved Rebellion! I have been away on a mission to destroy the Empire once and for all, but now that I am back I see that it is still prevailing!

It is time to rise again my friends and crush the Empire one final and lasting time. Come and speak out against the Empire! Re-establish your standing loyalty to the Rebellion all of my brothers and sisters who boldly spoke out in the original thread. NEw members of the Rebellion, let this thread be your first stand against corruption and tyranny and let your voice be heard!!!

We have won before and we will win again. All it takes is courage to stand up for what you know is right and true!

REBELLION FOREVER!!!

15. Moff Tim

Moff Tim Jedi Youngling

Nov 14, 1999
    Empire

EMPIRE 8
    rebels 4

16. howlrunner22

Oct 24, 1998
    Rebels, Troublemakers and People with Really Bad Taste in Governments! Lend me your various appendages which enable you to pick up audiotory signals!

Gaze upon your pitiful remnants here at the newest bastion of Imperial might, the Literature forum! None of your fellow insurgent elements speak of a basis to stand upon. It is time to lay down your arms and embrce the one true galactic government. Even now, the Empire is in a process of eliminating the galaxy of this insignificant rebellion. And so shall we stamp out the embers of dissent and defeat the winds of chaos! Never again will the Empire let the flames of rebellion rise up is dissention against the one true power that is the Empire!

The Empire is Vicotrious on ALL Fronts!

17. X-Wing Commander

X-Wing Commander Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 1999
    REBELS!!WEDGE POWER!!!

Vote Antilles/Celchu 2000!!!

[This message has been edited by X-Wing Commander (edited 11-26-1999).]

18. Grand Moff Jerjerrod

Jul 14, 1999
    If you guys want, you can do a self-serve count, but if you don't, I'll do at least 2 per page like in the older versions.

GMJ

19. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    OK, I guess I've been counted as Rebellion. That's fine. I like the underdog. Besides, they got better pilots.

20. Ysanne

Ysanne Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 1999
    REBELS!!
    (and if you want to argue, fine!)

21. Darth Binky

Darth Binky Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 24, 1999
    EMPIRE--- I have loved Star Destroyers since I was 4 and saw the movies for the first time. And I am still working on a way to strangle people from a distance... stupid Force, don't wanna work.

9-7

22. Thejedikiller

Thejedikiller Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 26, 1999
    My fellow Rebels where are you at? We are over matched and out gunned we need support. Thejedikiller asks, "Can you be, all that you can be?" Join the Rebellion.

23. jedigirl

jedigirl Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 1999
    We are catching up I see. Fellow Rebels, listen to me:

We will not go quietly into the night. We will not finish without a fight. We are going to live on. We are going to survive. Keep standing for what's right and we will prevail!!!

[This message has been edited by jedigirl (edited 11-26-1999).]

24. Grand Moff Jerjerrod

Jul 14, 1999
    Ok, here's how it's gonna work. If we're going to do a self-serve count, it's gotta work like this:

at the end of your posts post this...

(E-R-N)
    x-x-x

GMJ

25. LordSidioius91672

LordSidioius91672 Jedi Youngling

Sep 26, 1999
    The Empire for order, stability, and the golden age of humanity.
    For His Majesty,
    Our Emperor Palpatine

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.