main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Empire vs. Rebellion (ver 2.1) Back where it belongs!!!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Grand Moff Jerjerrod, Nov 25, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaptainArdiff

CaptainArdiff Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 1999
    Santee, my dear, "old world" sex discrimination? What? How many of thy Pentagon military chiefs are women? Hmmmm? Everyone's got sex discrimination, not just those of us with warm beer, tiffin and cricket on the village green...and the rest of Europe, it's everywhere!

2. Santee Ordrin

Santee Ordrin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 9, 1998
    Capt, using the old world terminology, considerin that that is where we get most of our traditions from. Now who was it that brought a supposed fairer representation to the fairer sex earlier? Not to point anything out, but I do believe that it might have been in some the americans. Of course that was part of that big suffrage movement.

Crow yes, and while it was fun, BK was a blast, I was there before the reunion of east and west. When the american soldiers weren't thought of as badly. Of course I was taught that if you really want to enjoy yourself in a foreign country, always explore and try to go as native as possible. It was definitely alot of fun.

3. Santee Ordrin

Jul 9, 1998
    Capt, using the old world terminology, considerin that that is where we get most of our traditions from. Now who was it that brought a supposed fairer representation to the fairer sex earlier? Not to point anything out, but I do believe that it might have been in some the americans. Of course that was part of that big suffrage movement.

Crow yes, and while it was fun, BK was a blast, I was there before the reunion of east and west. When the american soldiers weren't thought of as badly. Of course I was taught that if you really want to enjoy yourself in a foreign country, always explore and try to go as native as possible. It was definitely alot of fun.

4. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Santee: There were and still are many people who didn't think badly of the US troops stationed here; there aren't many troops left, though. It was more fun then

5. Lightsaber02

Lightsaber02 Jedi Youngling

Jan 15, 2000
    Who wants to join the Dark Side? With the Force all things are possible, I would die first before joining the Dark Side. (So I guess that means I would be a Rebel). Anyway, I just don't see why some people out there would WANT to become a Sith (or Darth. I mean of course bad guys have all the fun, but I love being a Jedi and wouldn't trade anything else for it.

6. Santee Ordrin

Jul 9, 1998
    I have just heard from soldiers who had come back recently from being stationed over there of some of the bad feelings that they have recieved. I do agree from my stay over there that for the most part the people of germany were very nice and helpful. Of course that might have had something to with the fact that I actually, unlike alot of my fellow military brats, went to a german school and took part in more of the activities of german citizens. I loved those volksmarches. Made it that much more interesting.

Oops, excuse me, I have gotten of subject here. What was I saying about the empire before we got started on this? Oh yeah, something about oldworld and attitudes. Something along the lines that we americans had gotten alot of our attitudes from the old world (ie european, asian, and other cultures), and as such a learned behavior. As time has gone on, the youngsters have matured or adapted a tad bit more quickly than the oldsters. And that is where I get my analogy from. If you can understand where I was coming from.

7. Santee Ordrin

Jul 9, 1998
    I have just heard from soldiers who had come back recently from being stationed over there of some of the bad feelings that they have recieved. I do agree from my stay over there that for the most part the people of germany were very nice and helpful. Of course that might have had something to with the fact that I actually, unlike alot of my fellow military brats, went to a german school and took part in more of the activities of german citizens. I loved those volksmarches. Made it that much more interesting.

Oops, excuse me, I have gotten of subject here. What was I saying about the empire before we got started on this? Oh yeah, something about oldworld and attitudes. Something along the lines that we americans had gotten alot of our attitudes from the old world (ie european, asian, and other cultures), and as such a learned behavior. As time has gone on, the youngsters have matured or adapted a tad bit more quickly than the oldsters. And that is where I get my analogy from. If you can understand where I was coming from.

8. Silencer-7

Silencer-7 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 25, 1999
    CaptainArdiff,

There is no good reason for the Empire to use slavery, it?s that simple, not in terms of construction workers, anyway.

What are you talking about? Slave labor is cheap. You don't have to pay them to work. Slaves are generally kept in substandard housing, don't have to feed them adequately (all this saves money). They are also numerous when a government makes it openly legal to buy or sell slaves, and doesn't look down upon raiding parties sacking a species homeworld.

Why do you think America prospered on owning slaves for more then 200 years? These reasons can be directly applied to the Empire.

You never told me why the Empire employed engineers, and provided resources to construct such weapons of mass destruction.

Yes, if a government cannot withstand internal conflict, then obviously it isn't meant to last. The people have a right to what they want. If they want war, let them have it. If they don't like it, all they have to do is stop.

The people are always right. If they wanted an Emperor for a leader, then they would have placed one in charge. As such, they wanted another government--the NR--and they brought it to fruition.

And if this doesn't manage to convince you Imperials that the Empire was wrong, then I fear I can only do one more thing. That is to rise up above the rest of you, and just say that I am right, and the rest of you (Imperials) are all wrong. Hehehehe, a joke, okay?

9. Emperor Darth Nemesis

Emperor Darth Nemesis Jedi Youngling

May 27, 1999
    ummmm.....I'm going to try this angle. Can't we all just get along. I'm serious on this.

10. CaptainArdiff

Nov 26, 1999
    Santee, I don't disagree with ye about America being more forward thinking thn the old world - in some respects (I think the UK has about 30% of the global computer games production people - I might be wrong, I'll have to check) - I'm just saying that sexism just is always a problem, not just in the old world (I'm starting to feel as though I'm going through The Lord of the Rings atm!). Whether America got its traditions from us or not, however, and whether or not it's forward thinking, it still has very few women in high up ranks - just like us. However, this isn't all the services fault - according to the whole "how ye raise someone is how they grow up" theory the way we've been raising our children for the past few centuries will be putting women off enlistment, so the forces can't be entirely blamed - except in circumstances like Sarge's. I mean, really! Only to let somebody into the Medical or Musical section because of gender! Honestly! Such foolishness!

Anyway, come on, ye Rebs and counter my posts!

MTFBWY

11. Grand Moff Jerjerrod

Grand Moff Jerjerrod Jedi Master star 3

Jul 14, 1999
    Wow, the server gods have smiled upon us today, as the thread was not eaten by the server once again. But, I had it saved on my hd just in case.

GMJ

12. Grand Moff Jerjerrod

Jul 14, 1999
    Wow, the server gods have smiled upon us today, as the thread was not eaten by the server once again. But, I had it saved on my hd just in case.

GMJ

13. Grand Moff Jerjerrod

Jul 14, 1999
    Tisk tisk. I never thought I would have to do this, but uppers and stuff (also, a shot in the arm for the thread)

GMJ

14. CaptainArdiff

Nov 26, 1999
    Methinks the thread is dead...we've argued ourselves into a corner...only the die hards on both sides remain...mmm, I'm watching that film later, ah, the sweet smell of American ditrust of foreigners, so like my own xenophobic people

Well, MTFBWY, everybody, even ye Rebs

CaptainArdiff

15. Thanos6

Thanos6 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 1999
    Uh-uh!

This thread can't die until it at least hits 500 posts!

(Personally, I'm hoping it will hit 1000)

-Thanos6,
    back after a long hiatus

16. CaptainArdiff

Nov 26, 1999
    We could always try to keep it going by starting conversations instead of discussions. Indeed, we could even just pop in and post threads...but we really need fresh blood to re-invigorate the whole process.

17. CaptainArdiff

Nov 26, 1999
    We could always try to keep it going by starting conversations instead of discussions. Indeed, we could even just pop in and post threads...but we really need fresh blood to re-invigorate the whole process.

18. Grand Moff Jerjerrod

Jul 14, 1999
    Let's see...

Empire vs. Rebellion- approx. 650 posts
    Empire vs. Rebellion ver. 2.0- approx 250 posts
    Empire vs. Rebellion 2.1- working on 500

Total of about 1400 posts

I don't think this has done too bad, and it will return to greatness when we all get our third winds.

GMJ

19. Grand Moff Jerjerrod

Jul 14, 1999
    Hmmmm, I wonder if this is going to double post...

GMJ

20. Grand Moff Jerjerrod

Jul 14, 1999
    Hmmmm, I wonder if this is going to double post...

GMJ

21. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    I may not be the most zealous and die-hard of Imperial supporters, but I can't let this thread die! Not in the light of what happened to its predecessor... so I'm posting.

Okay, anybody there who wants to argue about the Empire, uniforms and/or hormones?

22. annikinstarkiller

annikinstarkiller Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jul 16, 1999
    This might be a little redundant, but Empire.

As long as the Empire is not obsessed with the dark side, and keeps a few nutcases like Tarkin from ruining everything, a government based on power, with power is the way to go.

The rebellion, and the NR that followed it were to bogged down by beaurocrats to accomplish anything. (alot like the Old Republic.)

Palpatine saw this weakness and decided to go a better way. The only problem with the system is that it was Palpitine that started it. Someone with better morals or judgement might have turned the galaxy into a paradise, a utopia that never existed nor ever will under the rebellion or the NR.

It came closest to happening in the dead dreams of a few Imperialists that were swept under the rug. Why wouldn't the Empire become the greatest civilization in history?

23. annikinstarkiller

Jul 16, 1999

As long as the Empire is not obsessed with the dark side, and keeps a few nutcases like Tarkin from ruining everything, a government based on power, with power is the way to go.

The rebellion, and the NR that followed it were to bogged down by <beaurocrats>(sp?) to accomplish anything. (alot like the Old Republic.)

Palpatine saw this weakness and decided to go a better way. The only problem with the system is that it was Palpitine that started it. Someone with better morals or judgement might have turned the galaxy into a paradise, a utopia that never existed nor ever will under the rebellion or the NR.

It came closest to happening in the dead dreams of a few Imperialists that were swept under the rug. Why wouldn't the Empire become the greatest civilization in history?

24. annikinstarkiller

Jul 16, 1999

The rebellion, and the NR that followed it were to bogged down by <beaurocrats>(sp?) to accomplish anything. (alot like the Old Republic.)

25. Jedi Corran Horn

Jedi Corran Horn Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 18, 1999
    Hey with all these double and triple posts we'll get to 500 no problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.