main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive End of the empire Celebration, 3-6-09

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by BIEREN, Aug 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Unfortunately for me, no. I live on the east coast and I just don't have the funds to afford plane tickets to LA by myself.

Now, if they would ever hold this thing on the EAST COAST! [face_frustrated]

2. BIEREN

BIEREN Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    I haven't posted in a while. work has been busy and I'm in the middle of several paintings that i'll be posting soon. This is something i did today: Figrin D'an and the Modal Nodes, the album?

http://img108.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bithrw1.jpg

3. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    AH! =D= That looks great, BIEREN! **laughing and nodding** It so reminds me of a 60s album cover, with the bandmembers' faces all in a row or on an angle--the black and white is perfect, too--it really emphasizes the severe shadowing on the face(s). Wonderful! :D

FF

4. CucumberBoy

CucumberBoy Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 11, 2007
    Haha that bith album cover is so great.

5. BIEREN

Oct 12, 2005
    This is "Vader on Coruscant", one of a few paintings I will be bringing to CIV in May, I hope Prowse likes it. Its an oil on canvas, 11"x14"

http://img53.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vadericjd4.jpg

6. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh WOW! That looks fantastic! =D= I love that you used the more muted colors here--so often the Coruscant b/g is done in the warm glowing colors, like we saw in the films. This is much more suited to the portrait of Vader, showing an almost sullen-looking sky behind him, and only that blood-colored blade as counterpoint--beautiful composition and mood! =D= I'm sure Prowse will love this--it's wonderful!--and I hope you have a great time there! You'll have to tell us all about it when you get back (take pictures! :D )!

FF

7. CucumberBoy

CucumberBoy Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 11, 2007
    Vader in coruscant is friggin' excellent. Looks awesome.

8. BIEREN

Oct 12, 2005
    Falcon and CucumberBoy, thanks for your comments, I have actually gone back and added to the vader painting and will be re-posting it, along with an Admiral Ackbar painting, later this week, with a few more sometime after that.

9. DarkSapiens

DarkSapiens Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2005
    Wow, I just saw all your drawings, and they all look excellent.

The detailed ones are amazing, and the humoristic ones are hilarious!

Very well done, man. =D=

10. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Wow, Vader is amazing! - I love it! :D

Great work on him! [face_love] =D=

11. BIEREN

Oct 12, 2005
    This is my 3rd painting for CIV: "Admiral Ackbar". I wanted to do a painting that was reminisent of the old War General pictures one may see at the White house or some place.
    http://img101.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ackbarmm7.jpg

I have also updated the "Vader on Coruscant" painting,

http://img228.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vadervw2.jpg

12. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Waw, your paintings look great! *_* It took a long time to paint, I think? I love the details, they look just like in the movies. Very good job! ^^ (I like the traditional touch that the paper gives to the picture)

13. BIEREN

Oct 12, 2005
    Thanks Vana, I'll be posting a new painting next week (hopefully).

14. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    AAACK!! :eek:=D==D=

What an amazing painting of Admiral Ackbar!! =D= That's just gorgeous, BIEREN! You've certainly achieved that "official commissioned painting" thing with it, that's for sure: the light is stunning, the likeness is dead-on and the realism is fantastic! I love the soft fade of the light from near his head to the darker smoky-type tones near his elbows--very nice touch, and really adds to that "official feel!" Amazing!

"Vader on Coruscant" is one I loved from the start--that hasn't changed! ;) That sky...just so perfect! The lightsaber glow on his armor and glove are just right--not too much, just enough--and the patterns of ships in the sky behind him definitely put this down on Coruscant. A wonderful piece (and it would be so cool if David Prowse could see this!)!

FF

15. BIEREN

Oct 12, 2005
    Thank you Falcon, I think the Vader Painting looks better now too. I seem to notice things after I put them on my computer here at work that I didn't see in the images earlier. I can see detail (and the lack of detail) much clearer on this screen, which is 36".

16. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Oh wow, BIEREN, your oil paintings are simply amazing! I agree with FF that they definitely exhibit a professional quality - especially the Admiral Ackbar piece. That one really turned out gorgeous! The brushwork, the rendering, everything turned out perfectly! I'm sure these paintings will be a big hit at CIV. Good luck with getting them signed and I hope you do more! :D

17. rhi-sparks

rhi-sparks Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2006
    Everything you do is always so amazing! :D

18. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    OMG! :eek: Did you use any references for Admiral Ackbar? He looks perfect! [face_love] =D= Absolutely stunning!

And Vader is awesome! My computer didn't want to load it at first, but I forced him to. (yes, it's a "him") [face_devil]
    I'm glad I did! It's great! I love the details, esp the helmet is great and those little white light reflections in his eyes! [face_love] =D=
    Beautiful! =D=

19. BIEREN

Oct 12, 2005
    Chilla, Rhi and HS29,
    thanks for your comments. Everyone has been really kind with my new work and I appriciate it, so I created this image here in my office to prove it,

http://img58.imageshack.us/my.php?image=happyvaderfm7.jpg

A Fett painting for CIV will be posted in about a week.

20. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    Vader looks awesome! so dose Ackbar. wonderful job!

21. BIEREN

Oct 12, 2005
    Thanks again all!!

Here is my latest Fan art challenge enrty: Mos Eisley Cantina
    http://img120.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cantinabandzs6.jpg

and me just playing around......
    http://img58.imageshack.us/my.php?image=happyvaderfm7.jpg

22. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

The smiling Vader one is hilarious! He looks like a child at christmas... =D=

And the cantina one is cool! Think I could enter the cantina? I mean, they didn't say anything about lightsabers, did they? ;)
    The head is really well done! =D=
    I like the eye! [face_love] =D=

23. BIEREN

Oct 12, 2005
    Does anyone know a site that has a high-rez image of Admiral Piett? I would really appriciate it, thanks

24. BIEREN

Oct 12, 2005
    Princess Leia, pencil on paper, 11"x14", another drawing for CIV:
    http://img129.imageshack.us/my.php?image=leiajr2.jpg

25. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    :eek:
    =D==D=

YEAH!!! =D= What a fabulous piece, BIEREN!! Awesome likeness, and the handling of the contrasts is gorgeous--like a photo! Wow--I have the very worst time drawing Carrie, but you make it look easy... **flushes with envy** It's fabulous--I can't think of anything else to say about it!! **standing ovation**

FF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.