main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Enemies Among Us - Obi/Qui, pre-TPM - Thank-you So Much To My Readers - Completed 2/3

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Master_Noi, Nov 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Kynstar - Glad you liked it!

Jedikma - Yes, I did have fun. [face_batting]

o_e - :D

diane - Yes, she should be ashamed of herself. [face_shame]

sis - Uh oh! Drooling wookies. :p

opal - Well, I'm glad you did.

Jaxx_w - Thought she would have pounced on him there and then![face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

2. Master_Noi

Sep 8, 2004
    I'm going to post two chapters today because the first one is pretty short.
    Chapter 7

Lighting was dim in the small dining room in the Marinou?s private suite, and the glow from a corner fireplace lent warmth to the otherwise austere décor. Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan sat at the small table enjoying light conversation after the evening meal. Obi-Wan was thankful that there had been no mention of the earlier situation.

?Athan?s efforts have been quite remarkable. In his few short years in office we have gone from a reclusive society to the verge of joining the Galactic Republic, and all with overwhelming public support.?

?My wife is generous in her praise. It has actually been a combined effort. The praise should go to many.?

?Who hid behind you and your office as you took the brunt of the attack from those opposed,? she interrupted, the conversation taking a detour from its earlier jovial tone.

Athan took a sip of his drink and looked down into his glass as he swirled the contents.

?I expected opposition and there are some who still disagree with me. I have always felt that it is my job to face all attacks as the decisions are ultimately mine. I couldn?t have my supporters in the legislature reveal themselves until I was sure I had public support.?

?The legislature tried to have you removed from office, Athan.?

?And the motion was voted down by the people. That?s all that matters.? Athan looked up, allowing his gaze to settle on his wife, eyes fixed into sternness. Phedra bowed her head, understanding the clear sign to steer away from the line of conversation.

He paused and looked in the direction of the two Jedi.

?But, I am sure you both have seen enough political bickering to last several lifetimes. This should be a week of celebration.?

The silent communication between the minister and his wife, and its accompanying emotion had not been missed by the two Jedi.

?So, can you tell us the events planned for tomorrow?? Qui-Gon asked, attempting to diffuse the underlying tension.

Athan smiled, the warmth returning to his eyes.

?A good idea, Master Jinn. Tomorrow I thought you both might like to get out and see some of the capitol city. There is a banquet tomorrow evening. It is a formal state function and many district governors will be attending along with my council of advisors. I have actually been meaning to discuss this with you.?

Athan shifted uncomfortably and directed his gaze towards Obi-Wan.

?Traditionally,? he stopped and smiled, carefully choosing wording, ?minors are not permitted to attend formal functions in our culture. It?s a matter of protocol, which leaves us with a dilemma as you are one of the representatives of the Republic.

?I understand completely Minister Marinou. My master and I have run across similar traditions before. It will not offend me to stay in the guest quarters for the evening.?

Minister Marinou smiled again.

?Thank you for your understanding in this.?

Light conversation continued as Phedra Marinou, still seething from being reprimanded, excused herself from the table, and disappeared into one of the rooms.

Chapter 8

Obi-Wan was comfortably stretched out on the sofa in sleep pants and a light tunic, enjoying the solitude of the guest quarters. A young woman from the residence?s staff had delivered a meal earlier. Having finished his meal, he was now reading through several data pads on Denuran history.

He smiled to himself as he thought of Qui-Gon at the evening?s banquet. Knowing his master?s dislike for elaborate social functions, he felt sorry for him. He was actually glad to be missing it, if for no other reason than to be free of Lady Marinou?s presence for the evening. It seemed that every time he had seen her during the day he was looking into a piercing stare. He now understood the unsettled feeling of being stalked. The fact that his master could actually find humor in the situation didn?t help his frustration.

He blinked his eyes and rolled his shoulders ba

3. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    Phedra was visiably seething because Obi wasn't allowed to go to the banquet? ummm something about her!

Now Obi-Wan has been kidnapped!

Great chapters! Looking forward to more. :D

4. Master_Noi

Sep 8, 2004
    Oops! Miscommunication there about why Phedra is seething. I went back and edited it, so hopefully it's clearer. :p

5. Opal

Opal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    Hmmm. The plot thickens. :) Good chapters, Noi

6. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Uh oh! Not good! [face_worried]

7. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    And the suspense thickens!! Wonder who's behind it? Hmmm guess we'll find out shortly, eh?

Poor Qui :( feeling guilty. Awesome chapter!

8. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Oh dear and now Obi-Wan is kidnapped and I have the feeling Qui-Gon might be shortly -- excellent updates! I am eagerly awaiting more. SO nice to come back and find this fic updated :)

Keep up the good work!

9. Jaxx_w

Jaxx_w Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 8, 2004
    The plot thickens. Interesting.

Poor Obi and Qui. And Qui is already feeling quilty. Hurrah for Qui guilt! (that is so mean of me...not even his fault)

10. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I return from Hawaii to find Obi kidnapped? ANd how could I have missed the shower scene???

Well, I still think you deserve choc covered macadamis nuts for this one. hands out treats to author

11. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Hmmm, liked the description of this being pushing through the crowds and even more so the conversation view by him of Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan in the diner. The mission is straightforward. You?ll be able to wrap it up and get back to your leave quickly.? - oh sure, that's what they always say and it never turns out that way. :D :D Qui-Gon's attitude is quite understandable in wondering over this mission... ?Asked for you by name the first minister did,? - that couldn't have been stated first?? Okay, they were asked for,but from an isolated planet why? Where did their names come up from???

Why or why do I have a bad feeling about the minister's wife??? :D :D Oohh, a little exercise?? I can just bet who may have to peek in on them... along with the rest of us. Okay, expected her to show up at the gym... not in his room while he's exiting the shower. Hmmm, looks like Obi-Wan better keep his master at his side at all times.

?You?ll be fine padawan. She seemed just as embarrassed as you were by the situation.? -- only for getting busted by the master! [face_laugh]

Obi-Wan not going to the formal ceremony?? SHould we guess now who will suddenly take ill? OOhh, I liked that it twisted from what I thought was going to happen. So kidnapped instead of seduced?

Wonderfully story Master_Noi, I look forward to more!

12. Master_Noi

Sep 8, 2004
    Jedikma - Thanks for helping me catch what was unclear there. ;)

Opal Hmmm [face_mischief]

o_e Yeah, not good.

Kynstar - Yes, you get to find out shortly, and you can just keep saying poor Qui. [face_mischief]

Layren - Qui may just wish he was kidnapped after he sees what is in store for him. :p

Jaxx_w - Hurrah for Qui guilt![face_laugh]

Kitara - Ooooo! Chocolate. Thanks for catching up!

Healer_Leona - Welcome! Glad you are enjoying this little fic.

oh sure, that's what they always say and it never turns out that way. yep

OOhh, I liked that it twisted from what I thought was going to happen. So kidnapped instead of seduced?

Couldn't do what eveyone expected now, could I?
    Should have the next post up in a little bit.

13. Master_Noi

Sep 8, 2004
    Chapter 9

?I?m listening,? said Qui-Gon as he rose from his kneeling position and turned to face Advisor Macres. Standing now at his full height, Qui-Gon easily towered over the shorter man. He sensed a momentary nervousness before the man gained his composure.

?I?ve always been curious Master Jinn,? he said as he stepped closer. ?I have heard that the Jedi master and apprentice relationship can be as close as that of any parent and child. I?ve heard that you can sense each others? thoughts and emotions.?

Qui-Gon said nothing.

?Tell me Master Jinn, what do you sense right now??

Qui-Gon reached out to find his apprentice still unconscious, but remained neutral and silent. Macres? features curved into a malicious sneer as he spoke into a comlink.

?Wake him up,? he commanded.

The two men waited in silence for a few moments until Qui-Gon felt his apprentice?s unshielded end of their bond come to life with a mixture of disorientation and panic. Qui-Gon exhaled slowly as he felt his apprentice?s mind reach for his. He sent waves of reassurance through the Force.

Seeing the change in the Jedi master?s demeanor, Macres broke the silence.

?Now that you two have been reunited, in a way, we can have that discussion.?

Qui-Gon stared Macres in the eyes with a gaze devoid of the emotional turmoil he now felt within.

Cyril Macres clasped his hands behind his back, assuming a very authoritative stance.

?You will not speak to anyone about this conversation. You will not leave the residential grounds, unless it is an outing that has been officially arranged by myself. You will not try to communicate with anyone concerning this, including your temple.? He paused for emphasis.

?What do you want?? Qui-Gon asked.

?You will kill First Minister Marinou at the official signing ceremony in two days. If you complete this task, your apprentice will be safely returned.?

?You seriously expect that I will meet this demand??

?I am very anxious to see how much your apprentice means to you. Is he merely your student, or is he your son??

?He is a Jedi and would not want me to kill, no matter the circumstances.?

?We?ll see. Should you fail to complete this task at the appropriate time, we will kill your apprentice immediately.?

Qui-Gon?s feeling of dread intensified.

?Please put this around your wrist Master Jinn.?

?What is it??

?A tracking device. I want to know where you are at all times. It will alert me if you go beyond the residential walls or if it is removed.?

?And if I refuse to wear it??

Macres whispered into his comlink, and Qui-Gon felt pain tear through his mind so intensely it caused him to once again drop to his knees. Macres squatted down to look the Jedi master in the eyes, picking up the large man?s hand and snapping the tracker around the Jedi?s wrist.

?The rules are not open for discussion, Master Jinn. Your apprentice will pay the penalty should you break any rules.?

He turned and started towards the door, pausing before he exited.

?Be aware Master Jinn. I have eyes and ears everywhere.?

14. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Oi vey!!! Oh man oh man! Evil dude! He knows a lil toooo much about the relationship between a Master and a Paddy. Hmmm he'll utilize that bond to his extentful evil means. :( oh man! I feel for Qui! What a hard decision to make, let's see if he does obide by what the Code would have him do. (which would be not to kill the guy regardless of the situation) or if he can find a way out of this.

And Obi :( having to pay if Qui doesn't follow the 'rules'. Scary stuff!!

Awesome chapter!

(edit: Sorry Master of mine ;) must be our bond for reading the same story at the same time hehehe)

15. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Oh what a horrible cliffe! more!! I'm first I'm first! yay!

Oh dear Qui-Gon seems to be in a bit of trouble doesn't he.. :D

one wonders how Qui-Gon will get out of this one -- most excellent update!

Edit --ACK PADAWAN I wanted to be first!!

16. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    Ooohhhh these people are quite diabolical.

Great chapter. Looks like Qui-Gon has his back against a wall, can't wait to see how he handles this.

17. Vivid_Scripts

Vivid_Scripts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2004
    aha! the plot thickens...

18. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Aack! Evil cliffie alert! Don't leave us hanging there, have mercy!

19. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I see you have been reading the evil author handbook

20. JEDI-KNIGHTS_R_L

JEDI-KNIGHTS_R_L Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2004
    this is a very intresting story and i am realy enjoing it.

21. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Oh, I've missed a bunch of posts :oops: I have to work but I'll be catching up soon! :D

22. BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon

BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 15, 2004
    I missed a load of posts, too. Will try very hard to remedy that tonight. Superb story, by the way.

23. Master_Noi

Sep 8, 2004
    Wow, I got two nominations for this. I'm speechless. [face_blush]

24. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    :( Poor Obi. And yes much as it pains me, poor Jinn! :D Congrats on the noms! ;)

25. Master_Noi

Sep 8, 2004
    I'm glad everyone liked my evil cliffie. Unfortunately, the situation is not likely to be resolved in one post. [face_devil]

I like being able to keep up with posting every other day, but I know some folks are still catching up and I want to give them that time. I also know that some are really busy with the whole nominations thing.

So, what I have decided to do for those who want more is to post smaller posts for a little while. I should have the next up in a few minutes.

Kynstar ? Yes, Qui has a hard choice. I kind of thought it was twisted to have Obi?s well-being rest in Qui?s ability to follow the rules. [face_mischief]

Layren ? Just a little bit of trouble ;)

Jedikma ? Yeah, they are pretty evil. We?ll have to see how Qui deals with this.

vivid_scripts ? yes, it does. [face_devil]

VaderLVR ? what is mercy?

Kitara ? Wow, there?s a handbook? :D

JEDI-KNIGHTS_R_L ? Thanks for reading!

tangled_sphere and BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon - Sorry, I kind of dumped some longer posts on everyone there. Thanks for sticking with me though. ;)

obi_ew - Wow, I made you feel sorry for Qui-Gon.:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.