main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo Enfys Nest

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Ender_and_Bean, May 26, 2018.

1. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    How awesome was she? There’s a Boba Fett after Jango Fett lineage aspect to her role if you listen to the dialogue closely. She tells them her mother wore the suit before her. Which helps explain why the others continue to follow her. I honestly thought it was great. Reminded me a little of the young Queen in Game of Thrones who decides to align with the Starks but even cooler than that.

She fought well in combat. I enjoyed her use of the weapon and how her voice sounded in the mask. I liked her pride when she felt she and their group were being seem as some ruthless gang without purpose. I liked how she was open-minded to Han’s plan and how she gave him some of the fuel in the end, which he then used to ultimately win the Falcon.

Really cool character idea tied to lineage and the formation of the Rebel alliance. I also liked the end where she tells him they can join and he turns them down and she says maybe later.

The actress, Erin Kellyman, has solid screen presence for a teen actress and as a red haired woman of color she has a fresh face among Hollywood and within Star Wars. I also liked her voice. Anyone else pleasantly surprised by her and the reveal?

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 26, 2018
  2. Jim Smith

Jim Smith Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 5, 2017
    Enfys Nest is one of the major problems with this Solo turd! Apart from her name being totally friggin ridiculous she's only 16 years old and I don't see why kathleen kennedy had this character be in the movie and not Boba Fett!

3. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    Enfys Nest as a whole was one of my favorite things about the film. I've been intrigued since the first pictures of the character leaked and I love the costume. The fight sequence on the train was kick ass and I was pleasantly surprised by the twist at the end with her involvement in the Rebellion. I definitely thought the character was going to end up more on the villainous side.

Erin Kellyman did a great job. I'd like to see more of her in this character.

4. Ender_and_Bean

May 19, 2002
    Because Boba Fett didn’t connect into the early origins of the Rebel alliance, wouldn’t have listened to Han’s plan, and wouldn’t have served the function of showing Han turn down the opportunity to join the early Rebel alliance in order to remain an independent smuggler with Chewie.

5. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    She felt like someone you'd have found in Rebels, for some reason.

I take it she was freckled up for the movie.

6. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Not everyone can have such a sensible name as yourself. This is Star Wars.
    Why would Han feel sympathy for & side with some jerk bounty hunter like Boba Fett, as opposed to a brave teenaged girl fighting her oppressors? That would be unrealistic. I think they made a good choice on all fronts with this character.

7. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Awesome character! I love her musical theme, the look of her outfit, the sound of her voice through the helmet and the revelation when she removes the helmet and explains everything. What a turning point!
    Erin Kellyman felt like the perfect choice for the part, too. Such strength and kindness in her! And those eyes... [face_love]

Enfys Nest is one of many unexpected elements in Solo that I really appreciate. It's nice to follow Han on his journey from one side of the galaxy to the other and see "a lot of strange stuff".

I was unsure about the name Enfys Nest at first, but somehow, it just fits.

8. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    I loved her. Enfys Nest was cool, visually...but once she took the mask off and saw who was underneath, she became really intriguing. Probably my favorite new character from the movie. I wish she was in more of the film to be honest, because she and her little band of warriors show a lot of creative world-building and make the GFFA seem large again. And as a fellow ginger, its nice to see such a cool red-haired character introduced.

9. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Nice twist with her being a ‘good person’ and not a villain. As someone who didn’t go looking for serious spoilers I liked seeing it all play out.

10. Akane

Akane Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 20, 2018
    What a great character, I would have liked to know more about her. I was surprised to see someone so young behind the helmet, she is a great fighter despite her young age, similar to Rey, Enfys also seems quite mature.

11. Ender_and_Bean

May 19, 2002
    I’m curious to learn more about her mother who wore the mask prior and learn when she took over and who perhaps killed her
    mom within the crime world.

12. Zef

Zef Jedi Knight

Oct 26, 2015
    She was the best part of the movie for me, I really wanted to see more of her.

Fandalorian, spicer and Shaak Ti like this.
  13. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Fantastic character. A complete badass. I loved everything about her and I hope/think we’ll be seeing more of her. She had a great theme as well.

After Maul, her reveal was the biggest surprise for me. I just didn’t expect it at all. Well done to Erin Kellyman for doing such a great job with the character.

14. lavjoricso

lavjoricso Force Ghost star 4

May 25, 2001
    I was really surprised when she took her mask off, i used to see the kid who played her around at work.

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  15. The Raddinator

The Raddinator Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 18, 2017
    I enjoyed the character but I feel like she seemed a bit disjointed from the rest of the movie, possibly as a casualty of all the reshoots etc. I completely forgot about her existence for 90% of the runtime, which is a shame.

Hypatia likes this.
  16. Cantina Regular

Cantina Regular Jedi Knight star 3

May 24, 2016
    After it was over I wish we saw more of her and her gang. A colorful mix of new and old aliens with kick ass getups. Looking forward to them all getting figures with removable helmets

Hypatia, J_K_DART and Shaak Ti like this.
  17. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I just realized this. Maul probably was fine with losing the fuel. It still went to a cause that would hurt the Empire.

18. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    Enfys Nest was like Captain Phasma, except Nest earns her screen time. Or like Boba Fett if he actually did something remarkable in terms of onscreen action.

The only thing the bothered me was her first face reveal, only because I thought she was supposed to be returning character. The feeling went away after she told past history to Solo and co.

Honestly, Nest was one of my favs of the movie, and I liked everyone.

19. Joystick Chevron

Joystick Chevron Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2017
    I doubt we'll get her on film again (at least in the near future, considering they dragged Jimmy Smits and Genevieve O'Reilly out from Revenge of the Sith, maybe someday), but I really want to see her get one of their comic miniseries. She already has an interesting backstory and character setup in Solo, I want to see more.

Hypatia, Revanfan1, J_K_DART and 2 others like this.
  20. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    She looks like a young Maya Rudolph.

Snokers and DarthHass like this.
  21. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    Her voice through her voice regulator thing made her sound like The Great Humongous from Mad Max lol

22. grungebunny

grungebunny Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 20, 2005
    Padme was 14, Leia was 19, Rey was 19, badass teen girls everywhere in Star Wars. I love that she was trying to toughen herself up.

23. Jim Smith

Jim Smith Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 5, 2017
    Let me put it another way, Solo should've been written in a way that would've let Boba Fett into the story. It would've been so bad-ass to see Boba up on the big screen giving Solo a hard time instead we're going to have a whole other anthology film about Mr. Fett. Way too many Star Wars movies going on these days.

24. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    I feel like this story didn't need Fett. At least, the way they told it.

The only thing I think maybe they could have done would be to have the Slave I somewhere in the Kessel Run sequence, like when they escape it, you see Fett's ship tracking the Falcon. As if he was watching on Kessel and noticed them stealing all of that hyperspace fuel, then he shows up at the very end and it's a three way thing between Enfys, Boba and Han's crew.

But I think if there's a sequel, it'll involved Jabba and yes Boba will be in it somewhere.

whostheBossk and J_K_DART like this.
  25. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    Really? We're blaming Kathleen Kennedy for this now too?

Can I blame her for my student loans?

I was really digging Enfys' helmet.