main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo Enfys Nest

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Ender_and_Bean, May 26, 2018.

1. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The Alliance wasn't formed from the many existing Rebel groups till long after Solo (around 2 years before ANH) - but when it was formed, they specifically excluded Gerrara's group because it was so ruthless.

In The Rebel Files, a point is made of Mon Mothma disapproving of Gerrara from very early on. Not sure of the exact date she expressed that disapproval - but it was early.

DarthJaceus, PCCViking and Bor Mullet like this.
  2. Rodney-2187

Rodney-2187 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 6, 2015
    I like the mystique around the character. She mentions her mother, so I take it Enfys Nest is a persona that can be passed on to multiple people. I'd love a novel or something to tell more adventures of the character. Too bad Rebels has ended, it could have been a great cameo.

3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I don't care for the name. At all. It sounds like a seedy tavern from some second rate TV show on the Syfy channel.

4. Rodney-2187

Apr 6, 2015
    That makes me like it even more!

5. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    I find it to be one of the best SW names since Boba Fett.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
    Fifi Kenobi likes this.
  6. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Enfys means Rainbow in Welsh. The cloud riders transport is called the Aerie which is the nest of a large bird of prey. Their names are about the sky and things that belong there. Gwalch (Hawk) would be a good codename for her mother as it also means someone who causes trouble for authorities, a menace, a rogue. Enfys being her hope for the future, an end to the dark times.
    https://www.universeofsymbolism.com/rainbow-symbolism.html

That would be one of the most interesting things to explore in Star Wars I think. I'd go back to Enfys as a young child. Have "Capain Gwalch" doing space pirate stuff on the Aerie, stealing from the empire and causing trouble for them, and Enfys having her own small adventures at the same time, learning as she goes.

rodneyfaile likes this.
  7. Wilhuff's Slippers

Wilhuff's Slippers Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 12, 2019
    There's something kind of Mandalorian about Enfys Nest's attire, I wonder if it's possible that part of the families story may be referenced in the Mandalorian?

I've seen it mentioned that both Boba Fett and Enfys Nest is a moniker that's passed on with the armour, is it possible they're both considered to be Mandalorians but not by birth? I dunno, I'm reaching a bit but hopefully someone out there in the unknown regions gets my drift...

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  8. Gonk Droid

Gonk Droid Jedi Knight star 1

May 7, 2017
    It appears that I'm one of the very few that's not a fan of EN. I have nothing against the actress nor the role itself, I was just very underwhelmed when the helmet was removed. For me it was a disappointment. No matter how hard I try I just cannot get it into my head that she is the leader of a group of pirates and (as the Databank puts it) "An extremely dangerous marauder" and "Ferocious warrior".

Sorry folks, just being honest.

9. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I didn't like the reveal, either. It feels like these movies are obsessed with subverting your expectations. She looks like a kid. You know what would have been cooler than a kid? Not a kid. Too bad, as Enfys Nest was coming off as a character to be taken seriously, but that was ruined for me.

Gonk Droid likes this.
  10. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Very young warriors were pretty common in ancient times, so this was OK for me to see in the galaxy far, far away.

11. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Yah, I like that she's a kid because she inherited a huge burden from her mother and since she is such a fierce warrior it's a good twist and it shows how desperate the Dark Time are if some kid has to become a freakin' warlord. Them kids are donning killer masks and flying around and stealing coaxium and stuff! The Empire and Crimson Dawn are just that darn evil! It is a dark time for the galaxy!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    El_Machete12 and Mr. Forest like this.
  12. Rodney-2187

Apr 6, 2015
    Kids grow into adults, and adults who have been fighting since they were kids are often formidable.

It also established Enfys Nest as a mantle that has been passed along to different people, so a version of Enfys Nest could pop up almost anywhere. I wonder what they criteria is for becoming Enfys Nest? I think it's all very interesting.

Iron_lord and Mr. Forest like this.
  13. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    What's the problem with Enfys Nest being young? Look at the likes of Leia, Padme, and Ahsoka. All three started off in Star Wars as young leader who lead their peoples/armies into battle. Plus, the Cloud Riders were primarily resistance fighters rather than pirates.

Leia was 19 in A New Hope
    Enfys was 18 in Solo
    Padme was 14 in The Phantom Meance
    Ashoka was 14 at the start The Clone Wars

14. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Enfys Nest didn't make much of an impression on me the first time I watched Solo, because I was (quite understandably) focused on Han Solo. But after seeing it a couple more times, she's grown on me a bit. I find her interesting, and I would be I interested in seeing her some more. Also, as some others have already mentioned, the name Enfys Nest is vaguely Mandalorian sounding.

Mr. Forest likes this.
  15. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    Star Wars instagram put up a post today with the tidbit that Enfys Nest's helmet has a poem that reads,

"Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”

16. Admiral_Wyvern

Admiral_Wyvern Jedi Master star 2

Feb 14, 2014
    I like the outfit, and her fight on the train was honestly one of the coolest things since disney took over. That said I wasn't that impressed with the actress' delivery. Performance felt a bit wooden.

17. Pliolite

Pliolite Jedi Master star 3

May 3, 2014
    I remember reading once that Enfys Nest was originally meant to be Qi'ra in disguise, and this is before Paul Bettany was cast and everything got changed with Dryden Vos, taking her in that direction instead.

That makes perfect sense for why Enfys ended up as a strange, letdown character, cause they basically just wanted to keep the suit, the character name, the fact it was a girl underneath, the Cloud Riders etc. but Enfys herself was suddenly pointless because the connection to Han had gone.

Admiral_Wyvern likes this.
  18. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I don’t know where you read that, but no credible source I’ve seen has mentioned it. I don’t think it’s true. And I think most fans didn’t see her as a letdown.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
    wobbits and Mr. Forest like this.
  19. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    You know what...? I vaguely recall reading that. It may very well have been simply speculation.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  20. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yes, it was discussed here... I think it was simply speculation that started here.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  21. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    I remember there was speculation about Qi'ra being under the guise of Enfys Nest, but that all started way after the reshoots were done I believe.

22. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    Nest's fan shields on her arms are made from Mandalorian Beskar iron, so she's at least got access to Mando-material.

23. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    I thought she was a bad @$$. Really took over the screen with her presence. Maybe not so much after the reveal, but I totally get the point made. The costume and fight scenes were terrific! I am glad I wasn't spoiled before the movie as it was a huge shock when she was revealed. Easy to look at too. Would like to see more of the character in spinoffs. Just opened the figure with swoop bike to go with my Solo collection. Looks Great.

24. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    The Enfys Nest theme was pretty much the only thing I liked about Solo. Actual character did nothing for me. Loved the actress in Les Mis, though.

25. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    Yeah. Sometimes the simplest answers are the right ones. As such, a straightforward antagonist in that costume, on that bike, with those Cloud Rider associates, would possibly have elevated the character to legendary Star Wars status. The fact that it was some 12 year old freckly ginger kid beneath the costume kind of dampened it a bit.