main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo Enfys Nest

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Ender_and_Bean, May 26, 2018.

1. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Yeah count me in on team #EnfysNest I thought she was great.

Satipo, TK327, vncredleader and 3 others like this.
  2. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    Fun character, if a bit underused. Really enjoyed the reveal as early rebels.

3. unicorn

unicorn Chosen One star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    I'd also love to see the story of what happened to her mother in a book or comic. Enfys Nest is biracial so they could make her mom a WOC, and it'd be awesome to see how she started the Cloudriders and the legend of Enfys Nest and passed her principles down to her daughter (Star Wars mother/daughter relationships are sorely lacking).

Last edited: May 29, 2018
    Shaak Ti, Mr. Forest and PCCViking like this.
  4. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    She was great and I would have liked to see more of her.

Mr. Forest likes this.
  5. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Hopefully she'll show up again in a future project. Also her theme music was EPIC!!

6. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    Oh damn, her music is BADASS. I hadn't realized until I just sat down and started listening to the soundtrack. Plus, I've only seen the film once.

spicer and Shaak Ti like this.
  7. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    It's the coolest piece of character music since The Imperial March, I'll go that far. Kylo's theme in TFA was pretty good as well, but not this good.

Jedi Knight Fett and Mr. Forest like this.
  8. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    Do any fans of the character think they would have still liked Enfys Nest had s/he been a more conventional villain? Maybe even a character that wasn't eventually unmasked.

Or is the appeal because of the "twist" ?

Cave of Erised likes this.
  9. Shaak Ti

Shaak Ti Jedi Master star 3

Dec 22, 2015
    Absolutely. Was already my favorite minor villian since Jango

Last edited: May 30, 2018
    Mr. Forest and Bob Effette like this.
  10. Silent Android

Silent Android Jedi Master star 1

Jan 1, 2016
    Wait, was her name "Enfys Nest," or is that the name of the group? I was thinking the latter.

Mr. Forest likes this.
  11. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    That's her name, and the Cloud Riders is the name of the group.

Mr. Forest likes this.
  12. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    I can understand why. Regardless of who is actually under the helmet, that costume design is one of the best of the franchise.

Mr. Forest and Shaak Ti like this.
  13. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I would have still thought she was great if she would have been a straight up villain.

Believe it or not, some of my favorite movie and television characters are villains.

Mr. Forest likes this.
  14. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    The name of the group was the "Cloud Riders." They sort of imply that "Enfys Nest" might be more of a title than an actual name (she mentions something about her mother having "worn the mask" before her and that said mother was dead now).

15. Skydoll

Skydoll Jedi Master star 1

Apr 27, 2016
    Great character, great theme, great costume. Great reveal too - beautiful actor in Erin Kellyman. When you see the movie a second time, hers and the Cloud Riders theme with all those choral voices really takes on another layer.

16. Ginkasa

Ginkasa Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    She definitely had a presence even before the twist. I think she still would have been a favorite. For me, I would have still thought she was cool, but I wouldn't be particularly interested in the character outside of that. With the reveal, I think it opens a lot more possibilities than what a, in my mind, generic masked pirate would have.

I do hope they don't just ditch the mask and gangster identity in future appearances, though. I'm not generally a fan when they introduce a character with a cool aesthetic and then refuse to use that aesthetic in future movies.

(I'm also hoping Kylo Ren masks back up in IX).

17. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Very memorable character. And I really love how she was first presented as a nefarious pirate, but really for many of the early rebels, there was very little difference between them and pirates except for their motives.

It's like the difference between a rebel and a terrorist. Just depends on your ideology. Was Luke Skywalker the greatest terrorist the galaxy has ever know because he destroyed the Death Star and all who where aboard it? Well no.

Nest's reveal as an early rebel was fantastic and struck a chord with me. And given her fervor to fight the Empire, her actions at the train heist make perfect sense to me.

To her, Beckett's crew are the vile pirates, stealing coaxium for gangsters who represent the dark side, just like the Empire.

Cave of Erised likes this.
  18. Silent Android

Jan 1, 2016
    Actually, he was...from a certain point of view. :obiwan:

19. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Nope, terrorism has a definition that doesn't fit what Luke did :luke:

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  20. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    My favorite character from Solo. I loved the armor, helmet, costume from the start. But when I realized that the cloud riders were a bunch of never never land kids, the character became my favorite. Something about rebels, kids, fighting the good fight against evil space pirates appeals to me. I can’t wait for more stories about these cloud riders.

AhsokaSolo and Mr. Forest like this.
  21. Silent Android

Jan 1, 2016
    That definition won't stop Imperial propaganda from making him out to be one. :)

22. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Do you think Luke was ever mentioned in propaganda? Seems like they'd want to keep that under wraps for a bunch of reasons. Probably keep the Death Star hushed up as much as possible too.

But Enfys Nest would talk about it.

23. Rodie

Apr 16, 2014
    You know it would have been great if Hux in the ST referred to Skywalker as a terrorist. That would have been great.

Kylo: And then we will find the last Jedi.
    Hux: Skywalker? That terrorist.

HAHA

Enfys' design and whole costume is better than any costume design in TFA or TLJ. So so good!

AhsokaSolo and Mr. Forest like this.
  24. ComfortablyNunb

ComfortablyNunb Jedi Master star 3

Nov 21, 2015
    I wonder if "Enfys Nest" being a title/mask passed on from mother to daughter was a test run for post-ROTJ Boba Fett.

Satipo likes this.
  25. Rodie

Apr 16, 2014
    Possibly.

But I do think a Boba Fett movie will be set after ROTJ, and it'll start with Boba climbing out of the Sarlaac Pit.