main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC22 Entry procedure

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by star_wars_is_good, May 17, 2022.

1. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    JonSB, could you elaborate on "turnstiles? what are they for?

2. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    Bag and prop checkpoint. It is near the end of the convention way road and they have fencing on each side of center walkway where the food trucks were in 2015 so I assume everyone will need to go through them

3. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    I was really looking forward to the food trucks.

4. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    Food trucks should still be there, at least based on the Level 1 Map on the previous page.

Based on location, I imagine it's best for the early early queuers like myself to arrive via that left health check next to Hall D/Where Hall E line will be?

5. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    Aha! the 'perimeter" map! I should hope this will be the only time it's used1 gut trucks(as they are called in the military) YUM! according to the map, previously put out, the gut trucks should be in the same place that they were before. that's when a mask can come in handy because of the massive exhaust from the trucks! the food is delicious, the exhaust- exhausting!

6. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    JonSB, thanks for clarification, can you take a picture of all the check points one must pass through to get to Cele.? it could become a "classic"!

7. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    I am quite looking forward to eating some nice food truck grub after going through the vaccine or negative test check.

8. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    No, it won't be classic. You pick up your wristband in under two minutes for the weekend and then you have security like normal. We are going to have a fun time.

BrentC007, Darkslayer and credar like this.
  9. StarWarsFan1997

StarWarsFan1997 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    Indeed, I took a break from Disney around 2pm and got my badge and wristband. It was a very in and out affair.

I am declaring with myself about how early I want to get to the convention center for tomorrow’s opening panel. Even with a code, I feel like I need to show up at least an hour early, if not earlier. Anyone have thoughts about this?

10. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    An hour early is fine. Anything earlier is just how good of a seat you want.

11. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Security is a cluster. They scan you and there’s a man that tells you to wait in a line that goes backwards to get bag checked if the scan beeps at you. However you’re already in at that point and there’s nobody keeping you in that line, so we just went along our way and got breakfast.

Ginkasa likes this.
  12. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Just a tip from the last London Cele - my friend and I took plastic shopping bags instead of our knapsacks after the first day and just had the bags in our pockets for stuff we picked up. It saved the bag check wait.

13. groove790

groove790 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 16, 2010
    my backpack has a metal frame with a seat. Do you think that will pass the check? They said those were prohibited in Chicago so I left it at home but then I saw several people inside with similar bags and full size camp chairs so I regretted leaving it at home.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

14. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    Star Wars is Good, I was being sarcastic again, I do believe for the next Cele.(hope it's Orlando) these check points will be over and fans will be able to carry on like years ago! one has to have some hope all this will be over soon. I do believe it.

15. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    It probably depends on the volunteer checking it.

16. groove790

groove790 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 16, 2010
    I'm going to risk it. I'm staying in the Marriott so if I have to I can take it and swap it. I will try to play the "I just had knee surgery and need the option to sit" card, if I have to.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

17. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    They’ve had security checks for years, nothing really changed this year. Only extra was someone asking you to hold up your hand/show the health check wristband as you entered security. The actual checkpoint was the same as normal. They really didn’t make a big deal out of it.

BrentC007 likes this.
  18. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    Yes, that is true for security checks, sadly, they may become more stringent still(hope not)I was referring to the health checks, I do hope that these vanish soon, all mandates vanish, things like this can be stressful, worrying about security and health. another reason I did'nt come was my feet and knees have hurting some time now and to enjoy
    Cele. you need speed and strength to get things done! Maybe I'm getting "too old for this", but I will prevail ,get healthy and be ready for the next Cele. here. I thought about Cele. London next year and asked myself, Could I be ready for it? but I won't be able to go. I wish you and others who will be there great fun! The last 2 years have taken their tolls on some, like me.

19. Ginkasa

Ginkasa Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    I didn't even get asked to raise my hand or anything. And getting the wristband was super quick and painless. Really not a big deal.

BrentC007 and star_wars_is_good like this.