main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

EpIII Yoda

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by AfterBurner, Aug 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AfterBurner

AfterBurner Jedi Youngling

Oct 4, 2005
    I have been priveleged enough recently to have been granted permission to use Jared Reisweber's amazing Episode III Yoda model in my latest fan film. For those who haven't seen the thread on the forums, it's an amazing model (what I personally consider to be almost of ILM quality modelling, and without a doubt the best Yoda model I have _ever_ seen).

It is somewhat lacking in textures however, and so having converted the model to 3DS Max I'm now looking for one or two people (perhaps with some software like Z-Brush) who would be willing to give him a rework. On the topic by the way I will eventually need him animated, so if you're interested in doing either then drop me a line. I'm away at the moment, but just send me an email at xanatos@blueyonder.co.uk or me P.M. me and I'll get back to you as soon as I can with more information. Thanks.

2. PalpatineSpecter

PalpatineSpecter Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 22, 2004
    Send me the yoda

3. darthviper107

darthviper107 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2003
    I could probably help with rigging the model for animation, I've done a lot of that lately.

4. Brandeni

Brandeni Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2002
    Well I have zbrush and know how to texture with it.

send me a PM with a link and I will give it a go for you.

5. swimmerman91

swimmerman91 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2005
    hey cool, I also need a high quality yoda for an upcoming fan film.
    When your all done, could you hook me up?

6. yodajared

yodajared Jedi Youngling

Oct 15, 2005
    I didn't realize there was still such a need for yoda. I'm nearing completion of my latest version. I've been busy with other projects lately, but i will soon get to finishing him. Sometimes i get so obsessed with making him completely accurate I keep making changes that end up doing nothing.
    A while ago i asked if anyone had this picture from the making of EP.III or that recent edition of SW insider(I have neither):
    [image=http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/7457/btsms1029og.jpg]
    If someone could send me a scan for referance, i'd be greatful (and i'd also be finished sooner). These would also help me with facial expressions.
    The new model has much better topology for animation, and is more accurate.

7. HowardFilms

HowardFilms Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2005
    I might have that, yodajared, I'll check

8. AfterBurner

AfterBurner Jedi Youngling

Oct 4, 2005
    Oh cool Jared, I actually emailed you a while back about whether or not you where still working on him but got no response, which is why I posted this ;). Well, maybe Brandeni would be able to work on texturing your latest one once it's finished? :p Thanks for the responses by the way guys.

9. fireresq7

fireresq7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2002
    To Darthviper you listen, excellent rigger he is! [face_alien_1]

~Rory

10. yodajared

yodajared Jedi Youngling

Oct 15, 2005
    sorry AfterBurner, I guess I forgot to write back.
    I have a question. On my previous Yoda, his his clothes were all separate meshes. Would it be more reasonable to simply combine his under suit with his body and remove any mesh that would not be seen? this would make the most sense to me. I figure the cloak should still be separate though.

11. darthviper107

Jun 26, 2003
    Depending on how detailed you want it to be, if you want to have full cloth simulation then you need to keep the full body under the clothes, but if you just want the robe to be simulated then you could just model the hands and arms and have the tunic as the body, but the ILM model had a full body with animation on all cloth for full realisticness.

12. dvdcdr

dvdcdr Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 8, 2006
    I also have ZBrush and would be happy to do some texturing or detailing work on the model if someone could send it to me. By the way, great model, Yodajared.

13. darthviper107

Jun 26, 2003
    I wish I had Zbrush, I could use it so much, but I have to save for 3ds Max 9 and other college stuff so it's out for the time being, unless the college I'm going to happens to have it.

14. fireresq7

fireresq7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2002
    UPDATES?

~Rory

15. Jaren_Valnor

Jaren_Valnor Jedi Master star 2

Sep 19, 2004
    Jared, what Insider is that? The one with Yoda on the cover? If so, I will probably be able to get you a scan.

16. yodajared

yodajared Jedi Youngling

Oct 15, 2005
    yes jaren_valnor, Insider #86. I think its a two page spread if i remember, so if you are able, both pages would be nice. Thanks alot!

17. JeneralJarJar

JeneralJarJar Jedi Master star 1

May 1, 2003
    There was a PDF floating around with that image in it if I remember correctly... maybe at the official site.

edit: here it is

18. yodajared

yodajared Jedi Youngling

Oct 15, 2005
    thank you JeneralJarJar! this is exactly what i needed!
    never mind Jaren_Valnor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.