main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Prairie Episode 2 in Edmonton

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by sarahpie, Feb 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sarahpie

sarahpie Jedi Master star 1

Dec 9, 2001
    Hey all you Edmontonians!

I'm originally from Edmonton and moved down to the U.S a few years ago. Well, my family and I will be in Alberta in May, and I was wondering what the plans were for the opening night of Episode 2. What theater are you guys planning on going to? We'll probablly be in Camrose for the most part, but I really want to get up to Edmonton so I can see it.

Anyways, I hope to hear back from someone soon. And, go Oilers!

2. BenQ

BenQ Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2001
    Probably I will go to Edmonton City Centre Cinema (formerly Eaton Center Cinema). They have one of the biggest screens and the best sound system (on screen 2), and by being in a mall you don't have to worry about other people lining up three days ahead of time. (for Ep.1 they didn't allow people to start lining till 6am the day tickets went on sale)

3. sarahpie

sarahpie Jedi Master star 1

Dec 9, 2001
    Eaton Center has a movie theater? For some reason I don't rememeber that.....And when did it stop being called Eaton Center?

ANYWAYS...

What about West Edmonton Mall? I know they have like a billion move theaters there. That's the part of town I grew up in, so I'd actually know where things are there.

4. BenQ

BenQ Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2001
    In West Edmonton Mall it will probably show at Silver City (they get almost all the big name movies). A lot of people I know like Silver City, but I hate it. I find the seats uncomfortable, and the screens awkward to look at. As for line ups, WEM let people start lining up 24 hours before tickets went on sale three years ago.

As for Edmonton City Center - it was renamed after Eaton's went under. (basically the owners of Edmonton Center bought out Eaton Center and have started calling the two of them together Edmonton City Center)

5. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    I would recommend going to either Silver City (Famous Players) at West Edmonton Mall (theaters 1-12 are all THX certified) or to South Edmonton Common (Cineplex Odeon) with is also THX certified and has stadium seating. Looking at present ticket prices, South Edmonton Common has the cheapest prices for THX certified theaters in the city...

6. thecollector

thecollector Jedi Youngling

Mar 26, 2002
    west ed gets a little nutty around star wars time, if you see ep2 in silver city you'll end up with a neck cramp from sitting in the front row. I recommend south Edmonton commons on calgary trail south & 23 ave. the screens are huge the sound is impressive and the seats recline. the theatre is only a year old. I suggest a matinee on a week day to avoid a crunch (that goes for any theatre) Hope this helps and lets hope aotc
    is better than tpm.

7. fingthething

fingthething Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    I like silver city the best because of that big ass Yoda they have in the corner, anyway, thats where im goin. I'll be dressed as Darth Maul, so if you see me come say hi.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.