main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Episode 7,8,9 ????

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by JediMasterCassel, Mar 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterCassel

JediMasterCassel Jedi Youngling

Mar 5, 2005
    Of corse every star wars fan has heard of these mysterious post triligy films. About the sith, dark jedi, and Lukes new jedi order. But recently, ive discovered over the internet that there are scripts(obviously, and i have read) and they are seriously discusing on puting these scripts to film. Any one have info on this?!?!

2. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    The scripts are fan written and have no basis in fact.

Lucas probably did have a vague outline of what he might want to achieve in a latter trilogy, but I think he incorporated it all into the first 3 films while doing the scripts for Empire and Jedi.

Heck if you really look you can find Lucas discussing 12 episodes at first! That quickly went to 9 while Empire was being made and then the whole idea of a sequel trilogy seems to be dropped sometime in the mid 80's.

With the prequels the actual story line of Star Wars becomes evident as The Rise and Fall of Anakin Skywalker. That story started with The Phantom Menace and ended in Return of the Jedi.

Anything else in the Star Wars universe is just that. Something else. Perhaps new motion pictures will be made someday, same as there is talk of a TV series, but those will be merely stories set in the same universe and won't really detail the life of Anakin and his offspring.

3. Darth_Underwear

Darth_Underwear Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    Not in movies, ever. You hear that Supershadow??? I know you're are out there.

Okay, back to the facts.
    "Now, for the first time: the authorized continuation of the legendary Star Wars saga..."

The Timothy Zahn Trilogy.

Heir to the Empire.
    Dark Force Rising.
    The Last Command.

I think that is about as "official" a chapter 7,8 and 9 well ever get.

4. LordDarthUmbrus

LordDarthUmbrus Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I agree, DU.

Lucas has agreed that the Timothy Zahn trilogy is cannon. He even went as far as putting an Admiral Thrawn cameo in one of the OT remakes.

Can't remember which one. Probably ESB.

Now if someone were to actualy FILM these, then that would be really something, though all the original OTers are getting pretty long in the tooth now.

Lucas has said that ROTS will be the last SW movie, but he said nothing about there not being a TV series.

5. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Umm? Thrawn in ESB? PPOR.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.