main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Episode 7 an original story

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by PrincessKenobi , Oct 31, 2012.

1. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Here is a link from the twitter post from tf.n

TheForcenet: LFL Source: SW Episode VII "An Original Story": http://t.co/Oz68uFVb

So not Thrawn Trilogy

You received this Ninja message from Tapatalk

obi-rob-kenobi4 likes this.
  2. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    As long as "individual characters" doesn't involve pulling a Jar Jar on us, I'm quite alright with that.

3. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    this is great news ::D

4. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    I view this as the logical and best choice for Disney. They'll want to carve their own path.

FinleySlade likes this.
  5. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Excellent. :)

6. Rodimus1980

Rodimus1980 Jedi Knight

Nov 1, 2009
    I saw that too. Probably will be 6-12 months before we are even told how long after "Return of the Jedi" these new movies take place. I hope Mark Hamill comes back as Luke Skywalker. The guy deserves it. Just need to get in a little better shape is all.

7. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    So we may get around to Thrawn or Vong movies eventually, but the SEQUEL TRILOGY will be an original story.

Probably set soon after CRUCIBLE and SWORD OF THE JEDI.

Amon_Amarth likes this.
  8. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    From Pablo Hidalgo's blog: http://starwarsblog.starwars.com/index.php/2012/10/30/on-the-brink-of-the-future/#more-18199

In short order, I met with some of Kathleen Kennedy’s key staffers who were now aboard with Lucasfilm. I introduced myself to her expanding story development team, and offered what insight I could given my long history with Star Wars and my deep knowledge of the saga. I’ve been fortunate to become known as one of the guys who knows Star Wars inside and out within the company. As George Lucas began preparing his treatments for future films, I’d get random requests for research from his office, and helped prepare documents, primers and writer guides for the next generation of Star Wars filmmakers, whoever they may be.

This clearly has been in the works for at least several months, if not earlier. I suspect the treatment is very detailed indeed, and the documents/primers makes sense if they're already lining up an Avengers-type lineup.

9. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    I don't expect it'll be set in relation to any preexisting story we're aware of, particularly if they're planning to do a series of spinoffs. They'll want the maximum amount of creative freedom possible, after all.

10. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Yeah, I expect theyre not going to fence themselves in with EU. If tradition holds, the ST might just put a steamroller to most of it.

11. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    That's good news.

12. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    My concern. The Saga, even the Prequels, are loaded with myth an symbology and depth beyond just spaceships and laser beams. I just don't know if they can or will keep that up or else drop much of that for fun and glitz. Not to knock fun and glitz, look at Star Trek. That reboot was fun fast and furious and worked even with new actors is old roles.

Even though they said these will not be films translated from the EU they could still go horribly wrong and make films that feel like the EU.

The-Eternal-Hero likes this.
  13. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    About time we get something that says "Screw you EU":p I'm tired of all this contradiction crap and complaining people have

14. darthgator1217

darthgator1217 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    It seems to me that consistency with the EU will not be a priority. They certainly can take from it whatever they want, but that's it.
    I am of the opinion that we are going to see new actors play Han, Luke, and so forth with events taking place not too long after Jedi.
    The notion of spin off movies is interesting . This sounds like what they were planning for the TV series.

15. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    The LA TV series was going to be nothing like this, as it was going to be set between Eps. III and IV and focus on bounty hunters.

16. darthgator1217

Apr 25, 2005
    I just meant that the live action show was not going to focus on the main characters.

17. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i'm really glad we can stop having the "if they go by the eu..." conversation.

18. fettmaster39

fettmaster39 Jedi Master star 3

Jun 9, 2005
    I hope it takes place at least 25 years or so after Jedi. I'd really dislike recasting the big three.

19. jimmybob2

jimmybob2 Jedi Knight

Jun 6, 2005
    Boycott boycott boycott boycott. They want to throw away the hundreds of novels and comics that have already expanded this area? **** that.

20. darthgator1217

Apr 25, 2005
    That is certainly possible. I suppose there are pros and cons to bring back the big 3. Honesty, I would rather see new people play them rather than bringing back Ford, Fisher, and Hamill.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  21. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    If your enjoyment of those products was dependent on their canonicity, they weren't all that good to begin with.

22. fettmaster39

fettmaster39 Jedi Master star 3

Jun 9, 2005
    I personally don't think Ford or Fisher would come back, but who knows, maybe they're not needed.

It does seem logical to have an older Luke in this movie seeing how its a continuation, and I think it'd be great to have Hamill back.

23. syferdiasisalie

syferdiasisalie Jedi Master star 3

Sep 26, 2004
    Nothing would make me happier than seeing a 60 year old Mark Hammill in Master robes.

BDOT, MO2YP, Jobertus and 8 others like this.
  24. JediDotNet

JediDotNet Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    If it is an original story then it should not be called Episode 7. Episode 7,8,9...... Should only relate to the current timeline. Otherwise just sub title them. Star Wars: Whatever whatever whateve

25. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    That's a significant underestimation of both our abilities and our level of obsession.