main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Episode 7 Plot Detail(?) from BadAss Digest: UPDATED - "the lightsaber". Talk to the hand, hand!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by UK Sullustian, Jul 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UK Sullustian

UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 1998
    Story on AICN with alleged episode 7 plot.

From Devlin from his site.

If you want a synopsis - watch 'The Gods Must Be Crazy'.

The story must be false... Or otherwise Episode 7 will be the worse film of all time.

Yowsers!

UKS

Mav Edit: HERE is the link to the article.

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    Yes - we've been discussing it elsewhere. Fake...

3. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998

I'm leaning toward real. It's just so out there I can see this being legit. I don't put a lot of faith in an industry that has run out of ideas.

Yancy

4. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 24, 2014
    It's not from AICN, it's from Badass Digest, it's Devin not Devlin, and it's being discussed (more like slashed at with extreme prejudice) in the Mark Hamill thread :)

5. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    Maybe JJ got Kevin Smith to write a fake script?

[face_rofl]

6. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Devin, is that you?

;)

VMeran, Immortiss, markdeez and 3 others like this.
  7. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Link added to the first post. Please make sure to include a link to the source when posting rumors... well anything really.

Even though this is being discussed elsewhere, lets discuss it in general here to keep it in one central location.

Edit: Also changed tag to spoiler (for now) and title.

Immortiss, EHT and Visitant like this.
  8. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010
    [face_rofl] Well I don't know when the warlock will descend on this thread but this is very funny.

9. thisguyisnotajedi

thisguyisnotajedi Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2014
    :Grabs popcorn :

TigerCraneFist likes this.
  10. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    If it's real then...well I wouldn't be surprised if the reaction is like this
    [​IMG]
    :p

11. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    i would say i wrote it but it's too bad for me to say that.

Darth Raiden and Darth_Corvus like this.
  12. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Yep, just read it. I've always loved every opening shot of a SW film. Each is unique. ROTS', IMO, is the best of the bunch so far. Those war drums always get me. This....well, if this is true I can imagine a lot of people wondering whether they've entered a showing of the wrong movie once the hand flies across the screen.

This is completly so far out there I don't know what to make of it. It sounds utterly bizarre, but I like bizarre. Usually. I don't know. I think this could be true, you know. AL has responded on Twitter that its probably the real deal and that Devin has a lot more scoops up his sleeve. There's something about it that sounds so ridiculous it can't not be real. Time will tell.

13. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I'm not so much against the idea of someone finding the lightsaber and having that propel the plot forward, it's the part about the hand flying through space that has me scratching my head. That seems a bit ridiculous to me. Then again, I guess that could be explained if the duel in which it was severed took place on a doomed ship or something like that?

14. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    In addition to the hand stuff, I'm very wary of this: "nefarious forces are building a super weapon, one capable of destroying not planets but entire solar systems..."

Sun crusher, anyone? It's like the worst of the EU got together and had a baby, and it's Episode VII.

15. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    Who is AL?

16. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
  17. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I'm really hoping that if any of this is true, it's suffering from bad writing on the bloggers part. Several people have said he's not a fan of Star Wars and is often writing disparaging things. Maybe he's writing it in the worst possible way to make people upset. Which would be good for him two fold, 1) disparage Star Wars if he does hate it, 2) Bring more traffic to his site. Crazy things take people to the source.

18. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    Let me ask this: Is the hand original recipe or crispy after falling through the atmosphere of Tatooine and then landing in the desert? Plus, why does everything always have to start on Tatooine, it's not the most significant planet in the Galaxy for that matter.

19. Krueger

Aug 9, 2004
    He was someone who used to post here quite a lot. He knew things and, at least for the PT, they turned out to be the real deal a lot of the time. He and Devin are also friends.

20. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    This is just bizarre. A floating hand?! I mean, if done correctly I guess it could be interesting. It just seems more like "Blue Velvet" than "Star Wars". lol The only thing I'd say is a red flag is the idea of the uber solar sytem killer.

Death_Jar_Jar, Dra--- and DarthPinoy like this.
  21. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Luke's hand from Bespin ... ?[face_dunno]

22. Krueger

Aug 9, 2004
    Maybe David Lynch is the real director after all? JJ's "Mystery Box" turned up to eleven. He was tapped for ROTJ, I think.

23. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    Interesting story actually... Youtube it (quite funny). Lynch was quite irrtated with the whole pitch of ROTJ.

Krueger, plaidphoenix and Dra--- like this.
  24. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    is david lynch directing in secret?

edit: damn. beat me.

Dra--- likes this.
  25. darthRebel

darthRebel Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 25, 2004
    A hand with a lightsaber floating around in space sounds like referencing to the grail quest, the sword of power and the lady of the lake. Best and most Original idea I read so far. A scene Stanley Kubrick would imagin. 2 potential heroes receive a lightsaber as luke did. They find 2 rugged pilots in the cantina (han and chewbacca). Someone finds an interest in this jedi weapon and they narrowly escape, starting their quest to find Luke Skywalker and make themselves whole to become jedi.

But it does mean many events before this would have to be explained... What state the galaxy is in, who ravaged it? where is luke? What happened to han and leia? What happened to all their children and many young force users in general...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.