main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Episode 8 Next Location to be Ireland, Donegal/Malin Head

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Grilled Hutt, Mar 9, 2016.

1. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    STAR WARS Episode 8 SPOILER Pics! Part 15

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  2. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012

Camera crew
    Lighting Crew
    Sound Crew
    FX Crew
    Electricians
    Site management
    Director and AD's
    Catering
    Wardrobe
    Make up
    Hair

And that's just off the top of my head.

Setting up shots can be tricky and experienced crew are usually desired to work out which lenses and working out distances, if you see someone with a tape measure measuring from the camera to a certain point that's what they're doing. You're going to have the lighting crew, because the lighting set up is lot different from taking pictures with your hand held camcorder. You only need to look at AvP2 to see how an inexperienced lighting crew can ruin a film with poor lighting. Then you have the sound crew with the boom standing out to make them obvious. But you need to remember that above all the location needs a power supply and there will be an Electrical gang.

3. City Councilman Binks

City Councilman Binks Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2014

Did you see two hobbits with them? They would be small – only children to your eyes.

Asking for a friend

4. AnneNeville

AnneNeville Jedi Master star 4

Feb 17, 2016
    nightangel The black tent is often set up on location shooting. I've noticed it used by directors and cinematographers to review footage and shot setups. Basically, a tent with screens and a chair, a director travelling fort.

I wonder if they shot any day-for-night. Was there night shooting? I would think the light pollution might be visible for quite a distance.

5. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2016
    I think some film even today still has to stay out of complete sunlight. They have to be canned and sealed before making way to editing department. Hence perhaps sun resistance tents.

6. Geminiwankenobi

Geminiwankenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 10, 2016
    That totally looks like a beehive

Rimfaxe96 likes this.
  7. WookieeRage

WookieeRage Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2016
    Jesus, Star Wars fans get more information than a black ops reconnaissance team.

8. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000

You think? I would say that Security have done a pretty good job of shutting down this Shoot.

Rimfaxe96 likes this.
  9. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014

Is this supposed to mimic Skellig Michael ?

10. temtam

temtam Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 27, 2016

Yes. All scenes shot in Ireland are supposed to mimic Skellig Michael or the planet which it is on.

11. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    The police that guarded the Puzzlewood set for TFA told locals that they were filming Countryfile. ;)

Rimfaxe96 likes this.
  12. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    seriously? that set doesn't look good enough? it's on the side of a ******* cliff!

Rimfaxe96 likes this.
  13. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

nightangel Wow! First Dubrovnik, now Malin Head? You really get around. The Bothan Spies have nothing on you. :p

14. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    [​IMG]

Wow. You know most of the audience will just assume that is CGI. Seen for that angle with the cliffs I totally get why they chose that spot.

Immortiss and JabbatheHumanBeing like this.
  15. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Nightangel should wear a Garindan outfit when working clandestine operations.

GunganSlayer and Baron_Papanerd like this.
  16. Dame sans merci

Dame sans merci Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2016
    So, where/when are we expecting shooting to take place next - nothing going on at the moment?

17. ChipRock

ChipRock Jedi Padawan

Dec 21, 2015
  18. Dame sans merci

Jan 17, 2016
    ChipRock, thank you for that - that's the first time i've seen mines mentioned. How intriguing...

ChipRock likes this.
  19. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    What am I looking at with the picture in the tweet feed? I see .. cows :D

So schedule per Irish Examiner (AKA @Nightangels upcoming Irish holiday ;)) is as follows:
    Monday Tuesday (17/5) - Wednesday Thursday(19/5) : Cork County - Daisy, Mark .. no Adam .. Jedi training? (well.. what else)
    Thursday Friday (20/5)- ? ?? (3/6) : Kerry County, Ceann Sibeal Headland - Acht-too huts / First Jedi temple

21 days allegedly blocked out.. 4 down .. so .. a LOT to be filmed in Kerry?

And with the rain effects and all, PLUS the alleged night shoots between Mark and Daisy in Pinewood where it looked like the Jedi Temple beehive huts were also reconstructed, I am guessing that something exciting happens on location.

Any ides how many stunt guys are are around? Specifically .. anyone resembling the KOR? It really wonder if they will be filming the rain KOR scenes from Rey's vision.

20. ChipRock

ChipRock Jedi Padawan

Dec 21, 2015
    Indeed! I'm sure the tweeter (?) is referring to the large trucks, which it seems are parked on what is normally a camp site. I'm just having a look on Google maps and if you follow the rough road up past that spot you get some nice rocky cliffs, so I bet they're doing some shots with Rey and Luke there. There's no obvious structures in that photograph, not like the other locations, so if this is a Jedi training session they're probably just running around getting some nice scenery.
    https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.4...4!1snNQElQgBxBZxpPNqM5-FVg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Chewies_bandolier likes this.
  21. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013

Not Monday - Wednesday, its Tuesday - Thursday.

http://clareherald.com/2016/05/star-wars-awakens-in-loop-head-567/

[​IMG]

Immortiss and Chewies_bandolier like this.
  22. Ed_Fett_77

Ed_Fett_77 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 19, 2015
    Those Setbuilders are the Secret Stars of this Movies.

23. Chewies_bandolier

May 5, 2002
    @soul8luosThanks! Changed accordingly..

soul8luos likes this.
  24. Dame sans merci

Jan 17, 2016

That mysterious KL10REY twitter person says that Adam is due back in Ireland for filming tomorrow (is still in Cannes today).

ETA: That Loop Lighthouse site is stunning - wonder if the Lighthouse itself will make it in?

Rimfaxe96 and Chewies_bandolier like this.
  25. Chewies_bandolier

May 5, 2002
    Ah thanks!

Is this this the same person who first said that Adam would be filming in Ireland? Can anyone remember who first mentioned it (they have extra cred in my books)...