main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Episode 8 Next Location to be Ireland, Donegal/Malin Head

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Grilled Hutt, Mar 9, 2016.

1. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013

According to his schedule posted on facebook, yes, but then, according to it, Adam was only required in Malin Head.

I am not sure he is reliable:

[​IMG]

Chewies_bandolier likes this.
  2. Dame sans merci

Dame sans merci Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2016

I think it was our very own Django Fett who first mentioned it!

That person has, however, posted filming schedule info that seems fairly accurate. Just looking at said schedule:

Brow Head, Ireland -
    Closed sets -
    Sunday 15 May 2016 to Tuesday 17 May 2016

Loop Head, Ireland -
    Closed sets -
    Wednesday 18 May 2016

Ceann Sibéal, Ireland -
    Rehearsal
    Wednesday 18 May 2016
    Closed sets -

Sybil Head
    Wednesday 25 May to Sunday 05 June 2016

Dunmore Head
    Friday 27 May to Friday 03 June 2016
    1st Unit
    Steve Yedlin
    2nd Unit
    Jaron Presant

That fits - Mark/Daisy filming up at Brow Head at the moment, Adam to film tomorrow when he's back.

Interested in Dunmore Head being the only one to have 2 units planned...

3. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    Wow Thanks - I was checking out the FB page (which is super creepy in how much ehhh .. detail is posted) and was about to put up the schedule. The mysterious one (HI RIAN!) did say that the schedule was updated soo .. hmm..

The thing that got me off guard though .. (dated April 8)

(!) really?

4. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013

Grain of salt, you will notice a lot of errors if you go through his posts.

5. Dame sans merci

Jan 17, 2016

I get the impression that they have some level of insider contact, but sometimes let their mouth run away with them to make them look more all-knowing than they are.

CrazyOldJedi likes this.
  6. nonesuch

nonesuch Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2015

I trust this account on the dates of the filming since it's been pretty dead on so far. I don't trust it on the locations of the actors. A few days ago it was insisting that Adam wouldn't be in Cannes, but lo and behold:

[​IMG]

That said, I really hope that Adam does return to Ireland. It will be extremely intriguing to me if he does go back, since that would indicate that Kylo Ren has a role on Ahch-To of some substance.

7. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    Yes some of their informations seem to be accurate...but they also said a couple of things that were totally or partially wrong so.....well if driver arrives tomorrow in ireland that may give them some credit. and if thats not the case we'll know what to think..

Chewies_bandolier likes this.
  8. Dame sans merci

Jan 17, 2016
    nonesuch, his hair is looking truly magnificent. Glorious stuff.

9. Chewies_bandolier

May 5, 2002
    Yep.. just came back to say that this random person (whose Pintrest board has the details of John Boyega's legal team for some odd reason) is possibly half full of gas..

with this bold statement earlier today followed by the backtrack noted above.

So ... grain o'salt taken.

nonesuch - second the glorious hair. Truly magnificent. Assuming that the his glorious locks might get a slight trimming when filming finishes, and given that currently nightangel has her high-powered binoculars trained on Mark Hamill's facial follicular growth as part of the "Mark Hamill Beard Brigade", would you be willing to be the official "Adam Driver scalp and goatee" watcher? Someone out there is keeping an eye on Marks' fingernails too but I might be mistaken.. :)

10. nonesuch

nonesuch Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2015
    Ha! I'll gladly monitor the Adam Driver hair situation. I think it's beautiful enough to deserve its own fan club, tbh.

11. Geminiwankenobi

Geminiwankenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 10, 2016
    Some production know how

Adam deciding to go to Cannes would not be on a call sheet/schedule

Also some time may have freed up or the schedule changed slightly and this guy has an older one

panki and Dame sans merci like this.
  12. Chewies_bandolier

May 5, 2002
    I think that the dude I quoted tweeted his tweet on May 13 so I think he was mistaken to insist (when questioned) that Adam was definitely not going to be in Cannes. Anyway, he is also now saying that Adam will be back in Ireland shooting from Wednesday so.. lets wait and see. He does seem to be on point / accurate with some things but not so good with others.

nonesuch You are official Adam Driver hair patrol chief - I am feeling inspired enough by ALL of the Skywalker scalp (even Leia, you have to admit, has wonderful hair) that I think I will inaugurate a fanclub on the social forum ;)

Geminiwankenobi likes this.
  13. loststars

loststars Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2016

Considering they left one location and flew to another one and went right to set yesterday I'd say there wasn't free time. He just wasn't needed for the scenes at Brow Head. I'm honestly curious to see if he comes back for any more.

Geminiwankenobi likes this.
  14. Dame sans merci

Jan 17, 2016

I am sure you will treat this important role with the reverence and dedication it deserves.;)

Chewies_bandolier and nonesuch like this.
  15. Geminiwankenobi

Geminiwankenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 10, 2016
    We shall see

Just from experience call sheets or schedules don't always run as smooth when in practice and things often change last minute

16. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    Ever since seeing the pictures of the "replica" Falcon hanging precariously off a cliff (slight exaggeration), I've been thinking as to why Johnson and Co would chose such a risky location to build this. The money, time to build, insurances and the increased safety standards required would seemingly outweigh any potential benefit. If it were a case of the Falcon being simply "parked up" whilst Rey undertakes her training, they could have chosen some of the flatter areas within the general area. That is unless the Falcon's position there serves a purpose.

Then came another left field thought. What if the Falcon's position here forms part of a test for Rey that is in similar vain to what Luke faced on Dagobah; a test of her faith in the force. As we all know, Luke told Yoda that it was not possible to retrieve his x-wing from the depths of the swamp; only then to stand by Yoda a few seconds later in bewildered amazement as his x-wing floated in the air towards the shoreline.

So during the course of the movie, Kylo pays a visit. He has grown stronger in the force and in some sort of show of strength, he force pushes the Falcon off the cliff and into the sea below. After Kylo beats a hasty retreat as Luke and Rey flex their muscles in return, a devastated Rey turns to Luke and says the Falcon is lost. Luke repeats a lot of what Yoda had said to him and Rey reacts in similar vain to how Luke did many years ago. Then in a nod (not a rehash, but just a nod) to TESB, it is Rey who then stand beside Luke in bewildered amazement as the Falcon raises up from the depths below.

To me, I think something like that would be pretty awesome to see.

17. Chewies_bandolier

May 5, 2002
    tbh I think it is just more of "real effects" "practical effects" ... but i like your story.

Seeing how close the set (and presumably the actors) are to the cliff face adds credence to the idea of the jetski being for health and safety reasons. Luke on a jetski otherwise .. yah!

Generational Fan likes this.
  18. ChipRock

ChipRock Jedi Padawan

Dec 21, 2015
    [​IMG]

I'm guessing that might be a truck alongside other vehicles or tents, directly above the cows, on Brow Head. It doesn't tell us much I know, but it does seem the weather is taking a turn for the worse this afternoon. Considering how nice it has been since they arrived in Ireland I wonder if this will effect the shoot? (from Twitter https://twitter.com/inchinagatogh/status/732566231111307264)

19. Dame sans merci

Jan 17, 2016
    We've heard rumours of them having to bus in water to create fake rain so they're probably delighted!

20. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    The cows don`t realize that they have a chance of being in a SW movie. Poor beings.

Rimfaxe96 and Chewies_bandolier like this.
  21. City Councilman Binks

City Councilman Binks Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2014

Lets hope they didnt moove out of the way and they are in the film, that way, they can milk their stardom, perhaps at celebration they can meat their fans. It would be bovine intervention!

PS: I'm so sorry for doing that

22. Chewies_bandolier

May 5, 2002
    ^ very punny

(sorry sorry!!)

City Councilman Binks likes this.
  23. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Pull the udder one, you're not sorry at all. :p

24. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    I did not see green effects and it looked like white flashes. But one of the locals catched a green effect. I did not watch the whole day and only some hours.

shafty and T-R- like this.
  25. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Now you're just milking the joke. Let's moove on.

T-R- likes this.