main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Episode 8 Title - The Last Jedi

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darkslayer, Jan 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2016
    Reddit still treating that script as legit [face_laugh]

2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Although I now expect Luke to say this at some point: "I AM THE LAST ONE!"
    [​IMG]
    And I will be bitterly disappointed if he doesn't! :p

3. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Well

I'm not entirely sure what I think of it. I like how TFA maintained the pattern set up by the first two trilogies. This one breaks it, however. And it sounds somewhat generic. Hell, Episode VII could have used it, though I do love the title of TFA

Plus, wasn't it the title of some EU book?

I dunno. Maybe it'll grow on me. I'll give it till December to place my final judgment

G-FETT likes this.
  4. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Charming.

G-FETT and Seagoat like this.
  5. Yodahasgreenfeet

Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    It would be epic if luke took on the knights of ren and kylo at the same time and beat them something ugly, but lost his focus for a moment because of rey or something, got slain and was like...Rey was like you were the last of the jedi! I can't do this, I need you, I need to finish my training. Then luke says something like, no Rey... there's something you must know...something I wasn't ready to tell you... Rey you are the last Jedi...

Does that work or is it too ambiguous?
    :D

Darth Geezy likes this.
  6. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Episode 9 could be "The First Jedi"

7. Sable de luz

Sable de luz Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 18, 2015
    "Jedi" is the second most expensive brand Disney has purchased only under "Star wars" itself.

You have to be pretty delusional in some fan fiction to think the jedi stuff ends now. We will always have jedis as long as they keep doing episodes.

8. JediLight

JediLight Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    Anybody else just hear the opening theme song over and over again in your head all day, today?

hippie1kenobi and Darth Droid like this.
  9. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
  10. starkiller1977

starkiller1977 Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2016
    It's just that the use of the word "Last" seems more fitting for the last film. Plus, the use of "Jedi" reminds of Return Of The Jedi, which was the last film of the Original Trilogy. These are just my opinions though. I still like the title.

11. Darth Nave

Darth Nave Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2015
    RO over then entire OT?

[​IMG]

As for the title, I can take it or leave it. Unless it's obviously awful I don't get too obsessed with it.

Gigoran Monk likes this.
  12. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    one thing I also don't like is that they repeat the word Jedi twice in the Saga. The one thing that we never got from the 7 previous title is repeat words.

Darthman92 likes this.
  13. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    But ESB was not established as a straightforward war movie. It's the most personal and mythologically-centered of the OT, from the very beginning with Luke, the wampa, the lightsaber moment, and Obi-Wan's message. And then it unfolds from there into a very personal and mythic story (Luke on Dagobah), with the Hoth conflict and asteroid stuff as a mere backdrop. And of course, after Hoth, we get no warfare whatsoever.

So The Last Jedi seems perfectly appropriate for the middle saga - personal and mythological. Indeed, it may have been an even more appropriate title for Episode V than ESB!

14. Darth Baby Selwyn

Darth Baby Selwyn Jedi Knight

Apr 17, 2016
    Tough few days for you admins! May the force be with you.

Anyway! The Jedi return, the force awakens and we're back to square one with the last Jedi? Slightly confused here!

So I'm guessing that both Jedi and Sith will now just be known as force users?

Were basically anything goes? 6 of one half a dozen of the other??

Grey Jedi under a new name perhaps???

So our heroes can actually be slightly badass instead of being well....

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=j...m=isch&q=sidious+v+jedi&imgrc=ovR0L7ALyrKtYM:

15. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    does anyone else get a Samurai feel with this title,
    The Last Samurai
    The Last Jedi

laurethiel1138 and Darthman92 like this.
  16. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    It a goodbye to the OT. The last of the old story.

Funbox and Gigoran Monk like this.
  17. Rickern

Rickern Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    So what if this/these last jedi, whomever they are, kick the bucket in this episode and we reach Ep. IX with no jedi at all for the first time ever?

A good title is the one that has multiple meanings and serve the purpose of opening debates. This one will keep us busy for a good chunk of the year.

18. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    NEW ORDER RISES

THE NEW ORDER

ORDER RESTORED

19. LastJediKnight

LastJediKnight Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 19, 2015
    You have seen Rogue One.. right? =((

Such a missed opportunity, but its the direction they went in /shrug. I've accepted it.

Basically, "balance to the force" in my thinking means the ending of the polarization that existed between The Jedi and The Sith in favor of something that melds the best parts of both, while discarding the rest. Looking at it in stark terms of this = BAD and that = GOOD ignores certain things that were beneficial on both sides and certain things that were detrimental on both sides(or you'd never have had an Empire to begin with).

20. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    I don't think you could up with any title that pleases all of us. But I do think this title will settle in our minds and be just another part of the family so to speak. It's natural to go through some sort of weighing or evaluative process with a new title (it's new, you're trying it out). Oddly, I think I almost wanted it to be more cheeseball or pulp fiction, but this is a nice safe option that I can't be 'offended' by or disappointed with. In short, I like it!

As for complaints about breaking the pattern, there's not really any pattern or naming convention anyway. Article Adjective Noun has been used plenty.

21. Drewton

Drewton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 8, 2009
    I'd put Rogue One over the OT too.

And I fully except The Last Jedi to be in a league of its own.

22. Tho Yor

Tho Yor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    And when I meet Thomas Jefferson, I'm-a compel him to include "of the" in the sequel. VERB!

Eeyore freak, Strongbow and Seagoat like this.
  23. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    At this rate, Episode IX will be The Light in the Darkness.

24. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    Jedi could refer to Plural as in A thousand Jedi, or A million Jedi, Just two Jedi or It could be Singular as in one Jedi as has been discussed a few times in this thread,;)

25. MichaelSkellig

MichaelSkellig Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 1, 2017
    If my speculation that the galaxy is full of dormant Jedi, the last line of TLJ could be "....we will fight you, to the last Jedi!"

Or it could mean that Luke has decided Jedihood has been a bad idea, and has created a new form of being Light.

Or it could mean that Kylo wanted to be a Jedi, but Luke moved ideologically elsewhere, leaving Ben as....

Or it could be that Luke WANTS to be the last Jedi ever, but Rey keeps begging him to be her teacher.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.