main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Episode II In Local Media ALERT!

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by bobafett81, Apr 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NodNarbOen

NodNarbOen Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 20, 2002
    DE!! Saw you in Today's papers.... how come they got the preview to your Padme suit!?~ :) U do look good though...

Although now, as in the report, u're from NYP instead of NP... [face_laugh]

2. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Oh dear! [face_blush] [face_blush] Thanks for the compliment! [face_blush]

Actually, they didn't get the full preview of my humble assembled Padme Suit. :p I had just completed the Shinguards last night using Rigid Wrap and the humble masking and foam tape. Now I'm going to try to make the shin cover that goes behind the shin guards (using Nylon Lycra cause found no elastic white vinyl), her piston holster and maybe add those lines on her shirt. And if I get lucky tomorrow in my hunt, you guys gonna see a Padme with better pants! ;) Heehee, I can't believe the humble masking, foam and double sided tapes are coming to my rescue a LOT for this costume. :p

Ps: The other gal in the article is Chakster's aka Shawn's Fiance.

3. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    DE - You look nice in the costume. :)

'The other gal'? Who?

4. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Yeah..I thought u were the only gal in the TODAY article :confused:

5. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Oppsss! :p I though both of the gals who came for the photoshoot on Friday was featured. Guess her status as a teacher might had affect the situation and prevent them from featuring her. :(

6. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Is it..hey DE, which of the Padme's is a teacher? :D

7. bobafett81

bobafett81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    Tomorrow, LIFE will have another Star Wars Special...

And Straits Times reviews the much anticipated movie of the year - Episode II!

8. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    I really hope they give AOTC a gd rating..but I feel that ST critics are quite critical haha :D. Since Spiderman got 4 stars, I'm sure AOTC can match that

9. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Nope. AOTC only got 3 out of 5 stars and the writer no like AOTC. :(

But we shall prove him/her wrong by letting AOTC crash Spiderman (and other movies) 3 days sale record. [face_devil]

10. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Wow, the ST Review really was critical man!

**OUCH**

Maybe the critic is a Spiderman fan and not a Star Wars fan???

11. lukedecop

lukedecop Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2002
    BUT the force is strong in 8 days they gave it 4 out of 5. Plus the free Pod strip on the outside. This time the whole Jin gang is there. COOL.

12. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Hmm..must go and buy 8 DAYS tomorrow. ST usually gives lousy ratings for movies. I think only "Memento" and "Band of Brothers" got five stars before..

Don't know if AOTC can beat Spiderman's 3 day weekend record of US$114m. Plus they hold the record for fastest to reach US$100. TPM (and harry potty) was the previous record holder. Argh...

13. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    I was watching TV mobile at around 6:50am this morning (16th May) and this news-caster for economic news (Jack Sung), working for Channel News Asia, was making SW references to the stock market! [face_laugh]

He used a couple of phrases like "so-and-so company was as sluggish as Jabba the Hutt" and "The force is with so-and-so company" And after that he was laughing at the camara and said that today is the worldwide premiere for AOTC and he is very excited about it! Isn't that great? :D

14. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Wow, Jazz!!
    That is one business/economic news report that I would have wanted to see - hehheh! ;)
    I usually find them so dry to watch, this one would have been fun to see :D

Do you think he will be using those SW references all day today??
    Then maybe I can catch it sometime today.

Oops!
    Wait a minute!
    I won't be home all day today, I gotta go for the costume parade :p
    Oh well.....would have been fun to watch! :)

15. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    These kind of things are hard to come by but is heart-warming. I couldn't resist grinning when I first watched it :D

16. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Anyone tried out the Free AOTC Poster Giveaway in LIFE! Weekend (Pg 10) today? I sent my particulars to the stated address and it bounced back. Made the address more local and it hasn't bounce back so far. :eek:

17. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    More local as in adding .sg behind? I've seen the ad and was intending to submit but haven't found the time (or am I too lazy :D ).

I'll try tomorrow.. I didn't take part in last week's Visual Dictionary contest :(. Now have to buy for myself

18. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Feel . . . Don't think . . . follow your instincts . . . :D :D

Ya, lah! Anyway, I notice most contest involving e-mailing in LIFE! will usually use a "local" address. And Yahoo! did state that that address doesn't exist so the next best bet is to add .sg ;)

Almost an hour later and it still haven't bounced back so I assume that this is the correct address.

Hope we are the only ones who sent it in and figure out the correct address. Think tomorrow I'll sent in more using my other e-mail address or use my younger brother's particular. And I wonder if it's the theater one.

Ps: Anyone remembered the proceedure to get the BUS Stop AOTC Posters (include what?)? And when's the deadline?

19. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    DE - for the bus-stop posters, sent an email to episode2@singapore.com with the character's name as the subject. Then write down your particulars inside the email. That's what I did but haven't gotten a reply or anything... :(. There wasn't any expiry date stated

20. DarthSyn

DarthSyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2002
    u know how many diff character posters there are?

btw, anyone got the details bout the Life poster giveaway, didnt get yesterday's papers :(

21. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Sent in your entries to wowlife2002@yahoo.com.sg with subject Win Posters, I Shall.

Include in your Name, Address, IC No. & Tel. No. ;)

Anyone entered the MTV Asia contest too? (Missed the show at 8.30pm today but caught the last 10 minutes of it and saw the contest). :p

22. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    Didn't see the MTV Asia contest...what is it?

23. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Okay, more info I gotten concerning the "FREE" Bus Stop AOTC Posters.

Send in your particulars to episode2@singapore.com with the subject as The Characters' Name.

So far, I have seen
    -Anakin and Padme (Hereen, St Andrew's Cathereal, near Novena Square? etc)
    -Dooku and 2 Clone Trooper
    -Jango Fett (Hotel Meridian etc)
    -OB1 & Mace Windu (Thai Royal Embassy etc)
    -Zam Wesell(?)

If you DO get it, try to figure out where to paste it cause it's quite big. :p And it should be double sided.

24. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    When is the closing date? I think it wasn't stated right? We could end up waiting and waiting and we wouldn't even know who were the winners

[face_laugh]

25. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Not stated. :( And some of the posters doesn't look good anymore (the one near Novena look kinda yellowish).

Aiyah, easiest sent in your entries now. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.