main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Episode II - Tickets Booking Alert!

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by bobafett81, Apr 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobafett81

bobafett81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    Okay, I've started another thread for cinema updates (Pre-Bookings, showings, tickets left and cinema status) for this small movie called Attack Of The Clones.

First, let's all watch out for the very first updates on when will cinema operators starts selling tickets for Star Wars Episode II! Places to look out for are in newspapers (TODAY is a good source since is the OFFICIAL paper, cinema websites, or from the operators itself).

Once anyone finds anything, PLEASE PLEASE post it here on this thread!

Many Thanks!

2. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    If you got internal connection, you can do reservation for tickets now. I don't so am depending on others to tell me when it'll be out. [face_plain]

3. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    Well, unfortunately, may of us here are just normal people without any connections...

so if anyone here has any connections, pls pls share! Many Thanks!

4. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    No connections here too...
    but if I hear anything I'll tell u guys straight away

:)

5. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    Just a deviation from this topic, HOW MANY TIMES are all of U watching ATTACK OF THE CLONES?

And how many times did all of you watched The Phantom Menace on the big screen back in 99?

6. hazellukeyang

hazellukeyang Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 26, 2001
    I will watch it one time first. If my heart keep wanting to go back to cinema, I will follow my heart. :D

7. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Back in '99, I watched TPM at 5-6 places: Lido (first day showing), Jubilee (Eng Wah), Causeway Point (?? The company that shut down?), Orchard Cineplex (Cathy), GV Grand at Great World City(GV; Fan Day) and I think lastly at Yishun (GV). My target was 10.

Heehee, as you can see, I tried watching it at different cinema company. :p

My target, considering the rise in ticket price is still 10 or more. The only amenment I'm making to my plan is that I'll not be able to watch AOTC at 12am May 16th, but this may be replace with the Charity Premiere. ;)

8. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    I'm planning to watch AOTC 10 times (if my budget allows... [face_plain]).

I only watched TPM in a cinema once...couldn't find the time for a second time. :(

9. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Well..I watched TPM 6 times, including the Charity Premiere. Not as many times as u guys hehe.

BUT I want to watch AOTC at least 10, and maybe reach 15. With the June hols, should be possible, but also got World Cup fever! Ahhh...:D

10. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    Ai yoh... so long liao, still no news of the 16 May 02 midnight showing in sight... WAKE UP, GV/SHAW/ENG WAH/CATHAY!!!!!!!

11. bed_speling

bed_speling Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2002
    Yeah, I too watched TPM in a number of cinemas. Prince, GV Tiong Bahru, GV Grand, Lido...TPM fever, mah.

I was quite unhappy with GV Grand at Great World City, because they were so stingy. Hello? Were they trying to lengthen the lifespan of their precious bulb? The one that is sitting prettily in their darn projector and whose job it is to illuminate the images on the screen? The images on the largest screen were so dark!

The images on the screen of Lido 1 were bright and clear, but somehow I am not accustomed to curved screens. I am the flat screen type of fella, spoilt by GV.

Prince? You cannot select your seat when purchasing the tix. So I sat in the very last row, a mile away from the screen. (Prince being one of those old theatres where you could play soccer inside if all the seats were removed.)

12. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    When I watch TPM at GV Grand on Fan Day (1 Month after TPM was released in US), I was quite unhappy with it a bit cause
    1) I didn't get the $30++ ticket even though I came a week earlier to reserve
    2) The Screen at which I got to see TPM, although it's bigger than the standard ones was not clear; can see all the square boxes on the screen (like you put your face in front of the TV scren) :(

13. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    u know.. I've never been to GV Grand! Sigh, what a shame. But I'll try and go there to watch AOTC.

Is it really the biggest screen in Singapore?

14. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    Ai yoh...... why still NO SIGNS of ticket bookings... dun tell me the ads will only be out on 15 May 02????????

15. DarthSyn

DarthSyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2002
    this is the reply i got from shaw...

As for the advance booking of the tickets , we are still in the process
    of negotiating the contract between the distributor, so we still do not
    have any news of the availability of the advance booking date.

Thanks and regards,
    For Shaw Singapore
    Khoo
    (Feedback@Shaw)
    this was dated 2 daes ago... lame huh? to think that gv has oredi started sellin ticks to insiders

16. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    Gv selling to INSIDERS??? where?? How??? Details PLEASE!!!!!!!

17. NodNarbOen

NodNarbOen Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 20, 2002
    How to be an insider??? I wanna be one!~ :) :p

18. wan-bo-tak

wan-bo-tak Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2001
    I think we have to be alert from 12th May until May 16th.

19. bed_speling

bed_speling Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2002
    JazzyJazz, don't worry-- you aren't missing much if you haven't gone to the MegaScreen at GV Grand (for the reasons stated by D-E and myself above).

20. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Nevertheless, I'll make it a point to catch AOTC at GV Grand... looking forward to it! :D

21. DarthSyn

Mar 28, 2002
    cmon ppl... gv grand? forget it... lido 1 is the best of the lot... humongous screen with loud bombastic sound... though the seats leave much to be desired...

22. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    haha, what the heck, I'll watch it everywhere. :D

23. DarthSyn

Mar 28, 2002
    everywhere? including those puny little neighbourhood ones? yikes!

24. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    haha ALMOST everywhere :D

25. korben

korben Jedi Youngling

Apr 15, 2002
    I believe you can book online @ Cathay Causeway Point for a midnight show on 16th May @ 0030hrs.

James.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.