main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Episode II viewing options

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Le_Penguin, Jan 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Le_Penguin

Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    1] Are the people out there who are in favor of digital projection high, suffering from massive head wonds, or simply blinded by technology? Unless digital projection has improved greatly in the last sixth months or so, then it must be all three.

2] It appears that the CF is branching out in more ways than one. Not only are the ranks considerably larger, but a lot more members hail from outside the city (not to mention outside the state) these days. Should we entertain the idea of having small groups from each region representing the CF as a whole ( a good opportunity to increase membership even more), or are we going to attempt a massive gathering at a single theater?

3] In any case, is it the CF's intention to successfully be first in line this time? I still plan on being there pretty early (among the first ten people or so) but anyone who wants to take over the demanding yet high-profile #1 spot is welcome to it.

-Le Penguin,
    still lobbying for "Star Wars Episode II: Electric Boogaloo"

2. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    Being lazy, I for one would like to line up by a thearte near me, namely General Cinema Yorktown or AMC Caterra. I loved seeing the midnight show for Ep 1 at Yorktown. And I was smug in the knowledge that by seeing the midnight show, I was one of the first in the country that saw the movie. Only people on the East Coast got to see it earlier, and then only by an hour.
    So I would like to see a coordinated effort for several lineups, cuz 1. I'm lazy and 2. I would like to see it a midnight one and Yorktown probably would do it again.
    Also, I want to wait a little while to see what other theartes close down. While I don't think Lowes has filed Chap 11 yet, I read that General Cinema and others are already there. So we'll have to see which theatres make it.

"Of all things I lost, I miss my mind the most.

3. matt_maul

matt_maul Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 6, 2001
    Well see my post (Ep2 no spoilers) for my ideas about where to see Ep2 for the Chicago Force, but I had some comments about this thread too! :)

1. The AMC Canterra (Bloomindale, yes?) ROCKS as a theater. I could definitely see a group of about 50 CF'ers in front of there. Problem is how remote it is. Those CF'ers without cars would have to find their way out there and it's too far from civilization to just shuttle people back and forth. Advantage is that it is nice and big and they do show midnight movies there so the odds of them showing Ep2 at midnight are pretty good.

2. Multiple groupings of the CF is a good idea as well. Because we stretch out so far and wide we can make a good showing at a few seperate locations. We should plan on doing this, once ticket info is more clear.

3. Uhm, that is all. Bye.

matt maul.

4. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    us NWers are discussing this now in my NW Suburban thread. :-D

~Sithman~
    http://pages.hotbot.com/sf/sithmaul/images/zap.gif

5. JediLars

JediLars Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    Hey Matt_Maul, Cantera is in Winfeild to let you know. But I am w/ Autobot, I will be seeing EPII most likely at AMC Cantera.

JediLars

6. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    Well if people wanted to go to AMC, we could maybe set it up where they meet at an easy to get to location, like Yorktown or Fox Valley mall, and then get transported from there. Just a thought.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.