main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Episode III, I'm Back, Wales, Forum Stuff.

Discussion in 'Archive: FF:UK - Wales' started by Yin-Jun, May 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yin-Jun

Yin-Jun Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 1, 2002
    Well let me just introduce myself, some of you may remember me, some of you may think 'who is this weirdo' hehe, who know's but I'm sure I'll find out pretty soon anyhows, I haven't been here since 2003 I think or maybe later than that, But I'm most certainly back now (which feels good btw, I must add, hehe) - One question, is the welsh forum spoiler free, or are spoiler's allowed or only allowed when someone is asking or wanting to know certain information about the latest blockbusting star wars episode, and how is everyone preparing themselves for such an occasion, and have you been counting the days down like myself, im just curious on what people are doing to prepare themselves for this, and how high one's expectations of the film are, and how well do you think this film will do, gross highly or lay low, just curious really on everyone's opinion's on such things, thanks for whoever replies or takes an interest, bye for now [face_love]

2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    The TFN Role_Playing_Forum has been declared a spoiler free zone, with violations dealt with by bans; I have no idea if that policy extends to other parts of TFN.

Sith-I-5

3. Yin-Jun

Jun 1, 2002
    Okay thanks man, I know some are 'spoiler free' but that is mentioned before you join the forum, why i usually hang out in 3SA (Spoiler's Allowed).

4. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    There is an unspoken agreement on being spoiler free in the Welsh forum right now.

As nearly everyone hasn't seen the movie yet it would be unfair to spoil it for them (and me).

If your talking about how much money the movie will make i'm going to lean toward a possible $750 - $800 million dollor mark.

It has had excellent reviews and not having a Spiderman movie up against it this time will really help the numbers. I still think it won't take as much as Menace, but it should comfortably make more money than Clones, particularly in North America., which should have a $100 - $110 million opening weekend.

I got my ticket safe and secure and have booked a day of Thursday to properly soak up the experience. I'm happy and sad in a way. Happy that this movie is (by all accounts) going to blow us away and complete the most epic and stunning story in motion picutre history and sad that there will never be another SW movie :(

Oh well, guess we'll all just have to wait for the TV series!! :)

5. Yin-Jun

Jun 1, 2002
    Yeah, I feel the same as you do mate, I cant wait for the movie, but once it's arrived, and then gone, and we have it as apart of our 'dvd collection to complete our own individual saga' the feeling is gone in some sort of way's, i just wish he'd make 7, 8 and 9, but the TV series will have to do for the time being, lets hope he has a change of heart and wants to do more, i hope he see's the success and the huge following on revenge of the sith, and decide's to do more in his life time, or give the right's to his son to continue to the stories or something, i haven't seen the movie either, but i would say i've spoiled myself, and see/heard/read to much. [face_love]

6. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    I'm leaning towards believing George Lucas when he says there is no parts 7, 8 and 9. He states that the entire sage is the journey of Anakin Skywalker, and he of course dies in Jedi. So for any future movies, they would have to completely come up with a new story and even new characters, and while it might be a very good story, it is almost certain to have nothing to do with the Skywalker family.

Of all the SW books I have read, I can't really think of any of the top of my head that would make excellent movies. I feel that those stories would be better suited to the TV series, leaving the movie as a six part chapter.

7. Yin-Jun

Jun 1, 2002
    That's true, I'd love him to do something tho, just to keep the star wars story, but I'm scared having a 9 part saga could ruin what we already have, as it is a masterful masterpiece and most certainly the best movies/saga of all time , in cinema history and also the biggest and most successful lucrative film/franchise ever, TV Series will be good for sure, should be entertaining non the less, it's star wars afterall, but before he made the prequel trilogy, wasn't the Original Trilogy, about the story of Luke Skywalker, becoming the Hero, and saving the day at the end of the return of the jedi, only recently, have these movies became the story of 'Anakin Skywalker' and not 'Luke' and Luke is still alive, so therefore, 7, 8 and 9 could be easily done as he's still alive, and able to rebuild the new republic and new jedi order, and it would be interesting to see that i believe. [face_love]

8. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    I'm sure that there is still plenty of scope left for Luke to fill stories, but without Vader and Empire there just isn't the confict there anymore.

Building a Jedi order is interesting, but not half as interesting as destroying one or fighting to save one.

I suppose we'll just have to believe George when he said that he knew Anakin was Vader the entire time and while the OT did focus on Luke, thats becasue he was the hero then and Vader was the bad guy, and you can't have a movie from the bad guys point of view.

If that makes sense???

9. Yin-Jun

Jun 1, 2002
    That's true, but he could easily make some sort of 'comeback' for the Emperor in episode's 7, 8 and 9 even tho that is EU Storytelling for the time being, and there is no way they could of destroyed the entire Empire, there is to many of them, they occupy so many worlds, you never know, anything could be re-created for another great story telling in episdoe's 7, 8 and 9, with Luke, Leia and Han still around, anything is possible, and any story would be worth seeing or hearing, if it involved those main charecter's, and i'd most certainly watch and love it and be in awe of it, if he ever made such films/episode's :)

10. Stuey

Stuey Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 30, 2002
    last night at the saga showing, George said it was the story of Darth Vader, "it starts when he's 9, it ends when he dies". that was in response to the crowd's chant of "We want 9"

11. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Hmm, sounds plausable, but you just know that he's bullsh***ing.

I bet he's going to spring a big suprise on us in 20 years or so and announce another 3 movies. Granted he will be like 70 odd then, but hey, they're worth the wait.

I just can't see where he would take the story though to be honest?

Darth Vader's dead, the Empire and Emperor are destroyed??? Where next?

Anyone got any ideas?

I take it it would be a new group of characters, maybe people like Anakin Solo etc, but then thats EU?

Oh I don't know?? Let George figure that out :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.