main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Episode III Movie Release Plans

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by BrotherHalo, Mar 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Okay, I'm starting to put information together to submit to various theaters and other media concerning the Episode III release.

Ideas, suggestions?

Also, I need commitments from people. Commitments about costumes, appearances, etc. Specifically, I want to know who will be available and with what costume. Especially Imperials and Jedi. And Scott, that Vader costume would be high profile if you get that done.

An idea of a few places I plan on submitting information to:

100.3 KPEK (The Peak)
    94.1 KZRR (94 Rock)
    102.7 KTEG (The Edge)
    Century Rio 24
    Century Downtown

2. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    Hi
    also 103.3, Fred FM

What is the plan as far as us actually seeing the movie vs. entertaining the people in line? Will we show up at the midnight showing, then change after the doors open so we can actually sit comfortably through it? Are we just going to show up at Centruy Rio? Will some of us do the midnight and others the next day? The more of us in one spot, the better it will look, I think.

I also have some info from the 501st about some LFL/Wal-mart/ Pepsi marketing that the Colorado members are attending. They want a few costumed characters for that. I'll post a new thread with the info.

3. obi_dave_kenobi

obi_dave_kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    I'm up for whatever but my concern is seing the movie as 1st priority. I would love to go in jedi costume and do some kind of prior stuff but when the Star Wars title starts, I want to be in my seat.

4. JediMexx

JediMexx Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2004
    Same here.ditto with Ken and David...will more than likely show up in my Jedi costume for the midnight showing..and the Tie the day after when I take my son. Would be nice if the theater would reserve some seats for us if we all show up in "force" this way I don't have to break out the lightsaber Windu style!

5. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Who wants to go with me to petition that thought to some theatre managers?

6. nmfiredawg

nmfiredawg Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    I get off the 19th at 0800 so anything after that is fine. The costume is good to go, I just hope it will not be 100 out that day. If it works out that we attend the midnight then I will have to be sick on the 18th or ask for it off. cough cough cough..

Also I was wondering about Walmart and stuff, since they are doing things on the 2nd and 3rd.

7. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    Jess, I'll go, let's get that photo album together that was mentioned a few months ago (or is it done?)
    Peter, you know the Century Rio owner, right? Can you get in touch with them and see if they would at least save us seats or something?

8. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    Bob, you could always just contact clear channel since they own most of the stations you mentioned and they do a lot of events at the Rio already.

The few premiers I have been to with them they usually get seats reserved for themselves (the good seats too) so if they do a "special showing" I don't think it would be a problem getting seats reserved.

And if you work with them, they have their contacts as well with Rio on setting stuff up and they will get advertising done.

Now my question is, will they have a sneak preview night like they do for other big films?

Don't make it contingent but I think if we have a couple of people who aren't dressed up and we can ask if we can get in a minute earlier to hold the seats that would be cool. That way they don't have to worry about anything. We can go dressed up as theater employees...

And can we come dressed in our own costume as well? I don't have a canon costume...

9. Bloodclaw65

Bloodclaw65 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2004
  10. Bloodclaw65

Bloodclaw65 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2004
    Hay Jess,Ken,Peter anyone else we need to go to RIO 24 and Pow'wow'with Manager for EPIII'

11. LadyNaberrie

LadyNaberrie Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    I just saw on the little news thing on tf.n that the digital version of ROTS will be different and longer than the actual film version. WE NEED TO GO ON A ROAD TRIP NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    501st and Rebel Legion Members (or anyone whom has a costume) that want to go and hit up a theatre to do some trooping...if you have some photos of you in costume....we can get together and put them all in a binder and show this to a manager. This will be the selling point when it comes to doing this! I am planning on going to the RIO on Wednesday night! I will be putting my digital photos on a disc and taking it to Walgreens to be made into photographs. Let me know if you want to do this! :D

13. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    I'm with you on this, Jess.

14. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    I'm in, keep me posted!

15. nmfiredawg

nmfiredawg Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    Let me know I need to take some more pics to in costume

16. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Jess, before we head out to Rio on this, I think we need to get together to talk game plans. And since Suzy knows the Manager, I think we should get several people to head over there. We'll get FF representation & 501st representation for this. Let's chat about it...

17. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    Give me a call this evening Bob. Peter if you are free this evening....call too!

18. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Roger Roger

19. Lorithavon

Lorithavon Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2003
    keep me posted on this, if you need an extra costumed freak let me know...

-lor

20. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    I wanna go as the force its a really interesting costume...

but no seriously, good luck with this you guys. Go getem!

21. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Jess, Ken, anyone else. This is some of the information I'm hoping to present to the theater manager and media for both FanForce and the 501st. Please make suggestions for additions, etc.

-----

FanForce

A group of friends started a lineup at a movie theater for Star Wars: Episode I in Dallas, Texas during the summer of 1999. Shortly thereafter they wanted to stay in contact with each other and decided to do it online. Thus, FanForce was born.

The Albuquerque Chapter of FanForce (Mos Alba) became an official FanForce Chapter official in August of 2002. Thanks to the message forums available at TheForce.net (one of the leading fan-run Star Wars websites on the internet) the Albuquerque chapter has grown from 2002 with 5 members to the current roster of 30+ members.

Mos Alba has been involved in local charities and goodwill work. Its members raised more than $1000 for ?Making Strides Against Breast Cancer? in the 2004 Walk, several hundred dollars in donations for Toys For Tots in both 2003 and 2004, raised almost $100 for the Children?s Miracle Network during the September 2004 release of the Star Wars Trilogy on DVD, as well as participated in goodwill efforts at a local Battered Women?s Shelter. Mos Alba also plans on a pro-literacy Star Wars day at the Cherry Hills Library in June of 2005, as well as other events planned through the year and beyond.

Mos Alba?s members are comprised of people of all backgrounds and ages, ranging from teenage to older members. Several members are City of Albuquerque employees, some are students, while some work for locally owned private businesses. Many are parents with small children and older children. Mos Alba strives to have as diverse a group as possible while maintaining the family atmosphere that FanForce encourages.

The 501st Legion

The 501st Legion is the world?s definitive Imperial costuming organization. No matter where you live, the power of ?Vader?s Fist? can be felt through professionally organized charity, fundraising, and promotional events featuring the ?bad guys? of Star Wars. The ranks of the 501st Legion span the entire United States and over 21 countries worldwide, with numbers increasing on a daily basis.

The 501st Legion also works with LucasFilm Limited to help promote related events. The 501st and Rebel Legion are the only non-official Fan Organized organizations that work with LFL and have helped with events such as the release of the Star Wars Trilogy on DVD, the official press release of the Battlefront Video Game at Skywalker Ranch, as well as many other events.

Rebel Legion

Much like the fictional Rebel Alliance, the Rebel Legion was formed as a reaction to The Fighting 501st Legion. For years the 501st had grown and their presence was felt at nearly every science-fiction and fantasy convention in the world. Stormtroopers, Sith Lords, Bounty Hunters, and Imperial Officers were all united in their love of Imperial costuming.

The Rebel Legion first appeared in mid-1999 and in the years since its formation, the group has grown from a few dozen Rebel costumers that talked to each other on the internet, to becoming the premier Rebel costuming group in the Star Wars community. Our membership is constantly increasing, and we have established our own presence in the world.

The Rebel Legion also works with LucasFilm Limited to help promote related events. The Rebel and 501st Legion are the only non-official Fan Organized organizations that work with LFL and have helped with events such as the release of the Star Wars Trilogy on DVD, the official press release of the Battlefront Video Game at Skywalker Ranch, as well as many other events.

----------------------------------------

Are we still planning on hitting Century Rio tonight?

22. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    Hey bob, what about mentioning something that the 501st is used by Lucasfilms for pretty much all their events anymore. That they are one of the only recognized fan groups. (They have been to such events as the Video Game Awards, Lucas Arts direct game previews and so on... )

BUt other then that, looks good to me!

23. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    I am still planning on going to the Rio this afternoon/evening....I left a voice message on the managers phone last night....but as of yet I have not heard anything yet! I will try to call him again at lunch time if I can! Bob that looks awesome...will you be coming with me?

24. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    I'm trying to! What time do you plan on heading over there?

25. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    Sometime between 5pm and 6pm.....I can push it later and go hang out at KMart and go in to drool!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.