main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Episode III spoilers forum: Acceptable behavior?

Discussion in 'Communications' started by ElfStar, Nov 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam_Skywalker

Sam_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    Hope your husband gets better,a_g :) Give him my regards.

Yeah, it is, but a lot of this thread has been dedicated to that,IMO. I was just pointing that out.

2. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Thanks Sam. He's got that flu strain that's going around and it's nasty.

I actually think acceptable behavior anywhere is a good topic--purists vs. EUers, gushers vs. bashers, etc. The TOS does say Also, as a general guideline, all users here should respect one another's opinions and beliefs. That, IMHO, eliminates all types of rudeness.

We may have beat the 3SA thing to death, I don't know. I definitely don't think the subject of one user's ban should take up two pages on a Coms thread. That was my issue with the direction this thread was taking. If we want to talk about rude behavior in general--not a problem. I think it's a good topic.

3. Sam_Skywalker

Sam_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    We may have beat the 3SA thing to death, I don't know. I definitely don't think the subject of one user's ban should take up two pages on a Coms thread. That was my issue with the direction this thread was taking. If we want to talk about rude behavior in general--not a problem. I think it's a good topic.
    agreed, but I think if that is indeed going to be the topic, it needs to be offcial, becasue there has been more than one posts in this thread inquiring what people were talking about.

4. _Star_Wars_Girl_

_Star_Wars_Girl_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 2, 2003
    Episode III spoilers?
    Why wouldn't they be ok? :)

5. anakin_girl

Oct 8, 2000
    Ever been in there and expressed a pro-Anakin opinion, Star_Wars_Girl?

Check out my post a few pages back and see what was said to me.

6. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
    Episode III spoilers forum: Acceptable behavior?

If you have an issue, send one of the 3SA mods a PM and we can discuss it. You will be listened to and the situation will be resolved.

7. anakin_girl

Oct 8, 2000
    Grilled: Feel free to respond to me via PM if you'd rather, but I'm going to list the threads in which I was treated like dirt here so that everyone can see them.

New Episode III Rumour Site (the first time I have posted in 3SA in about a month, BTW--and someone smarted off at me after my first post)

Anakin/Vader as Aristotle's tragic hero

Vader must be entirely evil, no chance for redemption

SPY REPORT: Darth Thursday?

Will Anakin kill Padme?

Padme Naberrie Skywalker: MOTHER OF THE REBELLION (thread title highlighted for spoilers because it is from a caption on the OS)

Anyway, just by reading through even a portion of these threads, you'll get an idea of the blatant rudeness, condescension, nastiness, and insulting tone of any post that goes against the opinion of what one particular group of posters wants to hear--which is that Anakin is so evil that he makes Hannibal Lecter look like a gentleman.

I don't care if people have opinions that are different from mine. I do care about how they express it. I would say that about three quarters of the posters in 3SA disobey this mandate in the TOS: Also, as a general guideline, all users here should respect one another's opinions and beliefs.

I was taking way too many chances there. I was not getting the help I felt I needed, posters who flamed me were not getting punished, and as I am a city rep, I am not in a position where I can defend myself without getting into trouble.

So I post in 3NSA now. Today's post in one thread--a lighthearted post for which I was jumped on anyway--proved to me that I made the right decision.

8. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Today's post in one thread--a lighthearted post for which I was jumped on anyway--proved to me that I made the right decision.

I've looked at the Found New Episode 3 Rumour Site and I don't see what you are complaining about anakin_girl . :confused:

Are you talking about the poster who said "I bet you would..... " ?

9. anakin_girl

Oct 8, 2000
    It's a mild complaint, but just the vibe I got being in there...it would have been better if the poster had added a ;) or a [face_mischief] .
    The impression I got was just "Oh, another Anakin-lover *rolls eyes*."

Didn't help that the same poster had a " [face_plain] " in one of his very next posts, while Breezy and I had been joking around (due to the fact that the whole referenced site is a joke--Obi-Wan is General Madine?).

Even if you don't think that complaint is valid--and that's fine, you're entitled--the other threads stand for themselves...they were nasty.

10. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    It's a mild complaint, but just the vibe I got being in there...it would have been better if the poster had added a ;) or a [face_mischief] .

I did wonder whether the lack of smilies was the problem. I belatedly added the :confused: to my own post to soften it a little, just in case that was a factor.

I think the poster in question was just joining the general pattern of innuendo, not criticising you. He has got an Anakin icon, so I would give him the benefit of the doubt in this case.

11. DerthNader

DerthNader Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 25, 2001
    If you have an issue, send one of the 3SA mods a PM and we can discuss it. You will be listened to and the situation will be resolved

I doubt that would have worked for any of us who were chased out of 3SA. All that would have happened was that some of the offenders would have had a temporary ban, which is a slap on the wrist rather than a smack in the back of the head, which in this case, would be an indefinite ban, which would have been more appropriate.

12. anakin_girl

Oct 8, 2000
    In a lot of cases, DerthNader, I'm not even sure they would have been given a temporary ban. I think those of us who complained would have been told something along the lines of "Get over it. You're too sensitive." And I get rather tired of such responses.

When a poster states something merely to disagree with my opinion, that isn't offensive. However, when a poster makes a statement for the sole purpose of insulting or belittling me, or saying that my opinion is less valid because it is different, then that is offensive--and I'm not being overly sensitive if I think so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.