main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*** Episode III Spoilers ***

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by YouDontKnowMe, Jul 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YouDontKnowMe

YouDontKnowMe Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    In a makeup test, they had Ian McDiarmid looking just like the Emperor we know from the Classics, complete with yellow eyes and terrible crevaces of deep facial features. In one shot he's kind of gritting his teeth looking right at the camera. There are dark rings of red and brown under and around his eyes, and his lips are pursed and cracked. His face doesn't just look weathered, it looks plain evil. His black cloak is over his head in this first test shot.

2. YouDontKnowMe

Dec 23, 2002
    In a second shot, his cloak is removed and you can see the top of his head. It is more of a casual shot with Ian almost smiling an evil grin to the camera. You can SO see him under the latex, its some great work there. From this side shot you can see the intricate aging work in his neck and forehead, the man looks evil.

3. YouDontKnowMe

Dec 23, 2002
    Why does Sidious look like this? He always did. Palpatine is his disguise/alternate persona he adopted to get himself into political power. He isn't able to maintain the disguise while using his powers and you'll see him flash to his Sidious look earlier in the film until he does the official "unveiling."

4. YouDontKnowMe

Dec 23, 2002
    So would it be cool to see a first glimpse of this face as Palpatine feels the Dark Side flow through his body at a critical point in the film? Maybe there's been a confrontation, and Palpatine realizes this is the time to open up a can of something on a visiting Jedi.

Now.....(BIG SPOILER COMING)...

LOOK AWAY.....

I'M TELLING YOU...

ALLRIGHT.....

YOU ASKED FOR IT...

MACE GETS KILLED BY PALPATINE.... :eek:

5. Broncos_Slain

Broncos_Slain Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 5, 2003
    Duuuude...

Somebody call Josh...

6. YouDontKnowMe

Dec 23, 2002
    Somebody call Josh... [face_laugh]

7. YouDontKnowMe

Dec 23, 2002
    The Blockade Runner from Star Wars: A New Hope is definitely the one we'll see in Episode 3, though it'll be much cleaner and not so worn down as you may remember it. It is indeed the ship Bail Organa travels on to Alderaan at the end of the movie. It is even complete now including landing gear - it's been slightly redesigned, just to make it look a little fresh and new compared to what we see in the original film.

8. YouDontKnowMe

Dec 23, 2002
    Escape pods from this craft are also seen and used in the film. This ship is Bail Organa's to use throughout the film - it definitely has a "newer" look to it. There's also a good chance you'll see a scene that takes place on the never before seen bridge of the Tantive IV, and you'll see that it is capable of making planet-side landings with the new gear.

9. YouDontKnowMe

Dec 23, 2002
    - The new bad guy is the leader of the droid armies. He is the ultimate Jedi-killing machine. He isn't 100% droid but dont' expect his backstory to be revealed in the film. His backstory will be explained as much as Darth Maul's was in Episode I.

10. YouDontKnowMe

Dec 23, 2002
    ANOTHER HEAVY SPOILER.....

LOOK AWAY.....

I'M TELLING YOU....

DON'T COME COMPLAINING LATER ON....

OKAY. HERE GOES....

- Anakin kills Dooku, and really early in the film as previously reported. And the former Jedi isn't officially named "Darth Vader" until after the lava bath. But don't take this to mean he doesn't do some very very dark things before the duel takes place.

11. Jyro-Kyrn

Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    Okay, at this point I am going to try to quit. I've heard so much about this movie that by the time it comes out I'll know the WHOLE thing.
    I'm going to avoid this thread like the plauge.
    I'm not gonna read spy reports.
    I'll still check out the tidbits on HS. Those are never really spoilers per se.
    The hardcore spoilers are starting to feel, well, spoiling... :(

12. YouDontKnowMe

Dec 23, 2002
    A good friend of mine was in the same situation. He couldn't decide to be spolied or apoiler-free. It's a tough decision. So whatever you go with, you got my support.

13. Broncos_Slain

Oct 5, 2003
    I was TOTALLY spoiled for EP:II and when I finally saw it on the big ole screen, it didn't really matter...

In the excitement of watching the movie, I forgot half of the spoilers anyway, and the other half were still exciting from the standpoint that I wanted to see how GL accomplished it.

As far as the spoilers so far, a large majority of them are facts, in that we know what has to occur between EP:II and A New Hope. So, Palpy comin' out of the shadows, Anakin turnin' to Vader, the Jedi gettin' wiped out, are all givens. It's just HOW these events come to pass that will (hopefully) be exciting.

SPOIL ME BABY!!!!!!

14. YouDontKnowMe

Dec 23, 2002
    I agree. However I also understand Jyro's point of view.

15. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    I was super spoiled for 2 and it made the wait worse for me. just waiting to see it on the silver screen.

16. Broncos_Slain

Oct 5, 2003
    Now THAT I would agree with as well. The more spoiled I get, the more anxious, too.

Bring on Episode III!!!!!!

17. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    Do you know how difficult it is to avoid spy reports? I'm an addict! A junkie! I can't resist! I'm hooked!

HEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPP! :_|

18. Broncos_Slain

Oct 5, 2003
    ***THIS JUST IN***

Vader's really NOT Luke & Leia's father...

Amidala really hooked up with Obi-Wan while Anakin is off doin' his Clone Wars gig, but he never does the math to figure it out.

So, when Ben told Luke that "Vader betrayed and murdered your father", he was actually prophesizing his own demise...

19. YouDontKnowMe

Dec 23, 2002
    Sick, B_S, sick... ;)

20. YouDontKnowMe

Dec 23, 2002
    Padme is killed by Anakin. He uses the force 'strangle' on her and goes a little too far. He doesn't mean to kill her.

Also, when Anakin wakes up as Darth Vader and is told what happened to him he becomes so angry he rips apart the room he's in with the Force.

And lastly, when Mace Windu confronts Palpatine, Palpatine's electricity bolts deflect off Windu's saber and into Anakin's eyes. Anakin flips out again and lops off Mace's arm.

21. YouDontKnowMe

Dec 23, 2002
    Correction: the reason Vader rips the room apart isn't because of what happened to him. It is because of Vader being told he killed Padme.

22. Broncos_Slain

Oct 5, 2003
    So, he snuffs her accidentally, due to his lack of control of the dark side.

More tragic irony...

I LUV IT!!!!!!

23. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    AIGH! I can't help it! I keep reading them! The spy reports lately are driving me mad! General Grevious! Four lightsabers?! Yoda on Kaasshhyyykkkkkkkk! Like anyone else could spell it off the top of their head?!
    I am hoping that ALL of this stuff turns out to be completely false! I would love to think that I knew exactly what was going to happen, and then be completely suprised in the theater!

I'm never gonna make it to '05 :(

24. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    Teletext spoke with Ian McDiarmid, who plays Chancellor Palpatine in Star Wars: Episode III. He says his character will be featured in "action-packed scenes" for the first time in the third prequel.

"You'd imagine that my character has been rather deskbound in the past but this time he will get to take part in the action," says McDiarmid. "I can't give the story away as George Lucas would kill me but I have been engaged in far more physical activities than any of the other films."

"I have found myself sliding down chutes at speed and landing on heaps of rubber, it's been a completely new experience for me. I haven't had to go down the gym to get fit for the scenes but I did need a few rehearsals to get up to speed."

"Most of my scenes have been with Anakin Skywalker [Hayden Christensen] who eventually becomes Darth Vader."

He added that "There's a lot of anticipation about the movie and I think it will be worth the wait."

25. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    Mr. Anakin Skywalker himself, Hayden Christensen, talked to BBCi Films about the final prequel, Star Wars: Episode III. He says Anakin's turn to the dark side is definitely... dark!

"My character in this one is more or less in the entire film, in every scene in the movie. The character arc is very specific and graduates to the dark side nicely. It was a great part to play. It's definitely darker in tone but I turn into Darth Vader, so how could it not be?"

He adds that "in the first act of the film, there's lots of adventure and Ewan [McGregor] and I are in our element there acting as Jedi Knights. There's a nice banter between the two of us. It has its light-hearted humour but, as the film progresses, it gets darker and darker."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.