main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Episode IX Box Office Discussion

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Marathonjedi77, Dec 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I know in the past you got that Regal card where you can see the movie everyday of its theater run, did you get that card for TROS? did you see TROS everyday of its theater run? I was just curious about this. also if you don't mind me asking what did you think of the Disney Star Wars movies as a whole did you like them including TLJ and TROS? I thoroughly enjoyed all the Disney Star Wars movies including TLJ and TROS for the longest time TLJ was my favorite. not Shure where I rank TROS quite yet? basically I loved all the star wars movies so far including the prequels and the Clone Wars movie...

2. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    If this is where Star Wars bottoms out, then it's not doing so terrible. My hunch is if there is a Joker 2 it's going to struggle to make TLJ or TROS money. Some series build up to higher numbers. Others start at the top. Joker and The Force Awakens started at the top.

3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I am trying to not click on Forbes Scott Mendelson anymore but that headline is so damn stupid I have to give it a glance. Unfortunately, Forbes box office is filling up my google news feed so I had to drop it. But yah that article is just a slobbering crazypants rant. But it'll be interesting if he still keeps writing about it every month as he goes nuts. I think the fact it made a billion dollars really sticks in his craw or something.

4. Skillzwalker

Skillzwalker Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2015
    Have said it before but Scott from forbes has a career built on click bait from Star wars fans. He writes positive and negative articles daily, as in every day. Ignore him.

I have no doubt he is in panic mode now cos there is no Star wars movie coming in near future but that is his problem. He has received far more attention than that he deserves.

5. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    TROS is still showing in three theaters that are within 40 minuets to me. Considering how many theaters it has been taken out of, I’m surprised.

rocknroll41 likes this.
  6. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
  7. SWRed7

SWRed7 Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 16, 2015
    9 weeks complete.

Domestic Total: $513,563,372.

WW Total: $1,069,535,761

Anyone here going to see it this weekend?

8. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
  9. cratylus

cratylus Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 9, 2001
    I'm starting to feel a little bit guilty in a way but I think I might be up for a fourth theatrical viewing.

10. MagnarTheGreat

Jul 21, 2016
  11. SWRed7

SWRed7 Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 16, 2015
    Go for it! I am as well on Sunday.

12. HaloWithStyle

HaloWithStyle Jedi Master star 2

May 11, 2015
    How many times have you watched the mandalorian episodes?

ImpKnight likes this.
  13. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    TROS dropped 62% to $531K this weekend.

Looks like this thread may be closed sooner than we think.

And FTR, Disney's 2020 box office intake will probably end up between 35-40% of what it was in 2019. Not that it's a big surprise given the releases.

I'm predicting that Onward does somewhere around Ralph Breaks the Internet numbers. Mulan's numbers are not looking to be very high unless we see an Aladdin-type surprise.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
  14. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
  15. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    I saw the first 10 or 15 minutes of Onward. It's much better than Ralph. If the rest of the movie follows suit, then quality alone will take it past Ralph.

16. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    For me yes, absolutely! I’ve loved it all. My only experience being anything less than thrilled was my first showing of TFA, where I was so tired I missed a bunch of stuff and came out somewhat confused. Then I saw it the next day and loved it, saw it 40 more times haha. I was nervous about Disney Star Wars not going to lie, but I’ve been very happy and excited. I think the only thing that has put a damper on things is my fellow fans, in the sense that I used to feel more of a shared connection with other fans and now there’s simply too much. Whether it’s complaining about the SE, the prequels, the sequels, Disney, RJ, I mostly avoid talking about Star Wars and just privately enjoy it. No disrespect to the other fans intended it’s just I have enough negativity from other things in life, SW is meant as an escape from that and to bring joy.

I have AMC A List so I’m able to see 3 movies a week in any format for $20/month, amazing deal! I really get great value out of it. It’s awesome having my theatrical costs controlled like that without worrying about ticket prices :)

17. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I agree with everything you wrote!

18. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Slightly better weekend than estimated - Internationals also updated:

20 15 Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker $565,707

Domestic (48%)
    $514,129,079

International (52%)

$557,863,059

Worldwide

$1,071,992,138

Now TROS only needs $1.3 million worldwide to catch and beat the Joker =D=

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
    Ricardo Funes, SWRed7 and indydefense like this.
  19. Marathonjedi77

Marathonjedi77 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 2, 2012
    We should have just enough left in the tank hopefully to pass Joker and toy story 4.

20. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I will buy 30,000 more tickets

SWRed7 and The Legions of Lettow like this.
  21. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
  22. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Really can't believe? This is where its been headed clearly for the past 2 years.

23. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    That is saying a lot @Marathonjedi77 that it can barely pass a R-rated superhero film that was more of an independent art film released in October then a massive tentpole film.

And congrats to Sonic the Hedgehog for proving to be the first video game movie in a long time to defy expectations.

jedi-soon likes this.
  24. Joystick Chevron

Joystick Chevron Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2017
    Personal thoughts on quality aside, one's a sequel to a film that's fondly remembered, one's a remake of a film that's fondly remembered, one's a sequel to a divisive film and comes out after the first Star Wars flop. I'm surprised myself it didn't at least pass TLJ, but given it wasn't well received on it's own merits and largely seems to have succeeded at turning off both TLJ fans and those who are not, I don't think it's that surprising that it didn't scrape it's way over those two.

25. MagnarTheGreat

Jul 21, 2016
    CNBC - Bob Iger to step down as Disney CEO, effective immediately

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
    The Legions of Lettow likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.