main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Episode IX Opening crawl.

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Jabberwock2137, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Jabberwock2137

Jabberwock2137 Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 16, 2013
    MOD EDIT: Oh, you. You're such a card. Always leave 'em laughing.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2018
  2. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
    Uh.

No. That won't happen. Sorry.

3. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    In before the...

Wait. Why would anyone want to get in here?

Out before the lock then.

DARTH_BELO and vncredleader like this.
  4. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    [​IMG]

They signed off on TLJ because they liked how it functioned as a darker setback second chapter for this trilogy and a lot of people who love movies agree with them.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
    IlhamKamaruddin likes this.
  5. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
  6. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Ignoring the trolling OP, this thread can be used for actual discussion. Carry on.

DaddlerTheDalek and TCF-1138 like this.
  7. RokurGepta

RokurGepta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2010
    All I know is they’ll be missing a huge opportunity if the first line of the crawl is anything other than

“Luke Skywalker has vanished.”

:cool:

Too soon?

8. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    How about:

"Luke Skywalker has been found.

BUT..."

Nope-not going there. I don't want to be the one responsible for getting this thread locked afterall!

Still though in the spirit of actual contribution: I wonder when we'll be treated to the first few words of the opening crawl or whatever. Should be before the end of the year, right? I can't remember what the timeframe is for what we've gotten before...

Also, assuming we jump forward in time, I wonder if they'll just come out and say it in the crawl, all "three years have passed, and the First Order...blah blah blahbety blah." The saga has never been to informative on just how much time has passed between episodes. AOTC kind of alluded to it, but mostly it's just something fans were informed of before the film is released-and we just go off of that understanding. That's what I think will happen here as well-which I'd be totally fine with.

9. RokurGepta

RokurGepta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2010
    Assuming the Resistance has been regrouping and laying low for a while, the First Order is basically in control of the galaxy when the film starts. Depending on the wording they can imply time has passed without being specific. Also a perfect opportunity for some reverse symmetry with RotS:

“Peace! The First Order has secured the galaxy and stamped out all but the smallest pockets of Resistance, but whispers of hope still echo among the stars.

At the edge of the galaxy, in a system that has slipped through the fingers of Kylo Ren’s war machine, General Leia Organa and her band of Rebels attempt to forge an alliance with an ancient warrior civilization.

There, on a world lost to time, as the young Jedi Rey continues to deepen her connection to the Force, a trail of clues from an ancient Jedi tome lead her down an uncertain path...”

Or something like that. [face_dunno]

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  10. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    The FATHIERS of Canto Bight have been freed!
    But the stablehands who cared for them
    Are still slaves of the HIDEOUS Bargwell Tomder.

etc.

11. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Episode IX

The Last Hope
    (or something like that along the "hope" line to mirror ANH)

blablabla
    Luke is dead
    Evil everywhere
    A friend (Lando) answers Leia's distress call
    Will the few Rebels manage to restore hope to the galaxy?

12. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    The return of Luke Skywalker has sparked hope throughout the galaxy but the First Order remains an ever present threat.

Desperately low on supplies General Leia Organa has sent Lando Calrissian to Tatooine to broker a deal with his underground connections but he has gone missing. Rey, Finn, and Poe have been dispatched to the desert planet to find Lando.

DarthHass, MYMUTHAZ and Ricardo Funes like this.
  13. Ricardo Funes

Dec 18, 2015
    Very much so, but I would add the part that Lando answered the distress call. But I think that you are spot on.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  14. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    If JJ is busy and feels like reusing some of his old stuff from TFA:

The porgs have vanished. In their absence, the sinister SCHMORGS have risen from the ashes of LUKE'S CORPSE and will not rest until Lulu, the last porg, has been destroyed.

With the support of the BROOM BOYS, General Leia Organa leads a brave CLEANING CREW. She is desperate to find Lulu and gain her help in restoring peace and justice to the galaxy.

Leia has sent her most daring pilot on a secret mission to Schmakku, where an old ally has discovered a clue to Lulu's whereabouts….

15. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Luke Skywalker is alive ! The first Order still reigns but ........

16. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    I can’t wait to be proven right next year! :p

17. Ricardo Funes

Dec 18, 2015
    I think you will be correct. We more or less know (or have a good guess) at what will be the main story points. That distress call that Leia sent and nobody answered, is a good chance to tie with Lando joining the story.

18. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Plus it would have Rey mirroring Luke's return to Tatooine in Return of the Jedi.

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  19. GoJohnnyGo

GoJohnnyGo Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 19, 2012
    Han Solo is alive, but Disney could not convince Harrison Ford to return and Luke has been steeling too many scenes so we'll have to focus on the new characters...

20. Jabberwock2137

Jabberwock2137 Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 16, 2013
    I can see there being a serious 'Magnificent Seven' vibe to the first act of Ep IX so......

The rebellion has been crushed and all that remains is a handful of valiant freedom fighters aboard the Millenium falcon. All hope, however, is not lost and in a last ditch attempt to rally support, they set forth to the far reaches of the galaxy in search of help.....

Exactly what The First Order was expecting....

21. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    Conquest! The Resistance has been all but decimated, and the First Order has proclaimed itself the SECOND GALACTIC EMPIRE.
    Coruscant, once the capital of the Old Republic, is now the seat of this evil regime.

But Supreme Leader Kylo Ren fears his reign is in jeopardy as factions within his new empire vie for control, and the flailing resistance slowly gathers allies.
    In a desperate bid to strengthen his hold, Kylo turns his attention to finding an ancient source of darkside power,
    found only in the farthest reaches of the galaxy's Unknown Regions.

Having gotten word of the Supreme Leader's intentions, the remains of the Resistance launch a last-ditch attempt to stop him.
    Under the leadership of General Dameron, Rey and Finn have been tasked with reaching this ancient well of power before it can be used to crush the galaxy....

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
  22. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    STAR WARS
    Episode IX
    Destiny of the Dorks

It is a dark time for The Franchise. Although LFL has made two
    Sequel Trilogy films, millions of angry fanboys have turned
    against them. Billions of dollars are at stake, childhoods have been ruined.

Enraged by the death of Luke Skywalker and Rian Johnson’s bad script,
    a BOYCOTT threatens to destroy Star Wars FOREVER.

Desperate to save her job, Kathleen Kennedy has dispatched Billie Dee Williams
    to make Finn “Cool”, and prove that The Franchise is better than the DC Movies . . .

23. MYMUTHAZ

MYMUTHAZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 17, 2001
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

24. Jo Lucas

Jo Lucas Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2015
    Hmm, and what would this "ancient well of power" be?

25. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    I have no idea. I just thought having a kind of Indiana Jones style mission in Episode 9 could be fun. Although, now that I think about it, it's quite a bit like the plot of 'Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight.' Oh well.