main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Episode IX Story Discussion

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Formidious, Dec 13, 2017.

1. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    Nah it would feel rushed if something like the Yuzhan Vong came out of nowhere. Maybe it could work if it was related to Snoke

2. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    I think any large third party entering the fray is unlikely unless it is extremely focused (like Snoke's people coming to deal with Kylo). Otherwise, maybe we see something like that in RJ's trilogy.

IMO, we likely see some conflict between Kylo and Hux, while the Rebellion starts pushing the FO back. I've speculated that Kylo is deposed by a military coup and though he is not "redeemed" he connects with Rey and or Luke to help defeat the FO. His redemption could be hinted at by the end of the film. Working on my fan treatment!

3. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    No more Phasma, she has turned into a massive wasted opportunity and a huge disappointment.

4. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Phasma is just one character too many. Another character arc to deal with in a movie stuffed full of character arcs.

5. Yora

Yora Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 17, 2016
    I think that Hux will indeed try a coup against Kylo but he will fail and be killed by Kylo.
    If Kylo is redeemed, he must gives up himself and willingly his throne and power, not because he was forced to fly the First Order because of Hux. Otherwise, it would feel more like "If I can't rule the FO then no one can" and "I have no other choice to join the Resistance if I want to get revenge on Hux because I can't fight him alone".
    For Kylo's redemption to be believable, he needs to kill Snoke (which he already did in TLJ), to kill Hux and to destroy the First Order himself.
    Also, I don't think that Kylo will ever join the Resistance.
    They are the good guys, yes, but there is a limit and there is no way that they accept Kylo in their rank even if Rey ask them.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
    MrElculver2424 likes this.
  6. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I don't think it would feel rushed. They would have a whole trilogy to follow that arc. As I mentioned in my post above, I was suggesting they could introduce it in Episode IX, but it would cover the whole next trilogy to resolve.

That is of course if they chose to connect the new RJ trilogy as perhaps Episodes X-XII, after IX. I'm sure that's unlikely, but still-the point I was really making was again not the Vong specifically, but some sort of external enemy that the entire galaxy needs to band together to defeat...

7. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Prediction! Everybody is expecting Hux to be killed by Kylo possibly after Hux kills Leia. What if...big twist...Hux is killed by Rey? Kylo tries to play it off that he doesn't care about Leia being killed but Rey sure does and kills Hux.

8. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I feel like Hux isn't Rey's rival.
    Hux's purpose is to bounce off Kylo, and maybe Poe.

It's not Rey's purpose to fight the military battles. She's religious, not secular. She's lightsabers, not TIE fighters.

mlsw, MasterPrince713 and Star war like this.
  9. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Hux killed by his own stormtroopers would be fitting. He supported taking kids from their families for the stormtrooper program. If Finn turns stormtroopers against the FO, then having Hux die by their hands would be fitting.

10. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Is Ep. 9 going to be a blood bath? Kylo might be killed, Hux might be killed, the Knights of Ren might be killed, Leia will likely die. Jeesh.

11. Star war

Star war Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 23, 2018
    Only Rey will live bcoz she doesnt need anyone.

12. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    We got a bigger bloodbath in TLJ

13. Star war

Star war Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 23, 2018
  14. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Prediction! Everybody in the Resistance forgets that presumably they had a mole among them that give the FO the information they needed to track the Resistance and Ep. 9 is over within five minutes because the FO show up and obliterates the good guys.

JoJoPenelli likes this.
  15. darth-umbralis397

darth-umbralis397 Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2017
    These are highly educative movies. Then I advance A prediction:

in the next ep. (ix) Rey (perhaps assisted by m. Yoda) will teach Chewie and Kylo Ren waste sorting. In a fun way.

JoJoPenelli and Darth Smurf like this.
  16. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Star Wars EPISODE 9
    Dominion of the Dark Side

Movie opens in 7 years after TLJ in orbit of some planet that the FO has recently overtaken. We see a large unfinished ring structure being assembled around the planet. It looks like a spiked wall or barrier. The FO fleet is in orbit discussing that the Rebel fleet has entered their system. They can't get through to Kylo Ren, who's on the surface, for any plan or leadership. He's ignoring them again. Hux and the officers are growing tired of his Supreme Leadership.

Kylo Ren has been MIA lately. His mother died months ago, and now he finds himself alone, essentially morning her in isolation. He has successfully killed his past, but still doesn't feel more powerful. There are no more voices, and no longer a connection to Rey. All is quiet.

We flash to the Rebel fleet entering the system. The Rebels have grown large in the past 7 years. The fleet consists of differing alien alliances, different kinds of large ships, and even some Imperial ones that have been commandeered. Poe Dameron leads the fleet and strategizes that if they can break through this section of space, take back this planet, free the citizens there, it would break a part the FO territory and strike a deadly blow. The plan is to fight the FO in orbit, and secretly send down Finn and a small team to the surface.

We pan across the sea of Ahch-to and island of the last Jedi temple. In the open temple room, we see 6 students sparring over the mosaic floor. As they 'fight', an older hooded figure silently watches from the far side. We assume it's Rey, but suddenly she walks in through the cave entrance. The hooded figure lowers his hood and reveals...it's Luke Skywalker, who tells her "the students are doing well. Time for your final lesson, now that you're done meditating." We see Luke and Rey by themselves, in deep meditation, hovering in a seated position. Luke explains how the Force exists on this plane, but exists on another plane as well. The camera zooms into a single atom of space and we see Luke and Rey in another space, a completely bizarre environment. Similar to the room they're in, but also different. Luke tells her more about this space, where the Force originates. How you can come here to connect, to reach out, to travel the cosmos. Luke lets go and tells Rey to control the journey. It's takes immense concentration but they travel to other lands instantly. Rey is struggling. The environment begins to change based on her unease. It gets dark. Luke reminds her that she's been through this before...and fails at the same point. She needs to let go of herself. Of everything. But Rey knows there's something still pulling at her. The connection that Snoke established still haunts her. She opens her eyes, while still in that Force space, and sees Luke next to her, in the same seated position. He's glowing. Ethereal. But not like Force Ghosts. More like...just pure energy. She tells him she has to go back. The Rebels need her now.

Back to the Rebel fleet. We get a big battle in space. The sides are more equal then we have seen in ST wars since maybe the PT era. As the fleets fight, a small rebel ship descends to the surface unnoticed. The ship manages to elude detection and lands outside a base. Finn, Poe, and Rose sneak into the base and meet a spy. He tells them that there's an underground trooper resistance movement ready to fight with them. Apparently the Legend of Finn, the trooper who free'd himself is catching on.

The rest of the movie explores how the Rebels, and Finn, get the stormtroopers to rise up against the FO. This spreads to many worlds across the galaxy and breaks the FO. Rey and the other Jedi students joins the fleet and fights with them, they help free the slaves, and along with the troopers bring down the FO. Some big adventure with Jedi fighting to help those who need it. True protectors once again. As the FO goes down, Rey and Kylo finally meet up and there's a fight between them. I think the movie would end with them teaming up and realizing that they need to work together to fight this dark presence. They go to that strange Force space, and we see the dark side version of it. Rey, Luke, and Kylo fight off whatever the true enemy really is. Perhaps it's even Snoke's true presence....who knows. Kylo sacrifices himself and stays there to essentially keep the dark side there, to contain it, so it can't influence the galaxy ever again. He's not redeemed, but he pays for his sins, with this kind of eternal punishment. He keeps the evil there for another thousand years, so that peace can be achieved. Luke becomes one with the Force and leaves for good. Rey goes back to Ahch-to. The galaxy rejoices finally.

That's as far as I got.

Darth Nave and MrElculver2424 like this.
  17. JoJoPenelli

JoJoPenelli Chosen One star 6

Aug 14, 2000
    Something something “Chosen One” something something.

18. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    How many of you all think the First Order will still be around in some form by the end of Ep. 9?

19. MrElculver2424

MrElculver2424 Jedi Master star 4

May 11, 2014
    I don't. Since it appears they are purely a military-in-space organization without any permanent structure like the vast and deep Empire, I'd predict it'll collapse entirely at the end of IX. But, who knows. Rey did say that most of the major systems are going to be controlled by the First Order. I don't know what that means though.

20. MrElculver2424

MrElculver2424 Jedi Master star 4

May 11, 2014
    That's the problem I see here...Rey is supposed to be the main protagonist of this entire trilogy, but it's becoming Kylo's redemption story. And if he turns fully back, then you might as well call it his trilogy, and Rey's just there to play a little part in that. It's confusing.

21. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    How do you know that it is becoming Kylo's redemption story?
    That's nothing but an assumption on your part. There is nothing about TFA and TLJ which says that Ben must be redeemed in the last act. You can't judge a story based on where you think it might be heading, you can only judge it by the actual story.

I don't really see how the whole thing would be "his" trilogy and not Rey's, just because he might be redeemed in some way anyway. The OT wasn't Vader's story just because he got redeemed by Luke. The overarching story over the first six episodes may have been, but the OT was focused on Luke, and to a slightly lesser extend Han and Leia. And since when must there be one defining character anyway? The story can just as well be about Rey and Ben, or even Rey, Ben, Finn and Poe.

If Rey is responsible for the eventual outcome, she would still be the main protagonist, regardless of whether Ben dies, changes sides or goes into self-imposed exile.

MrElculver2424 likes this.
  22. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    What about the First Order attack in the wookies?

23. cut-of-space

cut-of-space Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 29, 2017
    The First Order may end, but I'm certain that the war profiteers and arm dealers will stick around. Canto Bight made it seem like people in very high places are invested in keeping the galaxy in turmoil. Like DJ, he may die but I bet his toxic philosophy will live on somewhere in someone else. As long as people like him are around, peace will never be permanent. When the First Order falls a new evil will eventually rise to take its place. Thus, greed will continue the cycle of violence in the galaxy far far away and Disney will get to keep this franchise alive forever.

24. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014
    Kylo and Hux are all that stands in the way of the rise of Supreme Leader Peavey.

Darth Dnej likes this.
  25. MasterPrince713

MasterPrince713 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2017
    They though they were being clever but they oversimplified things and made the galaxy even smaller. Pisses me off so much....

Darth Smurf likes this.