main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Episode IX tied into Episode one in a fitting way.

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Brer79, Oct 31, 2022.

1. Brer79

Brer79 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 3, 2017
    One of my biggest complaints about the ST is the lack of connections to the PT.
    There are small references, but nothing that stands out.
    I was thinking about Episode IX, and noticed a small, but nice detail I missed.
    Everyone in the Resistance was concerned that it would be overwhelmed by the First Order and that no help would come if asked.
    Until Lando showed up with a galaxy of support.
    Anakin in Episode I had mentioned,
    "Mom, you said the biggest problem with the galaxy is that no one helps each other".
    That to me, intended or not, is the bow on the package for connecting the saga.
    The ST may have lacked in PT visuals, but Episode IX had quite a few story elements that tied in .

Last edited: Oct 31, 2022
  2. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    Anakin leaves his mother, turning around to say goodbye.

Ben returns to his mother spiritually and “comes home” for the Skywalkers, turning around as she uses her last strength to pull him back.

3. Noname12

Noname12 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 19, 2020
    Ben should have hated sand.

High Inquisitor Ivo likes this.
  4. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Now add the part where Anakin tries to kill his mom multiple times. It's like poetry.

5. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Both use that chanty Sith Language.

6. SmokeMonster4815162342

SmokeMonster4815162342 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2015
    TROS really should have shown why they came this time, and not at the end of TLJ.

Maybe the writers wanted to keep it in the POV of the Resistance, with the FO making them think they're more alone than they really were, but they at least could have gave a little hint somewhere, that stories of Luke and Leia's miraculous actions in TLJ, as well stories of the Resistance and a new Jedi, have made their way across the galaxy, inspiring folk to be selfless and fight. How fitting would it have been for Anakin's children to be the ones to inspire the entire galaxy to "help each other".

Last edited: Nov 2, 2022
  7. wreath

wreath Jedi Padawan star 2

Aug 21, 2021
    I disagree that never truly had tho we could've had courrsant