main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Episode IX Toys, Collectibles, Action Figures, etc. - Triple Force Friday: October 4

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Oct 27, 2018.

1. Def Trooper

Def Trooper Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 6, 2019
    Star Wars: The White Series

B99 and ForceGhostPrincessLeia like this.
  2. ForceGhostPrincessLeia

ForceGhostPrincessLeia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 22, 2018
    I wasn't impressed with the face sculpt on Rey. The jawa looked really good though.

3. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I really wanna find more 1st edition Black Series.. Only got the Sith Trooper..

4. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Haha. I just noticed your avatar and spit my coffee out. Seriously, that's wonderful.

5. Trepis

Trepis Jedi Padawan

Aug 26, 2019
    checked a few walmarts today and another TRU , no luck at all on the BS I was on the look out for ; At the last TRU determined to not go home empty handed , I picked up a Rogue One Darth Vader for 98c and a TFA Rey that came with a cool little podium to stand on with a back drop for 2.98:) Woot, first star wars toys , going to have to order the others online

6. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Didn't TRU go out of business?

cerealbox likes this.
  7. Trepis

Trepis Jedi Padawan

Aug 26, 2019
    we still have them in Canada

Bor Mullet likes this.
  8. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    YOUR WONDERFUL, YOUR ALL WONDERFUL!!

Trepis and Bor Mullet like this.
  9. Joystick Chevron

Joystick Chevron Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2017
    I don't believe I've seen it brought up here, but I'm really disappointed with the choice to remove Rose from some of the merchandise.

There's a few more in the thread. I get she's not a popular character with a segment of the fandom, but straight up removing her from designs she was included in is...ugh.

10. Vader0706

Vader0706 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2017
    Well, Rose wasn't a particularly well received character in TLJ so I am not really surprised...

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  11. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    Hasbro just had a panel at NYCC, everything they've revealed is all that's coming out this Fall. I'm majorly disappointed in how the 3.75 range is being managed, we'll be getting barely any new characters for ROS.

12. Darth Mikey

Darth Mikey Jedi Master star 3

Sep 7, 2015
    I'm frankly shocked that there won't be some form of Sidious in any scale.

13. ForceGhostPrincessLeia

Apr 22, 2018
    That's pretty awful.

14. Def Trooper

Def Trooper Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 6, 2019
    It kind of is, I had no idea they commissioned a bunch of art of her then deliberately removed pretty much all of it.

I may not be a fan of how Rose was handled in TLJ, but I always hoped she wouldn't get the Jar Jar treatment since there's generally more potential in her character if you don't handle it idiotically like Rian did.

15. ForceGhostPrincessLeia

Apr 22, 2018
    Yeah. It's one thing if not every character makes it to every promo. But to have one picture with her in it and the same one with her removed...wtaf?

Def Trooper and Joystick Chevron like this.
  16. MY Millennium Falcon

MY Millennium Falcon Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2019
    Seems like there isn't much of Force Friday mood in the local Malaysian toy stores, including Toys R Us and Hamleys... Or it could be because I was out of town over the weekend (short vacay, lol) and didn't get the chance to drop by the shops to check things out... :p

Anyway, my car is under servicing today and when I get it back, I'll try to head to a TRU after work to see if any new Star Wars goodies have made their way here or not... =D=

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  17. Troy_Viszla

Troy_Viszla Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 2, 2018
    If you like the character of Rose or not, but this is a cheap and unfair move.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  18. JoJoPenelli

JoJoPenelli Chosen One star 6

Aug 14, 2000
    Rose had little presence in the TLJ marketing as well.

19. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I think the market was oversaturated with Rose for TLJ, especially 3.75 figures, so they're pulling back on everything, because she wasn't exactly a big hit. If you combine all her action figure releases, she might be the biggest pegwarmer of all time for a single character. This is just the reality of the situation, I certainly don't hate her, I bought most of her figures, and if you take the poncho of her final figure, its fall into the category of "close enough" for a ROS figure, since she's wearing her necklace and has a tan shirt on.

http://www.rebelscum.com/Hasbro-Sta...ars-The-Last-Jedi-four-pack-Hasbro/IMAGE1.asp

What I find unfair is that Rose can get FOUR figures in the 3.75 scale, and Connix doesn't get a single action figure release by Hasbro.

20. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    This is my Haul I picked up today plus a Figure from the Solo movie that was on clearance I got it at Target Walmart had nothing,
    [​IMG]
    I also got the new Spiderman movie!

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
    MY Millennium Falcon, B99 and Trepis like this.
  21. Troy_Viszla

Troy_Viszla Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 2, 2018
    The D-O funko looks Awsome.

Trepis likes this.
  22. jeangreyforever

jeangreyforever Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2019
    Justice for Rose.

KyleKartan likes this.
  23. Darth Mikey

Darth Mikey Jedi Master star 3

Sep 7, 2015
  24. ForceGhostPrincessLeia

Apr 22, 2018
    Look, it's Hip Hop Trooper!

25. MY Millennium Falcon

MY Millennium Falcon Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2019
    One Star Wars-loving friend of mine said that some crazy Malaysian fans actually camped outside of the flagship Toys R Us store in Mid Valley Megamall, Kuala Lumpur and grabbed the Force Friday goodies off the racks like hot cakes, when the outlet opened its doors at 1000 hrs on Friday... It wasn’t so insane at other outlets but what I heard was that most of the latest merchandise have been sold out by last weekend, nonetheless! :(

Anyway, I’m going to try the Toys R Us in smaller malls as well as department stores in other further parts of Greater Kuala Lumpur this weekend then, to see what (leftovers) I can find... O:)

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019