main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Episode IX Toys, Collectibles, Action Figures, etc. - Triple Force Friday: October 4

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Oct 27, 2018.

1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It's never too early to start discussing merchandise from the final film in the Skywalker Saga! We probably won't hear anything about the products they're planning for quite a while but that's okay. While the main topic of the thread is Episode IX merchandise these threads have really become a catch all for discussing the wide range of Star Wars products released. From books to video games to the ongoing Black Series and Vintage Collection and everything in between here is where all you New Films forumers can come to talk about all things Star Wars merchandise!

I'm excited to see that they're finally going to release a Padme 6-inch Black Series. And it's her Geonosis Arena outfit so that's cool. I'll be happy to finally be able to unite the big three of the PT films with the big three of the OT and ST films!

I still need to catch up on the second wave of Solo Black Series figures starting with Tobias Beckett. I'll do that before the IX release though.

Anyway, what are you all hoping to see the most from the IX product release? Or just Star Wars products in general? Discuss!

2. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    I'm in line now for Force Friday 2019. I'll provide updates on the going ons at this Toys R Us....

3. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    I'm at Target looking for the Episode IX Black Series Plagueis figure, and can't find it. This store is useless.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
    moxlox likes this.
  4. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I ordered online and had them all sent out to the UK.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  5. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Episode IX diorama product looks genuine, doesn't say whether it's Jedha or Jakku.
    [​IMG]

6. Darthur C. Clarke

Darthur C. Clarke Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2016
    Still hoping it'll be a Keri Russell-looking Mara Jade figure.........

Although, whoever she ends up playing, there should totally be a one of those upgrade kits that lets you make her be every major disguise from The Americans!

Other than that, no real idea. I'm sure a new Rey to get whatever her lightsaber ends up being. If they make a Force Ghost Luke (or others!) that'll be pretty high up the list; Old man Lando; Rocket pack Maz-you know after that cameo in TLJ they'll have to work her into the final battle with it!

Kylo Ren as the Supreme Leader if the costume's good.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
  7. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I want to have a Star Wars 43% Wadi Rum bottle!

Django Fett likes this.
  8. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Mace and battle droid Black Series announced:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

They'll be released in spring 2019 to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of TPM. Holy **** it's almost the 20th Anniversary of TPM! :eek:

9. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    I want the Palpatine killing Plagueis black series playset.

10. Guidman

Dec 29, 2016
    Status update from Toys R Us: I've got some looks from people driving by, I assume it's jealousy that they aren't the first in line. They're taking down the sign. When I asked the guy what was going on, he just laughed. I'm just going to imagine that the new sign and logo for the store is going to be much, much better. Probably feature Geoffrey the Giraffe more.

11. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    I can hear Hasbro nervously sweating from here. The flashbacks of Peg warming Finn and Poe figures terrify me.

12. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    That combination of Mace and Battle Droid takes me back to 1998.... waiting outside of KB Toys to pick up the Battle Droid with STAP sneak preview, and also mailing away proofs of purchase for the Mace sneak preview fig. While waiting for KB to open, I was impressed by how many folks had showed up to get their Battle Droid and STAP, only to find out there was a new toy on the market called a Furby.

On the topic of Toys R Us and KB, it appears KB might be returning....
    https://nypost.com/2018/03/19/kb-toys-planning-comeback-after-demise-of-toys-r-us/

KSennia and whostheBossk like this.
  13. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    Generally, I thought no these kinds of toys are fading for kids.... it's all about screens today, which is too bad because I loved figures as a kid. However, my hope is for some more reasonably high quality Black Series helmets. Love those.

14. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    I just saw the Lego Star Wars All-Stars commercials yesterday. (I don't typically follow kids programming, so those commercials were new to me.)

Also, I see that Lego Star Wars Allstars specials are coming to the Disney XD channel soon. Looks like it will cover the Solo movie and TLJ.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
  15. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Great, my list to buy has grown to 28 items right now. Why do we need money anyways?

16. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Whatever Rey's new lightsaber is, I'm in for a Force FX edition. Maybe if Kylo gets a new one I'll pick that up too. Hell, even if he doesn't, maybe they can do a 2-pack or something.

17. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Silly. So we can buy SW stuff.

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  18. Cantina Regular

Cantina Regular Jedi Knight star 3

May 24, 2016
    c'mon figures of significant alien characters, c'mon figures of significant alien characters!

19. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Hoping for Zuvio to make his much anticipated return to the pegs.

Darth Smurf and Siphonophore like this.
  20. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Inspector Zuvio. He moved up a bit since we last saw him. We did see him..... didn't we?
    Duh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh Inspector Zuvio..... duh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-NUH-nuuuuuuh.

Dr. Sarco Plank: "I'll get you next time, Zuvio."

chrcharcor2 and Cantina Regular like this.
  21. Guidman

Dec 29, 2016
    Take it with a grain of salt but the rumored date for Force Friday is October 4. Set your camping out schedule accordingly.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
    whostheBossk and chrcharcor2 like this.
  22. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Oh great so now they're forcing me to survive a blizzard to buy Star Wars toys instead of a monsoon like last time! :p

Guidman likes this.
  23. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I can not wait for the next line of BB-8 toys!

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  24. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    A new black series Ren figure with his new mask I'm sure. I hope you can take the mask off.

25. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I wonder how they'll handle the toy release for The Mandalorian. I suspect they'll launch on Force Friday III along with the Episode IX merchandise. I can't wait to get Nolte the Ugnaught Black Series! :p