main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Episode seven figures, and toys

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by newdawn12, Oct 18, 2013.

1. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Also my local Meijer had clearance of $3.99 for the figures! Snagged Stormtroopers, Tie Fighters, Resistance troopers, and Snowtroopers that were in a "special" spot.

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  2. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Whilst on holidays in New Zealand I located the last of the figures I needed, Han & Rey (Resistance). Not sure what else is going to be released in this line.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    I've actually started buying some of TFA 5 POA figures (big surprise, ha ha) even though I said I wasn't going to. I'm not collecting the line in it's entirety, just getting some figures here & there - primarily some aliens & some armored figures.

I did get the Hassk Thug - cool looking alien figure, that definitely reminds me of something that we would have seen in the '80's SW EU; it looks like it could be a long-lost & much smaller cousin to the Gorax from the first Ewok TV movie, Caravan of Courage (1984).

4. Blur

Aug 11, 1999
    Got another TFA Snowspeeder (my 2nd and last) @ Wal-mart - it was on sale for $15 - excellent price for this vehicle, which seems like vehicle from the EU.

Note the $15 sale price wasn't listed; I had to ask them to scan it to confirm the price.

5. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    I snagged the Snowspeeder at my Walmart last night too, also for $15. And it was supposed to be in the film - they had filmed some ground battle scenes but they were cut for time. You can very briefly see the snowspeeder when Finn and Rey enter Precinct 47 of Starkiller Base to let Han and Chewie. It is visible just outside the doorway they come in from the snow on.

Today, I went over to Target and found 6 sets of the Takodana Encounter boxed set. Looks good, but BB-8's head appears to be squished and not quite as hemispherical as it should be.

6. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    New figures are starting to hit Australia. I found these two at Woolworths. The sculpt on Ackbar is brilliant.

[​IMG]

Jedi Knight Fett and Ewok Poet like this.
  7. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    I saw this wave as well one day then....Yareal poof gone. Never scene again. Good thing i picked up Admiral Ackbar and Seventh son. Left Tasu though. Next wave has been non existent thus far only catching the squad leader trooper. Where is Nien Nunb!

8. Blur

Aug 11, 1999
    That TFA Ackbar looks great; definitely getting this & the TFA Nien Numb - if I can find them. I think it was brilliant to have them in TFA looking unchanged - since they are both aliens they don't age like regular humans. And, as such, don't look that any older than they did in ROTJ (30 years prior to TFA).

Jedi Daniel and whostheBossk like this.
  9. Blur

Aug 11, 1999
    Ordered the TFA Nien Nunb from Amazon; it was $11.99 - more than I wanted to pay, but I really wanted the figure.

TFA Admiral Ackbar is over $17 on Amazon, and that's way more than I am willing to pay for a 3.75" figure. That being said, I may end up getting this if I can't find it @ retail soon. If I wait, the price will just go up...

10. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Maybe but ive seen more pop up on Ebay so they are out there. Been exhausted over hunting in stores for Nien Nunb to no avail. He is approaching Commander Cody/Blue Royal guard status as figures that took months to find.

11. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    New rogue One packaging has been revealed. Includes a Rey in her scavenger garb.

12. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Nice, what is link? And are Episode VII figures done?

13. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    whostheBossk likes this.
  14. Blur

Aug 11, 1999
    Cool pic. of Rey Jakku (hooded) - Thanks for posting.

I recently got the TFA Nien Nunb figure from Amazon for $11.99. Amazing sculpt. Definitely one of the best figures in the line. Extremely HTF @ retail.
    Since Rogue Squadron figures will be in stores later this year, I don't know if this figure will be carried forward into future waves.

Also got the Happabore from Amazon. Incredible creature - I like the "Plush toy" aspect, but at the same time this is not a stuffed animal. It's a lot larger than I thought it would be, and probably too big for the 3 3/4" figures (I don't collect the 6" figures). But, I still dig this. Definitely one of the best SW beast toys out there.

Lastly, I got the 12" Hasbro Rey figure - this was fairly inexpensive (though I paid $20 for it on Amazon, and it was $10 @ retail - though I couldn't find it there). This is a good rendition of the character, and IMHO a better likeness than a lot of the other human SW 12" Hasbro figures out there. Though Sideshow/Hot Toys 12" SW figures are obviously superior, I have been priced out of those lines due to the increasing expense of these figures over the years...

15. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Picked up the Falcon for my son for a cool $35 and Black Stormtrooper with speeder bike.

16. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Hey, all, The Hasbro Toy Shop will have the exclusives on sale- AUGUST 9th.

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=18300

When will the Comic Con exclusives be available on the site? Although subject to change, we are planning on having the Convention Exclusives available to order on Tuesday, August 9th.The product will be located in the EXCLUSIVES category. No phone orders will be accepted. All Convention Exclusives are excluded from any promotions and discounts.
    What will the limits be for the figures? The limits will be the same at the show and on the site once they go live. These limits are per person and per household.
    Can I get on a waiting list for Comic Con items? No, HasbroToyShop.com does not have a waiting list for any items including Comic Con items.
    Can I preorder Comic Con items? No. We will not be preselling the Comic Con items.

The Link:
    http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/en/htsusa/exclusives#facet:&productBeginIndex:0&orderBy:&pageView:grid&minPrice:&maxPrice:&pageSize:

No idea when they specifically release. Last year apparently it was 12PM EST/9AM PST so no idea.

whostheBossk likes this.
  17. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    I have purchased this lightsaber many times, from basic (battle ready) to FX Lightsaber. Anakin's Episode III lightsaber, known for a long time as Anakin's Lightsaber first seen in Episode IV: ANH now features Rey wielding it.

[​IMG]

18. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    We have nothing new to report? This must truly be a closing line even though it feels like we got only a few waves. I did go back and get that Task Leech on clearance for $4. Also really happy that I ordered Nien Numb off EBay as I haven't seen him at all. Are there more figures going to be released besides the re-packs with the Rogue One line?

19. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    I believe we've reached the end of the line for the TFA merch. The next Force Friday is 2 weeks away and so that likely means that stores will be looking to get rid of what is left on their shelves. My gut tells me that there won't be quite as much for the Rogue One line than there was for the TFA line.

20. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'd expect the next wave for TFA characters to be next year for the release of ep VIII, unless they do some repacks for Christmas. This year is all Rogue One.

whostheBossk likes this.