main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Episode VII

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by xanatos1975, Aug 1, 2013.

1. xanatos1975

xanatos1975 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2004
  2. Commander APPO

Commander APPO Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 19, 2012
    Hey that sounds good to me, If you relay on CGI how good is a radio story with no stable story line and action (in words) to help you follow the story. Take for instance the radio programs of SW there pretty easy to follow because CGI wasn't in big use "back in the day". (who knows one of these day somebody may be telling a New Hope without any visuals, around a fire or something else.

3. VoxDeamonicus

VoxDeamonicus Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2010
    reminds of the scene in Ring of Fire where they are reenacting Star Wars for the kids.

4. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Okay I'm going to start a rumor...

Peter Mayhew was scheduled to make appearances at the Cincinnati Comic Expo next month and Nashville Wizard World in October but has canceled. From Cinci's FB page he's having double knee replacement surgery done.
    "Unfortunately Peter Mayhew is no longer able to attend this years Cincinnati Comic Expo. His long awaited double knee replacement has been scheduled for the week before our show. Please join us in wishing Mr. Mayhew a speedy recovery, May The Force Be With You sir! ....If you would like to mail Peter a get well card please send them to Galactic Productions c/o Peter Mayhew PO Box 800705 Dallas, TX 75380 or come see him yourself up and walking around at our 2014 show! That right, Peter has already agreed to come to the 2014 show, so save that thought for next year."

So I'm speculating that he's having the surgery now so he can be up walking as Chewie when filming begins.

We'll have to make sure to send him a get well card too :)

5. VoxDeamonicus

VoxDeamonicus Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2010
    Double knee. been there, done that. That's rough. Hope he gets better soon.

6. xanatos1975

Feb 1, 2004
    I'd like to sign that card too Mika :)

7. Lord_Zannah

Lord_Zannah Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    The approach Disney is taking in production is the right one in my book. That means the focus will be more on the acting ability of the stars. Yea.. I like it. Sounds more balanced out.

And yes indeed... please include Appo and I on the card signing. [face_dancing]

8. mindtwister_138

mindtwister_138 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2002
    I would like to sign the card as well.

Also, I agree that this is a positive sign that this is not going to be based solely on CGI, but also the actors themselves. I cannot wait to see how this comes together :)

9. Commander APPO

Oct 19, 2012
    Hey why not send a picture of the club holding a makeshift get well banner with the card.

VoxDeamonicus likes this.
  10. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Good idea. I think the next time we have a group together will be Road Block Day. Do you think you could have one by then? I'll bring a card so those in attendance can sign. All the more reason for everyone to come out for the Road Block and shake some buckets!

VoxDeamonicus likes this.
  11. Commander APPO

Oct 19, 2012
    Yes I'll see what I can come up with by then...

12. xanatos1975

Feb 1, 2004
  13. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  14. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Well, this actually is super common. Arnt was hired before the Disney deal to take GL's scribbles and put them into script form. So Arnt really isn't "out" he just finished his job. Now, we have the great Kasdan on to turn that script into an actual shooting script; and the director, especially one like JJ, has creative control over the script in any movie. So, I'm filing this under "just news."

Same thing happened with Empire. Brackett took GL's ideas and made a script. Kasdan re-wrote it into a shooting script (with some major creative changes too, as some ideas we too complex to film) but GL and Kersher (and Ford) changed the dialogue here and there.

15. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Yeah I'm flipping through Making of ROTJ right now and some of the stuff they came up with in story conferences that never made it into the movie are pretty out there. We won't know what we have until our butts are in the theater seats.

16. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  17. Lord_Zannah

Lord_Zannah Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    Will NEVER miss a SW opening night unless the Force has taken me. =D=

18. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    A winter release?

This deal is getting worse all the time.........

19. xanatos1975

Feb 1, 2004
    ok I have a proposal... I am going to go on record as saying that episode I the Phantom Menace was my favorite Star Wars movie of all time... the reason I say this is because of the moments and events leading up to the actual movie, not for the movie itself. I have been an avid Star Wars fan since day one. My dad took me to see the first movie when I was only 1 1/2 years old (that's when the original film came out). He told me I was glued to the screen for the entire time, and for a 1 year old, that is AMAZING! So when I had heard that the prequel trilogy was in the works, my heart soared!! I was able to catch the feeling I so long was waiting for years after Jedi was over. I was looking at most of the stuff that I could about the filming but I refused to look at anything about the story for the sake of keeping the magic alive. A friend of mine had the novelization, but I refused to even look at the cover lol. Standing in line for the tickets alone was a blast. Myself and a couple of my friends played Star Wars Trivial Pursuit (Original Trivia edition) with the extra episode 1 cards, but we burned them so we would not get any spoilers. The people on both sides of us in the line joined in as well and it was great talking to so many Star Wars fans such as myself. Later on I went to the movies with yet another group of my friends, which included one of my best friends Jim, you all know him as Mindtwister, and a great friend named Scott which has since become one with the force. I have the Episode 1 official souvenir magazine, which i REFUSE to throw away!! because it means so much to me. I saw the movie a total of 16 times in theaters, with all of the people in my life. So because of all the stuff leading up to the movie we all waited so long to have, that is why it means so much to me.

Now I have the chance to have the same experience with my son. Yes it is now owned by Disney and yes it will not be directed by George Lucas. BUT, Empire Strikes Back was not directed by George Lucas, but was directed by Irvin Kershner with George Lucas being an adviser. Well the new Trilogy is being directed by JJ Abrams with George Lucas being an adviser. and I am sorry but I was never really a fan of the original Star Trek except for Star Trek IV. but when JJ Abrams took over, it started a whole new spark in me for interest in the franchise. I am looking forward to the magic it once brought me to bring to my son.

But all of this leads to my point. I seriously hope some of you have seen the documentary called "Star Wait" it chronicles several Star Wars fans sitting in line for tickets for Episode II and what all goes on in their wait, while getting sponsors and earning money for charity (Starlight Starbright Foundation). I am proposing something similar. But for this to work we have to get people from other borads near us involved as well. But instead of the Starlight Foundation I am wanting to possibly use another charity closer to my heart, The Children's Center in Louisville. My son currently goes to the children's center for therapy from his heart condition he was born with and needed surgery for 2 years ago. They are completely amazing. They get funding for the therapy by donations and fundraisers primarily. If there is a child whose parents cannot pay for the therapy they need, the center will try to get what money they can from the insurance they use but do not charge the parents after that, and they do not turn any child away. I thought this would be a terrific time and way to help them and be a great experience for us. I am willing to take my vacation from work a week before tickets go on sale and help out every way I can... anyone else interested??

20. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Never seen Star Wait, I'll have to check that out.

I always like supporting charity but I'm just too old (and like being comfortable too much) to camp out for a week, but I'll certainly sponsor you and support you.

I'm looking forward to making lots of good Ep VII memories with you all and meeting new people too :)

21. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Is this the center?

<edited to remove incorrect links>

22. xanatos1975

Feb 1, 2004
  23. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Ah, thanks! That makes more sense, couldn't figure why your son needed chiropractic work for his heart :). I'm gonna edit that post and take those links out so people don't get confused.

It looks like the Center is having a fundraiser walk in May. I'm off that weekend unless something comes up if you wanted to put together a team. Doesn't have to be Star Wars themed unless you wanted. Or if it's too late to get organized for this year we can always put in on our agenda for 2015.

24. xanatos1975

Feb 1, 2004
  25. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Joined! I'm sure I can scrounge up a costume.

Why don't you start a new event/team thread so we can plan and coordinate any activities :)