main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Episode VIII - THE LAST JEDI - Official Movie Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Karl0413, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Jester J Binks

Jester J Binks Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2016
    It will be called the Galactic Civil War Reenactment

That's the big twist. Started out as a historical reenactment and just kinda turned into the real thing.

[​IMG]

Staring Cartman as Kylo Ren (as Darth Vader)

2. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    The Snokeonic Wars

3. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    I bet the First Order will call it the Reconquista.

Ulicus likes this.
  4. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Yeah, it seems the new films have opened that floodgate. Here we are at only the commercial stage and Snoke just said "light" again.

5. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    But what dose he know?

6. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    For sure. I wasn't really expecting the NU to do anything differently.

Wish they'd keep the term of out of PT era stuff, though. It just feels out of place.

Gamiel likes this.
  7. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    "Nah, he got the upside, I got the downside. See, there's two sides to every Schwartz." - Dark Helmet

Anyway, I'm going to try to avoid this ad (like I said, I am sustaining myself on the two trailers over and over) so that's going to make TV watching for the next month and a half real interesting. Whole lot of diving for the remote and screaming "la la la!! I'm not watching, spoilers!!" Real fun to be around there.

PCCViking likes this.
  8. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    This isn't a big deal, but... does anyone else think the Red background color of Snoke's throneroom to be jarring?

Like, if it was red crystal, or red metallic, or red but carved intricately, I wouldn't mind.

But it looks like a Redscreen (like greenscreen... but red).

It's not a big deal, but it always pops up to me every time I see it in a trailer or TV spot or image.

9. CaptainPeabody

CaptainPeabody Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 15, 2008
    I really, really like the shot of Rey in the rain holding up the lightsaber. Wonderful heroic Knight vibes. If nothing else, this film should be a visual treat.

As for the Light thing...well, "Light" in itself doesn't bother me as much as "Light Side"...and both are okay as long as we don't get actual explicit dualism. Which we probably will, I guess; but I'm as ready as ever to ignore it.

Cynda and Gamiel like this.
  10. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
  11. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Am I the only one that thinks that shot of Rey with the saber in the rain looks similar to Anakin's duel with Ventress in the CW microseries? I mean it's even the same saber.

Probably not intentional but it still looks great regardless.

Dr. Steve Brule likes this.
  12. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Snoke is actually Ventress!

MercenaryAce and AusStig like this.
  13. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Rian Johnson replies to someone on Twitter about why everyone has bling in this film:

In rehearsals Carrie grabbed my arm and told me with great urgency that we needed "space jewelry." I thought that was a fabulous idea. So.

Pretty sure this somehow debunks about 5 Snoke rumors.

14. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    She was right. Tell your director she was right.

15. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    She is the only other character I'm aware of who's addressed as "Supreme Leader", in fact. In one of the early TCW episodes.

Vialco and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  16. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Finn saying "Whoo!" at the Falcon's capabilities seems to be a recurring trend this trilogy.

17. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Was chatting with my Cineplex source and he done said for the 6 PM Fan opening night event, apparently there's trading cards, some freebie popcorn and I believe he said an extra five minutes of .... something. If it pans out, think we'll get a 5 min peek at Solo or something?

But with a full boat of 15 minutes of trailers, 2 hours and 30 minutes of Last Jedi and a possible 5 minutes of "something", that is 2 hours and 50 minutes devoted to Last Jedi. Which I'm okay with, even if the 15 minutes of trailers would be a bit of a pain, but, almost 3 hours with no bathroom breaks I'm already dreading it. Seriously, my liquid intake for that day may be a single bottle of water.

18. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006

Lol when I went to see TFA the first time round, I forgot to go to the toilet before I went in and missed two minutes (the scene where Leia and Han discuss Ben's fall). I made a point afterwards to go before I enter the cinema.

19. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    There's official bathroom break threads for Force Awakens and Rogue One, the consensus seems to be the Maz' castle bits (pre- Rey finding the saber) or the Rathar scene (however I find that dicey because you might miss some awesome Han mugging) and some of the U-Wing scenes in R1 (but you have to be fleet of foot and bladder in the R1 because the one after Galen's death is a bit close to the Vader scene) or Jyn's speech to the Rebel Council.

Definitely make it through first viewing with no bathroom breaks but almost 3 hours is a bit of a toil, even if one goes at the start (at least for me). My 2nd viewing is immediately afterwards and going to go to the bar in between so definitely will have a notion as to when to go for that one.

20. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    I'm gonna have to manage my 6 year old's beverage intake.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Jedi Ben likes this.
  21. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    But Maz's castle was one of the best bits of TFA. I would do it while on Jakko or in the Falcon

22. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Maz's castle only highlighted how dumb Han was bringing BB in undisguised.

They should have had an uncredited Temuera Morrison calling the First Order instead of whoever it was that did it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

23. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Sorry double post

24. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
  25. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    No joke, I've always thought that there's some stuff from the new continuity that seems suspiciously drawn from the Glove of Darth Vader series.

26. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Like the overall level of quality?