main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Episode VIII - THE LAST JEDI - Official Movie Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Karl0413, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Boyega has also said that Finn's role is "more physical" this time around, and his Instagram account shows him getting RIPPED for this movie. So I doubt that Finn's spending all that much time in his coma. And since the main reason for doing a direct continuation is to resolve that cliffhanger ending, there's nothing stopping them from doing a time skip after that (where we catch up with what the other characters, including Finn, are up to). Best of both worlds and all that.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  2. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    I think they should leave the whatevers in there.

Almost sounds like a Kylo journal entry...

Ulicus , cthugha, Revanfan1 and 3 others like this.
  3. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015
  4. DelRiego

DelRiego Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Star Wars: X of the Y

5. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    I'm gonna be pretty fanboy-irritated if we get yet another "of the" title.

6. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    I'm all for THE NEW REPUBLIC STRIKE BACK personally. :D

--Adm. Nick

7. Karl0413

Mar 11, 2015
    BATTLE FOR THE REPUBLIC sounds better.

AusStig and AdmiralNick22 like this.
  8. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Shush, you're reminding me how much I'd have preferred EPISODE VII - THE BATTLE CONTINUES. :p

9. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I......................actually would be okay with that.

10. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    You know, as my editor, that I am prone to typos. :p

--Adm. Nick

CooperTFN likes this.
  11. Karl0413

Mar 11, 2015
  12. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    No surprising. JJ is notorious for being obsessed with secrecy when it comes to his projects. Rian, as far as I know, doesn't have that same reputation.

JediMatteus likes this.
  13. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    I thought it was pretty great going into TFA with out a clue as to what the movie was about.

14. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    So do I, but I think that was a one-off circumstance--we've known way more about VIII from the moment we stepped out of TFA.

15. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    True, all the same I'd rather not have to hide from the Internet for a couple years. :p

16. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    OMG Reddit spoiler thread the week before TFA came out:

"Hey guys I have the Visual Dictionary, all the kids' picture books, and the concept art book."
    "Tell us what Snoke looks like?!?"
    "I dunno. No photos. Some images in concept art book. Not sure which he is, if any of them."
    "arghhhh your spoilers are worthless!"
    "Here have some more pictures of Zuvio."

17. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    There are times when I wonder if Zuvio being cut completely from the film was planned all along just to mess with people.

WMIRTUTSF and DoubleSith like this.
  18. Karl0413

Mar 11, 2015
    Gorefiend, Kylun, Revanfan1 and 2 others like this.
  19. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    For a second there the first thought that came to my mind was "Neo-Naboo", but I guess they're just generic trooper-dudes. The article suggests they have the term "CBPD" on their helmets, but the B, if it's a B, is partly cut off from the ones visible, and I can't see how they came up with the C, even from the dude who's facing the opposite direction.

20. Clone_Cmdr_Wedge

Clone_Cmdr_Wedge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Funny enough, first thing the troops in the top pictures reminded me of were these guys:

[​IMG]

Probably not what they are though. :p

AusStig likes this.
  21. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    If the last two letters are "PD" then my guess is they're cops–if PD stands for police department like it does on earth, anyway.

22. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010

I'd be down with it.

So do you think they are NR troopers or NO occupiers

23. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    The OT had a pretty consistent rule that villains wore black and white and heroes wore earth tones, and the helmet resembles that of an Imperial Navy trooper. On the other hand, a non-military police branch doesn't seem to quite fit with the First Order thus far.

24. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    I would imagine they're the police (if that's what they are) working for a NR planet's dignitaries, who could be those fellows off to the side. Or, a former NR planet that has recently, or close to, siding with the First Order. This could be a plot exploring the aftermath of the First Order's destruction of Hosnian.

I'm taking this out of spoiler tabs because I've gone off on a wild crazy speculation tangent, but we have a significant difference between ANH and TFA here. In ANH, Tarkin destroys Alderaan as a threat to the Rebels/potential Rebels, then dies almost immediately afterward and the Empire acts like a wounded kitten over the ordeal (those Rebel bullies destroyed our toy!). But in TFA not only do they destroy a lot of planets, a lot of valuable war targets, and triggerman Hux is still alive, but Snoke and the First Order are pumping their fists bragging about it. This is WAY more of an effective threat than Tarkin's sideshow with Alderaan. So I imagine the plot of the next movie is going to have to address it in the form of every NR or potential NR/neutral/wavering political entity in complete panic over the ordeal, even if the weapon is gone. What else could the First Order have, if they were able to build that machine with such little manpower?

Valin__Kenobi and darklordoftech like this.
  25. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    I've been pondering this a bit as well. I'm still convinced that the New Republic will exist, but it will fall to the Resistance and our new heroes to rally the Republic against the threat of the FO. I half expect Episode VIII to start off well before the FO licks it's wounds and launches it's galaxy-wide offensive. It would very interesting to see our heroes on a New Republic world scared about the FO or convincing a surviving senator the importance of standing up to them.

--Adm. Nick