main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars OPEN Episode X - The End of Harmony - ~Summer 2020 Best RPG~

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by LordTroepfchen, May 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Matthias Kya
    Corsin City under Siege

Even as he sorted through the massive influx of life that had arrived in-orbit, and the chaos and death that was just now beginning, the grizzled old man sought a fulcrum to make a stand; there was always a pivot, or a chokepoint, or a specific chain of events that he could sense and break. He'd done enough small-time pacification work in the past, after all.

He shook his head at the idea of a military unit taking half an hour to do anything, and the general malaise about the attack. The Second Fleet was a decent chunk of the Republic Navy, sure, every person with an idling interest in the armed forces knew how numbered fleets worked, but the was an overabundance of confidence here on Corsin. There may not have been a war in a century, but the Third Republic had it's own reasons to keep a Navy and Army and really Corsin was too close to the frontier to have this lax an approach.

Matthias fumed to himself as panic ripped through the city as news spread, but it didn't stop him noticing the boy - and the absence walking with him. Marshalling the Force to make himself small and quiet, the bodyguard spread out his focus, trying to subtly penetrate the fog that permeating the area. He sought other Force users in the City, preparing. "Khan - I appreciate this is non-specific, but I sense the dark side at work. The enemy; they have a force on the surface already." He pointed the way. "Death; that way - we need to stop them securing a bridgehead until the artillery is in place."

With his heart and soul, conscious that such an act would be noticed, he shouted into the Force.

Advance force; come - quickly!

TAG: @LordTroepfchen, @DarkLordoftheFins, @The Jedi in the Pumas, @Ktala, @Mintbase, @SirakRomar (Force users on Corsin generally)

Jerjerrod-Lennox likes this.
  2. AgentViper007

AgentViper007 Force Ghost star 7

Mar 9, 2005
    IC: Valerius Vector

Making his way into the desert Valerus wondered what he had wandered into.

His mystery was getting stranger. A religious cult shadowing him, meeting the strange Gatekeeper and then meeting Redmon who seemed to be a mercenary at heart but was willing to take Valerius where he wanted to go, even if he ended up coughing two thousand credits at the end of it. And now he was about to meet this mysterious contact that could start him on his quest to find Tara. He was more used to watching couples from a distance, watching from the shadows or generally keeping as low profile as possible. But here it seemed he needed to be in the spotlight as a member of the Lianna royal family could be in potential danger.

The ride in the glider was hardly smooth even though the desert seemed like it didn't have many bumps in it. Thankfully the glass in the cockpit was tinted so he wasn't blinded whilst piloting. But he could feel the heat coming through from the hot barren desert, Valerius wished he had taken his jacket off whilst he was in here, he could start to feel the sweat pooling at the bottom of his back. However it seemed they were making good progress through the desert.

Redmon pointed out the caravan Valerius had seen was people who traded in the desert and they were harmless. Valerius would believe it when he saw it but they were using the rock formations as cover. The Passa as they were called would hopefully stay out of the way.

Redmon then explained as the desert turned a more yellowish hue that they were entering the Sea of Sorrow, a very apt name for a desert Valerius thought although they were all usually the same. Dry, hot barren and dusty with the odd rock popped in for good measure. A good place to hide or be hidden.
    An outpost eventually popped up within the sea of sand and as Redmon skillfully pulled his glider to a stop Valerius’s parking was not so skillful. He only knew the basics of piloting, his skills were more suited to investigating not throwing himself around on machines. Checking the charge on his blaster and checking also his baton was secure he stepped out into the heat. It hit him like a brick wall, the desert heat was dry and not humid but wearing his suit it was still a little bit sifiling. But he had to keep his cool here.

Which was nearly shattered as a man appeared out of nowhere. He managed not to put his hand anywhere near his blaster but unfortunately couldn't keep a surprised look on his face. He hated being surprised but if this person meant any harm he could have attacked straight off the bat. The person’s cloak would melt him into the desert, perhaps he moved so quietly that no-one could see him coming.

Redmon introduced Valerius as an “off-worldy” which nearly made Valerius snort before the man known as Rulan responded in a strange accent and was just about understandable with the raspy voice. As Rulan asked him what he wanted Valerius was about to respond before Redmon interrupted which got him a stern look from Valerius. How rude.

Rulan however had his gaze focused on Valerius the whole time and Valerius met his gaze again with a no nonsense stare of his own. He was not here to play games, he was here to do a job. “Dead men cannot pay debts. You are not welcome among the hunters. Maybe he is. That depends on his desire and if he is one of those who hunt for fortune or one of those who think they can use the sacred hunt for their advantage.“

Redmon had been put in his place but there was a choice before Valerius. Was one answer more right than the other?. Was there an actual wrong answer? Or were they both right?.

“I do not hunt for fortune” he simply said “I am here to do a job and hopefully find who I am looking for. Money is of no concern to me, it is only the job that counts, to do this job well and find who I seek. To find that person, a woman and bring them back safely. I never take advantage of anybody or anything, I am completely impartial. I investigate, share my findings and let truth and justice do the rest. But in this case a woman has gone missing and I intend to find her. And nobody and nothing will stand in my way to find her”.

Valerius let that sentence hang for a moment “Toba Das is the key to start unlocking my quest, these Hunters saw this woman and then she left. I need to know where she headed off too as she could be in mortal danger. Fortune and glory? Not my style, maybe the woman is the fortune I seek and the sacred hunt is my quest to find her and bring her back” he shrugged “Make of it what you will.”

TAG: @LordTroepfchen

HanSolo29 and Sinrebirth like this.
  3. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
    Karina Bestat
    -Spaceport, Corsin City

Half hour.

The timeline seemed incredulously long. How could a military unit take that long to move? But that wasn't her problem and under her helm, Karina's face remained stoic and focused. She had five members of her squad. They weren't trained for herding civilians; they were a SpecOps squad. Therefore, all the tactics that came to her mind had to be dialed down to consider what they were dealing with. One of the members of her squad, Hawk, was a male that had proven himself capable of leading.

She noted that in her mind before Kya turned to her and spoke to her of sensing the Dark Side.Kya was a Force user...She noted that. But Force-users? That would make sense. A regular military would not attack Corsin if they did not have a trained group... a highly trained group of Force users. Corsin was home to many Jedi knights and masters. No matter the element of surprise, the invasion and group Force of an attacking force would need to compensate for that with either many highly trained Force users or a systemic aerial bombardment campaign...

Her tactical mind had to be halted. That was not her focus now.

If Kya was right, and carried enough clout that the Colonel had seen fit to attach him to her squad, then she had to take in consideration his possible expertise in these matters. She immediately began to direct Hawk.

"Our squad is too small to control the flow into the spaceport. Get onto the comlink channel with the spaceport security. Direct them to send guards and work with Spaceport personnel to began sorting through the available ships and getting the mass that is already inside the spaceport to corresponding evacuating ships. Have your squad pull security at the main gate. Inform the citizens that the military is now in control of the spaceport and that we will get them out of here, but absolute compliance is necessary. Set your weapons to stun, take down anybody who tries to get rowdy. Copy?"

"Copy Khan, move out." Hawk replied as he began to put her orders into action.

Karina turned back to Kya and began moving in the direction he pointed. Her rifle in the low ready position as she moved across across the garden. People were running and screaming everywhere. Understandable and immediately Karina considered her call to Hawk about possibly closing the doors. They would likely need to just to restore order within the spaceport. She began to search the open space for anything or anyone that seemed suspicious. A hooded figure? No, that would be too much like in the holonet action movies.

"I'm going to assume you can handle yourself, Kya. But if we encounter overwhelming force, we will withdraw. No matter what. Clear?"

Tag: @Sinrebirth @LordTroepfchen
    ----
    Akeem'nun'Bestat
    -Jedi Academy, Corsin

Akeem internally scoffed at the idea that the guardian, or even Taruun, would attack him. They might beat him, but the hell that would rain down from his family would be more than they bargained for. But then Taruun talked the guardian into letting Akeem leave with him, and immediately Akeem gathered what was going on. He hustled down the corridor with Taruun before the alarms started blaring.

"Told you." He pointed out before he began to look around. The attack was here. The Force's guidance had been right, but Taruun seemed to be operating as if they would not be staying for the fight.

"You got a plan to get offworld, or do you want me to take it from here?"

Tag: @LordTroepfchen

4. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Janis Callisto
    Spaceport of Corsin

The power of his father was frightening. Effortless he ripped apart the door and killed two trained soldiers. Janis felt the darkness now. He felt the same oppressive feeling of despair he had felt on Elyseum.

There were more soldiers outside. If Janis warned them of his father's presence they would die, too.

"Where are you bringing me?" Janis asked, hoping to distract or slow down Canos, even if only slightly. He looked around, waiting for any chance to escape. Any.
    He felt the force now filling with fear and there were sparks, like flashes. Probably the presences of others. He wished he knew a little more about it. Just enough to ask it what to do.

5. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Sera Romar
    Cantina on Corsin

Vatek had obviously not only talked to them. "Anda? Seriously? What do you wanted to do with the psycho of Anoat?"

Sera heard the alarm and looked at her co-pilot. She gave him a nod, drew her gun and fired on the red armored man in front of them. You could not discuss with Guavians. So she would not try to. She would last her way out of here and get off planet as soon as possible.

There was a scream into the force. An Order. A request. A plea for support. Something like this. They were attacked. The best guarded planet in the galaxy seemed to get attacked. She really wished she had at least got enough training to reply, but the force was a fuzzy area for her.

It did not feel good though.
    They had stumbled into a damned war.

Tag: @Kalio_Dynkos, @LordTroepfchen

6. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Tanee Bolyn
    Jedi Academy, Training Council Room and The Master's Level, High in the Jedi Academy

Even as Saleen was busy disputing why would Canos be here alone, Master Lamia suddenly spoke out. "I cannot locate him, but I sense darkness. A great darkness. Can you locate the boy, Tanee? Can you find Canos?" Tanee nodded. I think I can locate Janis. Canos is ... is impossible to feel within the Force."

Saleen looked around and then turned around. "You must warn the fleet! An attack! They are attacking Corsin!"

That moment the alarms began ringing . . .

Master Lamia spoke then, "Knight Sten, proceed as agreed. I feel you are on to something there and we must solve this riddle. Saleen, Tanee, you come with me. If Canos he is alive, it is time to correct my mistake." Tanee tilted her head slightly. Correct her mistake? Master Lamia continued. "Once and for all!"

As Master Lamia began moving, Tanee looked over to Knight Sten. "Good luck," she told the woman, as Tanee followed Saleen. As she walked she began to focus on Janis, hoping to reach him once again. His signature was so strong within the Force, she was sure she could find him, once she got close enough.

As she walked, Tanee was beginning to feel the panic reached through the Force. Confusion. An all too familiar feelings. Tanee tapped them all down, to focus on only one thing. Janis.

TAG: @Mintbase, @LordTroepfchen

7. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Corsin Ground

Jedi Academy, Training Council Room and Hangar

Master Lamia lead the way with decisive steps and the Academy around them began to prepare for the incoming attack. Lamia took out the comm-link and took it to her mouth. „Master Phash, send a team to the Spaceport and prepare for an impending attack. It is Canos Zoren. He is behind all this.“ Master Phash had no chance to replay, as she killed the line and the doors to them hangar opened and she entered, with Saleen and Tanee in tow. The Equilibrium, her personal shuttle was awaiting them there.

[​IMG]

Tanee had problems concentrating in all the panic, with Jedi Guards around her igniting lightsabers and taking position to defend the academy in the halls. But Janis indeed was still a beacon within the force. He was near the spaceport and he was in fear. Canos could not be far away.

„You will support the troops to defend the spaceport and I will take care of Zoren. He escaped me back then when I considered him dead, it is my responsibility to make sure he is brought to justice for what he did on Elyseum.“ She took the pilot seat. „Where is he, young Tanee? Can you feel them?“ She obviously felt the girl tried. A Master could feel such things.

Saleen snored and took her double bladed lightsaber from her hilt. „You stay with me once we are down there.“ Saleen hissed to Tanee, realizing she still had no lightsaber to properly defend herself.

Tag: @Ktala

Jedi Academy, Second Level near the Quarters

Soa Sten dropped right on a balcony of the second level and saw Master Phash pass with a dozen Jedi to make his way to the main gates. An explosion ripped through the Jedi Academy and through the windows she could see the dropships closing in very fast now. They were screaming deadly intent into the force and more so they were gleaming with the cold burning energy of the Dark Side. That would not be only troops coming with these ships.

On the far side of the corridor she saw Ceto and Akeem enter the turbo lift, but they were too fast for her to stop them. Ceto was a Haruun Kal born Jedi Knight.

„Knight Ceto got the boy, I join my brothers at the gate.“ The guard replied over comm-link.

Tag: @Mintbase

Corsin, Jedi Academy, Near the Quarters

Taruun Cesto turned so quickly Akeem hardly could see it and pushed Akeem to the wall. „Listen, pekka, if your aunt had thought you could handle this yourself, she would not have asked me to blow my cover for you little child. So this will end not too good for me and if you were even half a Bestat you would honor my sacrifice here. Understood?“ Obviously the man assumed a lot of information was available to Akeem that was actually not. Cesto sighed. „We get no clearance and no starting codes to any of the shuttles, but on the seventh level there is a transport we confiscated this morning.“ He looked at Akeem. „We get there and I put you on the transport. Then let us hope that guard down there does not survive the day. Maybe I gotta chance of getting out of it without Master Phash suspecting my involvement.“

Roaring engines passed them as an explosion made the entire temple tremble.

„That was the shield generator.“ Cesto sighed and it was probably thing, or Cesto was feeling something in the force, but Akeem might realize nobody . . . really nobody in the galaxy could identify a shield generator from the sound it exploded.

Letting go of Akeem he stepped into the turbo lift pending it‘s door to their right and it was having a glass wall to the outside. They saw a dozen of the black dropships were circling down to the gardens. Two of them were releasing black hooded figures on the platforms above though. Cesto looked up and sighed. „Get ready, they are not gonna let us leave.“

Tag: @The Jedi in the Pumas

[​IMG]
    The Tion Dropships

Corsin, City

The larger ships entering orbit began to spit out Basilisk droids who dropped into the lower atmosphere and fired their engines the last second. Rockets were fired and the first explosions began to rip apart buildings. The people screamed and the stream of people hurrying to the spaceport became a mass movement. Everybody knew there would not be enough ships. The fear began to spread and fueled the Dark Side.

Five of the Basilisk speeded over the stream of fleeing people towards the position of Kahn and her squadron. They opened fire into the masses.
    [​IMG]
    "Get ready!" Lorn yelled and activated his repeating blaster. Right above them a dropship began hovering down, bringing more soldiers. A group of twenty guards joined Kahn and her squadron from the spaceport. "Awaiting orders!" The officer in charge yelled as his men began ineffectvly fire at the Basilisk. Hawk followed his orders and stayed at the doors, where the people where now entering the spaceport uncontrolled.

Kya felt in the force a hundred responses and the same time saw and explosion to the east. The shield generator of the Jedi Academy. The Jedi were under attack. The one force any normal tactician would try to avoid seemed to be a prime target and a dozen dropships had left the main group and were on their way to the academy.

[​IMG]

Two streets away from the spaceport the Vendisi Plaza became a landing spot with people fleeing into all directions as a dozen dropships and one carrier set down. The AT STOW immediately began firing at the few desperate guards who had the courage to open fire on the arrivals.

Among the landing forces Kilara set down and with her thirty of the legionnaires. The attack had went to plan and the city was putting up little defense so far as hordes of TIE-X began attacking the Garnison. The second wave had arrived and soon their number would grow to ten times the advance force.

Yet there things did probably matter little to Kilara. She felt the force amassed around the spaceport. That is where she would find the Jedi she was here to hunt.

Tag: @Sinrebirth, @The Jedi in the Pumas, @RachelTyrell

Inside the Spaceport

Panic spread and with a wave of his hand Canos parted the crowd blocking their way. People were shocked and looked at him in frantic fear.

"The Jedi must help us!" They shouted and Canos ignored them, unlocking the gates in front of him with another wave be opening the hangar 9, where dozens of ships were waiting.

[​IMG]
    Right in front of them stood also a man with a golden lightsaber ignited.

"He is not Jedi." He just said and the crowd tried to push their way around the two men. "Lay down your weapon and I shall spare you." The Jedi said to Canos.

Janis saw his father smile under the hood and his lightsaber leaped into his hand and his red blade ignited.

"So be it." The Jedi said and charged forward to attack.

Tag: @DarkLordoftheFins

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
    Jerjerrod-Lennox and Ktala like this.
  8. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Trian

Desert

The hermit looked at Valerius and then he gave him a cold smirk.

"Who am I to stop a man on a mission. Get water from your ship. We have to walk." He said and turned to the desert.

Redmon stepped next to his client. "See? Worked." He proclaimed proudly as if it had been his doing.

The Hermit waited for Valerius and then began to walk towards a formation of rocky hills on the far side of the desert. It would be quite a walk.

"The Hunters consider the hunt sacred, but the people you seek have been here. They also desired to speak to the holy hunters. The Guild as they call themselves. They offer their services nowadays for parts and ammunition, but you should not mistake them for mercenaries. They have been here for a long time, longer than us. Treat them with suspect and they might consider you not to a subject of their hunt."

Rulan said no more until they were deep into the desert. Questions he ignored simply.

Only when they approached the rocks and a sharp wind hurled up sand suddenly movement could be detected.

Rulan stopped. "A man desires to speak to the you, sacred hunters. This man has come a long way looking for his friends."

[​IMG]
    The Hunter stepped from the sand cloud on his tall mount.

It was a droid. Also no model Valerius would ever have seen.

Tag: @Jerjerrod-Lennox

9. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Tanee Bolyn
    Corsin Ground, Jedi Academy, Training Council Room and Hangar

Tanee followed closely behind Master Lamia, keeping step with Knight Saleen. Tanee felt something was a bit off, but stayed silent, not really having a hand of exactly what was causing her to feel this way. As they followed Master Lamia, she heard the Master giving orders.

//"Master Phash, send a team to the Spaceport and prepare for an impending attack. It is Canos Zoren. He is behind all this."// She then immediately ended the conversation. It was strange. First, no one seemed to want to believe her. Now, it was totally the opposite.

Tanee had problems concentrating in all the panic, with Jedi Guards around her igniting lightsabers and taking a position to defend the academy in the halls. But she could feel Janis. His presence within the Force was like a beacon. And Tanee knew that he was near the spaceport and he was in fear. Canos could not be far away. Why was Canos so obsessed with Janis?

Master Lamia began to give out orders now. "You will support the troops to defend the spaceport and I will take care of Zoren. He escaped me back then when I considered him dead, it is my responsibility to make sure he is brought to justice for what he did on Elyseum," she informed them as they boarded the Master's private shuttle.

"Where is he, young Tanee? Can you feel them?" Tanee looked in the direction of the Jedi Master. "Janis is near the spaceport Master. Canos is with Janis."

Saleen snored and took her double-bladed lightsaber from her hilt. "You stay with me once we are down there." Saleen hissed to Tanee. Tanee nodded. "Yes, Knight Saleen," she replied. With a swift movement, she grabbed her staff pieces and reconnected them together once more. This was worse than Elyseum. There, it was only a few people. Here, there was so much more to lose. If they didn't stop them, the darkness would only spread.

10. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Janis Callisto
    Spaceport of what soon will be Battleground Corsin

What he really wanted was hard to say at this point. His father was clearly evil and evil in the quite literal way of irredeemable in his destructive ways and dangerous in the impact his philosophy had on the galaxy at large and Janis especially. He had liked Kira Romar, hell he had a crush on the girl and she had been killed by the murderers send by his father. He had liked Master Kran, who had not forced him into the Jedi Order when he could and yet in his wise and fair treatment had made Janis doubt if it was not probably an idea worth considering after all . . . Kran had been killed by murderers send by his father. These other students who had died, they had died by the hand of murderers send by his father.

Yet, he did not wish him to die. Not yet. It felt not as if he had learned and understood what the existence of a powerful force-user being his father meant to Janis. But when the Jedi ignited his yellow blade and came for his father, he hoped he would defeat him, of course. If Canos Zoren survived, what would that mean for the galaxy? Janis stumbled back and wondered if this was the moment. Should he run? Should he run right now?

He decided the answer was yes and he dived into the masses of refugees, moving against the stream and towards the next exit. He would not escape his father in the spaceport and he had no ship to enter now. So the only thing he could do was get out there and hope or pray for any other escape route. Anything wears better than being near his father right now. Anything.

Jerjerrod-Lennox and Ktala like this.
  11. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    "Our squad is too small to control the flow into the spaceport. Get onto the comlink channel with the spaceport security. Direct them to send guards and work with Spaceport personnel to began sorting through the available ships and getting the mass that is already inside the spaceport to corresponding evacuating ships. Have your squad pull security at the main gate. Inform the citizens that the military is now in control of the spaceport and that we will get them out of here, but absolute compliance is necessary. Set your weapons to stun, take down anybody who tries to get rowdy. Copy?" Matthias listened with a half-an-ear, conscious of these details but focused on the intrusion force.

"Copy Khan, move out." Hawk replied as he began to put her orders into action.

Karina turned back to Kya and began moving in the direction he pointed. Her rifle in the low ready position as she moved across across the garden. People were running and screaming everywhere. Understandable and immediately Karina considered her call to Hawk about possibly closing the doors. They would likely need to just to restore order within the spaceport. She began to search the open space for anything or anyone that seemed suspicious. A hooded figure? No, that would be too much like in the holonet action movies.

"I'm going to assume you can handle yourself, Kya. But if we encounter overwhelming force, we will withdraw. No matter what. Clear?"

"Kyber Crystal clear," Matthias replied, focusing. "They're hiding from us in the Force, but -"

Then there was the explosion, and the Jedi shield generator went down, and a hundred other distractions occurred as the Basilisks arrived, with walkers to boot. His blade ignited, he began batting stray bolts but even with twenty more troops, the civilians made it impossible to mount a full charge. He reached out with a hand in the Force to try and hold one of the flying enemies slightly, so the troops could pick them apart with a concentrated volley.

This wasn't what he needed to focus on; the first group was the threat, but there was no way to ignore this. He spoke to Karina, brow furrowed in concentration. "We need to split up, but we're outmatched here; when the cavalry arrives, I'll follow that lead, unless you think you can hold this position without me."

TAG: @The Jedi in the Pumas, @LordTroepfchen

12. Lawbreaker

Lawbreaker Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 21, 2018
    ooc: LordT approved

Sid Antilles
    Aboard the Vigilance, Republic Fleet

They were overrun. It was rather clear the Admiral had no plan to defend the planet, because he had never though there would be an attack.

Sid knew these first moments were the ones that mattered. Perception won battles as much as ships and soldiers did. If the ships commanders understood their potential defeat they would be influenced by it, try to survive. They would not hold position or start a counter-offense. Nobody was even considering attacking these sleek and powerful ships before their reinforcement arrived. Without an attack the enemy would divide them and concentrate on one element after another.

All they could do now was safe as many as possible and then save the fleet.
    Sid stepped to the comm-link and opened a channel.

"Launch all fighters! Regroup and defend the corridor! We must give the civilians a way to escape." He shouted. "Admirals orders." Then he looked at Admiral Farlander. "Sir, we must protect the planet. Bring them into a formation and prepare for their second wave." He did not wait for the Admiral to answer, but turned and opened a comm-frequency to his new squadron. "Sidor Antilles to Green Squadron. I am your new Wing Commander. Looks like we gotta skip the welcome rite and jump into work. Launch and I am gonna be with you in a moment." He ran down the corridor and hoped to grab a helmet somewhere before he jumped into the D-Wing. He would have preferred a classical X-Wing, but he would take what he could get.

Ktala and Jerjerrod-Lennox like this.
  13. AgentViper007

AgentViper007 Force Ghost star 7

Mar 9, 2005
    OOC: A combo with @LordTroepfchen , thank you!:)

IC: Valerius Vector, Rulan, Redmon and The Hunter Droid

It seemed as though Valerius had given some sort of correct answer or as close to it as he could be because Rulan told him to collect water and head with him into the desert. Redmon boasted to him that it had worked which earned him another glare from Valerius.

"We've only just got in" he replied "Save your celebrations for when we leave"

Valerius returned to the glider, picked up the water and followed Rulan, taking his jacket off this time. He would probably end up getting sand everywhere but in this job sometimes you had to get your hands and clothes dirty.

As they trekked Rulan spoke regarding the Hunters, which sounded to him like another religious cult, it seemed this planet was full of them. Basically treat them like criminals and end up getting killed. He would have to be very careful not to offend them in any way and try to handle things with care.

As they were deep into the desert the wind whipped up blowing Valerius's hair into disarray. There was suddenly movement in front of him, this could be one of them he guessed. He put his jacket over his shoulder and relaxed his stance. Rulan spoke and it was confirmed it was one of the Hunters, but it was a droid to his surprise.

"Sacred Hunter" Valerius spoke up with a respectful nod of his head "I have come from a place far away to seek an audience with you. A woman and her bodyguard came through here seeking assistance from yourselves. I wish to speak to Toba Das who was the last person to see her"

"The one called Das is among us and he is protected by our kind. Do you wish to do him any harm, off-worlder?" The Droid turned his mechanical mount and looked from above. A sound from behind made Rulan turn.

"What he means is, are you a Bounty Hunter or an Assassin? A question you will not answer truthfully, but if you are and our guest is your target be assured you will not leave Trian alive. The failure of your predecessors should prove this point." This was another droid cowering on a rock. It was approximately two meters tall if standing (which it did not do), but more agile by design.

[​IMG]

Failure? Had something happened to Tara or her bodyguard? Or had they tried to kill him? If he was under these Hunters protection then he must have done something to gain their trust. Perhaps Toba Das was an off worlder too and had earned the ire of some pretty nasty people if they had sent assassins or bounty hunters here. Which judging by the droid cowering on a rock must have happened at some point recently..

"Truth and justice are my goals. I am a private investigator, deputy to the law. I do not kill, I leave that to the bounty hunters and assassins. I only seek finding this woman whose family is very worried about her. She is a former acquaintance of mine and I do not wish for her to be harmed as she may have gotten herself into a dangerous situation."

He stared at the droid "Toba Das is the key to finding her. Once I speak to him I will leave you in peace. I wish him no ill will or harm, I just need his help"

"Speaker. He has done no harm since he came here."Rulan said and nodded.

The Speaker nodded slowly. "Tobas Das is in our sanctuary and only Hunters are allowed to enter. You can speak with him, once you complete a hunt." The Speaker said and Rulan smiled.

"You said nothing's gonna stop you. Time to prove you spoke the truth." Rulan said with his raspy voice.

"Do you have a worthy weapon?" The Speaker asked. "One that an initiate is worthy of?"

Valerius had never planned for this. Joining a hunt? Possibly becoming part of a religious cult?. Even God forbid killing someone? He was supposed to be here to see where Tara had gone, not participate in some ritual hunt.

He inwardly sighed, well if it meant he got admission to see Toba Das, so be it. He had two weapons to choose from, the baton or the blaster. Perhaps they would be more impressed with his physical skill than his shooting skills.

He unslung his jacket from his shoulder and removed his baton from the sheath inside. " I have two weapons I carry" he raised the baton, then pointed at the blaster "I'm sure either would impress you, but it depends on what I must do for this hunt as to what weapon would be best suited for it".

"The blaster is not allowed to those uninitiated. The melee weapon you will take." The Droid now crawled from the stone and stretched it's slim alien body up.

"There is a small valley to the south of the hills. There you find your prey or it finds you. Succeed and I will take you to that precious organic."

Valerius removed the blaster and holster from his left hip and tossed it to Redmon. "Look after this for me please, hopefully I shall return to claim it back".

He sheathed the baton back into his jacket, he wouldn't need it until he faced whatever was in that valley. A beast? Another human or alien? It sounded like from the way the droid had said "prey" that he was going to have to kill someone or something. And it made his heart sank a little. He watched the droid that had been cowering stretch itself. He wondered now if one of them would be sent to watch him undertake his hunt.

He gave a nod of respect to the Hunter droid "The hunt will be done".

Valerius hoped he would even last the day now...

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  14. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    ooc: Had the feeling this one belongs here!

15. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    Akeem'nun'Bestat
    -Jedi Academy, Corsin

Brushing off Taruun's shove, Akeem refrained from shoving the man back. It seemed like Taruun was acting under orders from the realm protector, which meant that it was in Akeem's best interest to follow the man's orders and hope they would not get either of them killed. For a moment, he gave thanks to his aunt; he also was quietly impressed by the fact that she had infiltrated the Jedi with a Haruun Kal agent. This is what made her so capable as a warlord and protector. These were the skills that he would need to take note of if he ever hoped to reach her level one day.

He hurried onto the turbolift after Taruun and watched as more than a few black dropships circled the gardens and some even dropped off troops on the higher levels. He began to think of how brave an enemy would have to be to not avoid the Jedi Academy, but to attack it directly. Admirable. All the deaths that would result from the fall of the Jedi Academy began to wash over Akeem's mind. It would be several thousands and probably many hundreds of thousands as the planet would have no protection should the Third Republic withdraw its ships. Attack with overwhelming force...a simple, but effective tactic. If he had to stay and fight, Akeem could not think of a reality in which he would survive. The only thing that gave him an iota of a chance of surviving was the fact that he knew that he had to leave before everyone else on the world knew.

He would see how much that mattered.

"Get ready, they are not gonna let us leave.“ Taruun sighed as he looked at the hooded figures. The sigh was a mix of worry and fear.

Akeem pulled the lightsaber from his belt and his shortsword from its scabbard, twirling it into a ready position. It was then that his mind began to sink again. It wasn't anger, it was hunger. His appetite for combat was bubbling to the surface and his breathing grew deep and guttural. The power of the Force bled into him through his lust and aggression. Once again, his enemies stood in his way, but this time they stood in the way of him going to protect his mother and her kingdom. His brother and his aunt. He, the heir protector, would bring ruin to anyone who stood in the way.

He looked blankly at another turbolift below them; It was being boarded by the Jedi Soa Sten.

"I wouldn't have it any other way."

Tag: @Mintbase @LordTroepfchen

------
    Karina Bestat
    -City, Corsin

"Hawk, close the doors." She made the decision quickly and without emotion. She was not trained to rescue or herd civilians and allowing more of them in would mean possibly losing the spaceport and the lives of those already inside the spaceport. Hawk and the rest of the squad would be overloaded by the civilians which would impact their mission capability. The lives lost outside the spaceport would be the price to holding the spaceport and getting the people already inside off the planet.

As slim as those chances seemed now.

Her mind moved on.

The five speeders coming from across the river were the next immediate threat and she raised her blaster rifle, peering through the scope. She found one of the pilots with her green dot and breathed in. As she exhaled, her finger massaged the trigger until a blaster bolt sized hole appeared in the pilots chest and his speeder veered off into the lake.

"Hawk..." She refocused on another speeder and began the process again. A miss. But the second and third shot pierced the front of the speeders and caused an explosion in her scope. "Once the gates are closed, we need to move to the upper levels. We have enemy troops on speeders crossing the river and we will likely need to provide covering fire for the ships attempting to leave orbit."

Kya suggested they split up; no doubt this was related to the mention of the dark side presence he had sensed earlier. She did not understand the ways of the Force, but she had to suspect that stopping the dark presence could only positively affect their mission outlook. Not to mention that Kya, with his lightsaber, was more suited for close combat. They could regroup later, assuming they survived until the 114th arrived.

"Go." She gave him her comlink channel. "Keep me updated and stay in contact."

She continued to fire on the speeders coming towards the spaceport and directed her orders to the spaceport guards.

"I need a route to the rooftops secured. What defenses does the spaceport have?"

Tag: @LordTroepfchen @Sinrebirth

16. RachelTyrell

RachelTyrell Jedi Master star 3

Feb 15, 2009
    Kilara Vasetti
    Plaza on Corsin

Death was present everywhere now. The attack plan was executed to the latter. The Grand Admiral would be happy. For Kilara the loss of life was oppressive as it spread over the planet. She had never been in a war and she had come to the realization that the war was probably necessary to achieve the vision of their Master, but for her it was a necessary evil.

Evil.

An interesting word.

This was nothing else but evil. She had considered the Dark aside to be philosophical choice, an alternative to the aged Jedi believes. Now it showed it's hungry and violent face and Kilara knew she was part of this destruction.

She would bring the planet death.

"I feel Jedi at the Spaceport." She said and they were glowing like a beacon innige darkness now. One was among them who burned brighter than the others. Raw and untrained power set on fire by the anxiety. A force user of that potential explained why her Master had come here personally. Of course de felt him, too. Canos was here. The Jedi had probably no idea what they were facing.

"Move to their position and kill all Jedi. We need to thin their ranks before reinforcement arrives." She wondered if she meant her own or theirs. Rauda Paz would not leave the Jedi to the legionaries. Kilara knew she was hungry for her prey. "Leave the soldiers to our troops. We have more than enough of those."

Ignoring her own red blade she warched her men move and took another route. She would not partake in the offense. After all Kilara was an assassin and as such she preferred to strike from the shadows. She jumped up the next nearby building and began to make her way to the spaceport by leaping from roof to roof, hiding her presence in the force as well as she could.

Far away the attack on the temple began under the leadership of the Reaper. Secretly she hoped the man would fall. His ambition and absolute devotion scared her. If he succeeded he might replace her very soon, if not in rank then in status and standing with Paz.

Tag: @LordTroepfchen, others

17. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Orbit of Corsin

The second wave appeared just as the first was engaging with the Command Group of the 2nd fleet. The approaching Armada followed the battle plan with the same precision the first wave had. It contained several siege platforms ships and carriers who now began spitting out the main body of the army and thousands of TIE-X to guard them.

Over fifty of the Republic's ships had been lost in the initial attack and another fifty were damaged badly. But the now divided fleet regained their ability to coordinate to a certain extend and both groups moved into a close formation as the squadrons of enemy fighters began swarming around them, targeting their batteries and hangars. They knew their enemy well, but now faced opposition as hundreds of fighters left the hangars and began running counter attacks thanks to Sidor Antilles brave usurping of the command structure.

Tag: @Sinrebirth, @Mintbase, @DarkLordoftheFins, @SirakRomar, @Lawbreaker (especially), @The Jedi in the Pumas, @Kalio_Dynkos, @Ktala

Corsin Ground

Jedi Academy, Second Level near the Quarters

Soa Sten waited for the turbo-lift to arrive as the halls to her left were shaken by an explosion and seconds afterwards igniting lightsabers could be heard as the enemy entered the Academy.

When he turbo-lift finally arrived th embattled had already begun.

She quickly made her way up, but also on the platform she could see the red lightsabers of attackers. They attacked the gates, the quarters and the platforms. Every escape way was cut off. It were many. Hundreds probably.

Corsin, Jedi Academy, Near the Quarters

Taruun Cesto waved almost violently with his arm as they left the turbo lift and the large metal gates right in front of them opened. There it was, the platform and the ship. But it was too late to escape easily.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Five hooded figures had landed on the platform and two Jedi guards ignited their golden lightsabers to defend the Temple. The hooded figures simultaneously opened the cloaks ands they sliced away from the wind. They all looked pretty identical as they ignited their red blades.

The Legion was here now. Cesto ignited his green blade and brought it up. „Prepare yourself.“ He hissed to the boy. „Looks like you get the fight you longed for.“

[​IMG]
    The attackers began charging right away. Two attacked the Guard and the other three passed them coming straight for Akeem and Cesto. The Jedi leaped forward and his blade crashed into the defense of one of the attackers. Quickly Cesto turned to keep a second one from passing with a strike and dodged another swing from his first attacker, now fighting two of the black armored lightsaber wielders. The Third came through though and his lightsaber hissed as he began an attack on Akeem that could only be called furious. Their anger made these men indeed powerful. It gave them a strength and speed no normal soldier would ever know.

The attacks were precise and concentrated though. The man used his anger, but did not let it control him. He knew what he was doing.

Spaceport, Corsin, City

Master Lamia accelerated her ship out of the hangar when the gates were barely open and quickly maneuvered through the squadron of approaching gunships. Two shots hit their shields, but were ignored by the Jedi Master.

Saleen turned to Tanee and put her hairy arm on her shoulder. „Calm yourself, feel the force. It will guide you through this. Master Lamia will find the enemy, we must find the boy and protect as many innocent as possible. We are Jedi, we cannot let darkness take this planet.“ She snored.

Thespis was incredibly fast and moved with nimblemaneuvers through the towers of the city. Alarms of enemy crafts were beeping and from the sound of it, those would be many.

Once they were above the troops outside the Spaceport Lamia lowered the ship and opened the ramp above a flat building nearby. Saleen lead Tanee out and they leaped down a few meters, their fall dampened by the force. Immediately the noise of the war filled Tanee‘s perception. Screaming refugees, fighting their way to the spaceport where everywhere. Orders ands shots were heard below, The force was singing with presences of force users. Amidst this melody the cruel cacophony of the Dark Side was approaching.

Tanee felt something else though. It was Janis. He was running. He was trying to escape the spaceport and then there was another presence, all too familiar. It glimmered for a second into the force, dark, powerful and majestic. Canos. He was
    indeed here.

Kahn and Lorn fired at the approaching Basilisk mounts and one was hit and hurled out of control into a nearby building.

Hawk meanwhile followed the orders and the gates closed as the rest of the squad began to enter a nearby building to secure the roof. The same roof now two Jedi had been deployed at.

But one the edge of the people an army of black armored soldiers appeared now and the charge was less by three Legionaires with their three red lichtblades looking exactly like the ones who attacked the academy.

Kilara had sidelined the battle and saw the sleek ship of Master Lamia releasing to Jedi and a third in a strange red armor was standing between the soldiers. Shuttles from the Garnison were approaching from the north now. The battle was about to begin.

Tag: @Ktala, @Sinrebirth, @The Jedi in the Pumas, @RachelTyrell

Inside the Spaceport

The Jedi charged and attacked Canos Zoren with a furious series of attacks. The hooded Canos defenders himself with ease, his blade whirling through the air and seemingly always knowing where the enemy would strike, before he could do so. Then a wide slash from the Jedi in the grey robe was dodged by Canos and he brought his lightsaber up and sliced right through the Jedi. A smile appeared on his face. He reached out with the force and held the body of the man together for another moment.

„What is your name, Jedi?“ He asked as he stepped to him, ignoring the panic of people running away from them. „Kal Saul.“ The Jedi said and Canos smiled. The Jedi tried to act, but his body collapsed in two pieces to the ground.

„You were my first, Kal Saul.“ Canos said and then he realized Janis was gone. Looking up he felt his son running. With a wave of his hand he parted the refugees and began moving after him.

Janis indeed made it to the southern hall, where an exit was, bout it was blocked by hundreds of people entering. Above there was a gangway where Republic soldiers looked down at the masses. There was a second exit.

Corsin, The Stardust Cantina

Sera hit the Guavian and the man was thrown back, but his armor seemed to have absorbed the worst and front he ground he raised half and fired a salvo of shots at Vatek and the crew of the Nightflyer. Sera provided cover as Jeorge grabbed Vatek like a price and made his way to the second exit.

Tag: @SirakRomar, @Kalio_Dynkos

Orbit

Above Corsin, Aboard the MC-120 Cruiser Vigilance , Hangar

A technician handed Sid Antilles a helmet and waved to another one as Sodnentered the giant hangar of the Mon Calamari flagship. A squadron of X-Wings Mark V left the hangar and the D-Wings of Green Squadron were firing the engines to next.

The moment Sid sat down in the small cockpit of the fighter he received readiness reports from all fighters.

"Green Two to Green Leader, we are ready to launch."
    His wingman who from the voice was not human reported to his very fresh squadron leader.

[​IMG]
    Tag: @Lawbreaker

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
    Mintbase and Jerjerrod-Lennox like this.
  18. Mintbase

Mintbase Jedi Knight

May 21, 2020
    Soa Sten
    The Jedi Academy

This was not a group of darksiders with a military arm, this was an army lead by a Dark Side Master. They were covering all exits, containing the Jedi as if they were the harmless prey of some bounty hunter. The platforms were the obvious means to escape and she saw Master Lamia‘s ship explode from the private hangar and pass the platforms, that were now under attack. Lightsaber sounds came from the room next door. Soa took the elevator and pressed the button up, staying focused on the only lead she had to the entire situation. Akeem.

The doors slided open and she saw immediately the two dead Jedi Guards on the ground. Bringing her lightsaber up she ducked as the golden blade hissed above her and she leaped out of the elevator, coming to her feet. The dark warrior in front of her was not one of their ordinary foot soldiers. This was someone who had a meaning, a deeper purpose and a hunger that reflected it.

[​IMG]

His blade hurled into a reverse grip and before Soa could even think about opening the door to follow Akeem the enemy attacked. She stepped back quickly, bringing her lightsaber up for defense. With quick moves she defended several strikes, before leaping back and checking her back as the enemy missed her. Somewhere behind her she heard battle sounds and explosions rumbled through the Jedi Academy. A lightsaber was hissing somewhere down the corridor, where the visitor lounge was. She had no time to reach out to who this was. Instead she turned back to the attacker.

„We don‘t have to do this.“ She said, in one desperate attempt to tame him, but the man was not to be calmed or even talked to. He turned and attacked with a backwards stab, before unleashing several powerful slashes she all parried, but with a growing effort to do so. Soa understood this was not an angry killer, but a controlled effective killing machine trained to fight Jedi. She knew if she remained in the defense, she would not lasst long. She hurled her lightsaber around a few times and when he retreated one step she attacked. With quick strikes from both sides it was her now driving him back. The black armored man held his ground admirably, but Soa was fast and he had not expected this. Pushing him a few steps back Soa extended her hand and a wave in the force send him toppling back just enough for her to reach out with her hand and use her telekinesis to activate the blast door. It shut immediately, cutting the attacker off. Catching breath she turned to the door behind which she felt Akeem and Cesto and opened it with another wave of her hand. They had to escape. The boy would not survive long in such an environment and neither would she.

19. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Janis Calisto
    The Spaceport

He ran like he had never run in his life. The sound of lightsabers meeting and people screaming filled the spaceport. He had to get away from Canos as far as possible, before the Jedi fell. Because the Jedi would fall. Tanee had called him a dark power. A single Jedi would not stop him. None at the academy had. Janis had to use the momentum.

He reached the southern hall, where people where floating into the spaceport as someone closed the doors. The exit was blocked. He looked around in frantic fear of being locked in here with his father. There was a second exit, above where soldiers guarded the crowd from a gangway. He fought through the masses to the stairs and leaped up the stairs. Up there he raised his hands in a defensive gesture.

„I only want out! Everyone else wants in, but I want out. I make room!“ He pointed to the exit. „Please, let me go.“

Ktala and Jerjerrod-Lennox like this.
  20. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Sera Romar
    Cantina on Corsin

Sera ripped a table down and took cover behind it. "Jeo, you take Vatek to the ship and pick me up. I will take care of those guys and get a handle on the situation out there. Looks like something crazy is coming our way." She waited for her First Mate to move and then got out of her cover and fired three shots on the red armored merc who blocked the front entrance. When she was sie ehe was gone she would move to the exit and pick up the man's rifle. Panic was spreading. She saw it and in a way she felt it also. A powerful panic that would hilpefully allow her to vanish in the crowd.

Someone had asked for help at the spaceport and that meant the space port was under attack. It meant they would not escape so easy. That was not Jeo's and Vatek's problem. She wanted to get a good look at the attackers and find out what the hell was going on.

History was written here, just not the kind of history you wanted to be part of.

Tag: @Kalio_Dynkos, @LordTroepfchen

21. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    Combined post with the big guy!

Akeem'nun'Bestat
    -Jedi Academy, Corsin

Euphoria? No... It was not quite euphoric.

Glee? No...nothing so light as glee.

The feeling that Akeem felt as his blue blade met the soldier's red blade would more accurately be described as...ecstatic, exhilarated zeal. The beast he had been told to hold back inside...to keep restrained...was scratching at the gates and this soldier would be receiving the unleashing of twisted purpose pulsating through Akeem.

He could feel his opponent's anger in every strike. But it would not overtake his wrath.

He could feel his opponent's hunger. But it paled in comparison to the insatiable appetite for combat and blood that the young Korunnai possessed.

All his training: the combat arts his days with the royal guard, his swordsmanship tutelage by the bladesmen of the guard, and the lessons he received on Elyseum all came pooling forward. And he met every furious strike with furious strikes of his own. This was no sparring session. His opponent aimed to kill him, and Akeem longed...desired...lusted for the blood of his enemy. His opponent was powered by the dark side of the Force, but Akeem was being fueled one whatever side of the Force would match his will.

Domination.

His assailant was stronger and his attacks precise. But Akeem utilized the same style he used against ProXE on Elyseum. He moved, in circles, spinning to the sides of his opponent's strikes. They became a whirlwind of blue and red lightsabers strikes. The assailant stepped back, not in surprise to find that Akeem had not been the easy prey he thought, but to ready a devastating downward strike. It was faster than any of his strikes before. Akeem knew he couldn't dodge it.

He released his shortsword at the last minute, raised his lightsaber with both hands to try to block the attack, and roared at his opponent. Not merely to empower his block, that was secondary. The primary attack was him using the Force to impale his shortsword into the chest of his opponent. Deep. Forceful. With no regard.

Akeem wanted him to feel. To know. That for the apprentices that had died on Elyseum, this death would only be the first in his vendetta.

Yet, the short sword missed him. Deflected by the attacker who brought the lightsaber down with full Force. He had not fallen for the trap, though. With the force he pulled the short sword aside, just changing the direction and not the foremost the attack. It impaled one of the Jedi guards and the Legionaire quickly beheaded him.

All his anger was met in the force, by a hatred for the Jedi so profound it had become the man himself. This Warrior and probably every one of his colleagues had been dwelling in their hate for this day for longer than Akeem even existed. They had become a living embodiment of it. If his anger made Akeem powerful, one had to wonder what decades of it had done to them.

With a kick the warrior send Akeem reeling back and stood over him, giving the Korunnai a moment to face what he was fighting. This was not an individual anymore. It was part of something.

Akeem understood now. This force was different...they were unified and together for one purpose. Yet, united or divided, it mattered little to him. In front of him stood a target to be killed, and he would always act accordingly.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
  22. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Senator Aryan Graul
    Terrace of the Chancellor’s Tower, Republica, Chandrila

While he had expected this, Aryan found that it wasn’t any easier to endure the heartfelt sentiments of his colleagues. Or in more accurate terms, it was an endless barrage of deflating anecdotes and often forced commiseration. Now that Deon had left his side, he suspected that they only wanted to get close enough to observe the chinks in his armor; to determine just how badly his grief had damaged him so that they could leverage it to their own means. He knew it was probably a cynical way to view the situation, but he didn’t seem to care. It made him angry all the same. And in some ways, it even helped to ease the pain.

That was why he wasn’t going to give them any satisfaction by revealing how he truly felt. Graul kept his expression an impassive mask as he held out his hand and greeted each well-wisher in turn, a wan smile forever present on his features.

This process continued over and over...until one singular voice broke through the drivel to draw his attention. “There is always a truth hidden in loss, Senator.”

Pressing his lips into a thin line, Aryan sidestepped from his current guest and honed in on the elusive voice. A tall woman dressed in a blue Navy uniform was standing nearby, her auburn hair arranged perfectly atop her head in a military-style. He narrowed his eyes at her appearance, idly wondering about her intentions before he ultimately inclined his chin, silently inviting her to continue. There was something strangely alluring about her...

“Your son must not have died in vain. There is a time when we should probably talk about what purpose the mindless murder of a young Jedi can serve.” Her chestnut eyes bore into his, almost as if she could peer into his very soul. “Or who is responsible for his death.”

Aryan then followed her gaze toward the fringes of the terrace to where the Jedi had gathered to oversee the proceedings. He immediately felt his right-hand clench into a fist at his side, that familiar wave of resentment building up inside of him for how they had failed his son. It was as if this woman could empathize with his experience, her words holding a certain conviction that he simply could not ignore. She was the first to actually admit to the Jedi’s sins. It was something that not even Deon could bring himself to do.

“I have to confess,” Aryan began mildly, his voice dipping low so that their conversation could not be overheard by the others, “I am at my wit’s end with this evening’s festivities. There is only so much overblown rhetoric one can take before they lose their mind.” He offered the woman a wry grin. “Perhaps I can make an arrangement to step out early, if that would satisfy your needs. I would very much like to discuss this further...?

Graul trailed off and raised his brow expectantly, hoping that she would provide him with a name.

TAG: @LordTroepfchen; @Kalio_Dynkos; @Iteration

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
  23. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Matthias Kya
    Corsin, divided

His lightsaber flowing to deflect stray bolts, Matthias felt his division. He could stay, and support the defenders until the reinforcements arrived, or rush after the dark presence he had felt. None of the other Force users on Corsin had responded to him; they must have all been as busy as he. Did that make his pursuit of the advance team even more essential?

At the cost of the lives here, and now, that he was abandoning.

Running through the streets, Matthias came to a halt and cursed.

He reached out one last time, trying to connect through the panic and despair and sheer bloodlust filling the Force, Matthias tried to find the enemy landing team. If he succeeded, he would follow the darkness and put an end to it. If he failed, he would turn back, and protect the defenders he had inevitably doomed to an early grave - especially without his help.

24. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Corsin

Corsin Ground

Jedi Academy, Seventh Level, Corridor to the platforms

Soa Sten had cut herself off the Reaper, also she did not know he was called this. But she had also cut herself off the direct entrance to the platform Cesto and Akeem had gone to.

A golden blade was pushed into the blast door and began melting away the closing mechanism. The only way she had left now was going to the neighboring platform and jump over to Akeem. But as the doors opened three of the Legionnaires stood right in front of her over the dead bodies of two young Jedi Padawans who had just climbed out of their training fighters when the attack had happened. They turned to her and she felt the satisfied rage over finding a new target flow through the man, before they rotated their blades into a fighting stance and approached her.

Corsin, Jedi Academy, Platform VII

The Legionnaire who had fought the fallen Jedi Guard turned immediately to the still standing Guard fighting with his comrade and reached out with his hand, dragging him towards him. The Guard had the upper hand against the enemy, but the attack from behind took him by surprise and he was impaled by him. They both turned to their remaining two enemies, now outnumbering Taruun Cesto and Akeem five to two.

Taruun held himself up against both attackers for now, but was not able to land any effective blow. They circled him, bringing him under an increasing pressure with coordinated attacks. He dodged their blades, blocked them if he had to. Then he extended his hand and send one of them back with a release of force energy. The man withstood the push admirably, but was pushed to the edge of the platform. Taruun used this momentum, dodged the second Legionnaires attack and cut upwards, severing his free hand right under the elbow and kicked the man to the ground. He looked over to Akeem and saw the boy was covered in attacks by his enemy. The Legionnaire was feeding on the boys anger. A true Dark Side technique.

„Back to back!“ Taruun shouted and stripped toward Akeem. They faced five enemies now. Even the one whose arm had been cut off came back to his feet, as if it was a minor wound only. Patiently the five dark warriors build a circle around them. Taruun called one of the guards lightsaber to his hand and ignited the golden blade.

Taruun Cesto knew they were outnumbered, but they also had no way to escape.

„The boy is no Jedi!“ He yelled out, but it seemed not too influence the five‘s decision he had to die.

Spaceport, Corsin, City

The soldiers kept on firing, as Kya stood in the middle of the street deflecting blaster bolts of the Basilisk. It gave the people a confidence that was priceless to see a Jedi ... even if a strange one ... oppose enemy on their behalf.

But Kya could hardly enjoy the short breath he could take between the Basilisk who now roared past him and the next wave, as he felt the force scream at him. His hands raised automatically, as a crimson lighblade crushed down on him. The legionnaire had jumped over a building and brought down the blade with a power that would have overwhelmed most enemies. He remained in that position for one long moment and then began a series of quick stabs and slices with a speed no enemy could defend from if the force was not his ally.

Tag: @Sinrebirth

Inside the Spaceport

The soldiers raised their guns immediately as the boy approached them. „Go back, immediately. Valen, secure the damned stairs.“ Their commander yelled. It were his last words as his gun was ripped of his hand. The same happened to his three soldiers, before they all grabbed their throat and were raised two meters from the ground.

Canos had divided the masses by one gesture of his hand and now stood down there in the southern hall, looking up at his son. The gangway itself began to tremble, as he began to rip it from the wall with the force. Janis had only seconds to get to that exit.

Corsin, The Stardust Cantina and outside

She killed the red armored mercenary probably with the first shot and charged out grabbing his gun.

Outside people were running into different directions. Some seemed to run to the Jedi temple and some away from it. Most made it to the spaceport, but there were screams. "They closed the gates! They closed the gates!"

The Jedi temple was burning. A pillar of smoke was a testament it was under attack.

Tag: @SirakRomar, @Kalio_Dynkos

25. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Chandrila

Republica, Terrace of the Chancellors Tower

Caardas was still waiting in the long line when the Navy woman took Aryan Graul's full attention.

"Oh well, your son died recently and I saw some nasty comments in the holo-forum really. I am Navy Intelligence. Maybe I need to make a standard security check on you. Which we cannot do here, could we?" She held her hand up to signal the Senators this was official. "Maybe the lower balconies?" She asked and smiled. Escorting Aryan from the reception she had this aura of authority remarkable for her age. Had the young Admiral the same, he might not have been questioned by so many.

Once they arrived on the lower balcony she pulled her uniform back into position. "Your son died not because he was fighting for something. He died because he was with the Jedi and the Jedi did not enough to protect him." She turned around to Aryan Graul. "Any moment now we will receive a message that a massive fleet under the command of Tion has attacked Corsin. We will go to war, a war we are truly not prepared for. This war is also happening because of the Jedi." She folded her hands. "How many more sons have to die to protect a religious order?" The woman who still had not given away her name looked at Aryan Graul. "We need someone to end this madness. Someone strong and decisive. Does that sound to you like the current Chancellor?"

Tag: @Iteration (execute PM), especially HanSolo29, @Kalio_Dyncos

HanSolo29 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.