main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA Episodes IV, V, VI, discussion...

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by TGaines1, Jan 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TGaines1

TGaines1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 2, 2007
    Starting the topic of discussion with name your favorite aircraft and why...

For me, it's always been the X- Wing. I mean look at this thing. 4 laser canons a pair of torpedos and deflector shields make this a battlewagon! Throw in an astromech and hyperdrive and she's a racehorse with four engines and light speed! Incom rocks!

2. James3

James3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2006
    The X-Wing is AWESOME!!!

Sounds crazy I know but my fave is the standard Imperial Star Destroyer. Just like the first one we see chasing Leias ship in the intro. There is just something cool about a big ole triangle full of blasters, torps, and everything else to lay down some serious bidness.

3. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Yes, yes. Who can forget such an epic moment in time. I always loved military history, even as a kid and I remember thinking of that think as a giant space battleship. Who would've thought though that there was an even bigger SUPER star destroyer just over the horizon. The SUPER is immense, almost unfathomable in it's operation.

4. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    No kidding! When that bad boy hit the screen I was like wha? and then whoa! and then WOW!

Looking back through the movies, I must admit a bit a love for the classic ships. I do like how the PT had all the touches of the OT ships in their designs to give a bit of evolution.

Is it just me or does the Tie-Fighter just have the look of a zippy little bullseye for an X-wing though.

5. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Indeed. Makes a nice target for pilots of the rebellion! Being that they have no shields, it takes a pilot with ironnerve to fly a Tie Fighter though. So I'll give it props. It's pretty fast though. I remember in Empire, those Ties kept up with the Millenium Falcon quite well as it travelled into that asteroid field. That says something, We all know the Falcon pilot was top notch but those little Ties held their own. Just think, if there had been more Ties or better pilots in them, the results may have been a bit different.

6. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    No hyperdrive, no shields, no climate controls, just a wicked fast engine and a pair of high end lasers. Strap in a pilot with a pair and watch out.

The Xwing was just so dang much cooler though. My brothers still have my original Kenner X-wing. Good stuff.

7. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    I tell ya one ship i thought was ugly and that was the A-Wing. Does anybody like that? I mean seriously, a little wedge is all you get. Looks like a doorstop more so than a Class A fighter!

8. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    I thought the A-wing was kinda sporty. Like the corvette of space. I like to think it was made for speed more then anything.

I think the old Snowspeeder was cool too. Don't ask me why, it just has that I want one factor for me. Maybe it is that cool harpoon gun on the back.

Another ship I liked is the Y-Wing. To me that was the AC130 of Star Wars.

As for ugly, the B-Wing hands down gets first place. Most of the time I couldn't tell what was what on the thing.

9. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Whats up with Yoda? Anybody know where I can get some good backstory on this guy. As one of the greatest Jedi Masters, I was interested to read a little more about his history. Unfortunately, I dont see anything in print I can checkout at the library. Spent about 30 minutes looking for stuff online and couldnt find anything good. This guy was around for some 900 years or something, surely theres more to him than what we've seen?

10. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    No kidding! There could be unlimited books and movies off the little guy but nothing that I know of has ever been put out. Every now and then there may be some obscure reference in a novel but that is about it.

11. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Poor Luke! That guy really got the shaft! Farm boy living in the desert and his sister is off getting the royal treatment. Becoming involved in politics and making a name for herself.
    They dont even really look like they coulda been the same age yet we know they're twins!

12. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    That's how it goes though I reckon. I love how GL had to go back and make a reason for everything.

13. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Right about now, I wish I had a Bantha blanket! I'm sure those thing make for good blankets & rugs.

14. James3

Apr 7, 2006
    and coats! [face_thinking]

Quick question for y'all to ponder...

Why did R2-D2 lose his little rocket booster thingies?

15. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Ha! Two months later someone posts to the thread. R2 never lost them. They just didnt get used! I'm thinking I'd love to have an astromech droid myself to help with my hyperdrive. I'm moving a little slow today.

16. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Watched TPM again this weekend. With each succesive viewing, I love it even more. Reminds me of all the hoopla surrounding it when it came out. It was everywhere and re-ignited the passion. The saber duel between Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan & Darth Maul will forever live stirred by the epic "Duel of Fates" just superb!

17. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Well I laid this egg (above post) to see if anyone was reading the board (apparently not) so I'll continue to post until someone comes along who wants to talk a bit. Over at Star Wars.com you can check out some really cool clips from V, each about 3-5minutes in length. The scene where Vader takes Luke's hand is spot on for your daily fix online. Long live the Empire!

18. TGaines1

Jan 2, 2007
    Obi Wan Kenobi! I brand thee a liar and a thief!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.