main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Episodes X thru XII "guaranteed"

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Luukeskywalker, Jul 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    If they don't do X-XII and the Skywalker Saga ends at IX but Luke doesn't die then I'd be seriously up for Skywalker: A Star Wars Story for the 50th in 2027. Basically Mark Hamill's Logan, Luke's last adventure. In fact I think I'd like that for the 50th more than X-XII.

Darth Smurf likes this.
  2. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    I seriously doubt we will see Mark Hamill onscreen again once this trilogy is over for anything more than a cameo. We need to remember that he is about 13 years older than the character he plays in the movie. By the time an Ep. X came around he likely would be nearing 80.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  3. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    I know. I seriously think it's IX and done for him. Maybe voice work for an animated series either between ROTJ & TFA or post-ST (depending on what happens) if they do one.

Just nice to dream...

4. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    Just make the new trilogy about the Ewoks and Porgs. Wicket could lead them to battle. They could even team up with the Gungans.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  5. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    They could battle against Wampas, Rancors, Nexus and Acklays.

Darth Smurf and revan772 like this.
  6. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    That is unfair. At least give your team Sarlaacs and Krayt Dragons or they won't even stand a chance. :p

7. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    i think they'll wait a while for 10-12 and they should.

B99 likes this.
  8. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Give them balls to store their monsters in.
    Porgeballs.

"Rathar! I choose you!"

9. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2016

I would hope Luke would survives this trilogy. Even if he didn't appear in nothing but cameos for future movies or whatever. Just the thought of losing Han, Luke, Leia in the trilogy is pretty depressing, even though it happened in the original trilogy with Obi, Yoda and Anakin/Vader going down one by one, the three mains from the PT.

10. RandomGreyJ

RandomGreyJ Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2016
    Yeah, Star Wars has always been a generational story, so it would make sense that each "Episodic Trilogy" would focus on the next generation of heroes (with hopefully the SST crew returning semi-prominently).

11. MillenniumFalcon2015

MillenniumFalcon2015 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 18, 2013
    Don't you mean just ST crew returning semi-prominitely? Episode X with the further adventures of Rey,Finn,Poe and BB-8 coming summer or Christmas 2027 on the 50th anniversary of SW fits like a glove! KK and Disney and LFL! MAKE EPISODE X,XI AND XII HAPPEN FOR 2027,2029 AND 2031!!!

12. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    One day we will get old Rey returning to teach her son Jhada about the ways of The Force while Finn is admiral of some big army and Poe has turned to smuggling porgs into Canto Bight’s luxury restaurants for food for the wealthy. Poe will be done fighting the good fight but when Finn is in trouble Poe will come back reluctantly to help him and Rey and Jhada destroy the Destroyer Base, where a powerful weapon can destroy entire galaxies by collapsing them into a black hole ;)

13. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Don't doubt that it'll happen eventually.
    When the planets align, and the contracts are signed.

Someday.

14. MillenniumFalcon2015

MillenniumFalcon2015 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 18, 2013
  15. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    He said completely original. Nothing to tie it to this trilogy of trilogies.

But on the possibility of a X-XII trilogy.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/mark-hamill-reveals-george-lucas-134400923.html

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  16. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Believe it or not, there was a time when ANH was going to be the ONLY Star Wars movie out there. Of course that's why, when it was first released, it was simply called "Star Wars". The episode number and title came later.

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  17. RandomGreyJ

RandomGreyJ Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2016
    You have no idea how much that used to confuse me as a kid. "It must've been weird back then when they released 4 5 and 6 before 1 2 and 3"

no joke that was me.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  18. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Well part of that is also Lucas love of old film serials. And those would often just drop you into a random episode with a random story without feeling the need to explain the backstory all that much. In the OT, the backstory was just that, backstory. It wasn't important HOW or WHEN things happened necessarily, just that they DID happen, which is why the details are kept rather vague overall.

Obviously Lucas changed his mind later on and decided to go more "grand and epic" with it.

19. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    We have Rian's trilogy, the GOT guys doing a series of films, spinoffs, and tv shows. I think it would be very easy to plant the seeds in those new productions to lead us back to another trilogy of episodic films.

20. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I have no desire to see the Skywalker saga continue beyond IX, and that is coming from a fan that loves Luke & Leia. With the loss of Carrie, I'd rather they close this chapter of the SW universe, its been going for over 40 years, so that is a long and successful run. Id frankly like them to move to another era, and explore brand new characters. I like many of the ST characters, but I don't need another trilogy about them.

21. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    It was The Star Wars in production IIRC.

Trilogy of trilogies has a nice ring to it.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  22. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    As Sean Parker said in The Social Network, "drop the 'the'".
    [​IMG]

23. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Since this particular forum is specifically about released films, I'm locking this thread. This discussion can be had elsewhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.