main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Eragon] Muran Chapter 2 Completed

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Jedi Gunny, Jul 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Title: Muran
    Author: JEDIGUNSHIP
    Timeframe: 50 years after the books
    Characters: OC's
    Summary: Frav Travelsson was just a normal 16-year old boy who always dreamed of the future and thought that he could never escape his dull life of a craftsman. When destiny confronts him, he is reluctant to accept it. However, will he be able to do the extraordinary when he is desperately needed?

Chapter 1: A New Hero

The sun was starting to rise in the sky above the small town of Carvahall. Birds began to sing their sweet songs in the morning air, while chipmunks scurried to find nuts to bury. The streets were deserted; not many people were up and active at this time in the morning; except for Frav Travellsson. Frav was usually found outside on these early mornings, watching the sun rise and the forest nearby spring to life. Sometimes, after a long night's hunt, he dropped his catch on a table in the town meeting spot and just sat there placidly. He was a quiet boy of 16 with long dark brown hair and a snug stocking cap over his head at enough of an ange to cove his left eye a little bit. He was tall and wiry; large muscles had never intrigued him as much as adventure. Adventure was what made his world go 'round.

On this one morning in mid-spring, Frav had just been on a long hunt on the outskirts of The Spine, a notorious forest that bordered Carvahall. The townspeople were always a little wary of it, as there were stories of huge monsters and other supernatural and terrifying beasts lurking for any fool daring to get close enough. Frav didn't believe in most of the old town legends; actually, he believed in just one legend. The legend that gave the town a name; that gave it a champion. It was of a boy who had, after finding a strange stone in the forest, had run off and did great things for all of Alagaesia. This legend, whether true or total fiction, gave Frav hope; he wanted to leave the town and make a name for himself. How he would do it was irrelevant at this time; he wasn't getting out anytime soon. His parents had raised him to be a great craftsman, someone who woulkd help out the community as a whole. However, he just didn't feel important doing that; he wanted more. Adventure was his respite; sometimes, he packed his supplies early one day and would return several days later. Getting away from life was his hobby; he liked sitting under a large tree, snacking on whatever provisions he had brought along. Listening to the birds in the trees and the small creatures scramble for cover drowned out the rest of his life; he was home in the wilderness.

Frav had just finished his hunt and was sitting at the meeting spot as always, his mind wandering as he scanned the horizon. Someday, I'm going to go out there, and no one's going to stop me. His tranquil thoughts were interrupted by the furious beating of wings and many small children screaming in joy. He didn't need to look at what was making the noise; it was one of the Dragon Riders. The town legend had always promoted the Riders, for they were the protecting order throughout the land. One of their ranks landed every so often in the middle of town, bringing news from around the Alagesia and sometimes food fro the children who ran up whenever they approached. Watching the rider, Frav could tell that it was Lyst Swordman; Lyst frequented Carvahall, and was known and respected around the village. Lyst was handing out small packets of candy to the children, who nibbled on their new food appreciatively. Frav liked observing the Riders; they were all in perfect condition and their dargons were things of beauty. However, he relized that what he wanted was to get away. Riders are not told where they can go; they have freedom to go wherever they want.

As adults started to swarm around Lyst and his dragon Propser, Frav decided that he might as well go with the flow and take a look at the pair. As he stood up, he felt silly venturing out to admire someone who was praised almost every day in the village for his kindn

2. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    I liked it=D=. It was good, I am eager to read more.

3. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I'll try to update this story sometime soon.

4. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Chapter 2: The Storyteller

As Frav made his way across town, people gave him strange looks. Why? If he was to be the next great Dragon Rider, why did they treat him with contempt? It was almost as if they silently hated him for his new destiny. Of course, he was still unsure about the path placed before him; that morning, he had been a normal teenager; now, he was expected to do great things. He was to follow in the footsteps of all of the other riders; but was that too much for him? The morning's events swirled feverishly around in his mind as he approached the door to the storyteller's hut. Reaching for the knob, Frav found that it was unlocked, so he opened the door carefully.

As he shut the door behind himself, Frav looked around the small hut. Rows of bookshelves lined one side of the hut, thousands of old books resting on the shelves. Several blankets were draped over the one visible chair in the room, and the fireplace was lit, the logs crackling gently. Careful not to tread on and potentially break anything, Frav made his way to the chair, where he saw a form. Coming closer, Frav coudl see that it was the storyteller, sacked out in the chair and asleep. "Hello?" asked Frav, but the old man did not wake up. "Excuse me?" asked Frav; again, the man did not budge. Giving up, Frav started to walk around the rest of the hut. In a small kitchen-like area, he could see thousands of small beads litter the one small table, while two tapestries dominated the far wall. Looking at these tapestries, Frav saw a large blue dragon stand majestically with its rider standing beside it. On the other one was another dragon, this time red. Its rider looked old and greyed, yet still displayed worn-out battle armor with pride. Frav had to had it to the riders; they were fearless. Reaching up to feel the cloth that made the beautiful pictures, a sharp "Don't touch!" came from behind. Looking back, Frav could see the old man looking at him. "I'm sorry if I have intruded," he said. "I just wanted to look at these pictures you have here."

"Those are more than pictures," said the old man, struggling to get out of the beat-up armchair. "They depict the great Dragon Rider who saved the land; that's him and his blue dragon."

"But, who is the other?" asked Frav. He was intent on learning the identity of the other rider.

"Even I do not know," said the storyteller, now out of the chair and hobbling over towards Frav. "He was an olden-time rider; one of those who was killed by the King during the first Dragon Wars. However, time has not lent me his name or that of his dragon; just the picture reamins as proof to his existence. Now, what would you like to know?"

"I would like to know about them. The Dragon Riders."

"Keen to learn about the legend, youngster?" asked the old man. "I have so many books on the subject. Let's have a look then, shall we?" He slowly moved over to the bookshelf, looking at the spines of the many books he had collected over the years.

"I don't think you understand . . ." said Frav.

"Of course I do," snapped the old man. "I know most anything about the land and its history. Well, anything that was recorded, that is. I'm no magician; I cannot see the past."

"But there is something I have to tell you first," said Frav.

"And what would that be?" asked the man. "If it's a rare book, can I borrow it?"

"No, it's more . . . rare than a book." Frav reached into his tunic; he was going to show his new posession to the man. Feeling the smooth texture of the egg, he pulled it out and held it in his hands. The shell of the egg glimmered in the light from the fire, giving off a dark-green glow. "This is what I have come to ask about."

The man looked back, a puzzled look on his face. Then, upon seeing the egg, his eyes shot up, and his jaw slightly dropped. "You . . . have one?" he asked amazedly.

"It was given to me this morning," answered Frav.

"A real dragon egg . . ." said the old man, holding out his hand to feel the texture of the egg's su

5. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Sorry I haven't updated lately; I've had other things to do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.